Aug 4 - Resident Evil 5 Promoting Racism Agaisnt Africans?

most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith has a supreme shooting sleeve
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
122 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Is this crossing the line?

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #361
ClokWoRk ORaNge 
space
space
$1,917 | Props total: 54 54
ppl in this thread are mad stupid.

the new game takes place in africa (or haiti, i dunno) and it features a white man k!lling nothing but black zombies.

based on the history of racism and racial stereotyping that's been so prevalent in all aspects of our culture, capcom should've realized that this entire premise can be viewed as a discourse of racism.

if anyone in this thread cannot understand that, again, you are an idiot that is not taking into account all of the racial imagery in the past.

also, to those ppl who say "oh, they're just zombies" then you too are not thinking. blacks have been stereotyped in all forms of media... i mean there have been studies that have found most black people are portrayed as athletes, musicians, and services workers in tv shows (and not in positions of higher power).. does someone look at this concept and say "oh hell, its just television"..

no, and no, they're not just zombies... the zombies are part of a larger story and you have to think of how the story itself can be viewed as racially flawed/detrimental.

Last edited by ClokWoRk ORaNge; 08-09-2007 at 06:31 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #362
8th Wonder 
space
space
space
$1,218 | Props total: 0 0
the way this thread is going...it's not OK for anyone to k!ll anyone in a videogame...the way people are we gotta have a color...if u gotta a problem wit violent games...stick to tetris...this sh*t is ridiculous.
 10 years ago '07        #363
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
 Universal~Mind said:
ps3 game "Afrika"

You lose
Notice I said "and a few others".:applause:
There is a mmo computer game about ancient Africa(), thankfully, and a Cleopatra game being made but there still haven't been many creative steps taken towards having dark-skinned/African characters set in African stories in the mainsteam gaming market. Just like there isn't many Aztec, Mayan, or Inca games set up similar to God of War, Prince of Persia, Onimusha, etc.
 10 years ago '05        #364
GodzMustBeCrazy 31 heat pts31
space
space
$6,061 | Props total: 699 699
 ClokWoRk ORaNge said:

the new game takes place in africa (or haiti, i dunno) and it features a white man k!lling nothing but black zombies.

based on the history of racism and racial stereotyping that's been so prevalent in all aspects of our culture, capcom should've realized that this entire premise can be viewed as a discourse of racism.

if anyone in this thread cannot understand that, again, you are an idiot that is not taking into account all of the racial imagery in the past.

also, to those ppl who say "oh, they're just zombies" then you too are not thinking. blacks have been stereotyped in all forms of media... i mean there have been studies that have found most black people are portrayed as athletes, musicians, and services workers in tv shows (and not in positions of higher power).. does someone look at this concept and say "oh hell, its just television"..

no, and no, they're not just zombies... the zombies are part of a larger story and you have to think of how the story itself can be viewed as racially flawed/detrimental.
This game is being made in Japan, by a Japanese company who could give a sh*t about racism...I'm sure they didn't give 2 fu*ks about what you might think about the game, or if your feelings would be hurt by the developments in the game's story line. This game doesn't have predetermined intentions on being racist...sorry if you or anyone else is offended by it...Don't buy it!! Simple solution...Now if the game was being developed in America by a White Supremest group, then I would understand the outrage.
 10 years ago '04        #365
nicoled985 22 heat pts22
space
space
$14,331 | Props total: 4465 4465
 ClokWoRk ORaNge said:

Yea and? This is not the first Resident Evil game homie, zombies come in all colors shapes and forms. The first Resident Evil the zombies were all races. Nemesis had a freakin' monster in it. Haha, so are you telling me that Capcom should have chosen a different setting like Russia, China, some place in Asia or Europe and then it would be all good? Do you not understand that this is a game and it has a storyline, it's fiction...

Black people were depicted as such in certain sitcoms, movies and what not. Sad thing is sometimes these movies were created by black people. Need an example? I bet you don't complain about the movie Friday. How about blaxploitation movies where black people were depicted as drug dealers? It's pointless to complain about one thing but say it's okay with another. Is it only okay for black people to be detrimental to themselves?

Discourse of racism? Only to those who allow it to be, end of story...
 10 years ago '07        #366
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
"i mean there have been studies that have found most black people are portrayed as athletes, musicians, and services workers in tv shows (and not in positions of higher power).."

That may be a reflection of the way society is. America, for example, is very biased towards all things descended from Europe. If you look in your history book in school, it says that Christopher Columbus, Vikings, and other European explorers were the first to discover the Americas. That couldn't be further from the truth. There is evidence that many African people came to America before anybody else. There is even a document written by an explorer that sits at Harvard University that describes Native Americans in the south such as the Wash*taw as having dreadlocks and looking close to many Africans. People from Carthage in North Africa have depictions of new lands found to the west. We got all this info yet I African people never get credited with the discovery of America. It's a damn shame. Too many people are ignorant and neglectful when it comes to African and African American contributions that have been made around the world dating back thousands of years ago.
 10 years ago '07        #367
CHILL24 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,020 | Props total: 383 383
WHAT THA fu*k?!!! this is perhaps the dumbest sh*t ever...those japanese people have no reason to b even the slightest bit racist..they love black people!! have u heard bout their hip hop movement? but back on subject if it was really that big of a deal the people in charge of bringin the game over here would intervene no doubt...but as far as everybody catchin feelings over a GAME? this country need to lighten up seriously...its rediculous to think that there is anything wrong with this FICTIONAL story...itsa game they had to freshen up the story africa/haiti dont matter cuz we all kno its not real
 08-09-2007, 10:17 PM         #368
DiplomatBoy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man on the real yea it seem kinda racy but fu*k it most resident evil had a mixture of race they could throw some other races in it to ease the tension of the sensitive people you know but really im tired of seeing the white chracters in the video games when is there gunna be a black hero in any video game
 08-09-2007, 10:21 PM         #369
shyneshyne  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
racist
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
21 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
60 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
25 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
48 comments
1 day ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy