Whats up with CHRIS TUCKER?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
82 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
14 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
209 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 08-05-2007, 11:18 PM         #1
11736 pageviews
76 comments

wiseguy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whats up with CHRIS TUCKER?

Just got finished watching the Rush Hour movie they had on tv and at the end of it I asked myself what is up with Chris Tucker? What has this guy done before the rush hour trilogy besides FRIDAY. I couldnt think of anything for a while but then remembered he was in Money Talks and Dead Presidents. Is something wrong with him or is he just lazy? 2001 he did rush hour 2. 2007 he does rush hour 3. Thats a 6 year hiatus! I mean hes a funny comedian and not goin to say hes the funniest but im sure enough people out there think hes funny to the extent where it shouldnt be hard for him to find a film to be in. 1998-2007 its been all rush hour movies. Thats basically a decade playing the same role! There are actors who make 2 movies in a single year. He needs to fire his agent immediately. Hes banking off Jackie Chan and thats cool but I just see an actor who isnt utilizing his opportunity. Theres a lot more money to be made out there. Seriously what was he doing those 6 years?

76 comments for "Whats up with CHRIS TUCKER?"

10 years ago '04        #2
CTre 22 heat pts22
space
space
$33,261 | Props total: 2826 2826
He went to Africa
 08-05-2007, 11:31 PM         #3
wiseguy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ok and... Thats all good but you can always come back to do a film or two. I definitely think its more to it than that.
 10 years ago '04        #4
JFamis 235 heat pts235
space
space
$16,973 | Props total: 4302 4302
Don't forget about Jackie Brown and The Fifth Element.
 08-05-2007, 11:49 PM         #5
wiseguy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JFamis said:
Don't forget about Jackie Brown and The Fifth Element.
Talkin bout real movies here. He played a shemale in fith element for god sake!

Chan says Tucker holding up 'Rush Hour 3'
HONG KONG (AP) Jackie Chan says the third installment of "Rush Hour" is stuck in neutral because co-star Chris Tucker is making too many demands.
Chris Tucker isn't commenting on Jackie Chan's revelations about Tucker's demands on the set.
AP file

"He wants too much power. The movie company hasn't obliged. He wants final editing rights and the final look at the movie and so on," Chan told The a.ssociated Press Thursday.

Chan called Tucker a "good friend" but questioned whether he had the stature to be so demanding.

"He's still a new actor," Chan, 51, said. "How many movies has he made? Two movies have already made him very famous and made him a lot of money."

"He needs to learn slowly," he added.

A call by The a.ssociated Press to Tucker's publicist, Samantha Mast, wasn't returned Friday.

While "Rush Hour 3" remains in limbo, Chan said he's going ahead with another project one with famed Chinese director Zhang Yimou. Zhang's recent films include "House of Flying Daggers" and "Hero."

Chan declined to reveal details of the movie, saying only that it would be "galvanizing" and is set in the 1980s. He said the idea is his, but Zhang will work on the script.

"He relies on imagination ... like an arrow flying through water," said Chan. "He has elevated the martial arts genre. I believe he can make any type of movie now."

Last edited by wiseguy; 08-06-2007 at 12:00 AM..
 10 years ago '06        #6
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,618 | Props total: 8542 8542
He became more religious.
 08-06-2007, 12:06 AM         #7
wiseguy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He threaten not to do the final movie because he thought he wasnt offered enough money. They agreed on 20mil and thats a number very few actors can demand. I mean hes not an A class type star.

Last edited by wiseguy; 08-06-2007 at 12:11 AM..
 08-06-2007, 12:17 AM         #8
Tek-Delorean  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was wondering this myself. I figure at 20 mill per movie he doesn't need to work much anyways.
 10 years ago '04        #9
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 wiseguy said:
Just got finished watching the Rush Hour movie they had on tv and at the end of it I asked myself what is up with Chris Tucker? What has this guy done before the rush hour trilogy besides FRIDAY. I couldnt think of anything for a while but then remembered he was in Money Talks and Dead Presidents. Is something wrong with him or is he just lazy? 2001 he did rush hour 2. 2007 he does rush hour 3. Thats a 6 year hiatus! I mean hes a funny comedian and not goin to say hes the funniest but im sure enough people out there think hes funny to the extent where it shouldnt be hard for him to find a film to be in. 1998-2007 its been all rush hour movies. Thats basically a decade playing the same role! There are actors who make 2 movies in a single year. He needs to fire his agent immediately. Hes banking off Jackie Chan and thats cool but I just see an actor who isnt utilizing his opportunity. Theres a lot more money to be made out there. Seriously what was he doing those 6 years?
Word on the street was that, he found religion and decided to cut back on his profanity and acting.

But a teacher of mine who's in the SAG said that the reason he wasn't in the FRiday sequels was because he was bootlegging Friday so he and Ice Cube got into it and banned him from the rest of the movies.
 10 years ago '04        #10
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,407 | Props total: 3454 3454
Cause he held out for the big payday..
Dude's getting paid somethin like $20million + 10% of all profit made from Rush Hour 3
 08-06-2007, 01:06 AM         #11
wiseguy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tek-Delorean said:
I was wondering this myself. I figure at 20 mill per movie he doesn't need to work much anyways.
Hes not getting that on a regular basis. Just on this movie because he was causing drama. No one will pay him that much for future films outside of Rush Hour.l
 08-06-2007, 01:08 AM         #12
wiseguy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Floeji said:
Word on the street was that, he found religion and decided to cut back on his profanity and acting.

But a teacher of mine who's in the SAG said that the reason he wasn't in the FRiday sequels was because he was bootlegging Friday so he and Ice Cube got into it and banned him from the rest of the movies.
What is SAG? Do you mean SGA and how true is this?
 10 years ago '04        #13
drums 
space
space
$269 | Props total: 7 7
screen actors guild i think
 10 years ago '06        #14
iCON-8 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,832 | Props total: 2 2
Bootlegging his own movies ... lmfao.

n*gga is officially whack. He was ill back in the day but now he just turned all religious and stupid. Dumb guy needs to wake up ..
 10 years ago '05        #15
oneosi 
space
space
$1,079 | Props total: 0 0
Screen Actors Guild
 08-06-2007, 01:53 AM         #16
wiseguy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What type of organization is that?
 10 years ago '06        #17
ProLogic 
space
space
$4,763 | Props total: 9 9
If he woulda capitalized on Friday series that n*gga woulda been sick...Mike Epps wouldnt be heard of
 10 years ago '06        #18
991 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,688 | Props total: 741 741
 iCON-8 said:
Bootlegging his own movies ... lmfao.

n*gga is officially whack. He was ill back in the day but now he just turned all religious and stupid. Dumb guy needs to wake up ..
2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good

you need to wake up before you're in hell. that prooves right there the time is near for the end. better start asking for forgiveness and accepting Jesus and straightening up. you're loved.
 08-06-2007, 03:26 AM         #19
Tha_D  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Chris Tucker holds out for big pay day. He's been fortunate enough to get involved in some serious projects and make big money (check his filmography) mostly nothing but A-Grade Hollywood sh*t. Wants to maintain the run. Won't catch him in an indie film, playin a mentally handicapped prostitute any time soon.
 10 years ago '06        #20
Isiah61 8 heat pts
space
space
$10,987 | Props total: 1455 1455
Hes made three moives in the last 9 years Rush 1-3.
Hes got while paid on the first two I guess
He didn't want to do three.The they when gave 25 mil to do which set a a record for highest paid actor, and hes gettin' a cut of all the profits. And doin' standup. He doesn't need to work, maybe he doesn't have the love for actin

Rush Hour 3 (2007) .... Detective James Carter
Rush Hour 2 (2001) .... Detective James Carter
Rush Hour (1998) .... Detective James Carter
Jackie Brown (1997) .... Beaumont Livingston
Money Talks (1997) .... Franklin Hatchett
The Fifth Element (1997) .... Ruby Rhod
Dead Presidents (1995) .... Skip
Panther (1995) .... Bodyguard
Friday (1995) .... Smokey
House Party 3 (1994) .... Johnny Booze
"Hangin' with Mr. Cooper"(1 episode, 1992)

from imdb.com & it doesn't show that he has anything coming up
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
23 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy