Aug 4 - Resident Evil 5 Promoting Racism Agaisnt Africans?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
34 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
65 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Is this crossing the line?

Props Slaps
 08-05-2007, 06:08 AM         #121
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how can you be racist against Africans? unless of course u mean black people, otherwise i guess we cant have medal of honour becuase its shows germans being slaughtered.

and the majority of k!llings in africa is black>white,(or black>black) there is even an untold genocide against white ppl in south africa,includind the hero nelson mandella calling for black ppl 2 k!ll the whites inhis native tongue, then speaking an entirely different message to the congregated western media. but of course its never on the news.
 10 years ago '07        #122
KeepinItTrill 30 heat pts30
space
space
$49,200 | Props total: 15035 15035
 luda06 said:

Capcom is crossing the line with this one. Racism is high among gamers from what I can tell. Logging on to Xbox live to play a game, I'd come across people calling me a zzzzzz and other racial slurs. You can't turn on the tv without someone sterotyping black people these days, Hip-Hop, Don Imus, Viacom (BET). Putting this game amongst ignorant people is just going to create more racial tension.
deal with it, if you let somebody hurt you with WORDS then you're a bi*ch plain and simple. And like everyone else has been saying where were you when GTA SA was released, you didnt make a fuss about that game now did you? Quit overthinking sh*t and thinking theres some kind of undertone when there isnt. Everyone trying to claim racism is reaching real hard with something that isnt even remotely evident in the game.
 10 years ago '05        #123
stickemup 
space
space
$8,977 | Props total: 0 0
start the kids young........ fu*kin parents if you're that concerned why would you give your fu*kin stupid kid a game made for adults?

99% percent of the time this type of article is bullsh*t because they don't get it. sometimes they don't even get it when there's reason to be offended.
 08-05-2007, 08:39 AM         #124
stackmatics  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ayo.. who played the game MANHUNT? i couldve sworn i seen black people being hung from cords in that game.. when you f!ghting them skin heads onlike the 3rd or 4th level. either way.... WRECK EM ALL
 08-05-2007, 08:43 AM         #125
Styl3s  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why do black people always pull the race card bullsh*t?

grow the fu*k up..the game isnt racist, stop trying to make everything about your goddamn race for once and shut the fu*k up
 10 years ago '06        #126
BENZIEBOX 
space
space
$69 | Props total: 0 0
Not that im defending the game or that stuff, but im pretty sure they said it was the middle east, dunno bout if they african or wutever. But damn it aint even like this game or trailers been out long enough that such a buzz has come over it , people callin that racism sh*t need to chill
 08-05-2007, 09:21 AM         #127
BlackSaiyan  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Not here to debate whether the game is racist or not since I haven't played it. I do find it rather ironic there wasn't this outrage on here over a game like Grand Theft Auto- San Andreas that had brothers k!lling brothers. That's a real issue and problem in the black community that's been there for years that only gets worse. Not taking anything away from the RE debates but this tunnel vision black folks have where sh*t is only worth being outraged about when it's done by a white man is kind of ridiculous. Maybe one day we'll all be ready to look in the mirror and start putting our own people in check instead of always putting all the blame on everyone/everything else.

Last edited by BlackSaiyan; 08-05-2007 at 09:33 AM..
 10 years ago '06        #128
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
space
$21,788 | Props total: 173 173
ITS fu*kING HATI
 10 years ago '04        #129
Young_City414 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,367 | Props total: 16 16
you gotta know when to pick your battles. personally, this isn't even worth complaining about
 08-05-2007, 09:53 AM         #130
r a n c i d  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Anyone who views this as racist is an idiot.

We've had white zombies and spaniard zombies, now it's African zombies. Who the fu*k cares?

I mean i could understand if the previous games didn't have white or brown zombies how some idiot could get confused. But how can you even entertain the idea this is racism when previous games have had white people and that being blown to pieces?
 08-05-2007, 09:54 AM         #131
S.V. Da Goddess  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Damn, whats with the arguing?

You say what you think and move on. Its called an OPINION!

If you ask me, I would say it could be fu*king racist. To say that just because its a game means that it doesnt stem to racism is dumb as hell. Major corporations and businesses are racist! All they do is exploit or make fun of people of "color". And on the other hand maybe it wasnt racist. Maybe the plot of the game is taking place where there is predominantly "black" people. Now, there go 2 sides to this sh*t.

Being that this thread has made 100+ comments shows that there is something wrong when the matter of race is spoken about. And then alot of you say "Its just a game". Well it seems like some of you are very sensitive about this "game".
 10 years ago '06        #132
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
what a fu*king pathetic waste of a thread this is...get the fu*k outta here. if you see this as racist you shld prob just hang urself to the ceiling fan
 08-05-2007, 10:24 AM         #133
JaeRell  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So everybody gets this angry when black people are depicted as infected zombies...but it's not that bad when GTA:SA depicts an actual stereotype. A black west coast flannel shirt wearin' gangsta shooting up his own people and everybody in site, lol.
 08-05-2007, 10:26 AM         #134
Souljah1Eight7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this game is racists against zombies
 08-05-2007, 10:27 AM         #135
DA DOPEMAN  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
AMERIKKKA

remember folk, we are in the most racist nation IN THE ENTIRE WORLD

stay strong
 10 years ago '04        #136
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,214 | Props total: 2113 2113
why werent Russians complaining about pt.4 cuz he wiping them out in that one....
 10 years ago '07        #137
xxgoodzxx 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,212 | Props total: 1 1
How about all of those movies with war on those asians? Racists? Nah.
 08-05-2007, 10:40 AM         #138
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 S.V. Da Goddess said:
Damn, whats with the arguing?

You say what you think and move on. Its called an OPINION!

If you ask me, I would say it could be fu*king racist. To say that just because its a game means that it doesnt stem to racism is dumb as hell. Major corporations and businesses are racist! All they do is exploit or make fun of people of "color". And on the other hand maybe it wasnt racist. Maybe the plot of the game is taking place where there is predominantly "black" people. Now, there go 2 sides to this sh*t.

Being that this thread has made 100+ comments shows that there is something wrong when the matter of race is spoken about. And then alot of you say "Its just a game". Well it seems like some of you are very sensitive about this "game".
no they exploit everyone, and the ppl who are madefun of mostly these days are white ppl, so stop pullin those little excuses out of the bag, your time has passed

and ye san andreas was racist, he shouldve been an acountant instead of the stereotypical black male living in poverty, the game wouldve been much better
 10 years ago '05        #139
ayejay 
space
space
space
$131 | Props total: 0 0
yea seriously.. how come stuff now a days that have black people dying is considered racist or is promoting racism.. i've never seen a white africa or hatian? no offense intended. like with others, re4 was in a european spot, yet i didn't hear people talkin crap sayin its promoting racism. geeze get over that racism sh*t. its a freakin video game and the person is trying to k!ll zombies why can't people look at it like that...
 10 years ago '04        #140
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
It obviously treads in sensitive territory and is in keeping with the stereotypes people have about Africans, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and say this is just due to what the circumstances of the game are, rather than being intentionally racist. Obviously, it's taken place in other parts of the word, it just happens to be when you use Africa (or Haiti), it takes on a slightly different meaning due to the stereotypes that are common about those places. Still, even unintentional, I don't particularly like it, people can say it's just a game or whatever, but entertainment media plays a big part in disseminating and reinforcing stereotypes, and these images in the mind of someone who already hold stereotypes and isn't very intelligent are a reinforcing influence in my opinion. I wouldn't be for some kind of forced censoring though, I just think it's an unfortunate choice they made.

Last edited by HHS; 08-05-2007 at 11:13 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
75 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
15 comments
1 day ago