Do I Really Need a Catalytic Converter?

most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside Game & Meek End Their Beef As Game Shows Support For Meeks New Puma Sn..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Pepe the Frog Meme Has Been Declared a Hate Symbol
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 NBA Has Gordon Hayward been on that offseason HGH cycle? (pic)
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL This Guy Is Becoming The Realest Athlete In The Last 20yrs{Abdul-Rauf}
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-07-2007, 08:50 AM         #1
20369 pageviews
20 comments

PHANTOM TWIN 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Do I Really Need a Catalytic Converter?

My cat converter on my impala is clogged up and I'm thinking about just having it cut out without putting another one in but I don't know if it will affect my car's performance.

20 comments for "Do I Really Need a Catalytic Converter?"

9 years ago '05        #2
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
$5,224 | Props total: 7 7
 PHANTOM TWIN said:
My cat converter on my impala is clogged up and I'm thinking about just having it cut out without putting another one in but I don't know if it will affect my car's performance.
Do you need to pass stated emissions in your state? I know most States does require you to pass this. Would you be driving this car everyday? They do sell cataltic convertors that you can pull a flap and that would give you str8 threw cat. I hope this helps
 9 years ago '04        #3
deziking 58 heat pts58
space
space
$17,291 | Props total: 1148 1148
If its clogged and you low on money get an aftermarket one, if u want to cut it out then you'll fail the emissions. Then you can go OE which will be too much. It all depends on how much money u want to spend.
 08-07-2007, 05:40 PM         #4
YGMILLZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jaiden05 said:
Do you need to pass stated emissions in your state? I know most States does require you to pass this. Would you be driving this car everyday? They do sell cataltic convertors that you can pull a flap and that would give you str8 threw cat. I hope this helps

No sh*t you fckin idiot
 9 years ago '04        #5
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$18,944 | Props total: 234 234
 YGMILLZ said:
No sh*t you fckin idiot
Shut the fu*k up jackass. Get out of this section.
 9 years ago '05        #6
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 YGMILLZ said:
No sh*t you fckin idiot
GET OFF MY DIKK LAME
 9 years ago '05        #7
carden2 14 heat pts14
space
space
$12,808 | Props total: 248 248
 PHANTOM TWIN said:
yo jus put a pipe in the place of the converter....and then put a sock on the end of your exhaust for about 5 minutes and see how black that ma fu*ker gets...it will show how bad it is...some newer cars...fu*k you prolly could pass emissions without that ma fu*ker...i seen alot of buckets blowing hella smoke pass emissions...
 08-08-2007, 01:52 PM         #8
YGMILLZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
one of you bi*ch a.ss n*ggas gave me hate. explain why
 9 years ago '05        #9
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 PHANTOM TWIN said:

My bad famo I really did read your Question.... Some dudes do run a str8 through convertor, which is like not having one on at all. Its sounds kind of odd but, performance wise it made his car a lil faster. here is something I've found Purpose: Using its internal catalyst, a catalytic converter's job is to greatly reduce the level of harmful emissions in a car's exhaust. Namely, these are carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and oxides of nitrogen. All of these emissions are serious health and environmental hazards, plus they contribute to the formation of photochemical smog. A catalytic converter changes these poisonous gases to harmless carbon dioxide, nitrogen, oxygen, and water. In a simplistic way, the catalytic converter can almost be thought of as an engine of its own. The converter uses fuel and oxygen to "light off" its internal catalyst, which consumes a large portion of the gases flowing through the converter. Although a converter greatly reduces emissions, it does not eliminate them altogether.
 9 years ago '04        #10
bmore303 
space
space
$458 | Props total: 0 0
 (619)309-6449 said:
in n*gga terms what your saying is... it doesn't matter if you have the cat converter or not your car will still ride...

it's just something them tree huggin muthafukkas at the dmv want a n*gga to waste some more money on
Yep, actually the car is less restricted without the damn cat, but hey...if you wanna drive it on the regular you gotta pass emissions with it :banghead:
 9 years ago '05        #11
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
space
 (619)309-6449 said:
in n*gga terms what your saying is... it doesn't matter if you have the cat converter or not your car will still ride...

it's just something them tree huggin muthafukkas at the dmv want a n*gga to waste some more money on

exactly damn I did go into a story lol
 9 years ago '05        #12
CurlyG 
space
space
space
$549 | Props total: 0 0
performance will actually improve with no cat...its restrictive to the exhaust of the vehicle...but in most places cats are mandatory by law...and your car will be louder without one...

if you want to replace yours you should check out the aftermarket...search catco catalytic converters and magnaflow catalytic converters...

hope this helps
 9 years ago '04        #13
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$18,944 | Props total: 234 234
 YGMILLZ said:
one of you bi*ch a.ss n*ggas gave me hate. explain why
Cause your a dumb sh*t.:rolleyes:
 9 years ago '06        #14
Hit Em' Up 56 heat pts56
space
space
space
$4,595 | Props total: 276 276
yea like everyone said perfermance very slightly decreases with the cat but u can always get an aftermarket high-flow cat which probaly wont do much more for hp then a short-ram intake....

Last edited by Hit Em' Up; 08-09-2007 at 10:35 PM..
 9 years ago '04        #15
deziking 58 heat pts58
space
space
$17,291 | Props total: 1148 1148
i'm sure they have the universal cat converters or i'm just too drunk to think about htaat/.
 9 years ago '06        #16
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,484 | Props total: 32 32
Man up in Minneapolis dudes be stealing those. sh*ts crazy. I bet ghost knows what im talkin about.
 9 years ago '04        #17
bmore303 
space
space
$458 | Props total: 0 0
 Sammyboi22 said:
Man up in Minneapolis dudes be stealing those. sh*ts crazy. I bet ghost knows what im talkin about.
I saw that sh*t in the news like 2 months ago. Was like wtf? Damn crackheads selling people's cats for scrapmetal to make some money.
 9 years ago '05        #18
ILLMATIC_RIDAH 
space
space
$755 | Props total: 0 0
ask urself...do i want my car sounding like a lawn mower?
 9 years ago '07        #19
Audi20FSI 
space
space
$841 | Props total: 0 0
Just install either an aftermarket OE replacement, or a performance cat, they are definately cheaper than OEM. Depending on year of your car, running no cat without any software or computer upgrade will decrease performance, the ecu will automatically trigger your check engine light and cause the car to run differently. I am no tree hugger trust me, but dont be cheap and just put a cat in and avoid da bullsh*t!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If She Was Your Bestfriend Mom Would You Smash?
105 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside First Look: Keanu Reeves Has A New Dog In ‘John Wick: Chapter Two’
38 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
No Man’s Sky is being investigated by the Advertising Standards Authority
38 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Japanese Men Trying to Pronounce "Massachusetts"
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ray-j launches the Scoot-E-Bike , is it the successor to the hoverboard?
114 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside MAFIA 3 gameplay overview after 6 hours
20 comments
24 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Beanie Sigel speaks on being sucker punched and discusses Meek Mill
642 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside The Batman: Joe Manganiello Starts Research For Deathstroke Role In B..
33 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy