Is Hip Hop Dead ....??? Discuss Your Opinions Here.

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
58 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
73 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
128 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
115 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

'i think i'm outgrowing hip hop'
Yeah, hip hop is almost irrelevant to me now. this new shit is garbage 1 25.00%
If you outgrew hiphop, that means you were never really a fan to begin with 1 25.00%
Fuck that noise, you trendy motherfucker 0 0%
Yo whatever, b 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 09-11-2007, 01:38 AM         #181
Doc D  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 YusufSaad said:
you should stop saying that your not a racist because honestly what is so wrong with that. look at ALL the white people that have a seething hatred for ALL black people because maybe a couple years ago some kids made fun of him in high school. its like if white people are in the army and they have a black person f!ghting next to him, he says thats my brother. that same white guy go's out into a bad neighborhood and see a rasta and he says thats a n-word.
what makes you so sure we arent in slavery now? who lives in the nice suburban homes(in the majority) and who lives in the sh*tty ghetto duplexes from paycheck to paycheck( in the majority).
what makes you so sure we arent still in a big minstrel show?

and white people, read a fu*king history book that wasnt written by YOUR people for a change. who is fu*king up hiati?rwanda?sudan?jamaica?....the list could go on for a llooooooong a.ss time. white people need to get their knowledge up before they start talking like they know whats truth and whats not.

the struggle against oppression is not intimately about race, its about the courage and dignity to stand for what you believe in

OMG i just made that up someone put that in their signature or write it down
Stfu with your sh*tty a.ss rap career, you don't get to talk after posting your dumb a.ss track in the NEWS SECTION AND TRYING TO PROMOTE YOURSELF. You were so low to dissing Martin Luther King for fame. Your option means nothing ho.
 09-11-2007, 02:56 AM         #182
YusufSaad  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
suck a d*ck
you opinion means sh*t
 09-11-2007, 06:11 AM         #183
Tha_D  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Y'all tripping on some odd sh*t. It's all 'Black Vs White', nothing is clearly defined as what some of you make it out to be. A negative attitude will keep negativity in its cycle. People need to wake up. This is one stupid a.ss thread.
 10 years ago '05        #184
Left Hook 28 heat pts28
space
space
$13,336 | Props total: 1694 1694
You sound like an angry and misinformed teenager, why would America want slavery back? There'd be global outcry.
 10 years ago '07        #185
Klock 
space
space
space
$30 | Props total: 0 0
ONCE HIP-HOP STARTED MAKIN THE SAME TYPE OF MONEY AS COUNTRY/ROCK...THAT'S WHEN THE PROBLEMS BEGAN...YOU HAVE MAJORITY OF ARTISTS & WANNABE ARTISTS FOCUSING ON MONEY/HOW TO MAKE MONEY...INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON SKILLS/CONCEPTS...THANGS THAT EMCEES USED TO FOCUS ON.

I COULD TYPE A DAMN NOVEL ON THIS SUBJECT BUT ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT PROBLEMS W/ HIP-HOP IS...

TOO MANY MUfu*kAS WANNA BE RAPPERS NOW A DAYS!!!

THERE'S MORE RAPPERS THAN FANS.

*RECORDS ALBUM*
 09-13-2007, 04:24 PM         #186
Fatt Kidd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Klock said:
ONCE HIP-HOP STARTED MAKIN THE SAME TYPE OF MONEY AS COUNTRY/ROCK...THAT'S WHEN THE PROBLEMS BEGAN...YOU HAVE MAJORITY OF ARTISTS & WANNABE ARTISTS FOCUSING ON MONEY/HOW TO MAKE MONEY...INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON SKILLS/CONCEPTS...THANGS THAT EMCEES USED TO FOCUS ON.

I COULD TYPE A DAMN NOVEL ON THIS SUBJECT BUT ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT PROBLEMS W/ HIP-HOP IS...

TOO MANY MUfu*kAS WANNA BE RAPPERS NOW A DAYS!!!

THERE'S MORE RAPPERS THAN FANS.

*RECORDS ALBUM*
thats true. everybody raps just becuz they can make that one hit. they look at a dumbed down song and think i can do that too. so they do it.
 09-13-2007, 07:33 PM         #187
CommSense123  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
real hip hop isnt dead it just hading from mainstream f*g**ts. hip hop doesnt want fans who dont know who G Rap is. so she's hiding in the underground with all the real artists and real fans.
 10 years ago '05        #188
comrad 
space
space
$524 | Props total: 0 0
i think the future of rap lies in the hands of rappers like master p and chamillionaire.

why?

no cursing, vulgar lyrics.just clean raps, about any type of issue

i'm talking about no cussing through out the whole album.

imagine the marketing aspects?
being able to market to a broader audience, mainly the children.
no need for parental advisory stickers
master p learned a thing or two when his a.ss was showing up on nickelodeon and you were hating on him calling him a sellout and sh*t

What kind of criticism would parents be able to give to this revitalized genre of hip-hop?

and don't give me 50 sh*tty argument cause p put him in his place on national television.

hiphop with no cursing has been around i'm sure. but name the last artist that was able to do it big like cham and p are going to do it.

similar artists are going to spring up from other regions besides the south i believe.

look at conscience artists like common, mos def, talib? they're whole concept of positive rap is more accepted now than ever before by the commercial mainstream

the game isn't going to stay in the south forever...
where do you think hiphop is headed as far as the commercial mainstream goes?

Last edited by comrad; 09-17-2007 at 03:25 AM..
 09-17-2007, 04:14 AM         #189
King Juels  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It will work until a rebellious rapper comes out and disrupt the whole cycle like Ice-T and N.W.A. and get the youth fired up with the raw gritty rebel rap music. Kids only want what their parents don't want for them. That's the way it is.
 10 years ago '05        #190
comrad 
space
space
 King Juels said:
It will work until a rebellious rapper comes out and disrupt the whole cycle like Ice-T and N.W.A. and get the youth fired up with the raw gritty rebel rap music. Kids only want what their parents don't want for them. That's the way it is.
who isn't a rebellious rapper nowadays? don't get me wrong, explicit lyrics are going to be part of hip-hop forever, and there will always be an audience for it. but the youth needs a better variety when it comes to good rap with good content. my little cousin for example is in the 5th grade, he loves rap but his favorite songs are ballin' by jim jones and superman by soulja boy.what good comes from redundant and catchy songs? what's he ever going to learn from that sh*t. i can't wait to give him a cham or master p cd and see if he likes it or not. i think the current youth ages 6-13 is an untapped resource when it comes to hip-hop. there's a lot of money to be made.
 10 years ago '04        #191
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,277 | Props total: 2846 2846
don't mention Master P and Chamillionaire songs in the same sentence..

now I can agree with Chamillionaire being the future..
 10 years ago '06        #192
Crown Loyal 
space
space
$2,435 | Props total: 1 1
 comrad said:
who isn't a rebellious rapper nowadays? don't get me wrong, explicit lyrics are going to be part of hip-hop forever, and there will always be an audience for it. but the youth needs a better variety when it comes to good rap with good content. my little cousin for example is in the 5th grade, he loves rap but his favorite songs are ballin' by jim jones and superman by soulja boy.what good comes from redundant and catchy songs? what's he ever going to learn from that sh*t. i can't wait to give him a cham or master p cd and see if he likes it or not. i think the current youth ages 6-13 is an untapped resource when it comes to hip-hop. there's a lot of money to be made.
That is very true. I had this argument the other day with this girl from Shreveport, La and he took offense to it when I said what you just wrote. Youth ages 6 thru lets say even 17 are uneducated on what they listen to and where it comes from. I had told her that these same people are like the East and West suck and that the South is running thangs. And I told her hold up I be you I know more about the South than most of the kids in that age bracket. Then I asked her to name me 5 Scarface songs and she couldn't even name me one. I live in Cali but I'm from NYC so its crazy how people get it twisted about knowledge of music.
 09-17-2007, 03:26 PM         #193
HaterVindicator  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I dont know bout the future but all Hip Hop pre-1988 was all bubble gum bullsh*t to me. sh*t was corny yo. N.W.A revoutionized Hip Hop and made it more "real". I honestly dont see things going a step backward. However a new more positive style might emerge, but explicit Hip Hop will be round forever. As for me, I got zero kids at the moment so I have no need for more positive style.

although you can take those gay dances and put them into the positive catagory.

oh and one more thing... the second master P went on Dancing With The Stars... he was done. He was done before that but that move was the nail in the coffin.

Last edited by HaterVindicator; 09-17-2007 at 03:28 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #194
Mike T 136 heat pts136
space
space
$12,895 | Props total: 18484 18484
 comrad said:
n*gga he's in the 5th grade WTF, he's not going to know WTF Lupe, Common or Talib are talking about. I was a very smart n*gga in the 5th grade but hell a Lupe track would of had me dumbfounded, chill out a lil but. Kids need to listen to rap like that sh*t they cant understand will just turn them away. Thats just like rap rap today when n*ggas dont get what somebodies talkin about they just like fu*k it and move on. But clam down a rapper marketing towards ages 6-13 probably wont happen unless it's a 6-13 theres too many problems with a grownman and a audience full of elementary kids. When they get a lil older throw them cd's at them ppl should be exposed to all types of rap and music.

Last edited by Mike T; 09-17-2007 at 03:28 PM..
 09-17-2007, 03:27 PM         #195
King Juels  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 comrad said:

I'm saying remember the Run DMC, Big Daddy Kane, KRS, MC Shan, Rakim, Cold Chillin, Boogie Down, and Juice Crew era, there wasn't no curse words in records like that then until Ice-T & NWA came out and the kids went wild. It was something new and rebellious like Punk Rock. So if the game went back to Cold Chillin mode it would be tight for a minute, then somewhere some rapper that's just disgruntled about something will come out and make some off the wall sh*t and the kids of that generation are going to go wild again. It happened with Hip-Hop itself, then LL, then NWA/Ice-T, then EMPD, Geto Boys, Dre & Snoop, Pac, and then Eminem. It's a cycle...
 10 years ago '05        #196
comrad 
space
space
 Mike T said:
n*gga he's in the 5th grade WTF, he's not going to know WTF Lupe, Common or Talib are talking about. I was a very smart n*gga in the 5th grade but hell a Lupe track would of had me dumbfounded, chill out a lil but. Kids need to listen to rap like that sh*t they cant understand will just turn them away. Thats just like rap rap today when n*ggas dont get what somebodies talkin about they just like fu*k it and move on. But clam down a rapper marketing towards ages 6-13 probably wont happen unless it's a 6-13 theres too many problems with a grownman and a audience full of elementary kids. When they get a lil older throw them cd's at them ppl should be exposed to all types of rap and music.
don't underestimate how smart the youth is today. when i was in the 5th grade i bought the slimshady lp. it exposed me to a lot of things i had never heard of before. some of the topics went over my head, but i would later see them out in the real world and it all made sense to me. personally i could tell you i was some what raised and educated on reality by hip-hop. but don't get me wrong , there's nothing wrong with fun music like superman and ballin. there needs to be fun music. but imagine you had a kid with a taste for hiphop and all he wanted to listen to was souljah, hurricane chris, and jim jones just cause their sh*t was catchy and cool. kids are smart... music=growth and personal development, rappers that make that fun catchy sh*t are not contributing in that sense.

Last edited by comrad; 09-17-2007 at 05:25 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #197
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 comrad said:
i think the future of rap lies in the hands of rappers like master p and chamillionaire.

why?

no cursing, vulgar lyrics.just clean raps, about any type of issue

i'm talking about no cussing through out the whole album.

imagine the marketing aspects?
being able to market to a broader audience, mainly the children.
no need for parental advisory stickers
master p learned a thing or two when his a.ss was showing up on nickelodeon and you were hating on him calling him a sellout and sh*t

What kind of criticism would parents be able to give to this revitalized genre of hip-hop?

and don't give me 50 sh*tty argument cause p put him in his place on national television.

hiphop with no cursing has been around i'm sure. but name the last artist that was able to do it big like cham and p are going to do it.

similar artists are going to spring up from other regions besides the south i believe.

look at conscience artists like common, mos def, talib? they're whole concept of positive rap is more accepted now than ever before by the commercial mainstream

the game isn't going to stay in the south forever...
where do you think hiphop is headed as far as the commercial mainstream goes?
That would be wack. Hip Hop is headed back in the directon of being sub-categorized. If I wanted to buy a Fiona Apple CD I wouldn't look in the section where Aerosmith is placed. The same sh*t needs to happen to Hip Hop Music. It was that way before back in the days of Hammer and Krs-One. But in the 90s the lines got blurred. The lines need to comeback because obviously all Hip Hop music isn't the same. But the mainstream machine would have you think that it is the same.
 10 years ago '04        #198
Jussn Kredible 42 heat pts42
space
space
$3,409 | Props total: 58 58
y would anyone censor themselves? if a rappers wants to say "fu*k" say it...too many people died for freedom of speech to turn the hands of time backwards...marketed to a broader audience? name one lil kid who aint kno the 50 cent and kanye albums was comin out on sept 11th..they're on the net, they have tvs, its not like it was a secret just for adults..plus they dont even need for their parents to buy it for them anymore, just download it..there is nooooooooo reason for "curse free rap"..lol, music comes from within, if u say "sh*t" on the regular, u gon say "sh*t" when u rap..u dont write a hot bar then go, "oh, i said "sh*t", let me take that out"
 10 years ago '07        #199
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 197 197
I remember listening to Bone Thugs N Harmony, Ice Cube, Dr. Dre, No Limit, Snoop, Jay-Z, Pac, B.I.G., Cash Money, etc. before I was 10. The only lyrics that were beyond me was Bone Thugs because of the speed.
 10 years ago '05        #200
comrad 
space
space
 Jussn Kredible said:
y would anyone censor themselves? if a rappers wants to say "fu*k" say it...too many people died for freedom of speech to turn the hands of time backwards...marketed to a broader audience? name one lil kid who aint kno the 50 cent and kanye albums was comin out on sept 11th..they're on the net, they have tvs, its not like it was a secret just for adults..plus they dont even need for their parents to buy it for them anymore, just download it..there is nooooooooo reason for "curse free rap"..lol, music comes from within, if u say "sh*t" on the regular, u gon say "sh*t" when u rap..u dont write a hot bar then go, "oh, i said "sh*t", let me take that out"
what about the rappers that CHOOSE not to cuss.
i'm not trying to promote curse free hiphop and say this is the way it should be.

Bobby's World said:
That would be wack. Hip Hop is headed back in the directon of being sub-categorized. If I wanted to buy a Fiona Apple CD I wouldn't look in the section where Aerosmith is placed. The same sh*t needs to happen to Hip Hop Music. It was that way before back in the days of Hammer and Krs-One. But in the 90s the lines got blurred. The lines need to comeback because obviously all Hip Hop music isn't the same. But the mainstream machine would have you think that it is the same.
i see it as another category within hiphop. not hiphop as a whole.

all i'm saying is, it's going to make money.

i personally love cussing in my rap :)

but i'm tired of hearing mother fu*kers glorify coke.

good job, you made more off a brick of yay than you would a p of weed... now shut the fu*k up about it.

hiphop isn't dead, but it is dumb as fu*k.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
71 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
85 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
34 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
56 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
84 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
187 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
117 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy