Official West Virginia Mountaineers thread

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
90 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
10 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #141
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
$8,675 | Props total: 7 7
I see where Blair Irvin might de commit and go to WVU over 1 fu*kin college algebra class... I was kinda depending on him to step in and take over the other CB spot opposite Powers... i think its pretty much a done deal... huge pick up if yall do get him

signed with the TB Devil Rays outta HS after commiting to LSU...quit baseball when his contract up and went the Juco route and now will have 2 years of eligibility

college algebra is the easieast math u can take dumb a.ss n*gga
 10 years ago '05        #142
booker20  OP
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
Pryor has WVU and Oregon in his top too... he wants to run the spread WVU runs because its more similar to his high school and OSU doesnt run it the same way...
 12-15-2007, 03:00 PM         #143
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nice....

just saw a rich rod interview, he actin real shifty....the vibe im gettin is he will be at michigan next year
 10 years ago '05        #144
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
$4,926 | Props total: 26 26
 booker20 said:
Pryor has WVU and Oregon in his top too... he wants to run the spread WVU runs because its more similar to his high school and OSU doesnt run it the same way...
Those are NOT his top two.

BTW, Rich Rod (as of now) is WVU unless something new happens.
 10 years ago '04        #145
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
if richrod did leave who would WV get?
 10 years ago '05        #146
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 UknowWhatItIs said:
if richrod did leave who would WV get?
Terry Bowden was a popular name thrown around...as was Jimbo Fisher.

He isn't leaving though so it's moot.
 10 years ago '04        #147
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
 Y2Luda said:
Terry Bowden was a popular name thrown around...as was Jimbo Fisher.

He isn't leaving though so it's moot.
yea I heard T Bowdens name

... great with the X's and O's but a terrible recruiter.. he also quit on his team after starting 1-5 ... u can argue that he was forced but
 12-16-2007, 01:33 PM         #148
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea the big name thrown around here is bowden....and yes rich rod DID leave us...fu*k him
 10 years ago '05        #149
Y2Luda 5 heat pts
space
space
 AlCapone said:
yea the big name thrown around here is bowden....and yes rich rod DID leave us...fu*k him
Yes, he changed his mind. Sucks for WVU fans.
 12-16-2007, 02:13 PM         #150
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he was gettin too big headed...we still got pat comin back, most likely slaton comin back....devine (hopefully stays) we still gona have a nice squad
 12-16-2007, 07:02 PM         #151
Realiez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can You Believe Rich That f*g a.ss Mother fu*ker fu*k Him...

Heres His Story For You Guys Enjoy

ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Michigan has hired West Virginia's Rich Rodriguez as its next football coach following a search that featured two other top prospects deciding to stay put.

Rodriguez, whose Mountaineers (No. 9 BCS, No. 11 AP) are preparing for their second BCS game in three seasons, will take over Michigan's program from Lloyd Carr, Michigan athletic department spokesman Bruce Madej said Sunday.

"I am thrilled to have Rich Rodriguez as Michigan's new coach," athletic director Bill Martin wrote in an e-mail to The a.ssociated Press on Sunday. "Rich brings an exciting brand of football to Michigan Stadium. We welcome the entire Rodriguez family to Ann Arbor."

Former West Virginia coach Don Nehlen, who coached Rodriguez when he played for the Mountaineers and was on Bo Schembechler's staff at Michigan, endorsed the move.

"I felt it was a great opportunity for Rich," Nehlen told the AP in a telephone interview from Morgantown, W.Va. "There are not many Michigans around."

Rodriguez, who informed his players at a 1:30 p.m. ET meeting Sunday that he was leaving for Michigan, will formally be introduced by the Wolverines at a news conference on Monday morning at the Junge Family Champions Center on campus.

Rodriguez was extremely emotional in the meeting with his West Virginia players that lasted less than 10 minutes Sunday, a person at the meeting told ESPN. He had difficulty telling his team, "Others have contacted me but this one I had to listen."

A source close to Rodriguez told ESPN that the Michigan deal will average in the range of $2.5 million per year, which would be more than a half-million per year raise from his West Virginia salary.

Rodriguez

"The players are upset because he said he's going to leave before the bowl game," James Dykes, the father of West Virginia defensive tackle Keilen Dykes told ESPN's Joe Schad. "At least coach them in the bowl game. James just called to tell us and I know he is very upset about this."

Assistant head coach Bill Stewart and a.ssistant head coach Calvin Magee ran West Virginia's one-hour practice on Sunday. Rodriguez was not present. "We tried to be excited," Keilen Dykes said. "We're all hurting right now, but we can't cry."

Michigan's reputation seemed to take a hit during constant coverage of its first coaching search since hiring Schembechler nearly four decades ago. The school had permission to talk to LSU coach Les Miles, who played for Schembechler and also was an a.ssistant under him, but couldn't bring him back to Ann Arbor. It also talked with Greg Schiano, who decided to stay at Rutgers.

The 44-year-old Rodriguez seems to be much more than a consolation prize.

He built West Virginia (10-2) into a Big East power, winning the conference championship this year for the fourth time in five seasons and going 60-26 overall.

"I'm pretty sure the next guy will do a good job but Coach Rod was West Virginia," Running back Steve Slaton said. "It's a business. He has to think of his family first. He'll have emotions. But I can't be mad at him because he gave me a chance."

Carr plans to coach the Wolverines in the Capital One Bowl on Jan. 1 against No. 9 Florida.

Rodriguez's West Virginia contract, which ran through the 2013 season, had a $4 million buyout clause if he left before next September. After several days last year, Rodriguez turned down Alabama's reported six-year, $12 million offer after the Mountaineers gave him a one-year contract extension.

When Michigan lured basketball coach John Beilein away from West Virginia last April, Beilein's contract had a $2.5 million buyout clause. Under an agreement with West Virginia, he paid $1.5 million to the WVU Foundation.

Madej said he did not know how the school and Rodriguez would handle his buyout.

"Honestly I don't know why he chose Michigan instead of Alabama," Slaton said. " I'm still going to go through the decision [with the NFL draft]. I have to make a big decision for me.

"Learning another system and having another coach would be hard. But I'm not sure yet."

Freshman Ryan Mallett gained experience this year with the Wolverines, filling in for banged-up Chad Henne, and his father said people shouldn't a.ssume his son is transferring because he might not fit into Rodriguez's offense that features a mobile quarterback.

"I talked to Ryan today and he's going to keep an open mind and is looking forward to hearing what coach Rodriguez's plans are," Jim Mallett told the AP. "So, we'll just have to wait and see."

Mallett's decision might be easier if Terrelle Pryor decides to commit to Rodriguez and the Wolverines.

The star QB from Jeannette, Pa., said he informed Rodriguez that Michigan became one of the five schools he was considering when the coach told him he was going to lead the Wolverines.

"We talked at 10 a.m. this morning and I told him Michigan just got on my list," Pryor told the AP on Sunday night.

After watching Pryor play on tape, Nehlen said he reminds him of Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young.

"If that kid comes, he's probably more important than Rich," Nehlen joked.

Rodriguez met with Martin on Friday to talk about the Wolverines' coaching job.

Rodriguez, 44, was back in Morgantown on Friday after taking a flight from Ohio, and he was unwilling to talk about any possible interest in the Michigan job.

"Going to practice. I'm going to practice," he told The a.ssociated Press on Friday, getting into his car after a trip to Toledo.

Rodriguez again refused to discuss Michigan's vacant coaching job on Saturday.

At the opening of a previously scheduled news conference about West Virginia's trip to the Fiesta Bowl, Rodriguez said he would only talk about the game against Oklahoma (No. 4 BCS, No. 3 AP).

"It may be disappointing to you, but I am not going to talk about any rumors or innuendo or jobs or what else is floating out there," Rodriguez said.

"I'm not going to address the rumors or anything of that nature," Rodriguez said. "If any questions are asked about that, the press conference will be over."

The questions about Michigan persisted, and Rodriguez fired back.

"You all have not understood what I just said. One more question and this conference, unfortunately, and you all have been super, but if the questions persist outside of that then this thing will be over," he said.

A reporter then asked whether Rodriguez would coach the team in the Fiesta Bowl.

"You're a tricky guy," Rodriguez said.

Some players indicated Rodriguez hadn't spoken to them about Michigan and that they were under orders to keep quiet.

"I'm not supposed to talk about that. I'm sorry," offensive lineman Ryan Stanchek said Saturday.

West Virginia athletic director Ed Pastilong spoke with Rodriguez on Saturday.

"We talked about general issues within the football program," Pastilong told The Charleston Gazette, declining to be more specific.
 12-16-2007, 08:23 PM         #152
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
we didnt need to deal with this every year....good riddance
 12-17-2007, 05:01 PM         #153
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Terry Bowden: WVU Is His Dream Job

One of the first names to surface for the soon-to-be vacant WVU football coaching position is Terry Bowden. And the WVU grad and former coach is quick to express his interest in the job.
When contacted today Bowden said, “I made a full commitment to get back into coaching almost two years ago, and West Virginia obviously would be the dream job for me.”

Beyond that, Bowden would not comment, but Bowden’s interest in the WVU position is well known.

In an appearance on Metronews Talkline recently Bowden predicted he would be back into college coaching in a matter of weeks.

Bowden has strong ties to WVU. He played at West Virginia as a reserve running back from 1977-78 while his father, Bobby, coached there.

In 1983, at age 26, Bowden took his first head coaching job at Salem College. Later, he coached at Samford and eventually took over at Auburn.

He coached Auburn from 1993 until 1998, leading the Tigers to a mark of 47-16-1 and three post-season appearances.

After Auburn, he moved into the role of college football analyst on television and radio
 10 years ago '04        #154
LightsOut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,609 | Props total: 1 1
i think we are gettin doc holliday from UF and rick trickett is coming back to be the OC

atleast we will still get good recruiting classes
 12-20-2007, 12:30 PM         #155
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea id be fine with that
 10 years ago '04        #156
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
Saw where Diddy Bowden called the W Va Gov giving terry a vote of confidence
 12-21-2007, 05:04 PM         #157
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yea plantin some seeds
 12-21-2007, 05:05 PM         #158
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
good news: devine & white are staying

also, sounds like manchin & nehlen's visit really boosted their confidence
 10 years ago '04        #159
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
I saw where Terry should be announced the HC soon???

true capone???
 10 years ago '04        #160
UknowWhatItIs 
space
space
from scout.com

WVU Game on the Move

Auburn is scheduled to travel to Morgantown, WV next season. No doubt the Tigers will play the Mounaineers on their home turf. Only question is: When will it be?

The game is currently set for Sept. 6, which would be the third week of the season for Auburn. However, if details can be worked out, Tuberville said the chances of the game being moved later in the season are "Good. Very good."

The new proposed date would be a Thursday night and the game would televised by ESPN.

"We have agreed to play them on a Thursday night in midseason on the road if ESPN can work out the schedule, move other people around a little bit," said Tuberville. "We were willing to do that. It could give us an open date in the middle of the season plus a Thursday night game in the middle of the season, give us two Saturdays off plus we have a Saturday off after the Georgia game.

"That's not been done. That's just in the works."

:applause: AU @ WVU on a Thursday night.. mid season... could be a game with national title implications... interested in seeing where they fit it in the schedule... thats big for us not having to come to Morgantown the 3rd week of the season with a 1st year starter... good news for AU if it goes down
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
138 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
204 comments
1 day ago