Is Hip Hop Dead ....??? Discuss Your Opinions Here.

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
17 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
94 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

'i think i'm outgrowing hip hop'
Yeah, hip hop is almost irrelevant to me now. this new shit is garbage 1 25.00%
If you outgrew hiphop, that means you were never really a fan to begin with 1 25.00%
Fuck that noise, you trendy motherfucker 0 0%
Yo whatever, b 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #201
comrad 
space
space
$524 | Props total: 0 0
 (619)309-6449 said:
1.) Common
2.)Tallib Kweli
3.) Lupe
4.)CLOSE THREAD
i'm not sure what your post is about, but if your trying to say common talib and lupe don't curse then your post was pointless.
 10 years ago '04        #202
Jussn Kredible 42 heat pts42
space
space
$3,409 | Props total: 58 58
there has been TWO rappers that have choosen not to curse...one no one cares about(p), the other did make a hot new album, but sooo? thas just one person, there are 9384398439 rappers, and one good one who doesnt curse..thas not good odds, PLUS i bet if cham's album goes double wood, expect a whole lot of curses next album
 10 years ago '05        #203
comrad 
space
space
 Jussn Kredible said:
there has been TWO rappers that have choosen not to curse...one no one cares about(p), the other did make a hot new album, but sooo? thas just one person, there are 9384398439 rappers, and one good one who doesnt curse..thas not good odds, PLUS i bet if cham's album goes double wood, expect a whole lot of curses next album
just because you don't care about p doesn't mean no one else does. if nobody cared about p he wouldn't be able to crush you with his wallet. p is on a whole other level with his money. and on what you say about cham ; why would someone who built their career on making clean music all of the sudden put out an album with explicit lyrics?

Last edited by comrad; 09-17-2007 at 06:54 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #204
space
space
just because i dont? he has gone triple plastic since mystikal went to jail...he had to shut down no limit records cuz he sucked and his whole label sucked...no one is checkin for p, he's not a good lyricist and is past his prime..he had his lil 15 minutes and is out, aint no comin back from a dead career..no one said he wasnt a smart business man, he is, but his music career has been over for awhile now, everyone knows that

and who made their career on clean music? sound of revenge had a explicit sticker on it guy, this is just an experiment...this album is way better than sound of revenge, so if he doesnt sell, u can bet on him goin back to cursin cuz thas what WORKED...thas what any good business person would do, and cham aint stupid
 09-17-2007, 06:20 PM         #205
An-Tony-O Monta  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
skee-lo needs to make a comeback now!
 10 years ago '05        #206
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 An-Tony-O Monta said:
skee-lo needs to make a comeback now!
:D...
 10 years ago '07        #207
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,451 | Props total: 16226 16226
 Fatt Kidd said:
well then dont you think music in general got worse when hip hop was created? no. but alot of older people feel that way when they hear something new. so my theory is that it didnt get worse. people are just getting old.
that generation was just ignorant cause most of the records produced back then were just loops of old records. Now the thing here is hip hop hasnt really changed and is not dead indeed. But it is heavily controlled by an element that once said it wouldnt last... then it became lucrative, and the corporations took control of it... SO basically it is not our culture that has been deciding whats hip hop to our youth... So essentially it is dead in its original context of what it stood for.. Its dead because while they played the lukes and gangsta isht they were also playin the Public enemy isht the native tongues and righteous teachers... there is no balance.. Crack is not a thing to speak about like thats what made you rich...then why you rappin?? The corporations have made it so that the only thing you hear is isht that supports there attacks on hip hop further strengthening stereotypes.. If people could see the otherside of the culture outside of gats and crack then they wouldnt have room to put blame on the culture nah mean. It truely takes more grind to make money with out selling crack or robbin and stealin...crack sells it self..and you aint isht with out a gun.. So make moves outside of that then holler about grindin. We all know cats use fiction in they rhymes...at what point will we get back to truth?? And if all you know is robbin and stealin what made ya decide to quit...talk about that not how many cats ya murdered or how much money ya made..talk about the success of makin it out alive and how that aint the route to go..period.
 10 years ago '04        #208
faygo 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,130 | Props total: 103 103
MAN HIP HOP DIED IN 2003 CUZ THATS WHEN IT MADE THAT CHANGE TO THAT R&B TYPE STUFF. I'M A 80'S BABY AND I HEARD IT ALL AND THE GENERATION NOW THE CRANK DAT'S THE A BAY BAY'S THE LAFFY TAFFIES THE ANY OTHER BULLsh*t IS ST8 WACK U GOT A COUPLE OF DUDES THAT COULD HAVE HELD THEIR OWN IN THE GOLDEN AGE THE LUPE'S THE LUDACRIS'S THE GAME'S THE STACK BUNDLES'S THE KAYE'S THE JOE BUDDEN'S sh*t LIKE COULD HAVE HELD IT OWN BACK IN THE DAY LIKE 90% PERCENT OF THE RAPPERS TODAY COULDN'T HOLD THEY OWN IF RAPPING BACK THEN SO IT SEEM LIKE IT TOOK A TURN FOR THE WORSE I REALLY DONT fu*k WITH NEW MUSIC LIKE THAT JUST FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT EVERYBODY SAYING THE SAME THING LIKE A SIMILY BUT WHEN GO FROM IF I RULE THE WORLD TO A BAY BAY BEING ON THE AIRWAVES THAT IS fu*kING TERRIBLE
 10 years ago '04        #209
space
space
bump bump bump...i think ill chalk up the win on this one...*pours liquor for chams sales*
 10 years ago '07        #210
ynfante11 3 heat pts
space
space
$499 | Props total: 11 11
Hip Hop Aint Dead!!!!! It Just Lives In The South!!!
 10 years ago '04        #211
faygo 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,130 | Props total: 103 103
 ynfante11 said:
with who Chamillionaire and Luda thats it
 10 years ago '07        #212
ynfante11 3 heat pts
space
space
$499 | Props total: 11 11
nah with luda cham birdman lil wayne ti trick daddy dj khaled rickross lil boosie tpain!!!! WE GOT THE RAP GAME ON LOCK AND WE GO HARDER THEN ANY OTHER PART OF THE COUNTRY!!!
 10 years ago '07        #213
space
space
 Fatt Kidd said:
well then dont you think music in general got worse when hip hop was created? no. but alot of older people feel that way when they hear something new. so my theory is that it didnt get worse. people are just getting old.
its not a matter of change its a matter of balance, and creativity.. hip hop began as a method of individual creativity.. Artists with that new sound was what it was about...now its about the same ole sh*t..` to some degree.. Those people puttin out them same ole` singles are not gonna last.. Hip hop s dead because it was taken over by the machine.. Its ability to be exploited was recognized, and now Suit and Ties decide what hip hop is...not us. People dont buy rap anymore.. They only want that one radio single cause its the only thing there brains have been programmed to like. Seems like there is no longevity in this game anymore so essentially its dead..because even that "new" "hot" sh*t only last for so long..Then dies
 10-10-2007, 08:16 AM         #214
Yankee22  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
here's my opinion. i understand where u comin from... but back when hip hop started out, it used a more uptempo way of expressing how people felt. naturally, our elders back then came from an era where artists didnt curse much on their records. eventually, they started to hear the message more and grew to understand and appreciate the music. in todays age, its a different situation. The music is worse and has not progressed as an art form, but instead has slowly become illiterate. in this age, the clubs and the mixtapes rule everything and no one wants to send a positive or a conscious message. todays IPOD generation pays little attention if not, no attention to what goes on around them. they dont care about the thousands of job losses that have been happening over the past few years since 9/11 because of the our own governments lack of responsibility in stoppin a known threat. they dont care that the poor people they are surrounded with get overlooked by their own government because its too busy putting money and power into the hands of those who don't deserve it. they dont care that the very schools they attend cant get enough funding to help better their education and use the resources for positive re-enforcements to keep todays youth away from potential harm. all they care about is who's dancin to what and imitating fake rappers they see in the videos who portray the easy side of life but never the difficult. Hip Hop is dead no matter how u view it. that doesnt mean it doesnt exist in the hearts of many of us who still believe in it, but as an overall musical genre that used to be at the pinnacle of music itself, its dead. the conscious rappers we have now cannot ressurect it alone. Gimmicks have replaced natural talent, street cred. replaced painting the picture of what u see goin on in ya home town and in the world. now hooks make up 90 percent of alot of the songs out now followed by a dance that is just perpetuated by a couple of more steps, as opposed to originality and actually spittin real verses that people could relate to. its not that we are stuck in our timeline, its that, no one wants to respect the history of where this music came from and how it evolved. right now its not evolving. this is what angers most of us. i aint hatin on no ones success, but at least have content to go with the feel-good music. not everything can be about dancin and drinkin and throwin rims on ya car. speak about everything. let everyone know that their are 2 sides to a coin. the money that u love so much can be gone in an istant trying to play catch up.
 10 years ago '05        #215
iheartnas|m 
space
space
$1,134 | Props total: 0 0
If hip hop isnt dead then why is evey new wannabe rappin about the SAME sh*t examples: grills,cars,ass, etc. When meanwhile older rappers are (for the most part) still doin the same sh*t and they sound great?? IMHO the new sh*t just doesnt have feeling anymore. Lyrically retarted, regenerated bullsh*t and even artists reusing the SAME beats from their previous songs... its just a lack of creativity and an increase of laziness. U wanna rap about how many grams u sold today on every album then quit rappin and sell some more. Hip hop IS DEAD.
 10 years ago '05        #216
comrad 
space
space
i lost this one :( haha.
 10-18-2007, 05:07 PM         #217
Jerzyfam  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all the music from the south is already directed towards the youth so what are you talkin bout?

my boy told me today his little sister ran up a $500+ phone bill voting on BET's top 25. $1 per vote and she did it over $500 times. So yeah the youth already is the main focus. That's why most songs are very deep and focus on beats.
 10-18-2007, 11:01 PM         #218
Bella420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fatt Kidd said:
Think about.......
when older people like yo parents or grand parents heard you playin Illmatic or Wu Tang or NWA they were thinkin that music was dead. Cuz they wasnt ready for the change. I think that same thing happened to anyone that thinks hip hop is dead. It didnt die. You just turned into that old person that doesnt like the change and generation.

and if you send me hate yo kids gonna catch chicken pox
 10 years ago '07        #219
space
space
 ynfante11 said:
why does it live their if Kanye is from chi, and fifty is from NYC?? you sayin they aint hip hop???
 10 years ago '07        #220
space
space
 ynfante11 said:
nah with luda cham birdman lil wayne ti trick daddy dj khaled rickross lil boosie tpain!!!! WE GOT THE RAP GAME ON LOCK AND WE GO HARDER THEN ANY OTHER PART OF THE COUNTRY!!!
these cats go harder than 50?? and didnt boosie get caught with a crack pipe?? that aint hard mang. And why is it that ya`ll southern officianados aint buy chams new album cause he switched it up?? He still cham
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
111 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
115 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy