Kevin Hart X-mad card
48 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
249 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
114 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-07-2007, 08:19 AM         #41
thehogue  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mszomola said:
when your head gets too big , you do what hes done and before you know it your career came and went and you have a few films to show for it .....

if its not about the money then please make it about the movies tucker ...

theres huge hype to see him , but hes definetly a low lever actor if you think about it .... hes incapable of releasing anything more challenging then a kids movie rush hour series ....

im sorry , like talent has gone to waste ..... its a damn shame too
actually its called he dont want to end up doing a bullsh*t movie... or be potrayed w/ a bullsh*t image
 10 years ago '04        #42
collegeboy58 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,512 | Props total: 792 792
 thehogue said:
actually its called he dont want to end up doing a bullsh*t movie... or be potrayed w/ a bullsh*t image

Damned if you do, damned if u dont

I just remember ppl saying he didn't wanna play in other Friday movies because he would be typed cast...then him, Clinton, and Kevin Spacey went over to Africa and if u watch the videos, Chris really didnt say much...then he started the Chris Tucker foundation to help ppl in South Africa...all while finding religion...
 10 years ago '06        #43
BoxerE 
space
space
$1,470 | Props total: 0 0
 SwllwtheShards said:
haha he's on conan obrien...
fu*ker hangs out prince hahahaha
conan: "so you hang out with celebrities that dont hang out with oher celebrities"
yea him and prince eat pancakes and go to bible study together......

on the real though chris is still funny, and i don't blame him for not wanting to make too many movies. i mean if your already made all that bread why do you need to make so many more movies. just off rush 2 & 3 he's up 40+ mil, i could live off that for the rest of my life
 10 years ago '04        #44
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
Say he did some movies in between Rush Hour 2 and Rush Hour 3, and they weren't nearly as successful, didn't bring in nearly as much money, then he wouldn't be able to demand the terms he got for Rush Hour 3. It was just a good business decision not to oversaturate the market.
 10 years ago '05        #45
rellish 
space
space
$2,080 | Props total: 1157 1157
 HHS said:
Say he did some movies in between Rush Hour 2 and Rush Hour 3, and they weren't nearly as successful, didn't bring in nearly as much money, then he wouldn't be able to demand the terms he got for Rush Hour 3. It was just a good business decision not to oversaturate the market.
real sh*t spoken there

He was on 106 and Park, and he said that he will do a stand-up HBO show, Cant wait for that,
 10 years ago '05        #46
rellish 
space
space
$2,080 | Props total: 1157 1157
 HHS said:
real sh*t spoken there

He was on 106 and Park, and he said that he will do a stand-up HBO show, Cant wait for that,
 10 years ago '07        #47
Barnone254 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,670 | Props total: 1165 1165
 Tek-Delorean said:
I was wondering this myself. I figure at 20 mill per movie he doesn't need to work much anyways.
pretty much
 08-08-2007, 05:57 PM         #48
micwrecka  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheChampIsHere! said:
The dude went to Africa and came back with a different mindset! sh*t, if more black people in America took a trip to Africa, they would probably come back a changed person too...including U! The conditions over there on our so-called "people" is enough to make a muhfu*ka put sh*t in perspective! Plus, he's already rich...so he can do what the fu*k he wants!

"our people"??? man fu*k that sh*t. n*ggaz need to let that sh*t go. how many generations has it been since we've all been born in america??? we are americans. if you still say your people are in africa, take your a.ss back there then.
 08-08-2007, 06:11 PM         #49
dipsetgrl022  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
maybe he doesn't put actin' 1st in his life...jesus...
 08-08-2007, 06:27 PM         #50
djmarkuz91  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He just grown up to me. He got more mature and shyt. He Living life...
 08-08-2007, 10:06 PM         #51
wiseguy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mszomola said:
when your head gets too big , you do what hes done and before you know it your career came and went and you have a few films to show for it .....

if its not about the money then please make it about the movies tucker ...

theres huge hype to see him , but hes definetly a low lever actor if you think about it .... hes incapable of releasing anything more challenging then a kids movie rush hour series ....

im sorry , like talent has gone to waste ..... its a damn shame too
I totally agree. Some of you guys are saying he doesnt need to make movies because hes already rich. Hes a hollywood actor of course hes rich. That doesnt mean you stop making money. Look at denzel. That dude doesnt need to work a day in his life but every year he comes out with big movies. Tucker is no denzel but could definetly be making more films than he is now. I highly doubt Tucker is the highest paid actor in hollywood. Hes not getting 20mil a movie only got it for rush hour because he demanded that. Maybe the reason why hes not in other movies is because hes demanding more money than other people would give him. Rush hour 3 knew they had to give him what he wants inorder to make this film a hit. If they did it without him it would have just looked like another film that was made just to be made which is trying to eat of the past movie.

As far as being afraid of being type casted thats a joke. That cant be the reason why he didnt do friday series. When your a young actor you dont make a hit movie and quit on the possiblity of making another hit movie because you played a weed head in the first. He didnt even have enough on his resume to become type casted. If he didnt want to do Friday fine do something else.

Saying that the reason he didnt do any movies after rush hour 2 was a smart business decision is stupid. In a 6 year span, even if he did make bad movie or 2 thats long enough of a time to where it wouldnt have a big affect on rush hour 3. Smart business decision? You think thats what his agent was telling him. Chris lets not make any movies and wait for rush hour 3. Even if it takes 6 years. If your in showbiz your in showbiz. Every actor makes bad movies at some point.

Trip to africa, religion, no cursing etc doesnt fly with me. Im sure he curses multiple times in rush hour 3. Don Cheadle went to africa. Came back with a new mindset. Turned himself into a humanitarian but still made movies!! Still made money. Dont tell me there arent enough PG rated movies for him to get a piece of. Eddie and Martin were comedians who molded themselves into actors. So its not because Chris Tucker isnt a natural born actor. Thats basically how most actors make it big. Keep making movies, hope that a brilliant script, a great director, awesome cast and a little luck falls into your lap and bam your a star actor whose making films every year with maybe a break here and there for a vacation. I guess I started this page because I think he had so much potential and just isnt capitalizing as much as he should. Yeah 20 mil is sick. Its all must of us would need in our lifetime. But if im in a position where I can make so much more during my career then 20 mil is not enough and wouldnt stop or slow down but keep going and speed up.

Yes hes getting 20-25 mil for RH3 but thats not what they wanted to give him and thats definitely not what anybody else would give him because he doesnt deserve it. Hopefully he will make a comeback. RH3 is giving him the spot light again, its up to him whether or night he wants to stay in it. Do as many movies as he can get what he can get and then when hes on a roll can start demanding more money!

Only thing I can remember seeing chris tucker in after rush hour 2 was in a 15sec scene of mariah carey's music video when she was driving and he was sitting in the passenger seat. Go from a 15 sec music video clip to demanding 20+mil. lmafo.

Last edited by wiseguy; 08-08-2007 at 10:17 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #52
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,654 | Props total: 40 40
why make a bunch of movies that make sh*t when you can just live off rush hour every odd years.
 08-08-2007, 10:20 PM         #53
wiseguy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jordanfreak7 said:
why make a bunch of movies that make sh*t when you can just live off rush hour every odd years.
That seems to be the mentality alot of people here is having and I just dont get it. Thats being lazy to me. Call me greedy call me what ever but I would be out there every f*kn min trying to get millions out of the industry as much as I could. Couldnt just throw me millions and expect me to chil and wait PATIENTLY for the next check. I would be asking whens the next 20 mil coming? and then go make it happen.

Last edited by wiseguy; 08-08-2007 at 10:21 PM..
 08-08-2007, 10:39 PM         #54
scottarican526  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wiseguy said:
Just got finished watching the Rush Hour movie they had on tv and at the end of it I asked myself what is up with Chris Tucker? What has this guy done before the rush hour trilogy besides FRIDAY. I couldnt think of anything for a while but then remembered he was in Money Talks and Dead Presidents. Is something wrong with him or is he just lazy? 2001 he did rush hour 2. 2007 he does rush hour 3. Thats a 6 year hiatus! I mean hes a funny comedian and not goin to say hes the funniest but im sure enough people out there think hes funny to the extent where it shouldnt be hard for him to find a film to be in. 1998-2007 its been all rush hour movies. Thats basically a decade playing the same role! There are actors who make 2 movies in a single year. He needs to fire his agent immediately. Hes banking off Jackie Chan and thats cool but I just see an actor who isnt utilizing his opportunity. Theres a lot more money to be made out there. Seriously what was he doing those 6 years?
He does mad comedy acts in the middle, hes always doin comedy tours
 08-08-2007, 10:39 PM         #55
micwrecka  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jordanfreak7 said:
Because the Rush Hours were already done when they made the 3rd. sh*t just gets old and played out.
 08-08-2007, 11:11 PM         #56
wiseguy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
6 years doing comedy tours?
 10 years ago '07        #57
Jae_Mike 25 heat pts25
space
space
$4,387 | Props total: 1062 1062
AT 2O MIL FOR ONE MOVIE I WOULDLIVE A REGULAR LIFE AND SAY fu*k AMOVIE, WE TRYING TO MAKE A MIL, HE GOT 20 OF ONE MOVIE, U KNOW HE GET CHECKS STILL FROM FRIDAY IN SYNDICATION ON USA, TBS, MTV, COM CENTRAL, YOU GET CHECKS STILL FOR THAT I WOULDNTWORK EITHER, HE ISNT GOING TO BE ON TITANIC 2 OR A BEAUITIFUL MIND IN THE HOOD n*gga WHACK TO ME BUT SMART I GIVE HIM THAT
 10 years ago '05        #58
repetition 
space
space
$924 | Props total: 0 0
 rellish said:
Just like I've always wanted. And from the standups from last year, he pretty much says everything but fu*k. Regardless, the hbo special should be great
 10 years ago '07        #59
RedMonkeyJunkie 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,003 | Props total: 1384 1384
 wiseguy said:
That seems to be the mentality alot of people here is having and I just dont get it. Thats being lazy to me. Call me greedy call me what ever but I would be out there every f*kn min trying to get millions out of the industry as much as I could. Couldnt just throw me millions and expect me to chil and wait PATIENTLY for the next check. I would be asking whens the next 20 mil coming? and then go make it happen.
Get up off his nuts, hes living life, enjoying it. He has the privileged to just enjoy things and not have to worry bout working everyday for years. Maybe hes not one of those people that need 100 million to be happy.
 08-09-2007, 01:42 AM         #60
wiseguy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RedMonkeyJunkie said:
Get up off his nuts, hes living life, enjoying it. He has the privileged to just enjoy things and not have to worry bout working everyday for years. Maybe hes not one of those people that need 100 million to be happy.
You f*kn kidding if I was on his nuts I wouldnt be bashing him. no body is talking about working everyday for years just making a point dude has done 3 films in the last decade all being same movie. You call that being happy with his life I call that slippin.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
108 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
37 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
64 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
74 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
17 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy