fu*k the bullsh*t....NFL bout to start....THIS is a FULLOUT debate thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
138 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
71 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #61
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
$11,499 | Props total: 155 155
 RakimAllahNY said:
I like what the Broncos did but people are overrating them right now. There not even close to as good as the Chargers.. Yeah there secondary is lock down but does that really matter when you got LT? And Never mind what Gates did to them anyway. Broncos could be pretty good but I think people are getting a head of themselves.
Who is overrating them, the only people hype about the broncos are the Denver fans, honestly how many times have you seen threads on them on boxden this off season not very much, and how many times have ESPN and NFL Network even really mentioned them not very much.

the real over hyped teams are San Diego and New England, yeah we all know New England is going to be good but their secondary is suspect outside of a.ss Auntie, who knows if Randy Moss will work out and become the player he was in minny, all you hear on ESPN is Tom Brady this Tom Brady that, I hope that the broncos play the patriots in the playoffs again because Tom Brady can't beat the broncos. Now San Diego just re-vamped their whole coaching staff and hired a coach whos known to fu*k up head coaching jobs, but lets discount that and look at the chargers, on offense they have LT and Gates, really than after that you have a decent QB but over hyped Philip Rivers, the WR core doesn't scare anyone. The Chargers D is massively overrated, they have a monster front 7 but behind them they have a really bad secondary, the CBs are nothing special and the safeties are nothing to cheer about either.

Why am I bringing up secondaries? well usually thats what gets exposed in the playoffs and in games against tough opponents.....you can have one or two flaws in your secondary or something minor and it will get exposed....especially if you play the colts or a team that can pick apart your D.

((examples :::: broncos vs patriots last year, colts vs broncos last year, bad day for our whole secondary even tho we almost won our offense wasnt that special that day either......patriots vs colts playoffs last year brady forced a throw and turned it over.))

You can counter this with "Our team doesn't need a good secondary we have a offense that can put up tons of points in a shootout scenario"

while that may be true but a shootout has its negatives you may be able to constantly score points but it puts you at risk of more turnovers, especially against a good defensive team. So what happens if you get into a shootout with a good offense team that has a top 5 defense well than you lose pretty much.
 10 years ago '06        #62
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
$22,362 | Props total: 1784 1784
 Plizaya J said:
Ya preseason means soooo much. Just look at Saints vs Dallas (preseason), and Saints vs Dallas (reg season).

I rest my case.

WHO said i was talking bout preseason??

i was referring to last year smartass
 10 years ago '06        #63
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
 lakersboy03 said:
n*gga fu*k what you talking bout these dumbass steelers....they tryna air it out more = less rushing yards for Willie Mo
u fail to realize that willie will be pounded with the lead more this year. like i said steelers will improve 3 or 4 wins...this means they will be running a LOT more in 2nd halfs. this past year willie piled up all those yrds WITHOUT a passing game. u know how hard that is to do? and now they're gonna have the lead a LOT more than last year when they were always playing catchup....which = more rushing yrds for fast willie parker.

hes gonna beast, only way hes not is if this injury hes got nags him and he misses time.

AND LOL at the thought the steelers are actually gonna be some crazy a.ss passing team

pleeeeez. the fans would disown them lol
 08-08-2007, 05:11 PM         #64
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People in this thread saying that Denver is going to over take the two loss Chargers. And our secondary is so bad we mad it to the title game and almost won the game? But add a healthy Randall Gay, Rodney Harrison and Eugene Wilson.. I can't speak on Merriweather NFL career yet, but never has a player fit so perfectly.

And we have the best defensive coach and the best front 7 in the NFL your acting like we don't have a great defense. Our offense is finally up to our defense.

DE - Seymour
DT - Wilfork
DE - Warren
LB - Bruschi
LB - Vrabel
LB - Thomas
LB - Seau
CB - Samuels
CB - Chad Scott/Randall Gay
FS - Wilson
SS - Harrison

Aint much better defenses in the NFL. Never mind we have a defensive genius as a coach.
 10 years ago '06        #65
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
 lakersboy03 said:
niners won 7 games last year without a defense....the offensive weapons were limited and we were running a partial 3-4/4-3....the player were all still two years and under and we still had players from the 4-3 defense on our starting roster.....fu*k the bullsh*t the niners are a 4-6 game increasing team this year....steelers will be nice but theres no way they improve that much especially if they talking bout airing it out more

colts have no defense left...the bears will have no chemistry and that bullsh*t Hester was doing last year will slow down and they wont be able to ride that all year....Grossman will make this a losing team

the browns will be on the come up....their line and running game got better with the Jamal Lewis addition and Bentley coming back....they got healthy Edwards/Winslow....defense is already decent.....they will sneak on a lot of teams....

Cowboys/Pats aint a bad pick....but I like mine better

like i said i'd take out the house mortgage on the Browns coming last in that division. they can improve all they want...they still will be last.

i think the 9ers will be a great team down the road...i think point blank alex smith isnt ready to lead this team to anything other than mediocrity. lol @ them winning 11-13 games :wow:....i know u a 9er fan but comeon now, lets keep this an adult discussion shall we?

colts dont need a defense in that division. with harrison, wayne, addai and peyton....they wont magically stop beasting on defenses. as much as i hate them...theres no way they wont come first in that division.

bears ur forgetting defense wins championships...as bad as their offense is...and its brutal...their special teams and defense scores a lotta points and is pretty much invincable at home.
 10 years ago '06        #66
SHootar 48 heat pts48
space
space
and rakim speaks the truth on the broncos. lol @ ppl thinking they gonna somehow take over san diego. u ppl seeeerious?? cutlers not even close to being ready. their defense is VERY overated too. not the same defense it once was.

chargers have it all...amazing defense...and an offense that can put up a ton of points. WHY ppl keep sleeping on rivers is beyond me. this man has potential to be a top 5 qb THIS year. fu*k parker being hurt...like dude was anywehre close to being the focal point of their offense
 08-08-2007, 05:21 PM         #67
Tagalog 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
NFC Panthers foo sure
 10 years ago '04        #68
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
 RakimAllahNY said:
People in this thread saying that Denver is going to over take the two loss Chargers. And our secondary is so bad we mad it to the title game and almost won the game? But add a healthy Randall Gay, Rodney Harrison and Eugene Wilson.. I can't speak on Merriweather NFL career yet, but never has a player fit so perfectly.

And we have the best defensive coach and the best front 7 in the NFL your acting like we don't have a great defense. Our offense is finally up to our defense.

DE - Seymour
DT - Wilfork
DE - Warren
LB - Bruschi
LB - Vrabel
LB - Thomas
LB - Seau
CB - Samuels
CB - Chad Scott/Randall Gay
FS - Wilson
SS - Harrison

Aint much better defenses in the NFL. Never mind we have a defensive genius as a coach.
I don't see how people picking the broncos over the chargers is overrating them considering they are a team that basically relies on 1 player, without LT they are nothing, they are not a complete team....and their head coach is bad.

anyway best front 7 in football = / I would not say that, ill give you your d-line tho they are pretty good.

those corners you listed besides Samuels...... bad no wait actually pretty terrible.

besides the beast Adalius Thomas.....Seau is old, Bruschi is old, Vrabel is old, don't get me wrong they can still play but they are old even more durable and you can't expect the world out of old players.

Safety wise I like Merriweather, but you never know and Eugene Wilson is a.ss, Rodney Harrison fell the fu*k off he is old and can't stay healthy anymore.
 08-08-2007, 05:44 PM         #69
HenryTheMenace 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Twelveinchez said:
Vernon Davis goin b a beast this year (hopefully he doesnt get hurt). it's gonna be tuff to takeover the division from Seattle tho.

Giants gonna win NFC East (especially if Eli plays the second half of the season as well as the first half) and Brandon Jacobs gonna be beastin the East this year. we got a much easier schedule than have in previous years but these 'easy' teams seem to be getting better, so we'll see.

my picks by division:

NFC:

East: Giants
North: Bears easily
South: imma have 2 say carolina cuz David Carr is gonna thrive with Steve smith (they jus gotta get their run game together)
West: tossup between 49ers & Seahawks... Seahawks are gonna be tough to beat if they're healthy

AFC:

East: Pats
North: Bmore
South: Colts
West: Broncos cuz i think chargers gonna have a hard time adjusting i could be wrong tho

Did this n*gga just say the Giants are winning the NFC East???????? Hahaha that was the funniest thing i heard all day. I can understand if u said my Eagles or even The Cowboys but the Giants???? Lol wowzerz
 08-08-2007, 05:45 PM         #70
kr0nikk_F8L 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 eLLz said:
im lost on how yall n*ggas saying that the Bears will "still be the best defense"

the Ravens defense was better then yall last year
because chicago lost 2 pro bowlers during the season...

chicago was allowing about 10 ppg before tommie harris and mike brown went down...

and the ravens lost adalius thomas, when healthy, chicago has the best defense in the nfl, not just the nfc
 10 years ago '04        #71
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
 SHootar said:
and rakim speaks the truth on the broncos. lol @ ppl thinking they gonna somehow take over san diego. u ppl seeeerious?? cutlers not even close to being ready. their defense is VERY overated too. not the same defense it once was.

chargers have it all...amazing defense...and an offense that can put up a ton of points. WHY ppl keep sleeping on rivers is beyond me. this man has potential to be a top 5 qb THIS year. fu*k parker being hurt...like dude was anywehre close to being the focal point of their offense
Shootar you can't be serious. Chargers don't have an amazing defense they have a good front 7 and thats it, Philip Rivers is not slept on hes playing on a team that has LT hard to fu*k that up. Give me a break with the chargers.

The defense is not what it once was? Its twice as good even with the loss of Al Wilson he missed the most tackles of our old defense anyway he was a beast but he was falling apart after injuries.

Our old defensive coach sucked a.ss, Larry Coyer was the worse he was way too inconsistent with his schemes and he did not let DJ Williams lose at all, he made the DEs drop back in coverage way to much. Blitz at the wrong times, couldn't develop a d-line.

Now we have a proven defensive coach in Jim Bates, who turned Jason Taylor into a beast, he turned Zach Thomas into a beast, he notched a career high in tackles when he coached Nick Barnett. His front 7s are always disruptive, and you add the corner talent we have its sick, DJ Williams could lead the league in tackles and have a high sack total under bates.

projected starting lineup

DT - Sam Adams, Marcus Thomas
DT - Gerrard Warren, Jimmy Kennedy
DE - Elvis Dumervil, Tim Crowder, Kenard Lang
DE - Ebenezer Ekuban, Jarvis Moss, John Engelberger
WLB - Ian Gold, DD Lewis
MLB - DJ Williams, Lewis Green
SLB - Nate Webster, Warrick Holdman
CB - Champ Bailey, Karl Paymah
CB - Dre Bly, Dominique Foxworth
FS - John Lynch, Hazma Abdullah
SS - Nick Ferguson Curome Cox

We have a better D-line + depth, Better corners + depth, better depth at safety and better depth at LB.

The nickel and dime package passing downs is going to be a sick pass rush with Dumervil and Moss at the ends and Thomas and Ekuban in the middle

and the offense well we all know the offense is better.........

Last edited by K1; 08-08-2007 at 05:59 PM..
 08-08-2007, 06:07 PM         #72
Steveo54 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hester > every other returner in the nfl...possibly ever, time will tell

the bears are still the best team in the NFC...granted grossman throws more TDS than INTS.

the pats are ridiculous tho, i think they got the colts this year, seeing as they shoulda last year.

i agree the 49ers are gonna be raw, i think they take the division, all depends on alexander on the seahawks..

fu*k the cowboys, romo falls off this year
 10 years ago '05        #73
seven 
space
space
space
$271 | Props total: 3 3
 kr0nikk_F8L said:
because chicago lost 2 pro bowlers during the season...

chicago was allowing about 10 ppg before tommie harris and mike brown went down...

and the ravens lost adalius thomas, when healthy, chicago has the best defense in the nfl, not just the nfc
LET THESE PEOPLE KNOW PLEASE!!!!!!!
 08-08-2007, 06:18 PM         #74
JCWhy83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
MY PICKS:
AFC EAST: Patriots
AFC NORTH: Bengals
AFC SOUTH: Colts
AFC West: Broncos
Wild Cards: Chargers, Ravens

Teams that i wanted to put in but aint room for: Steelers, Jaguars

NFC EAST: Eagles
NFC NORTH: Bears
NFC SOUTH: Saints
NFC WEST: Rams
Wild Cards: Panthers, Cowboys

Teams I Wanted to put in but aint room for: Cardinals, 49ers

PLAYOFFS:
Patriots vs Broncos AFC Championship
Bears vs Eagles NFC Championship
Patriots vs Bears Superbowl
Bears Champions
 10 years ago '04        #75
K1 68 heat pts68
space
space
space
^Tom Brady has never beat the broncos before and hes terrified of Champ Bailey, didn't even look his way in last years game so id change that to Broncos vs Bears
 08-08-2007, 07:48 PM         #76
adizzle69696969 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JCWhy83 said:
MY PICKS:
AFC EAST: Patriots
AFC NORTH: Bengals
AFC SOUTH: Colts
AFC West: Broncos
Wild Cards: Chargers, Ravens

Teams that i wanted to put in but aint room for: Steelers, Jaguars

NFC EAST: Eagles
NFC NORTH: Bears
NFC SOUTH: Saints
NFC WEST: Rams
Wild Cards: Panthers, Cowboys

Teams I Wanted to put in but aint room for: Cardinals, 49ers

PLAYOFFS:
Patriots vs Broncos AFC Championship
Bears vs Eagles NFC Championship
Patriots vs Bears Superbowl
Bears Champions
HAHAHAHA u think the seahawks r finishing last in their division? keep dreaming.......
 10 years ago '05        #77
lakersboy03 6 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$7,927 | Props total: 646 646
 adizzle69696969 said:
HAHAHAHA u think the seahawks r finishing last in their division? keep dreaming.......
Shaun = sh*t w/o hutch.....they have a bunch of #2 recievers...defense is weak....49ers,cards,rams>>>>>>>>>.seahawks
 08-08-2007, 07:56 PM         #78
adizzle69696969 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lakersboy03 said:
Shaun = sh*t w/o hutch.....they have a bunch of #2 recievers...defense is weak....49ers,cards,rams>>>>>>>>>.seahawks
OK ur wrong on every point u just made...Shaun is sh*t with an injury...he'll be back this year. Branch is a legit #1 and hackett is comin up. The defense is gonna be so damn good this year cuz our secondary is finally improved. Seahawks will get 1st in the division and win the NFC championship.
 08-08-2007, 08:01 PM         #79
Hurricane Ra 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't see how people picking the broncos over the chargers is overrating them considering they are a team that basically relies on 1 player, without LT they are nothing, they are not a complete team....and their head coach is bad.

Gates and Rivers are pro bowl type players. People need to understand the Chargers even a one man show were 14-2. So obviously that one man show (which it isn't but whatever) worked for 14 wins. Why not it this year

anyway best front 7 in football = / I would not say that, ill give you your d-line tho they are pretty good.

Our D-Line is more then pretty good, consider we run a 3-4 there all tough to handle and they should all at least get some pro bowl consideration this year.

those corners you listed besides Samuels...... bad no wait actually pretty terrible.
We won a super bowl with Randall Gay as a starting corner. We won super bowls with a lot worst at CB.
besides the beast Adalius Thomas.....Seau is old, Bruschi is old, Vrabel is old, don't get me wrong they can still play but they are old even more durable and you can't expect the world out of old players.
Vrabel and Thomas have shown no signs of slowing down and Seau is older but hes still very effective. Outside of the stroke Bruschi has been very durable and a great great LB.

Safety wise I like Merriweather, but you never know and Eugene Wilson is a.ss, Rodney Harrison fell the fu*k off he is old and can't stay healthy anymore.

Wilson was hurt last year but before that he was a stud on our super bowl teams. Harrison is yes old but with our Safety depth he can rest or if injured fully heal and come back 100% healthy with no rush. Rodney has been hurt but he surely hasn't fallen off skill wise, when hes in hes a monster. And like I said finally our offense has caught up to the defense so when our defense is slacking we can outscore teams for once.
 10 years ago '05        #80
lakersboy03 6 heat pts OP
space
space
space
$7,927 | Props total: 646 646
 adizzle69696969 said:
OK ur wrong on every point u just made...Shaun is sh*t with an injury...he'll be back this year. Branch is a legit #1 and hackett is comin up. The defense is gonna be so damn good this year cuz our secondary is finally improved. Seahawks will get 1st in the division and win the NFC championship.
How did your secondary improve...only positive I see is the Kerney signing....JP played out is brain last year....Tatupu is MADDDDDDD overrated cause his rookie year, Branch is a #2 on most teams he just was made to look like a number one cause of Brady....he def. wasnt the #1 last year...and Hackett will be good but he's a slot receiver....Burleson is a #2....and Shaun will be exposed for sure this year...wasnt just a Madden curse...he had the best left side in the world before and now that half of it is gone he will be half the player he was...sh*t Maurice Morris was bucking the same as Shaun was
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
184 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
75 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
51 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
62 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
20 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy