Aug 4 - Resident Evil 5 Promoting Racism Agaisnt Africans?

most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
177 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Is this crossing the line?

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #81
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
 King Ryan said:
^^^ It seem all you are doing is making excuses for RE5 release, that's the problem too many people are making too many excuses and not taking responsibilities for their actions. If it wasnt for slavery and the huge amount of racism that blacks undergo on a daily basis, RE5 wouldnt even be an issue. but obvisiouly this is not the case, Everyone keeps bringing up RE1 but this game holds no meaning. RE5 is obstructing the progression of the Human race as a whole, look how we are are arguing on BX about this game, imagine an worldspread argument with Blacks and Whites taking sides, all this game does is promote racial tension.

I have a question explain to me how this game will better the world? It seems that all RE5 is doing is making it worse.

fu*k Jann Lee
I'm trying to respect your argument brother, but you're not helping.

Have you read anything that I posted? It was all good questions that you haven't answered. No one is making excuses for why this should be released, they are valid reasons. It just seems like you are anti-violent videogames or something, because there is no reason to single this one game out and have no problems with all the other games released. Honestly, this sh*t shouldn't even be an issue, its blacks in a video game.
 08-05-2007, 03:42 AM         #82
DaveB11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jann Lee said:
You can say fu*k me all you want. The game will be released. People will buy it and the world will continue to spin. Me working for the actual company that makes the game will only make my job a little bit harder, which is fine.

As a matter of fact you can call the Capcom building and I will personally answer your questions about the game and the company itself. Just to prove that the company is not racist.

Your one of those annoying black people that ask why the puck in hockey is black. This is coming from somebody who is black. Shut the fu*k up.
LMAO you owned the fu*k out of him.
 08-05-2007, 03:44 AM         #83
Jann  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThaCarter407 said:
lmao Jann go read my other posts. they just dont listen.
It's crazy. I didnt want to respond but man people are truly off of there rocker, and its always the usual suspects.

Capcom is racist but they have multiple blacks within there company at high end job positions.....

yea that capcom is a modern day KKK.
 10 years ago '05        #84
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
 Jann Lee said:
It's crazy. I didnt want to respond but man people are truly off of there rocker, and its always the usual suspects.

Capcom is racist but they have multiple blacks within there company at high end job positions.....

Lol, seriously. I respect what you do in the gaming section and keep up the good work.

I just can't understand people sometimes man. Your example of the black person asking why the puck is black pretty much sums the whole thing up.
 10 years ago '06        #85
homme 59 heat pts59
space
space
$9,367 | Props total: 2081 2081
 Jann Lee said:

yea better watch for al and jesse cuz they comin for you.

i tried 2 have a sensible argument with dude and he blames me for pointing out facts. lol

soo whens that VIP section gonna b done and the skin?
 08-05-2007, 03:47 AM         #86
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OMEGAMAN said:
So you keep saying it basically "doesn't count" when whites or spaniards are getting k!lled. Would this game be an issue if the infected were asian, or indian, or any other people of color who weren't involved in the american slave trade? Let's call it for what it is, people wanting special treatment because the game involves blacks, which I don't agree with. The fu*kin loser white kkk racists have created actual video games that promote racism. Go look those up and see if re5 is in the same category as those.

And so I guess the GTA series and Halo and Gears of War, etc. are all necessary...
If thats your argument we can do without about half of the games the gaming industry releases.
Blacks are the only minority race in America that still deals with the backlash of the events in the past. Resident Evil 5 is like a spit in the face because of that. I cannot break it down any further than that, if you don't get it so be it. Enjoy the game when it releases.
 08-05-2007, 03:52 AM         #87
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OMEGAMAN said:
You're right, I fail to see the underlying tone because I don't feel there is anything sinister going on there. You said Capcom didn't make it with racial intentions, so therefore its just everyone reading too much into it. And as someone who has experienced real racism, not that "Oh, that asian store owner is staring at me too much, this is racism" type, I know that racism exists. But I do believe there is a such thing as being too sensitive towards issues. Like I said before, Blacks in this country need to worry about slightly more pressing matters in this day and age.

But I do agree with you, maybe they didn't take into account what Blacks go through. That doesn't mean they should waste millions and cancel the game (which they won't do) because some people are taking it the wrong way.
Thank you for seeing what my point is. A somewhat of a simple fix for the game is to introduce a main character that is a NATIVE of the country, so it looks like he's saving his OWN people. That would certiantly ease the impact of the image the trailer depicts. No need to cancel the game for that.
 08-05-2007, 03:53 AM         #88
Jann  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People need to realize that videogames are becoming a form of expression and the technology is allowing us to put people in tense and immersive situations. The guys who develop games are just like everybody else who take what they do seriously. Movies, Music and books do not hold any punch's with there imagery or content and people need to aceept that videogames will be no different.

Like the reference I made to black hawk down which has been a HEAVY influence to the development of RE5. Videogames are becoming a serious medium for story-telling. Maybe all the casual gamers on the out-side are looking at the Wii and thinking that is what gaming is about but the PS3 and 360 are pushing movie-type like experiences on there platform.

Developers will be damned if they have to remove some form of content because of racial under-tones that are just not there. Especially since there is only a small segment of the black community that does not "get" it.

Everyone screaming racism probably doesnt understand the videogame culture enough to make such judgment.

All the bi*ching and moaning does is draw more attention and essentially puts more money in the pocket of the people who you deem as being "racist"
 08-05-2007, 03:55 AM         #89
Jann  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThaCarter407 said:
yea better watch for al and jesse cuz they comin for you.

i tried 2 have a sensible argument with dude and he blames me for pointing out facts. lol

soo whens that VIP section gonna b done and the skin?
At this point its whatever. I called it wayyy before anyone else did and I knew the job I had ahead of me. I actually talked to the woman at blacklooks.org and basically got nowhere with her.

She was completly mis-informed with the product and the intentions of the product.
 10 years ago '04        #90
King Ryan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,649 | Props total: 1340 1340
I keep hearing why RE5, Why not any other game. RE5 is the only game where a white man is receiveing accolades for k!lling black people to save the world. I dont feel any other game is relevant to the argument about RE5 being Racist, If you feel that SOCOM or Call of Duty or whatever is Racist then you are more than welcome to make an argument about it. This game touches me personally so that's why i'm hear stating that RE5 is racist.

For Jann Lee who has a vendetta against me for defending something I believe in (Deleted My Thread), i dont care what company you Say you work for, you are one of those black peolpe who will stand for anything, but believe in nothing.
 08-05-2007, 04:00 AM         #91
Jann  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King Ryan said:
I keep hearing why RE5, Why not any other game. RE5 is the only game where a white man is receiveing accolades for k!lling black people to save the world. I dont feel any other game is relevant to the argument about RE5 being Racist, If you feel that SOCOM or Call of Duty or whatever is Racist then you are more than welcome to make an argument about it. This game touches me personally so that's why i'm hear stating that RE5 is racist.

For Jann Lee who has a vendetta against me for defending something I believe in (Deleted My Thread), i dont care what company you Say you work for, you are one of those black peolpe who will stand for anything, but believe in nothing.
I have no vendetta against your silly argument. I deleted your thread because Im a mod and there was about 2 other topics talking about the same thing. If you choose to take that seriously and get mad then sure why not.

Anything you say I take in such a light-hearted manner that it doesnt matter at this point. You wish I had a personal vendetta against you so you could have something to bi*ch to other people about.

Last edited by Jann; 08-05-2007 at 04:03 AM..
 10 years ago '07        #92
Benny2k 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,779 | Props total: 2 2
look at the pole you lose

the only reason everyone is arguing about this post is because your outlook on life is pathetic... Ur obviously not a fan of the series and our speaking on a series u have no knowledge of...... you have been brainwashed into thinking the world(mainly whites) is out to get you..... Luda and ryan you are the reasons why racism is still thriving because your ignorant to every race but yours
 08-05-2007, 04:01 AM         #93
Domic462  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I get where they are comming from it's like a program the KKK use to make kids hate blacks. Everyone will be saying who cares until some white kid with no life deicdes to pull a Virgina tech on a bunch of n*ggas.But to be honest until some white boy or girl does do that we have to give it the benfit of the doubt I mean who really pays RE anyways.

And All you white people in this post need to shut the fu*k up, I'm tired of hearing you all talk about black issues.
 10 years ago '05        #94
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
 King Ryan said:

I'm sorry, but what fu*king accolades is Chris Redfield receiving from fans or in the game (which we've only seen less than 5 minutes of)? If you mean praise for asaving the world then how is that any different from SOCOM? If you don't think of those as racist then how is this racist?

And regardless of what you're e-feelings towards Jann are, he works for the company making the game so I think he's in the best position to tell us what the real deal is. I knew already, but some people are convinced in seeing something that isn't there.
 08-05-2007, 04:06 AM         #95
Jann  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Domic462 said:
I get where they are comming from it's like a program the KKK use to make kids hate blacks. Everyone will be saying who cares until some white kid with no life deicdes to pull a Virgina tech on a bunch of n*ggas.But to be honest until some white boy or girl does do that we have to give it the benfit of the doubt I mean who really pays RE anyways.

And All you white people in this post need to shut the fu*k up, I'm tired of hearing you all talk about black issues.
If a white guy takes the game out of context how is that the fault or the obligation to the game itself?

This country is makes me sick, there quick to the blame the medium and not the parenting or the responsibility that comes with being a parent or guardian.

If some white people take the game out of context then who really gives a fu*k? If they shoot up a school of black people how is that the fault of RE5? how did he get the gun? were are the parents? if under-age how did he get the game?

The last thing on peoples minds should be "RE5 did it!!"
 10 years ago '06        #96
homme 59 heat pts59
space
space
 King Ryan said:

you dont even believe half the sh*t your saying
 08-05-2007, 04:10 AM         #97
iNTELLECT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Like dudes said in this thread over and over and over and over again...it's a fu*ken game.

People so quick to throw the racist card...damn

The game takes place in Haiti, and there are zombies... not slave zombies coming back from the dead with a klansman trying to k!ll them. Everybody becoming too sensitive man.

Even if the game took place in india (indian zombies), brazil (brazilian zombies), or China (chinese zombies).. it wouldn't matter...cuz in the game they'd be muthafu*ken zombies...its a game about trying to stop zombies not k!ll off a race and sh*t. zombies isn't a race.. its the living dead

so ppl saying if dave chappelle died and came back as a zombie, u wouldn't shoot him cuz it'd be racist and dude had a great 1st and 2nd season on comedy central? then later he eats ur brains?

exactly

then again, this situation wouldn't happen cuz zombies aren't real (not that i know of)

and Resident Evil is a game

Last edited by iNTELLECT; 08-05-2007 at 04:12 AM..
 10 years ago '06        #98
homme 59 heat pts59
space
space
 Jann Lee said:
At this point its whatever. I called it wayyy before anyone else did and I knew the job I had ahead of me. I actually talked to the woman at blacklooks.org and basically got nowhere with her.

She was completly mis-informed with the product and the intentions of the product.
lol yea i remeber u calling that sh*t after E3 but i had a feeling this was gonna happen but i hoped it wouldnt

but what can u do?
 08-05-2007, 04:13 AM         #99
JeanJovi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JeanJovi said:
Lets look at the chart here, compromised by top scientist of the world *clears throat*

White Man k!lling White people: Not Racist
White Man k!lling Hispanic people: Not Racist
White Man k!lling Black people: Racist
Black Man k!lling White people: Not Racist

..................Wait, something doesnt add up. *goes back over chart* hmmm, this just seems........uneven.

Ohhhhhh, i get it. Black people shouldnt be portrayed in videogames as the antagonist, especially if the protaganist is white. BUT its perfectly ok if its vice versa.

So here's the scenario, say you were white and u were in a village where the race was majority black. Suddenly they turn into brainwashed zombie-like people, and if ur not like them they try to eliminate you. Do you A.) Defend yourself at all cost in order to survive and find out what the hell is going on, or B.) Dont k!ll any of the hundreds of people that try to k!ll you because u feel its racist. hmmmmm.......decisions decisions.

Luda06, I understand what ur trying to say and usually i got yo back on sh*t, but ur views on this game is totally conspiracist, so is the article. People are going to say racist sh*t regardless, this game isnt going to promote racism. Besides, anyone who's not racist isnt going to turn racist after playing this game, the only person who's going to turn this game into a n*gga k!lling game is someone who was racist to begin with. This game doesnt promote a stereotype, u can see the same sh*t if u turn it to National Geographic, Discovery channel, or the Travel Channel. If we look at this game the way you and the few others are looking at it, then we can look at other games the same way.

RE4 is racist against spics
RE1 thru.......well any up till 4 is racist against zzzzzzs
GTA: SA is racist against zzzzzzs and n*ggas
Red Steel is racist against zzzzzs
HALO is racist against....aliens, lol

black people shouldnt have leeway when it comes to the skin tone of an antagonist. if the scenario calls for black antagonist then why shouldnt it happen, cuz they're black? Ignorant people are going to continue saying n*gga on XBL or PSN only because they're ignorant, there is nothing we can do about that, but this game isnt going to promote it because even if this game wasnt released ignorant racist are going to find their fix elsewhere.
there was no point of me even writing that, cuz those who think this game is racist is going to continue to think so, cant change their minds, its near impossible. the same way as trying to change a racist person's mind, near impossible to do so. so why dont you all just bask in ur own ignorance and continue to swim in ur conspiracy theory, while the rest of us remain open minded and not give a fu*k

Jovi out bi*ch!!!

Last edited by JeanJovi; 08-05-2007 at 04:18 AM..
 08-05-2007, 04:18 AM         #100
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let me re-state my opinion on the matter again for those who are too slow or still not getting it.

I know and I think we all know Capcom didn't make this game to be racist amongst humanity. That is not the issue here. So if that's what you think I'm getting at, you can stop there.

My beef with matter is that Capcom should know and understand that there are people alive today who have endured predujuice, sterotyping, and violence because they were African American. There's genocides going on in these underdeveloped third world countries. There are families in America that are connected to that.

I have people in my family who share the stories, hell I've gone through my share of it in today's society. I know there are many others who can say the same. So when you see something like what was shown in the trailer, it just clicks. It's not like I'm throwing the race card, I'm just saying have some respect.

We just can't be compared to Caucasian people or Spanish people either. They never had it as hard as us, then or today. Not even remotely close.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
94 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy