Aug 4 - Resident Evil 5 Promoting Racism Agaisnt Africans?

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
93 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
116 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
89 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Is this crossing the line?

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #21
Benny2k 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,779 | Props total: 2 2
I cant believe this argument is still going... Resident evil is a series of game thats why its called resident evil 5... If u have followed the series it has basically stayed with the same characters u play as(as in this one) and up to resident evil 4 the zombies have been mostly white and RE4 had spaniards its really sad someone has to make this a race issue because its not about that at all get a life or play the rest of the series so u know what ur talking about
 08-05-2007, 12:42 AM         #22
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NjGiant420 said:
I cant believe this argument is still going... Resident evil is a series of game thats why its called resident evil 5... If u have followed the series it has basically stayed with the same characters u play as(as in this one) and up to resident evil 4 the zombies have been mostly white and RE4 had spaniards its really sad someone has to make this a race issue because its not about that at all get a life or play the rest of the series so u know what ur talking about
Caucasian people aren't socially equal with Blacks. Spanish people are in the same boat as Caucasian people to me. They helped colonize the Americas, and enslave Africans along with other Europenans.

Black people are either in third world countries, or in developed countries such as the United States with every other minority race dealing with sterotypes, predujuice, and violence from racism. Slavery wasn't that long ago, equal rights as well in this country. There's a long road ahead of African Americans, and all other relative races of Africans.

You wish people could just respect that and not have a game where the main enemy is black people and the main character is Caucasian. I understand the Caucasian male is apart of the main story in the other series, but it would have been a lot better, (not enitrely) if a new character was introduced that is of the same race of the enemy.
 10 years ago '05        #23
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
I'm black and I don't see anything wrong with the game. I hope that you also created a thread when GTA-SA came out. That game was based on real life in the 90's, when an untold number of black youths were k!lling each other for no reason. So a game comes along with a white protagonist k!lling zombies and people want to have a fit. The RE series is based on k!lling undead (or controlled) people. NEVER has their skin color been a factor.

Ok, I understand that you are worried about racist people using the premise to their advantage. sh*t, making a big deal about it is just feeding into their hands and giving it more publicity. And someone said something racist to you in another game, does that mean this shouldn't be released because people could do the same? So maybe we shouldn't release Madden games because people could yell "hit that ****** running back!" or something similar?

Let the game be. Because thats what it is. A GAME. I can only hope that you and everyone else concerned with this being racist are just as concerned with the more important issues affecting the plight of us blacks in America.
 08-05-2007, 12:52 AM         #24
PR0TENTIAL  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Only people who claim it's racist are racists themselves. Period.
 08-05-2007, 12:57 AM         #25
IRemainRaw  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
17 years of age is young. 20 years of age is young. Games in general are for the youth to enjoy. Not to mention how many of yall had older relatives buy mature games for you? Chill out.

If your an idiot at 17,chances are you will continue to be an idiot regardless
 08-05-2007, 12:59 AM         #26
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OMEGAMAN said:
I'm black and I don't see anything wrong with the game. I hope that you also created a thread when GTA-SA came out. That game was based on real life in the 90's, when an untold number of black youths were k!lling each other for no reason. So a game comes along with a white protagonist k!lling zombies and people want to have a fit. The RE series is based on k!lling undead (or controlled) people. NEVER has their skin color been a factor.

Ok, I understand that you are worried about racist people using the premise to their advantage. sh*t, making a big deal about it is just feeding into their hands and giving it more publicity. And someone said something racist to you in another game, does that mean this shouldn't be released because people could do the same? So maybe we shouldn't release Madden games because people could yell "hit that ****** running back!" or something similar?

Let the game be. Because thats what it is. A GAME. I can only hope that you and everyone else concerned with this being racist are just as concerned with the more important issues affecting the plight of us blacks in America.
San Andreas isn't on the same level or anywhere remote to Resident Evil 5.

Without any knowledge of the series, you can summarize the game's plot simply as this: A Caucasian male k!lls diseased black people to save humanity. That's what you can easily depict for watching the trailer in that link. Sounds like the same goal and midset of many of these hate groups and clans.

You say it's just a game, but like I stated ealier, you can condone violence to just videogames, but once you begin to have a racial mindset, it applies to real world in general.
 10 years ago '06        #27
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,057 | Props total: 18822 18822
 OMEGAMAN said:
I'm black and I don't see anything wrong with the game.
That's exactly the problem.....
 10 years ago '05        #28
OMEGAMAN 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,532 | Props total: 18 18
 RAZAH CUTS said:
That's exactly the problem.....
Oh please. There was a time when you couldn't even find a black person in a game unless it was a sports title. Now that was racism. So we are the main villain in a game. So what? Thats just a step closer to seeing black protagonists.

Without any knowledge of the series, you can summarize the game's plot simply as this: A Caucasian male k!lls diseased black people to save humanity. That's what you can easily depict for watching the trailer in that link. Sounds like the same goal and midset of many of these hate groups and clans.

You say it's just a game, but like I stated ealier, you can condone violence to just videogames, but once you begin to have a racial mindset, it applies to real world in general.
Why not? because the graphics aren't as realistic? People still blamed the GTA series for inspiring teen k!llers and sh*t. They didn't think of the virtual violence then. And yet you, sorry I don't mean to single you out, but I mean all the people hating on the game, are doing so on the same bit of information. For all we know there could be another character who is black f!ghting them off. Would that make the game okay in everyone's eyes?

And maybe its just me, but I feel a racial mindset starts way before people start playing videogames. A videogame made me racist is about as valid as the videogame made me k!ll that person argument.
 10 years ago '07        #29
Benny2k 1 heat pts
space
space
 luda06 said:
Caucasian people aren't socially equal with Blacks. Spanish people are in the same boat as Caucasian people to me. They helped colonize the Americas, and enslave Africans along with other Europenans.

Black people are either in third world countries, or in developed countries such as the United States with every other minority race dealing with sterotypes, predujuice, and violence from racism. Slavery wasn't that long ago, equal rights as well in this country. There's a long road ahead of African Americans, and all other relative races of Africans.

You wish people could just respect that and not have a game where the main enemy is black people and the main character is Caucasian. I understand the Caucasian male is apart of the main story in the other series, but it would have been a lot better, (not enitrely) if a new character was introduced that is of the same race of the enemy.

So your saying if a Haitian was k!lling the infected zombies it would be ok I really feel sorry that you think this way you would probably enjoy life more if u stopped thinking into situations so much and making everything a race issue

Ive been playing resident evil since the first one and this is my most anticipated game and from what i heard of the story line this takes place in haiti and has something to do with vodoo which ties deep into the culture of any of its followers

The storyline alone has me hooked
 10 years ago '07        #30
Dane Van Rip 2 heat pts
space
space
$295 | Props total: 3 3
Life’s hard… but it’s harder when you’re stupid.
 10 years ago '06        #31
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,485 | Props total: 14771 14771
lol wow this is pretty fu*kin stupid. so i guess u wanted the Haitian ppl to be purple instead? stfu.
 10 years ago '06        #32
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,485 | Props total: 14771 14771
 luda06 said:

no...it sounds like its a guy, not a fu*kin caucasian guy, A GUY k!lling fu*king ZOMBIES in a VIDEO GAME. ignorant ppl like urself are the only ones trying to make this a "OMG THE CR*CKER IS k!llIN THE n*ggaS!" sh*t and its pretty fu*kin ignorant if u ask me. ur whole damn argument is ignorant. ITS A VIDEO GAME! get the fu*k over it.
 08-05-2007, 01:55 AM         #33
BLINK45  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WTF is wrng with everyone. RE and all its games are bassed around 1.zombies 2.fun new weapons and new wasy to k!lll the zombies 3.charecters and plots.
the zombies are always the same and i can understand why capcom would want to make an exotic setting that not to many of the players know much about. the news ways to k!ll the zombies has to to with what type of zombie it is so it makes sense that the new exotic setting would have new exotic zombies that no one has ever seen before. the charecters that are used in RE are all either charecters frmo passed RE games or a few new made up charecters thrown in as side charecters. take for example RE4 leon is the main CH. who was also the main Ch. for RE2. its so stupid how people turn this into a race issue just cus BLACK people are beign k!lled. no one says anything about rainbow six veagas which shows MEXICAN or Colombian or w.e terrorist reaking havoc. nope no one says anything about that as a matter of fact i bet most of u would probably enjoy the game just cus blacks arent being k!lled in the game. and OF COURSE zombies are disease ridden creatures trying to eat your brains or w.e of course "inhuman savages" the point is that theyre NOT human theyre fu**ing walking dead. of course your gonna want to k!ll something thats trying to k!ll you. and WTH is all this BS about it being aimed at younger audiences this game is rated M your not supposed to be playing it unless your 17+ or w.e that label is put there for a reason i never listened to it but i turned out fine i dont hate black people or hate white people or hate asians, indians, mexicans, w.e ... o man just F**k it people are so stupid now adays i bet if it was a black guy k!lling a bunch of white guys no one would care. might as well just make a zombie game where all the zombies are drinking tea enjoing the cool summer breeze and the main charecter has a magical wand that sends them off into the enchanted land of blah blah blah and all the white men and black men and asian, mexican , w.e can all hold hands as they proceed through the game asking the zombies nicely to leave. thats the point of a shooting game graphic violence and gore. and maybe a few zombie t*tties thrown in there like in Resident evil the movie.
 08-05-2007, 02:00 AM         #34
BLINK45  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
o and by the way resident evil 5 is gonna be CRAZZy cant wait for it
 10 years ago '06        #35
homme 59 heat pts59
space
space
$9,367 | Props total: 2081 2081
 luda06 said:

iight im black but if u wanna get technical then the slave trade was initiated by certain africans selling there own people off as slaves for weapons. nobody jus came and took people away, their own people sold them off....

but i guess you must have skipped that part in your history books
 10 years ago '07        #36
Benny2k 1 heat pts
space
space
^^^
hhahaha lets all join hands and zombie t*tties

More about vodoo in Haiti

The theory on which the belief in Zombis is based is that some Haitian medicine-men (Nganga) have the power to bring dead and buried people back to life again. These resurrected human beings are the Zombis, the living dead. It is also believed that during the night some people have the power to fly through the air with a big red flame under their arms: these are the werewolves. In the vodu dances, the Haitian peasants become furious and are supposed to be possessed of spirits. When one falls into this state, the medicine-man is said to be able to predict the incidence of catastrophe, birth, or death ; to tell how a person can win immense fortunes; to describe what happens in his home when a man is away from his family, and many other things which a person may always have been eager to know. The medicine-man is also supposed to have power over fate and to avert any ill fortune that the future holds in store for a victim.

So basically this is where the idea of Zombies came from i swear ill f!ght to the white house for this one

Last edited by Benny2k; 08-05-2007 at 02:05 AM..
 08-05-2007, 02:04 AM         #37
Calvo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how bout RE4 k!lling spanish zombies??

its a setting, get the fu*k over it. HATIAN PEOPLE IN HAITI, AFRICAN PEOPLE IN AFRICA, RACISM!
 08-05-2007, 02:06 AM         #38
TimeIsMoney  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
l ol
 10 years ago '06        #39
jgamel81 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,848 | Props total: 0 0
i wish ignorant people would stop pushing racism. all the years resident evil has been coming out with sequels they've been shooting white (or as far as you could tell) zombies, but now since they're another color it's racist. that has got to be the dumbest thing i have ever heard. it's just a fukking game you stupid mother fukkers. that goes for everybody who is following in this bullsh*t.
:finger: :finger: :finger: :finger:
i really don't get all these people who are like "man i wish racism would end", but yet push it in everyones face. like when they had a funeral for the "N" word. that probably set us, as a people back a few years. anyway, whatever, i'm just sayin, give it a rest.

Last edited by jgamel81; 08-05-2007 at 02:09 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #40
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
I hear where you're coming from, but at the same time I want to say give me a fu*king break. Yes, I agree racism is still too prominent in our society, especially with online gaming where people are safe behind their computers/consoles hundreds of miles away; you hear ignorant motherfu*kers through out the N word like its apart of their everyday vernacular.

But at the same time if someone wants to deem this as racism on Capcom's behalf then I will have to say bullsh*t. If its Asian's, Middle Easterns, or other Anglosaxans its not a problem, but when it's Africans it is? Bullsh*t. I say this only because there is no way I will believe Capcom had racist intentions with this plot. I'm sure they were worried themselves about actually incorporating this theme into RE5 because people would take it out of proportion

Edit: I'm with this guy -

OMEGAMAN said:
And maybe its just me, but I feel a racial mindset starts way before people start playing videogames. A videogame made me racist is about as valid as the videogame made me k!ll that person argument.

Last edited by Jamaro85; 08-05-2007 at 02:24 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
98 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
34 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
25 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
210 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
65 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy