Aug 4 - Resident Evil 5 Promoting Racism Agaisnt Africans?

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
34 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
28 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
56 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
67 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Is this crossing the line?

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #141
A~team 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,783 | Props total: 1649 1649
omg i tired of people bringing up white and spinard zombies wtf how have they ever been oppressed??? tell me, yea at one point in history spanish people got some bullsh*t thrown at em by the ol white folk but we black are always seen as inferior,zzzzzzs, and looked down upon and this just backs up what they have been doing for the longest time so yea im definitely not purchasing this game when it drops fu*k capcom and those japs...and they know what the fu*k they was doing when they was developing this game
 08-05-2007, 11:30 AM         #142
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 A~team said:
omg i tired of people bringing up white and spinard zombies wtf how have they ever been oppressed??? tell me, yea at one point in history spanish people got some bullsh*t thrown at em by the ol white folk but we black are always seen as inferior,zzzzzzs, and looked down upon and this just backs up what they have been doing for the longest time so yea im definitely not purchasing this game when it drops fu*k capcom and those japs...and they know what the fu*k they was doing when they was developing this game
The man in your avatar would be disgusted by your stupidity.
 10 years ago '04        #143
jiggamanll 
space
space
$1,110 | Props total: 0 0
lol this game isnt racist. he is f!ghting zombies in the slums. i havent really seen white people in slums like that before. they just picking different environments be easy children.
 10 years ago '05        #144
ivan1087 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,292 | Props total: 19 19
 luda06 said:
Violence against black people with a white character? Sounds like the KKK and other hate groups have a new tool for their youth.
And "violence against black people with a" black character is any better?

:banghead:
 08-05-2007, 11:36 AM         #145
khmerraps  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 7AURELIUS said:
ok...........so they were supposed to make all the africans or hatians white.....that would have been racist........
u say that cuz ur white. u don't like black people just like yo daddy.
 10 years ago '05        #146
JaiMega 
space
space
$15,133 | Props total: 18 18
Capcom better know what they're doing with this sh*t, when I first watched the Trailer it was cool until afterwards I was thinking about it. "Damn this seems kind of racist," hopefully they make the storyline more than just k!lling diseased Blacks.
 08-05-2007, 11:45 AM         #147
QueenzBaller26  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont get it...as soon as blacks come into the resident evil line its racist ???

RE been doin it sh*t since like 98.....white cops/military....killin zombies......its jsut....zombies

re4 took place in europe....so they was k!lling europein zombies....is that racist ??

then re 2-3- and outbreak took place in racccoon city..pennslynvania

its just.................zombies...........just a game
 10 years ago '04        #148
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
 darealness818 said:
lmao wow what a bunch of crybabies in part 4 you were k!lling spanish people n no1 complained about dat dis is so stupid....
There aren't wide spread stereotypes of Spanish people being diseased, violent, primitive, and animal like, while these images of Africans are common, that's why it takes on something different then when they used other locations. As I said before, this isn't necessarily something intentionally done, it's just something the storyline of the game plays into, I don't think they're approaching it differently from the other games, but I also don't think the issue should be dismissed so easily, we should be conscious of stuff like this, mass media depictions are significant, so the "it's just a game" argument is weak.

Last edited by HHS; 08-05-2007 at 11:48 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #149
A~team 1 heat pts
space
space
 r a n c i d said:
The man in your avatar would be disgusted by your stupidity.
explain my stupidity and how would you know what a dead man would be disgusted by wtf i am disgusted by YOUR stupidity fu*king idiot
 10 years ago '04        #150
CrAkKedOuT 962 heat pts962
space
space
space
$23,695 | Props total: 15167 15167
wow luda, I really can't believe you went this low in posting this.
 08-05-2007, 11:54 AM         #151
QueenzBaller26  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HHS said:
There aren't wide spread stereotypes of Spanish people being diseased, violent, primitive, and animal like, while these images of Africans are common, that's why it takes on something different then when they used other locations. As I said before, this isn't necessarily something intentionally done, it's just something the storyline of the game plays into, I don't think they're approaching it differently from the other games, but I also don't think the issue should be dismissed so easily, we should be conscious of stuff like this, mass media depictions are significant, so the "it's just a game" argument is weak.
so wait what your saying is just becasue the way blacks are depicted in the world.....it dosent hit hard???? like when the europeans where being k!lled in re4 ???
 10 years ago '05        #152
Opm 
space
space
space
$1,341 | Props total: 0 0
this is racist but black hawk down isnt? i k!lled atleast 5000 somolians on that game
 08-05-2007, 11:57 AM         #153
T.O.N.Y  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
alright ima jus throw out a completely hypothetical situation, and tell me if you white people would be offended...

so a few hundred years ago a bunch of africans sailed to europe, rounded up a bunch of caucasian slaves and dispersed them throughout the western hemisphere

the caucasians worked as slaves for hundreds of years making this new found land flourish and become the richest nation in the world, but then the caucasians got tired of it and rose up, a huge war was fought, and then the blacks reluctantly ended slavery,

but even after slavery was done things werent the same, caucasians were forced to live in the worst slums of america w/ the worst schools so that even today hundreds of years later, there is still disenfranchized caucasians, and there is still a lot of hate and animosity between caucasians and blacks(some who still think caucasians are inferior and should still be slaves)

then a game comes out, and it depicts a black character going back to europe to k!ll infected caucasians, ur telling me u wouldnt be slightly bothered by that?

iam not black, and i do NOT think this game is racist, iam just saying in that context there will undoubtedly be blacks who will feel uncomfortable about this game (and rightfully so)...and there will be whites who use it as some sort of fantasy land doing sh*t they wish they could actually do in real life..to jus come out n say no its not racist stop talking about the issue is naive and stupid
 08-05-2007, 11:58 AM         #154
QueenzBaller26  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Opm said:
this is racist but black hawk down isnt? i k!lled atleast 5000 somolians on that game

aye what bout these game k!lling terrorists...or middle eastern people

all of a sudden g.r.a.w and rainbow 6 and aother lines of shootin games are takin place in the middle east

so whats that mean.....they murkin middle eastern people left and right...so im gussin thats racist against them ??
 10 years ago '04        #155
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
 QueenzBaller26 said:
so wait what your saying is just becasue the way blacks are depicted in the world.....it dosent hit hard???? like when the europeans where being k!lled in re4 ???
I'm saying there is baggage that comes with the depiction of Africans in this game, the baggage of all the stereotypes of black Africans that are present in the media and in the minds of many people. The circumstances of this game play right into those stereotypes, it could be said to be a reinforcing influence. The same can't be said when it's Europeans being depicted, people don't hold those same stereotypes about Europeans. If you look at the game in a larger social context, it clearly raises different issues when it's Africans, rather than Europeans.

Last edited by HHS; 08-05-2007 at 12:03 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #156
afr0sam 
space
space
$418 | Props total: 135 135
they just wanted to take resident evil to a place where it has never been before..i think the area looks great, who cares if the damn zombies are black, white or hispanics like in resi 4? i never thought of this fact, while playing r 4.
 10 years ago '05        #157
A~team 1 heat pts
space
space
 QueenzBaller26 said:
no it doesnt hit hard and he just explained why
 08-05-2007, 12:08 PM         #158
QueenzBaller26  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HHS said:
I'm saying there is baggage that comes with the depiction of Africans in this game, the baggage of all the stereotypes of black Africans that are present in the media and in the minds of many people. The circumstances of this game play right into those stereotypes, and could be a reinforcing influence for some people. The same can't be said when it's Europeans being depicted, people don't hold those same stereotypes about Europeans. If you look at the game in a larger social context, it clearly raises different issues when it's Africans, rather than Europeans.
ahhhhh ok i understand

ok tell me what you think of the depiction of the middle eastern people in the real life simulation games...and i stress the phrase "real life simulation"

becasue you know what..in the real world zombies aint real and if they where i dont think people would care what there skin color was or how they looked and ect ect....becasue they out to k!ll everyone and anyone " so its depicted"

but in real life simlation games.......its actualy things thats happening or happened or can happen

such as the call of duty series......americans k!lling germans...americans k!lling japs...

then in the ghost recon they where stationed in mexico if im correct...and a couple series stationing in middle east...allot of games in the middle east
 08-05-2007, 12:09 PM         #159
QueenzBaller26  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
when 9/11 went down
all games jsut seem to just want to k!ll people in middle east
 08-05-2007, 12:11 PM         #160
macadon83  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is a very stupid debate, and im sure it will be going on at different times for the next two years.

Like dude said, if it was a black man, k!lling up a bunch of whites, it'd be cool.

Yeah, racist people will love this game, but u can't hate something just because racist people may like it. Racist people used Christianity against Black people, still are heavily based in the christian religion today, and everyone is still on the Christian bandwagon, so get off of Capcom's c*ck.

Also, how many people is this game gonna affect. It's not gonna be a fu*king sensation like San Andreas, where you get to k!ll all the n*ggaz you want. Most of the people that purchase this game are gonna be fans of the series, and aren't even gonna think about "how bad black people must be", because they know what that virus does to people.

Last edited by macadon83; 08-05-2007 at 12:14 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy