Aug 4 - Resident Evil 5 Promoting Racism Agaisnt Africans?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
141 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
64 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Is this crossing the line?

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #61
King Ryan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,649 | Props total: 1340 1340
It's a known fact that the media influences every aspect of our lives, from what we eat, watch, wear etc, and to say that this is only a game is undermining. Thousands of gamers will get a sense of enjoyment from using a white man to k!ll black peolple, too many adults are to irresponsible to see this as just a game, many will have their own selfish reason for playing RE5. What to say that a white man wont use this as an excuse to k!ll a Black person (RE5 made me do it, i was just acting out the game) and then that when peolpe will finally realize it when it was to late. This is a very sensitive issue that's need to be address, we cant stand by and let Capcom exploit 100 of year of oppresion for their own greed without putting up a f!ght.

Last edited by King Ryan; 08-05-2007 at 03:09 AM..
 08-05-2007, 03:10 AM         #62
DaveB11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nolia2g7 said:
Game looks kinda fun... but yea its obviously racist, doesnt take much to notice that......but boxden is full of white gamers so you cant expect it to NOT be defended.
the boxden GS is full of black people who dont find the game racist including people who work within the actual company who dont find the game racist.

Capcom is gonna laugh straight to the bank with this one.

nobody says sh*t when jews and germans are getting blown up in every post-modern WW shooter. If white people want to take this game out of context and use it as a means for hate then that is on there bi*ch a.ss's.

RE5 getting copped day one. not because of shooting black people but because RE4 was one of the greatest games Ive ever played. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Last edited by DaveB11; 08-05-2007 at 03:11 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #63
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
 luda06 said:
This sh*t is sad as hell. Members who replied either fail to see the underlying tone of racism in the trailer, or just act as if racsim doesn't exist. If someone spews out a racial slur, I'm not going to respect the person who sits there and accepts it.

Those who are silent about issues or refuse to accept the fact that there is one are just helping the cause. The racial tension among Blacks will never reach a minimum if we're forced to behave like the past is the past and that everyone will respect it, while others are shoving it in our faces.

Also for the last time, Capcom didn't make this game with any racial intentions. They made this game ignorant of what Africans, Hatians, and African-Americans went through, and still go through today.
You're right, I fail to see the underlying tone because I don't feel there is anything sinister going on there. You said Capcom didn't make it with racial intentions, so therefore its just everyone reading too much into it. And as someone who has experienced real racism, not that "Oh, that asian store owner is staring at me too much, this is racism" type, I know that racism exists. But I do believe there is a such thing as being too sensitive towards issues. Like I said before, Blacks in this country need to worry about slightly more pressing matters in this day and age.

But I do agree with you, maybe they didn't take into account what Blacks go through. That doesn't mean they should waste millions and cancel the game (which they won't do) because some people are taking it the wrong way.
 08-05-2007, 03:18 AM         #64
JeanJovi  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lets look at the chart here, compromised by top scientist of the world *clears throat*

White Man k!lling White people: Not Racist
White Man k!lling Hispanic people: Not Racist
White Man k!lling Black people: Racist
Black Man k!lling White people: Not Racist

..................Wait, something doesnt add up. *goes back over chart* hmmm, this just seems........uneven.

Ohhhhhh, i get it. Black people shouldnt be portrayed in videogames as the antagonist, especially if the protaganist is white. BUT its perfectly ok if its vice versa?

So here's the scenario, say you were white and u were in a village where the race was majority black. Suddenly they turn into brainwashed zombie-like people, and if ur not like them they try to eliminate you. Do you A.) Defend yourself at all cost in order to survive and find out what the hell is going on, or B.) Dont k!ll any of the hundreds of people that try to k!ll you because u feel its racist. hmmmmm.......decisions decisions.

Luda06, I understand what ur trying to say and usually i got yo back on sh*t, but ur views on this game is totally conspiracist, so is the article. People are going to say racist sh*t regardless, this game isnt going to promote racism. Besides, anyone who's not racist isnt going to turn racist after playing this game, the only person who's going to turn this game into a n*gga k!lling game is someone who was racist to begin with. This game doesnt promote a stereotype, u can see the same sh*t if u turn it to National Geographic, Discovery channel, or the Travel Channel. If we look at this game the way you and the few others are looking at it, then we can look at other games the same way.

RE4 is racist against spics
RE1 thru.......well any up till 4 is racist against zzzzzzs
GTA: SA is racist against zzzzzzs and n*ggas
Red Steel is racist against zzzzzs
HALO is racist against....aliens, lol

black people shouldnt have leeway when it comes to the skin tone of an antagonist. if the scenario calls for black antagonist then why shouldnt it happen, cuz they're black? Ignorant people are going to continue saying n*gga on XBL or PSN only because they're ignorant, there is nothing we can do about that, but this game isnt going to promote it because even if this game wasnt released ignorant racist are going to find their fix elsewhere.

Last edited by JeanJovi; 08-05-2007 at 03:21 AM..
 10 years ago '06        #65
homme 59 heat pts59
space
space
$9,366 | Props total: 2081 2081
 King Ryan said:
you punk bi*ch, why would you even bring something up that demeans
your own race, how can choose sides in a debate that's trying to protect the integrity of your race. This about more than a game, yeah it's simple for people to throw it off as a means for entertainment, bring up bullsh*t history to justify their own greedy intentions to play RE5. RE5 is something the world can do without, especially in 2007 where violence is ubiquitous, a game that would even spark a debate is not needed in this world, especially one that's portray's A white man k!lling brainwashed, infected Black peolpe to save the world. The people at capcom imagination cannot be that limited, where this is their only means to make a profit.

all you are good for is a laugh.

i didnt pick sides i just pointed out a flaw in what luda was saying. what you rather i tell lies to help get your point across you idiot? do you or have you ever played one of the games? if you did you would know that there is a reason that character was chosen because he already has a backround in the RE world. i could care less either way because i prolly wont even play the game for awhile after its out in stores. and for the bold part of your statement: the game isnt even coming out this year maybe not even next. and with that being said you wanna talk about how violence is out the but i dont see you complaining about the thousands of other games with violence.

with all that being said. i have already stated that yes at first glance it might look bad in sense of race. but people need to stop making races such a big issue in everything if equality is what we want.
 08-05-2007, 03:24 AM         #66
BLINK45  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i dont think i see anywhere in this game "hey to all u african hatting white people grab your guns and lets go k!ll a bunch of N*****S!" where in the game or game trailor does it show the capcom logo alongside a swasika or w.e its called. does it show some event were capcom comes out and says hey yeah we support violence against africans" where does it show that untill u can show me solid proof that capcom hates black people i will not drop this
 10 years ago '06        #67
510FlO 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$614 | Props total: 10 10
 Mr.Heismen said:
who cares i was playin re4 today and the zombies on there are speakin spanish or sumthin and they didnt say nuthin but since they look black theres a problem im black and im not trippin jus another game were i can beat the fu*k out of sum infected zombies anybody else feel me
Feel you? I'm thinking two words... Uncle TOM. Get back in the cabin and do the shuffle before you get whipped fo gettin outta line wit masa boy... Brain washed... to the 10th degree.
 10 years ago '06        #68
homme 59 heat pts59
space
space
 luda06 said:
This sh*t is sad as hell. Members who replied either fail to see the underlying tone of racism in the trailer, or just act as if racsim doesn't exist. If someone spews out a racial slur, I'm not going to respect the person who sits there and accepts it.

Those who are silent about issues or refuse to accept the fact that there is one are just helping the cause. The racial tension among Blacks will never reach a minimum if we're forced to behave like the past is the past and that everyone will respect it, while others are shoving it in our faces.

Also for the last time, Capcom didn't make this game with any racial intentions. They made this game ignorant of what Africans, Hatians, and African-Americans went through, and still go through today.

see luda thats where i agree with you at. but there was no up front racial intention seen in the game. its your choice if you want 2 make it a racial issue
 08-05-2007, 03:26 AM         #69
Mr 315  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you're one sad a.ss kid...you need to get laid or something if you have this much spear time on your hands to respond to every post thats left here but anyways hoefully this game doesn't get pushed back because there's a few mother fu*kers crying over some bullsh*t
 10 years ago '05        #70
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
 King Ryan said:
It's a known fact that the media influences every aspect of our lives, from what we eat, watch, wear etc, and to say that this is only a game is undermining. Thousands of gamers will get a sense of enjoyment from using a white man to k!ll black peolple, too many adults are to irresponsible to see this as just a game, many will have their own selfish reason for playing RE5. What to say that a white man wont use this as an excuse to k!ll a Black person (RE5 made me do it, i was just acting out the game) and then that when peolpe will finally realize it when it was to late. This is a very sensitive issue that's need to be address, we cant stand by and let Capcom exploit 100 of year of oppresion for their own greed without putting up a f!ght.
I respect you for being someone who has pride in their race, because I am also a brother who wants to see change in terms of the plight of blacks. But I don't remember ever reading that being black meant not having thick skin and being offended at every little thing.

Like it has been said before, where was the outcry when it was whites k!lling asians or other whites in violent games? AND NO ONE HAS EVEN MENTIONED THE DOZENS OF WAR GAMES INVOLVING WHITES k!llING MIDDLE EASTERN PEOPLE. To say that Capcom has some ulterior motive in releasing this game is like saying all those companies have some stake in the Iraq War. Did anyone in this thread, anyone, get a "sense of enjoyment" when playing games like SOCOM because it was a white person k!lling middle eastern people? Or was it just because it was a fun game?

You're also right. Someone could use the "RE5 made me do it" excuse, but they would be stupid to do so and I'll tell them to enjoy their stay in prison.
 10 years ago '07        #71
Benny2k 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,779 | Props total: 2 2
I dont think Haiti is in or anywhere near Africa, Haitian people are not from Africa, there for they are not african american.... And if you took a trip to haiti you would find that vodooism is a major part of the culture and also tied to the orgin of the word "Zombi" so by you saying this is racist your being ignorant to another ethnicitys culture and religious beliefs in trying to group them with your opressed beliefs.....
 10 years ago '06        #72
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,024 | Props total: 18791 18791
 OMEGAMAN said:
Oh please. There was a time when you couldn't even find a black person in a game unless it was a sports title. Now that was racism. So we are the main villain in a game. So what? Thats just a step closer to seeing black protagonists.

Why not? because the graphics aren't as realistic? People still blamed the GTA series for inspiring teen k!llers and sh*t. They didn't think of the virtual violence then. And yet you, sorry I don't mean to single you out, but I mean all the people hating on the game, are doing so on the same bit of information. For all we know there could be another character who is black f!ghting them off. Would that make the game okay in everyone's eyes?

And maybe its just me, but I feel a racial mindset starts way before people start playing videogames. A videogame made me racist is about as valid as the videogame made me k!ll that person argument.
It's one thing to be a black super villian in a game, another to be depicted as a "zombie", i.e. sub-human and have the object of the game be to fu*kin blow they heads off.....
 08-05-2007, 03:31 AM         #73
BigRic  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
racism this, racism that..whatever, lets get emotional over a video game. get a damn life this racist sh*t is played out. stop crying for nothing damn.
 10 years ago '05        #74
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
 RAZAH CUTS said:
It's one thing to be a black super villian in a game, another to be depicted as a "zombie", i.e. sub-human and have the object of the game be to fu*kin blow they heads off.....
sub-human? So the other games showed whites and spaniards as "sub-human"...so how would that be demeaning to us if other races are being shown in the same manner? Again we get back to-
Whites getting heads blown off-okay
Spaniards getting heads blown off-okay
Blacks getting heads blown off-not okay, racism, borderline Illuminati move by Capcom
 08-05-2007, 03:34 AM         #75
Jann  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RAZAH CUTS said:
It's called a fu*king storyline. You think Capcom just starts the game with a random white guy in the middle of nowhere k!lling black people?

Did you get mad at black hawk down? There is a reason why he is in africa or whatever. Not to mention the character depicted was not a new character brought in. The main character of the story has been apart of Resident Evil since the beggining.

Obviously Capcom is going for a Black Hawk Down Meets Resident Evil type vibe that is more gritty then there previous games. Your looking too hard for the racism.
 10 years ago '04        #76
King Ryan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,649 | Props total: 1340 1340
^^^ It seem all you are doing is making excuses for RE5 release, that's the problem too many people are making too many excuses and not taking responsibilities for their actions. If it wasnt for slavery and the huge amount of racism that blacks undergo on a daily basis, RE5 wouldnt even be an issue. but obvisiouly this is not the case, Everyone keeps bringing up RE1 but this game holds no meaning. RE5 is obstructing the progression of the Human race as a whole, look how we are are arguing on BX about this game, imagine an worldspread argument with Blacks and Whites taking sides, all this game does is promote racial tension.

I have a question explain to me how this game will better the world? It seems that all RE5 is doing is making it worse.

fu*k Jann Lee
 08-05-2007, 03:36 AM         #77
BigRic  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^^u r a lame mother fu*ker.
 08-05-2007, 03:39 AM         #78
Jann  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King Ryan said:
^^^ It seem all you are doing is making excuses for RE5 release, that's the problem too many people are making too many excuses and not taking responsibilities for their actions. If it wasnt for slavery and the huge amount of racism that blacks undergo on a daily basis, RE5 wouldnt even be an issue. but obvisiouly this is not the case, Everyone keeps bringing up RE1 but this game holds no meaning. RE5 is obstructing the progression of the Human race as a whole, look how we are are arguing on BX about this game, imagine an worldspread argument with Blacks and Whites taking sides, all this game does is promote racial tension.

I have a question explain to me how this game will better the world? It seems that all RE5 is doing is making it worse.

fu*k Jann Lee
You can say fu*k me all you want. The game will be released. People will buy it and the world will continue to spin. Me working for the actual company that makes the game will only make my job a little bit harder, which is fine.

As a matter of fact you can call the Capcom building and I will personally answer your questions about the game and the company itself. Just to prove that the company is not racist.

Your one of those annoying black people that ask why the puck in hockey is black. This is coming from somebody who is black. Shut the fu*k up.

Last edited by Jann; 08-05-2007 at 03:40 AM..
 08-05-2007, 03:39 AM         #79
BigRic  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
is that a candy cane in ur avy thats hot.....lame a.ss
 10 years ago '06        #80
homme 59 heat pts59
space
space
 Jann Lee said:
You can say fu*k me all you want. The game will be released. People will buy it and the world will continue to spin. Me working for the actual company that makes the game will only make my job a little bit harder, which is fine.

As a matter of fact you can call the Capcom building and I will personally answer your questions about the game and the company itself. Just to prove that the company is not racist.

Your one of those annoying black people that ask why the puck in hockey is black. This is coming from somebody who is black. Shut the fu*k up.
lmao Jann go read my other posts. they just dont listen.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
30 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
67 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy