Aug 6 - Cassidy Prepares For Battle, "We Taking On All Competitors"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
176 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-06-2007, 04:22 PM         #1
6222 pageviews
115 comments

Danja2Society 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aug 6 - Cassidy Prepares For Battle, "We Taking On All Competitors"

During a recent appearance on Funkmaster Flex's Hot 97 radio show Philly rapper Cassidy revealed that he is more than willing to jump back into the battling arena.

Cass, who made a name for himself earlier in his career by taking on Roc-A-Fella rapper Freeway, stressed that he will only participate in a f!ght Klub battle if his opponent is a respected artist.

"It has to beneficial. If it's one of the up-and-coming dudes that's known for being mixatape stars, it's not gonna benefit me if I eat 'em up," Cassidy explained. "It's just going to be expected anyway. Let say they put me up to battle Hov at a time like now, just the whole situation however it turns out it will beneficial for me because of the name he got. [
[pic - click to view]

Watch Part 1 Of the Interview Here]

"Let's say they put me out to battle 50," he continued. "Imagine what that would be like? They already know, if we get it pooping it would be so much around it that it will be beneficial no matter how it turned out." [
[pic - click to view]

Watch Part 2 Here]

"You have to be gold or better," added Swizz Beatz, who was also there with the rapper. "We taking on all challengers."

Both Cass and Swizz also revealed that they have no beef with 50 Cent despite the fact that the G-Unit honcho took the drums off their hit "I'm A Hustla" and used it on his current single "I Get Money."

"I feel so glad knowing that I had to struggle to make that sound popular," Cassidy said. "I remember when me and Swizz were putting it together and I remember when it started popping in Philly in the clubs and I came back to Swizz and I said, 'I need to lay verses over it' because it was a freestyle first. A lot of people didn't believe in it."

"We know it wasn't an intentional situation he just did cause it was hot," explained Swizz, who also revealed that he's completed a couple of songs for
[pic - click to view]

50's forthcoming album, Curtis, hitting shelves on September 11. "I just did five joints for 50, so it's all gravy."

Cass' new LP, The Barry Adrien Reese Story (B.A.R.S.), is set to hit stores on September 18. It features appearances from John Legend, Beanie Sigel, Fabolous, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, Eve and Rell with production supplied by Swizz Beatz, Neo Da Matrix, Scott Storch, Timbaland and Cool and Dre.

[pic - click to view]

http://sohh.com/articles/ .. icle.php/12252

115 comments for "Aug 6 - Cassidy Prepares For Battle, "We Taking On All Competitors""

10 years ago '04        #2
Aftashok 
space
space
$8,321 | Props total: 53 53
.....Budden went gold right?
 08-06-2007, 04:29 PM         #3
OOps  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who the fu*k is cassidy, i thought he was an Rn b singer.........
 08-06-2007, 04:31 PM         #4
Hurricane24  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i hope so i wanna see cass eat him
 10 years ago '05        #5
HoviWay 
space
space
$899 | Props total: 0 0
cassidy will eat up all.....thats the word....
 10 years ago '05        #6
STL-FYNEST314 
space
space
$3,310 | Props total: 4 4
that mixtape comment was a shot at budden i bet lol. but this sh*t will never happen. a big name artist aint gon do it cuz they gon be on that,"i got better sh*t to do" or "its a waste of my time" and the n*ggas who do wanna battle him cass gon be on that "it wont benefit me" type sh*t. sh*t it aint even no rappers thats gold or platinum nowadays that can battle anyway. n*ggas gon say weezy but he cant even go at the n*ggas who been sh*ttin on him for the longest.

my take on it is if he did battle joe budden, it could benefit both of them. that sh*t would be hot. but i dont even know if he can battle though.

cass need to lower his standards or we'll never see a cassidy battle ever.
 10 years ago '05        #7
TheChampIsHere! 
space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 123 123
I wonder who they'll get...
 10 years ago '06        #8
Boondocks 
space
space
$1,153 | Props total: 6 6
gettt em cass eat em uppp son

that freestyle over 50's beat was fire
 08-06-2007, 04:51 PM         #9
Knocka  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ive heard joe go hard n ive heard cass go hard & it's not even close....if a n*gga can post a time where they heard cass battle off the top then i may reconsider my opinion...and every1 heard what joe did to the unit,so if he doesn't battle joe it wouldnt surprise me...
 10 years ago '05        #10
DatKidDex 
space
space
$4,099 | Props total: 386 386
fu*k Buddens, fu*k Weezy, fu*k anybody you goin to throw at the boi 215 Philly all day
 10 years ago '05        #11
xclusive2k5 
space
space
$5,075 | Props total: 1059 1059
cass needa definately lower his standards..

Last edited by xclusive2k5; 08-06-2007 at 04:59 PM..
 08-06-2007, 04:58 PM         #12
stackmatics  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dem n*ggas need to battle a decent album.. fucc battling each other.. sh*t make a album
 08-06-2007, 04:59 PM         #13
stackmatics  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DatKidDex said:
fu*k Buddens, fu*k Weezy, fu*k anybody you goin to throw at the boi 215 Philly all day
... on gillie dvd they made it known that philly dont even fucc with cassidy
 10 years ago '05        #14
cheyneyurep215 
space
space
$333 | Props total: 0 0
 stackmatics said:
... on gillie dvd they made it known that philly dont even fucc with cassidy
the hell u talkin bout..da whole city backing cass..:finger:
 10 years ago '04        #15
getyagameup 24 heat pts24
space
space
$4,044 | Props total: 27 27
cassidy needs to battle Murda Mook!.....Murda mook is the #1 Contender in the battle game! I honestly think that battle would benefit Both rappers because Cassidy's buzz is gone for the most part. He needs to recreate a buzz for himself on the streets & on the airwaves. So a Battle & A hit Record would set his album up for great success. Who else but Murda Mook??!! After all He's been callin Cass out for the longest.......I think the streets need that!!! He really needs to lower his standards!...Think about it....like in basketball...when NBA players go to the rucker (EBC) to play they go to represent & show the streets that they still got it! They aint worried about anything else. I really think that battle needs to happen..not Joe Buddens....MURDA MOOK!!!!! Stop Actin Scared CASS!!!!

Last edited by getyagameup; 08-06-2007 at 05:27 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #16
flipdipbone 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,933 | Props total: 467 467
 stackmatics said:
dem n*ggas need to battle a decent album.. fucc battling each other.. sh*t make a album
sh*t they might make more money battling each other.....LOL
 10 years ago '04        #17
minimeblunts 
space
space
$4,710 | Props total: 11 11
philly fu*ks with cass all day... so does south jerz..... ITS CASSIDY bi*ch!!
 08-06-2007, 05:46 PM         #18
IRemainRaw  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ehhhhhh,swizz beats makes the ugliest beats known to man
 08-06-2007, 05:50 PM         #19
tee-jay  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OOps said:
who the fu*k is cassidy, i thought he was an Rn b singer.........
ur thinkin of butch cassidy
 10 years ago '05        #20
Doe Stacks 
space
space
$4,703 | Props total: 131 131
 getyagameup said:
cassidy needs to battle Murda Mook!.....Murda mook is the #1 Contender in the battle game! I honestly think that battle would benefit Both rappers because Cassidy's buzz is gone for the most part. He needs to recreate a buzz for himself on the streets & on the airwaves. So a Battle & A hit Record would set his album up for great success. Who else but Murda Mook??!! After all He's been callin Cass out for the longest.......I think the streets need that!!! He really needs to lower his standards!...Think about it....like in basketball...when NBA players go to the rucker (EBC) to play they go to represent & show the streets that they still got it! They aint worried about anything else. I really think that battle needs to happen..not Joe Buddens....MURDA MOOK!!!!! Stop Actin Scared CASS!!!!
I dont agree. He needs to battle Joe.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Late to the Party: Persona 5
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago