Is Hip Hop Dead ....??? Discuss Your Opinions Here.

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
116 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
89 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

'i think i'm outgrowing hip hop'
Yeah, hip hop is almost irrelevant to me now. this new shit is garbage 1 25.00%
If you outgrew hiphop, that means you were never really a fan to begin with 1 25.00%
Fuck that noise, you trendy motherfucker 0 0%
Yo whatever, b 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #301
John_Dillinga 
space
space
$696 | Props total: 0 0
 Young Cutthroat said:
I guarantee you...if all so-called hip hop heads and gangster rap heads went out to the store and bought music from the artists that they support...then the industry would push that good music. They push what sales, and good hip hop doesnt sale in the store because people download and burn the albums. But people do get up and buy this bubble gum sh*t that u hear on the radio.
I miss the early 90's, if I still heard music like that coming out...I'll definitely buy it and urge others to buy it too. I want the whole industry to go back to where it was at that time. Back then, u heard that gangsta sh*t in the mainstream.
Not even Gangsta music in general, The early 90's-97 was the best period in music bottomline.
 05-18-2008, 07:59 AM         #302
Young Cutthroat  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 John_Dillinga said:
Not even Gangsta music in general, The early 90's-97 was the best period in music bottomline.
Hell yeah, I agree. I said gangsta music because Im a big fan of that westcoast music from that time. Every coast was putting out good music then, but we stopped buying it though. Labels stopped getting paid off of sales. The artists get paid off of shows, so theyre straight. But what about the label making their money? I still say that if we buy the music that we claim we're dying to hear...then the game will have a flashback.
 05-18-2008, 08:42 AM         #303
Linksys  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fat joe - lean back
 10 years ago '06        #304
John_Dillinga 
space
space
$696 | Props total: 0 0
 Linksys said:
fat joe - lean back

Nah it started way before that travisty of a song... around the middle of 98 music just went down hill, Starting with Master P, but Fat Joe was the second Nail in the coffin, G-Unit 3rd, Lil Flame 4th, Snap Music/Crunk 5th.

We got one more nail ready to hammer, Mims was almost the Six... but I think that nail is reserved for Soulja Boy.

Last edited by John_Dillinga; 05-18-2008 at 08:55 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #305
Thepeoplerunnin 
space
space
space
$4,208 | Props total: 0 0
 Nugen2384 said:
I agree but only to a certain extent. You still had quality hip-hop records coming out. I remember one of the first albums I ever d/led was "Reflection Eternal". The dimise of rap began when "crunk" emerged.
THERE YOU GO RIGHT THERE......
 10 years ago '08        #306
chaoitic23 2 heat pts
space
space
$521 | Props total: 25 25
 uzi m.c. said:
i dont think hiphop is dead at all...maybe ppl just listen the wrong music,mainstream is EXTREMELY sh*tty,and for it you could say is dead,meaning the quality went completely :thumbsdow ,but you got plenty of albums where rappers spit dope lyrics and the beats are on point and they keepin the sh*t more than alive...

truth is ppl dont support so much anymore,but i think also that rap stars started actin like some fu*kin spoiled brats,cryin for not bein able to buy 7 houses,10 suvs,nba team and start a clothing line company off of their first single....its not so bad to sell 300,000 records like they tryin to make it look like....its just they all wanna sell 10million records per album and buy a new chain every time they need to take a photo....

i keep supportin the artists who i feel that deserve the support,and if majority does the same its gon be all good....
Agreed
 10 years ago '07        #307
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
Hip Hop's not dead. It lives and breathes in the heart of the fans. This is a hip-hop section being updated everyday right? Maybe the industry is backwards but the music is wherever you want it to be.
 10 years ago '05        #308
pYUNEit 
space
space
$707 | Props total: 0 0
not sure if there is an answer to this question...the yeah 2008 k!lled 1988 hip hop
 10 years ago '05        #309
freeg4 
space
space
space
$642 | Props total: 65 65
White people...now close thread.
 05-18-2008, 04:09 PM         #310
serius  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hip Hop Aint Dead
 10 years ago '05        #311
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,954 | Props total: 10845 10845
money, corporate, gimmiks, all that sh*t...
 10 years ago '08        #312
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23332 23332
Holloywood Divorce tells you why it "died"

(Andre 3000)
Hollywood divorce
all the fresh styles always start off as a good little hood thing
look at blues, rock, jazz, rap
Not even talkin about music
everything else too
by the time it reach Hollywood it's over
but it's cool
we just keep it goin and make new sh*t

(Snoop Dogg)
Take our game, take our name
give us a little fame -
and then they kick us to the curb that's a cold thang
Money and Popularity

Once businesses get wind of whats the new thing is they throw money at it or if that doesn't work they just copy it and then the downward spiral begins
 10 years ago '06        #313
STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
flipmode
 10 years ago '07        #314
DiplomatMagic 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,400 | Props total: 35 35
hip-hop was dying for a couple years before

but the ppl who just kicked it back to the ground

was the snapping crunk sh*t
 10 years ago '06        #315
ItIsWhatItIs 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,675 | Props total: 200 200
the people who run hiphop, label heads
 10 years ago '06        #316
Da Realness 2 heat pts
space
space
$12,417 | Props total: 4 4
its the people. when labels start seein people listenin to other sh*t then theyw ill aloow these artists to accomodate what the people like. it aint radio..it aint no fu*kin internet...its us..the people
 05-18-2008, 10:48 PM         #317
SIMON BELMONT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ~:Frank White:~ said:
RADIO OR VIDEOS?
corporations and the ignorant a.ssed south
 10 years ago '08        #318
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23332 23332
I'd say if you could blame it on just a certain number of things I'd say these:

1.Money-self explanatory

2.Radio-Unless you pay 4 play or you're established you wont be played. So theres no avenue for artist who aren't already caked out or signed to get on(Myspace/social networks are the 21st century versions of the radio)

3.Corporation owned labels-They're already losing money so they are playing it safe and only pushing artist they know have selling potential. In the 90s more labels were independent and more interested in good music so taking chances on different types of artist was the norm so there was a broad spectrum of artist getting shine. Now its limited to gangsta rappers, drug dealer rappers, club rappers, or a combination of those artist.

4. The Rapper-The reason I blame the artist is because instead of doing the music they wanted to do they conform and become who the label wants them to be. Some artist probably felt the way they originally rapped wouldn't get them into the mainstream so they got a persona they knew would work which most of the time turns out to be one of the rapper categories I named in #3.

Thats why everybody was hardbody after 2003(50 cent selling millions), Everybody was a drug dealer in 2005(T.I. starting to get more shine, Jeezy, Cassidy,etc.) and in 2008, everybody is on that autotune sh*t or rapping like Weezy(Lil Wayne and T Pain blew up in 2007).

So the artist also dictated how the game was shifting from its state in the 90s to the 00s.

you can't say one factor b/c so many play a part in the "downfall"

Last edited by Arson; 05-18-2008 at 11:06 PM..
 10 years ago '08        #319
LuckyLu 
space
space
$111 | Props total: 2 2
stupid dance steps
 07-18-2008, 04:37 PM         #320
Bogey_J  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i know this has been discussed to death, but just answer the question..

is hip hop dead to you? vote and discuss
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy