Is Hip Hop Dead ....??? Discuss Your Opinions Here.

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
98 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
100 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

'i think i'm outgrowing hip hop'
Yeah, hip hop is almost irrelevant to me now. this new shit is garbage 1 25.00%
If you outgrew hiphop, that means you were never really a fan to begin with 1 25.00%
Fuck that noise, you trendy motherfucker 0 0%
Yo whatever, b 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #221
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,460 | Props total: 16241 16241
 iheartnas said:
If hip hop isnt dead then why is evey new wannabe rappin about the SAME sh*t examples: grills,cars,ass, etc. When meanwhile older rappers are (for the most part) still doin the same sh*t and they sound great?? IMHO the new sh*t just doesnt have feeling anymore. Lyrically retarted, regenerated bullsh*t and even artists reusing the SAME beats from their previous songs... its just a lack of creativity and an increase of laziness. U wanna rap about how many grams u sold today on every album then quit rappin and sell some more. Hip hop IS DEAD.
thank you.. if cats was makin all this money in the streets why you even rappin...if you that business minded you`d have flipped that cash into a legitimate business. So essentially they aint even doin what they say. They just sellin dreams, and talkin about how they speak on the realities of the hood...that aint cute.
 10 years ago '07        #222
CaP 
space
space
space
$1,329 | Props total: 0 0
I am a huge Nas fan, but its funny how he got people saying hip hop is dead and these mainstream songs and wack artist who make songs for a dance are the reason but in one of the latest interviews with Nas, he said that soulja boy is his jam out in the clubs. to me soulja boy is just a mainstream song
 10-23-2007, 12:42 AM         #223
crookD  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
when a genre of music hits every culture and they feelin it the same way people think its old. there were more passionate hip hop heads back in the day because it was just comin up. now that everyone is down with hip hop the true hip hop fans is hatin cuz its not just their music anymore its everyones.
 10-24-2007, 10:13 AM         #224
IVOL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Do you remember the golden oldies? Do you remember Tupac? Do you remember the first Snoop Dogg? Do You remember B.I.G? Do you remember the Motown movement? Do you listen to music like this and it hits you in a place where music today cant hit you today? Like its hard for people to connect with their listeners on a real emotional level in hip-hop/rap.

I think that all that old sh*t had soooooooo much soul. It seems like the reason hip-hop/rap is the way it is now is because most rappers/hip-hoppers have sold their souls for the MONEY.

At one time there wasn't much money circulating around this genre and there was so much realness and soul and now its without the soul and we are making so much money. Every since hip-hop/rap has became popular culture the soul has been sold for the money.

Who agrees? If not, voice your opinion/explanation.
 10 years ago '04        #225
syxx2001 
space
space
$2,809 | Props total: 168 168
One, everything old ALWAYS sounds better than whats new. In 10 years people will be saying "I remember back in 03 and 04 when _____ was k!lling sh*t. It aint the same no more".

Two, I agree, rappers have sold their soul for the money. Theres a reason old people can listen to Pac. Theres a reason why Pac and BIG are considered the GOATs besides them being dead. n*ggas dont wanna rap because they are good anymore, they wanna rap because it brings money, and those n*ggas suck and are fu*king up the game. Its like everybody and their brother bootlegging movies. n*ggas start selling low quality cams and silvers and make it hard for n*ggas with good product to sell the sh*t without carrying a portable dvd player.

But this is nothing new, its been known. Blame Jay-Z or Wu Tang. They were the first to take a rap name and turn it into a lucrative brand.
 10-24-2007, 10:21 AM         #226
IVOL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 syxx2001 said:
One, everything old ALWAYS sounds better than whats new. In 10 years people will be saying "I remember back in 03 and 04 when _____ was k!lling sh*t. It aint the same no more".

Two, I agree, rappers have sold their soul for the money. Theres a reason old people can listen to Pac. Theres a reason why Pac and BIG are considered the GOATs besides them being dead. n*ggas dont wanna rap because they are good anymore, they wanna rap because it brings money, and those n*ggas suck and are fu*king up the game. Its like everybody and their brother bootlegging movies. n*ggas start selling low quality cams and silvers and make it hard for n*ggas with good product to sell the sh*t without carrying a portable dvd player.

But this is nothing new, its been known. Blame Jay-Z or Wu Tang. They were the first to take a rap name and turn it into a lucrative brand.

props
 10-24-2007, 10:26 AM         #227
Face3Stacks  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 syxx2001 said:

n*gga fu*k you..the Wu NEVER sold out..yeah they made money but they music still touches the heart of the culture:rolleyes:

blame you southern fu*kin coons for bein sheep FOLLOWERS
all you n*ggas copy each other.the southe hiphop scene is the most generic sh*t in history of n*ggadom
500 lil's
200 youngs
200 dances
400 songs about grills and cars

go make another baby with your sister f*g**t a.ss inbred
 10 years ago '04        #228
syxx2001 
space
space
$2,809 | Props total: 168 168
 Face3Stacks said:
n*gga fu*k you..the Wu NEVER sold out..yeah they made money but they music still touches the heart of the culture:rolleyes:

all you n*ggas copy each other.the southe hiphop scene is the most generic sh*t in history of n*ggadom
500 lil's
200 youngs
200 dances

LOL, Im sorry that you think I actually like music from the south. I'd consider that an insult before your post.

And the Wu prolly never sold out, but they introduced the idea of using music to open other doors when they started Wu Wear, actually Im not sure who did it first Wu or Roc, but whoever it was, you can blame them.
 10 years ago '04        #229
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,449 | Props total: 6518 6518
 Face3Stacks said:

500 lil's
200 youngs
200 dances

ignorance at its finest
 10-24-2007, 10:55 AM         #230
Twista740  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Face3Stacks said:
500 lil's
200 youngs
200 dances
word up,lol....proped
 10-24-2007, 11:26 AM         #231
IVOL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Face3Stacks said:

500 lil's
200 youngs
200 dances

props
 10 years ago '05        #232
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
 Fatt Kidd said:
Think about.......
when older people like yo parents or grand parents heard you playin Illmatic or Wu Tang or NWA they were thinkin that music was dead. Cuz they wasnt ready for the change. I think that same thing happened to anyone that thinks hip hop is dead. It didnt die. You just turned into that old person that doesnt like the change and generation.

and if you send me hate yo kids gonna catch chicken pox
That Zshare link... Are serious? this is the first time i ever heard that. tell me exactly whats so special about this song n why you think how he just rapped requires any kind of skill or shows any sort of talent.
I literally listened to the whole thing n i am embarrased to stand up for the Hip Hop when people like "weezy wee" make sh*t like this...

Was he Constipated? Heroined out? Pilled out? takin a sh*t?
 11-09-2007, 03:04 AM         #233
large632  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WTF is up with all these old rappers. Rap music is supposed to be young raw and hard but i just can't imagine a 50 year old rapper just rocking the mic.
 10 years ago '04        #234
juniorg21 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,223 | Props total: 1744 1744
hip hop aint dead but rap is k!lling it. and if u dont know the difference between rap and hip-hop thats yor own damn fault. i grew up on hip hop and when corporate america decided they wanted to make a buck off hip hop they made rap. n*ggas out there conforming to what the major labels think will sell and market the hell out of it, not paying attention to the quality of the music. they know that suburban white kids got money and dont want to hear anything lyrical. they want something watered down that they can sing along to and know these kids will go buy it. and thats why hip hop is dying. like it or not. we're not gettin old, you just like bullsh*t music. end of story.
 10 years ago '07        #235
mosexclusive 
space
space
space
$642 | Props total: 6 6
Hiphop isnt dead because of corporations or artist....its dead because of most of the people on this board....some of you talk about how Lupe is hiphop and he makes real music, but how many of you BOUGHT his album? I wouldnt doubt if much less than half of you didnt...While, you have people like Jeezy goin plat on both his albums....What message does that send? If you are a record exec. that says pump out more Jeezy, and less Lupe....You guys are also forgetting that hiphop IS a business and always was....Russel Simmons didnt start DefJam thinking he didnt wanna make a dolla, and none of the other rap groups like A Tribe Called Quest, NWA, Talib Kweli, Mos Def, Lupe, or Nas can tell me they were completely in it for the love and art form of music...With that being said, the only way to change things is to do it with your wallet and not your typing or talking
 02-10-2008, 05:31 PM         #236
CYPRESS HILLS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Co Sign Thredsarter
 02-10-2008, 05:38 PM         #237
Professa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fatt Kidd said:
Think about.......
when older people like yo parents or grand parents heard you playin Illmatic or Wu Tang or NWA they were thinkin that music was dead. Cuz they wasnt ready for the change. I think that same thing happened to anyone that thinks hip hop is dead. It didnt die. You just turned into that old person that doesnt like the change and generation.

and if you send me hate yo kids gonna catch chicken pox
nah i know hip hop aint dead becuz theres still the underground...theres many dudes out there still k!llin it but they dont get no shine becuz record labels sign people like soulja boy and hurricane chris nowadays becuz they appeal to the younger generation...i aint gonna hate on them cats for makin' money though...sure they might make wack music but they're gettin paid doin it...on the other hand it would be nice for sumone to be able to make good hip hop music and still make decent money...and the one dude is right about how it doesnt just have to do with the record execs...how many people actually went and bought lupe's album or ghostface's album? most people download sh*t nowadays so sh*t dont sell

Last edited by Professa; 02-10-2008 at 05:39 PM..
 02-20-2008, 02:57 AM         #238
majormarcj  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 teejay12 said:
goood point but how do u explain 21 and 22,23 and 24 yr olds dat feel this way ?
@ 23 i feel extremely too old for this coonery
 03-26-2008, 07:25 AM         #239
Fatt Kidd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 deeznutz said:
see your a complete idiot because my parents or grandparents never liked hip hop so obviously they hated it. see i like the older hip hop like 93-00 so when i hear the sh*t that comes out today it just plain sucks and will never be as good as it was back in the day. same thing i say about rock music, it used to be way better than it is now. your comparing 2 totally different situations. its like me saying that country music is wack nowadays when i never liked the sh*t in the first place. use your head ya little midget
obviously youre an idiot cuz you didnt read what i said. i can tell just by reading your firs tline, so i didnt read anything else you said.
 03-26-2008, 07:28 AM         #240
Fatt Kidd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Universal~Mind said:
That Zshare link... Are serious? this is the first time i ever heard that. tell me exactly whats so special about this song n why you think how he just rapped requires any kind of skill or shows any sort of talent.
I literally listened to the whole thing n i am embarrased to stand up for the Hip Hop when people like "weezy wee" make sh*t like this...

Was he Constipated? Heroined out? Pilled out? takin a sh*t?
actually the reason i posted that zshare link was to promote a song i made called crank dat weezy wee. i did it a couple months ago and its been on like 10 mixtapes and played in many clubs and even lil wayne plays this song in his car....so yea thats why i did it.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
88 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
133 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
195 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
122 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
72 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
113 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy