Aug 8 - 4,000 People a week trying to leave UK

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
160 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
126 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
91 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1
5804 pageviews
164 comments

Screwhead|m 194 heat pts194
space
space
$14,976 | Props total: 278 278
Aug 8 - 4,000 People a week trying to leave UK

The country’s biggest foreign visa consultancy firm has revealed that applications have soared in the last seven months by 80 per cent to almost 4,000 a week. Ten years ago the figure was just 300 a week.

Most people are relocating within the Commonwealth – in Australia, Canada and South Africa. They are almost all young professionals and skilled workers aged 20-40.

And many cite their reason for wanting to quit as immigration to these shores – and the burden it is placing on their communities and local authorities. The dearth of good schools, spiralling house prices, rising crime and tax increases are also driving people away.

Obtaining a visa to live abroad can cost as little as £1,500 for the right candidates. Plumbers, electricians, construction workers and doctors are famously in demand. The only obstruction to emigration from the UK is a criminal record, poor health, advancing age and being a “third country national”.

Liam Clifford, a former immigration control officer, set up globalvisas.com as a one-man band 12 years ago. He now employs 60 people and is in the process of opening new offices in both South Africa and Australia. Mr Clifford said: “It’s absolutely phenomenal. People are trying to get away to wherever they can, and most are successful.

“Ironically, one of the main reasons for leaving is the overstretch of services due to increasing immigration into the UK. People are looking for the better standard of living offered by other countries, as even the most idyllic villages in Britain are under pressure from rising populations.

Skilled labour is obviously an advantage, but so is speaking the English language. Most countries are harder to get into if you don’t speak English. UK plc simply isn’t f!ghting hard enough to keep its people. Some are telling us they are fed up with living in this country. Even business people are saying they’ve had enough.

“They’re saying ‘I can’t put my children into the right school, but if I move abroad I can’. Most people are very patriotic and don’t want to leave. They’re almost terrified about it. But they say they just have to.

“It’s a shame people at the top don’t recognise they’re not doing enough to retain highly skilled workers in this country. A lot of them are quite young, and they’re not idle. They just can’t see a future for themselves in this country. They want to get married and settle down and buy homes, but they can’t see it happening here.

“And time and time again they are saying to us they don’t want to be seen as racist because they are quitting because of immigration. We tell them of course they’re not.”

According to the most recent Office of National Statistics figures, in 2005 the official number of people leaving UK shores was 352,000 – up from 249,000 in 1995. The majority – around 150,000 – migrated from London and the south east.

Among those who headed out were Simon Blood, 26, and Rachel Roberts, 23, who moved to Australia four months ago. The couple, from Stoke-on-Trent, are loving their new life in far north Queensland so much that they’ve decided it’s permanent.

Apart from family, football and a few television programmes, there’s nothing they miss about home. Embracing the warmest winter they’ve ever known – averaging 24C daily – both relish the commute to work which takes just five minutes, leaving plenty of time for walks on the beach.

Simon, a marketing executive, and Rachel, a nurse, followed their dream after seeing a newspaper advertisement for nursing recruits Down Under.

“It all went very smoothly,” said Simon. “It’s beautiful here and we’ve no plans to go back for good.”

[pic - click to view]

http://www.express.co.uk/ .. ng-to-leave-UK

164 comments for "Aug 8 - 4,000 People a week trying to leave UK"

08-08-2007, 03:55 PM         #2
SignalSoldier 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
4 hours have passed and not one American has been on here making negative comments about the UK. If this was a reversal and the article was about America the hate America fanboys would have been here in force. Just wanted to point that out.
 08-08-2007, 08:29 PM         #3
play107 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yer to many of u pommy fu*kwits coming to Aus cause u know your country straight fu*king sucks balls and your music (if thats what YOU call it) is awful to the ears, your leave your sh*thole of a country so u can claim not to be from there cause u knwo the rest of the world thinks your fu*kwits!!! :) , peace
 08-08-2007, 08:38 PM         #4
goodbiz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[COLOR="Red"]usa..usa .usa... all of you shut the hell up USA is running this bi*ch. you guys come to america and do some real sh*t.[/COLOR]

if your american and read this prop me...USA :applause:

n*ggas can get mad but it is what it is.

Last edited by goodbiz; 08-08-2007 at 08:39 PM..
 08-08-2007, 08:39 PM         #5
SwllwtheShards 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SignalSoldier said:
4 hours have passed and not one American has been on here making negative comments about the UK. If this was a reversal and the article was about America the hate America fanboys would have been here in force. Just wanted to point that out.
see i think the reason behind this is the fact that the global media pretty much talks sh*t about the US, and points out every flaw about the US....while here in America, our media is too busy with stupid celebrity bullsh*t. even channels like CNN that should be the only safe harbor from that bullsh*t is full of that.....so we dont really get international news...but there it is my british friends.....ur country aint that great huh?
 10 years ago '04        #6
mr_underground|m 1964 heat pts1964
space
space
$22,737 | Props total: 28384 28384
well in japan, 90% people leave....few people come....because young japanese don't like the racism and seclusion of that place and wanna be with other humans outside of only japanese ones. and in america we are the only county who's people give up citizenship like its nothing. americans make a full switch. so its not just the UK.....i only can speak for US and Japan because those are the places i stay.

Last edited by mr_underground; 08-08-2007 at 09:46 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #7
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
Even the brits dont want to be around brits.
 10 years ago '06        #8
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
Man Brits are funny as hell. The way they talk just makes me laugh. They think we sound like imbred fu*ks n sh*t. Even when they come here they still talk sh*t. I dont understand. I dont go there and say you all sound like stuck up a**holes. Totally off topic but just thought Id throw it in.
 10 years ago '04        #9
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 play107 said:
yer to many of u pommy fu*kwits coming to Aus cause u know your country straight fu*king sucks balls and your music (if thats what YOU call it) is awful to the ears, your leave your sh*thole of a country so u can claim not to be from there cause u knwo the rest of the world thinks your fu*kwits!!! :) , peace
lol @ this f*g.
What the fu*k is a pommy fu*kwit?

Austrailian music is garbage and you're a fu*king idiot.
 10 years ago '04        #10
SHOWTIME 
space
space
$4,273 | Props total: 10 10
lol @ all the people who act like the UK is superior to other places

looks like they have there fair share of problems.....
 08-08-2007, 11:17 PM         #11
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
As far as I'm concerned, anyone we ally with that closely is probably USA Light anyway so this doesn't surprise me.

I'm not going to bash the UK, I'm not going to get mad at anyone bashing the US.

When it all boils down to it, when the sh*t hits the fan for us it's going to spray all over the UK as well.

Going to France or Spain...who wants to come with? :applause:
 10 years ago '07        #12
Chevyman 
space
space
space
$573 | Props total: 0 0
i think lol that we will be spreaking british soon
 08-09-2007, 12:30 AM         #13
UpTownClips 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iThink said:
As far as I'm concerned, anyone we ally with that closely is probably USA Light anyway so this doesn't surprise me.

I'm not going to bash the UK, I'm not going to get mad at anyone bashing the US.

When it all boils down to it, when the sh*t hits the fan for us it's going to spray all over the UK as well.

Going to France or Spain...who wants to come with? :applause:

fu*k that im packin my bags and dippin to Etheopia..holla at ya fu*kin boy
 08-09-2007, 01:26 AM         #14
$$$$$ MAN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50,000 a month leavin iraq
 08-09-2007, 03:31 AM         #15
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
LOL at all the hate in this thread. Especially from that Aussie ex-convict fu*k wit. Shouldn't you be out dragging shackles and hunting crocodiles, Brit-slave?

Australian music better than British music, never heard such garbage in my life. Kyle Minogue doesn't count as music you dosile twat.

As for the Americans banging on. No Brits are leaving for America so you lot need to shut up.

And the number of cowboys leaving America would be much higher if you weren't all closed minded, ignorants who don't leave your own states, let alone your own country.

Did you guys even read the article? This means British people win. Because we have the sense to get out of our ever-increasing police state.
 08-09-2007, 03:33 AM         #16
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chevyman said:
i think lol that we will be spreaking british soon
I wish you'd start speaking English nevermind British, because you're making no sense as it is
 08-09-2007, 03:34 AM         #17
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sammyboi22 said:
Man Brits are funny as hell. The way they talk just makes me laugh. They think we sound like imbred fu*ks n sh*t. Even when they come here they still talk sh*t. I dont understand. I dont go there and say you all sound like stuck up a**holes. Totally off topic but just thought Id throw it in.
What's wrong with the ways Brits speak. Atleast guys out here know how to speak through their mouth as apposed to their noses
 08-09-2007, 03:37 AM         #18
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SignalSoldier said:
Oh what's that, another ignorant and stupid reply from some clueless cowboy.
 10 years ago '06        #19
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,978 | Props total: 3997 3997
 goodbiz said:
[COLOR="Red"]usa..usa .usa... all of you shut the hell up USA is running this bi*ch. you guys come to america and do some real sh*t.[/COLOR]

if your american and read this prop me...USA :applause:

n*ggas can get mad but it is what it is.

*bumps Hulk Hogan's entrance theme "Real American"*

10 years ago '05        #20
oneosi 
space
space
$1,079 | Props total: 0 0
at Rancid taking hem time to reply to EVERYONE in the thread one by one.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
21 comments
1 day ago