Aug 4 - Resident Evil 5 Promoting Racism Agaisnt Africans?

most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
15 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Is this crossing the line?

Props Slaps
 08-05-2007, 02:15 AM         #41
TimeIsMoney  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
since this is a useless thread i have a question off topic what i have to do for my sig to show instead of showing the pic it's showing a link
 10 years ago '06        #42
homme 59 heat pts59
space
space
$9,368 | Props total: 2082 2082
 TimeIsMoney said:
since this is a useless thread i have a question off topic what i have to do for my sig to show instead of showing the pic it's showing a link
you dont put the link to your image in your sig u put the IMG code instead
 08-05-2007, 02:25 AM         #43
TimeIsMoney  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThaCarter407 said:
you dont put the link to your image in your sig u put the IMG code instead
whats the IMG code how i do at?
 08-05-2007, 02:25 AM         #44
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
As I've stated ealier, you cannot equate Spanish or Caucasian people with Blacks. History doesn't show Spaniards being hunted down, enslaved, and discriminated against. Nor does it show Caucasian people going through the same. Maybe if there was a war game that was released that had me playing as a Jewish k!lling German, but there isn't.

Black people are still going through a lot of racial tension ever since slavery ended. Gamers act like everything was cool after MLK recieved his own holiday and African Americans have their own month. I wish sh*t was like that. I really wish it was like that, but it isn't.

I also hear that RE4 was in Spain and the "Spaniards" didn't complain and BLAH BLAH BLAH. To counter this argument that there was no backlash form the SpaniardsÖthe original people of Spain werenít taking from their homeland, disfranchised and enslaved for over 400 years. These people are not so much affected by these portrayals; they donít have the psychological or economical scars a.ssociated with slavery and the fallout that followed so I donít think thereís a valid comparison there. Any form of entertainment that going to have a White man k!lling and mistreating blacks on a massive scale is going to cause backlash in the black community. We in 2006 and IT IS WHAT IT IS PEOPLE. Black people have the right to be outraged if and when they feel like they being labeled, misrepresented or if they feel like there's bias towards them in some way shape or form. I am sure if this was WW2 game about an SS soldier going into Poland to round up Jewish people for a death camp base game people would be outraged. I know itís not entirely the same situation but you get the idea..
 10 years ago '06        #45
homme 59 heat pts59
space
space
$9,368 | Props total: 2082 2082
 TimeIsMoney said:
whats the IMG code how i do at?
use photobucket its eaiser and it gives you all the codes under your picture and stuff
 10 years ago '05        #46
Sakriphyse88 
space
space
space
$1,301 | Props total: 17 17
Some of You People in here need to get Laid for real..
 08-05-2007, 02:30 AM         #47
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jamaro85 said:
I hear where you're coming from, but at the same time I want to say give me a fu*king break. Yes, I agree racism is still too prominent in our society, especially with online gaming where people are safe behind their computers/consoles hundreds of miles away; you hear ignorant motherfu*kers through out the N word like its apart of their everyday vernacular.

But at the same time if someone wants to deem this as racism on Capcom's behalf then I will have to say bullsh*t. If its Asian's, Middle Easterns, or other Anglosaxans its not a problem, but when it's Africans it is? Bullsh*t. I say this only because there is no way I will believe Capcom had racist intentions with this plot. I'm sure they were worried themselves about actually incorporating this theme into RE5 because people would take it out of proportion

Edit: I'm with this guy -
Also as I stated earlier...

I do not blame Capcom for having racial intentions, but I do blame Capcom for not understanding that Blacks aren't the same as Spanish people. It's like they believe racism doesn't exist at all.
 10 years ago '04        #48
King Ryan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,650 | Props total: 1363 1363
 ThaCarter407 said:
iight im black but if u wanna get technical then the slave trade was initiated by certain africans selling there own people off as slaves for weapons. nobody jus came and took people away, their own people sold them off....

but i guess you must have skipped that part in your history books
you punk bi*ch, why would you even bring something up that demeans
your own race, how can choose sides in a debate that's trying to protect the integrity of your race. This about more than a game, yeah it's simple for people to throw it off as a means for entertainment, bring up bullsh*t history to justify their own greedy intentions to play RE5. RE5 is something the world can do without, especially in 2007 where violence is ubiquitous, a game that would even spark a debate is not needed in this world, especially one that's portray's A white man k!lling brainwashed, infected Black peolpe to save the world. The people at capcom imagination cannot be that limited, where this is their only means to make a profit.
 08-05-2007, 02:33 AM         #49
ElMarroAfamado  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is stupid if someone is racist they are already racist at 17 n 20
 10 years ago '07        #50
Benny2k 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,779 | Props total: 2 2
 luda06 said:
As I've stated ealier, you cannot equate Spanish or Caucasian people with Blacks. History doesn't show Spaniards being hunted down, enslaved, and discriminated against. Nor does it show Caucasian people going through the same. Maybe if there was a war game that was released that had me playing as a Jewish k!lling German, but there isn't.

Black people are still going through a lot of racial tension ever since slavery ended. Gamers act like everything was cool after MLK recieved his own holiday and African Americans have their own month. I wish sh*t was like that. I really wish it was like that, but it isn't.

what the fu*k u talkin bout and when can i get my own month dedicated to guidos(Fist pumps out of this thread)
 08-05-2007, 02:35 AM         #51
TimeIsMoney  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThaCarter407 said:
use photobucket its eaiser and it gives you all the codes under your picture and stuff
WTF boxden don't allow me to use IMG code

Allow [IMG] Code No
 10 years ago '07        #52
Benny2k 1 heat pts
space
space
and everyone making an argument that this is racist hasnt said sh*t about haiti being the birthplace of voodoo and it bein the origin of zombies the main enemy in all the RE franchises

please tell me how that is racist
 08-05-2007, 02:43 AM         #53
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NjGiant420 said:
and everyone making an argument that this is racist hasnt said sh*t about haiti being the birthplace of voodoo and it bein the origin of zombies the main enemy in all the RE franchises

please tell me how that is racist
There's a mass k!lling of Black people by a Caucasian man. Huge underlying tone of racism. "It's okay because they're diseased zombies." Sounds like the same racial sterotypes of the slavery days.

Like I said in response to one of these posts, it would have been a lot easier to swallow if the main character was Black. Capcom should have done it's history research.
 08-05-2007, 02:48 AM         #54
BLINK45  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
them in some way shape or form. I am sure if this was WW2 game about an SS soldier going into Poland to round up Jewish people for a death camp base game people would be outraged. I know it’s not entirely the same situation but you get the idea..
no FU**ing SH*T of course its gonna cause drama its OBVIOUSLY a game about a nazi k!lling jews. not here though its just a guy k!lling zombies. wtf why cant u get that through ur head.and wtf do u mean "Black people have the right to be outraged if and when they feel like they being labeled, misrepresented or if they feel like there's bias towards them in some way shape or form" so if a black guy was to go shoot up a school and k!ll a bunch of his classmates that would be alright as lnog as he said "na man i cant take it no more im diferent theyre all racist" its ok now right cus he said that?wtf is that. but if that was to happen i bet everyone in Bx would be on his nuts defending him saying "o yeah yeah u know they was all racist u can tell by how he says theyre all racist". people are so stupid now a days man. i bet none of the people who are saying yeah this is racist it really hurts me to see my people beign k!lled like this by some white guy, i bet they dont even know theyre own heritage if they even have any one in there familly tree who was a slave. im not trying to say anything wrong about black people but im sure someone is gonna come out and attack me for something i said. just forget about it and play the damn game. part of not letting racism continue is forgetting race exist right? that other dude who said

i wish ignorant people would stop pushing racism. all the years resident evil has been coming out with sequels they've been shooting white (or as far as you could tell) zombies, but now since they're another color it's racist. that has got to be the dumbest thing i have ever heard. it's just a fukking game you stupid mother fukkers. that goes for everybody who is following in this bullsh*t.

i really don't get all these people who are like "man i wish racism would end", but yet push it in everyones face. like when they had a funeral for the "N" word. that probably set us, as a people back a few years. anyway, whatever, i'm just sayin, give it a rest.
people try and make everything about race just so that they can have that "RIGHT" to feel ouraged whenever they want fu*k that sh*t man u dont see me a mexican crying about movies where the spanish guys are always gangsters ridding in lowriders and talking funny or being the people who take the sh*t-end jobs. and dont say we arent "socially on the same level" with blacks cus aztecs were k!lled sloughterd too but no one really payed attention to it cus everyone turns out being a racist and starts ganging up on the outkast. i remember there was one thread where they were talking about some jessica alba not wanting to be spanish and everyone started ragging on the mexicans saying yeah i wouldnt wanna be mexican either blahblahblah. and im pretty sure some of these people crying racism in here were ragging on mexicans in that thread so it just goes to show lots of people in BX are ignorant fu*ks who just want attention and want something to yell about and make a big ruckus.
 10 years ago '07        #55
Benny2k 1 heat pts
space
space
your a fu*king idiot ur the only racist in here u have no valid points at all and why should capcom change what they been doin over the years because your an ignorant cry baby go smash don imus mail box or something
 08-05-2007, 02:53 AM         #56
Nolia2g7  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Game looks kinda fun... but yea its obviously racist, doesnt take much to notice that......but boxden is full of white gamers so you cant expect it to NOT be defended.
 08-05-2007, 02:57 AM         #57
BLINK45  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
RRODThere's a mass k!lling of Black people by a Caucasian man. Huge underlying tone of racism. "It's okay because they're diseased zombies." Sounds like the same racial sterotypes of the slavery days.
are u serious?who the hell raised u to look at every single colored aspectof life and twist and turn it till it has something to do with your race being put down and opressed? damn man just accept that its a game and not a mass racist creating game aimed at young adults who should already be able to think on theyre own and not be easily enfluenced to do and mimic everything they see or hear on tv.
 08-05-2007, 03:00 AM         #58
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This sh*t is sad as hell. Members who replied either fail to see the underlying tone of racism in the trailer, or just act as if racsim doesn't exist. If someone spews out a racial slur, I'm not going to respect the person who sits there and accepts it.

Those who are silent about issues or refuse to accept the fact that there is one are just helping the cause. The racial tension among Blacks will never reach a minimum if we're forced to behave like the past is the past and that everyone will respect it, while others are shoving it in our faces.

Also for the last time, Capcom didn't make this game with any racial intentions. They made this game ignorant of what Africans, Hatians, and African-Americans went through, and still go through today.
 08-05-2007, 03:03 AM         #59
blackTRUTH  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Its a game people k!ll all kinds of people black white etc etc...i truly understand where ur coming from but i cannot agree

Anything can be used as a tool of racism in the wrong housing if u really think its games that make someone racist u need to invest in a nintendo 4 ur children but anyway man its a game relax
 10 years ago '05        #60
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
So you keep saying it basically "doesn't count" when whites or spaniards are getting k!lled. Would this game be an issue if the infected were asian, or indian, or any other people of color who weren't involved in the american slave trade? Let's call it for what it is, people wanting special treatment because the game involves blacks, which I don't agree with. The fu*kin loser white kkk racists have created actual video games that promote racism. Go look those up and see if re5 is in the same category as those.

you punk bi*ch, why would you even bring something up that demeans
your own race, how can choose sides in a debate that's trying to protect the integrity of your race. This about more than a game, yeah it's simple for people to throw it off as a means for entertainment, bring up bullsh*t history to justify their own greedy intentions to play RE5. RE5 is something the world can do without, especially in 2007 where violence is ubiquitous, a game that would even spark a debate is not needed in this world, especially one that's portray's A white man k!lling brainwashed, infected Black peolpe to save the world. The people at capcom imagination cannot be that limited, where this is their only means to make a profit.
And so I guess the GTA series and Halo and Gears of War, etc. are all necessary...
If thats your argument we can do without about half of the games the gaming industry releases.
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
71 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC ó Watch Season 10 Teaser
56 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
64 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy