Aug 4 - Resident Evil 5 Promoting Racism Agaisnt Africans?

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Is this crossing the line?

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #341
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
It's a game about zombies put into the real world. If an outbreak like this happened in Haiti right now in real life and there was no known cure available, would you cry "RACIST!!" if the American military had to deal with the situation even if it means sending 'white' troops there? You don't even know sh*t about the game's storyline but you a.ssume it's depicting Haitian or African people as uncivilized just because you see zombies actin the way zombies are supposed to act regardless of race. You should go ahead and call the Spanish zombies from the last game uncivilized just because they may have been farmers and rural workers just like many Haitians and African villigers huh? Wake up and face the reality of it. No game has ever been set in Haiti or Africa so would you rather have every game set in predominantly white countries? Stop bein weak and jumping the race card every time you see something pertaining to black people. You should be ashamed at yourself for thinking this is racist. Like I said, if you want a game depicting us in heroic roles then maybe you should do your research and see that games about the Ancient Egyptians, Nubians, Ethiopians, and Olmecs or maybe the empires of Mali, Songhay, Ghana, Zulu, etc. can and should be made. You can't forget about the Moors from West Africa who conquered Spain and were responsible for the fine,detailed European architecture and the European Renaissance. Maybe you should do a game based on the Ancient Chinese or the first people to inhabit Japan who were black. A game about Hannibal the Conqueror could be made. He was the North African general who almost beat the fukin Roman Empire with an army of Elephants based near the mountains. You still can't forget about how the Nubians beat a Roman invasion with nothing but a few archers led by the Nubian queen at the time. Then theres the female Amazon warriors who fended off a European invasion by themselves.

Last edited by Playa; 08-08-2007 at 12:58 AM..
 08-08-2007, 03:07 AM         #342
AlCapone  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gtfoh
 08-08-2007, 03:45 AM         #343
l1lmpma$term1nd  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Close Thread!
 10 years ago '05        #344
kaderg911 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,299 | Props total: 0 0
 luda06 said:

Capcom is crossing the line with this one. Racism is high among gamers from what I can tell. Logging on to Xbox live to play a game, I'd come across people calling me a zzzzzz and other racial slurs. You can't turn on the tv without someone sterotyping black people these days, Hip-Hop, Don Imus, Viacom (BET). Putting this game amongst ignorant people is just going to create more racial tension.

ok then dont buy the game...
 08-08-2007, 05:58 AM         #345
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 One-O-One said:
It enforces the stereotype that all natives in Africa are "uncivilized" cannibals..... Thats the stereotype.
ive never heard this stereotype in britain in my lifetime

must be an american thing
 08-08-2007, 06:06 AM         #346
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nyuzi said:
It's a game about zombies put into the real world. If an outbreak like this happened in Haiti right now in real life and there was no known cure available, would you cry "RACIST!!" if the American military had to deal with the situation even if it means sending 'white' troops there? You don't even know sh*t about the game's storyline but you a.ssume it's depicting Haitian or African people as uncivilized just because you see zombies actin the way zombies are supposed to act regardless of race. You should go ahead and call the Spanish zombies from the last game uncivilized just because they may have been farmers and rural workers just like many Haitians and African villigers huh? Wake up and face the reality of it. No game has ever been set in Haiti or Africa so would you rather have every game set in predominantly white countries? Stop bein weak and jumping the race card every time you see something pertaining to black people. You should be ashamed at yourself for thinking this is racist. Like I said, if you want a game depicting us in heroic roles then maybe you should do your research and see that games about the Ancient Egyptians, Nubians, Ethiopians, and Olmecs or maybe the empires of Mali, Songhay, Ghana, Zulu, etc. can and should be made. You can't forget about the Moors from West Africa who conquered Spain and were responsible for the fine,detailed European architecture and the European Renaissance. Maybe you should do a game based on the Ancient Chinese or the first people to inhabit Japan who were black. A game about Hannibal the Conqueror could be made. He was the North African general who almost beat the fukin Roman Empire with an army of Elephants based near the mountains. You still can't forget about how the Nubians beat a Roman invasion with nothing but a few archers led by the Nubian queen at the time. Then theres the female Amazon warriors who fended off a European invasion by themselves.
this is the thing too many people have this inbuilt image of what certain races can and cannot do, white people are always portrayed as the violent colonizing more civilized people, whereas black people are usually portrayed as the gentle natives.

every race has taken the same sort of path, from tribal and barbarian times to spreading forth into the world.
 10 years ago '07        #347
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 195 195
 jataylorlfc said:
this is the thing too many people have this inbuilt image of what certain races can and cannot do, white people are always portrayed as the violent colonizing more civilized people, whereas black people are usually portrayed as the gentle natives.

every race has taken the same sort of path, from tribal and barbarian times to spreading forth into the world.
Yes but why aren't there any games depicting black characters in more interesting genres? There are obviously a lot of opportunities to make games about Africa for example but nobody is taking advantage besides whoever made Guild Wars: Nightfall and a few others.
 08-08-2007, 08:31 PM         #348
play107  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kegar89 said:
Only people who claim it's racist are racists themselves. Period.
:applause:
 10 years ago '05        #349
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
wait thread starter has a point. Black people are immortal
 10 years ago '05        #350
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
 Nyuzi said:
Yes but why aren't there any games depicting black characters in more interesting genres? There are obviously a lot of opportunities to make games about Africa for example but nobody is taking advantage besides whoever made Guild Wars: Nightfall and a few others.
ps3 game "Afrika"

You lose
 08-09-2007, 03:39 AM         #351
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Boxden has like 5 intelligent posters in this thread.
 08-09-2007, 05:05 AM         #352
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nyuzi said:
because the video game industry is still young, it has crossed many boundaries, and there has always been a black character in most f!ghting games, e.g tekken, its just for a while no-one made a game with the main character as a black man, probably simply because it hadnt been done before, but now there is a huge amount of black characters at the forefront of games.

and 2 think of it when have you seen the main character as any other race than white or asian, and more recently black...the only other game i can think of is prince of persia.

because most games arnet in real places.
 08-09-2007, 05:30 AM         #353
DaminOG™  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
na hes right theres MAYB 5 , this whold fu*king board always tries to pull the race card and constantly tryna twist sh*t to make everything sounds like the white man tryna bring them down or w/e GET THE fu*k OVER IT, NOT EVERYTHING IS fu*kING RACIST. im tired of seein all this fu*king sh*t from all u morons. its always a racists thread, 50 or ti or lil wayne farts or makes phone call thread.
 08-09-2007, 06:28 AM         #354
ever17  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is an established video game franchise that has been around forever. I've never had a problem with it in the past so why should this game be any different just because there are black zombies this time around? This is not a topic even worth debating. Capcom are great developers and Resident Evil is a great series. I'm really looking forward to this game.
 10 years ago '04        #355
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 12 12
i just dont see why people are constantly pointing fingers and yelling racism..

if someone gave you money too shutup is it then not racism ?

i wanna know what point your trying to make ... cause this is rediculous
 08-09-2007, 10:21 AM         #356
macadon83  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dogmanx23 said:
whaaaa whaaa whaaa i can't believe people think this game is racist only black people think its racist because they are to damn sensitive about there own race. Where spanish people upset over RE4? I dont think so because we are over the whole race thing and blacks should be too. ITS A GAME!!!! and i cant wait for it to come out and i will enjoy the game because its k!lling ZOMBIES!!!! not black people. Its people like AL Sharpton that make people think this way.. Everything is racist when it comes to blacks EVERYTHING!its so damna annoying and remember the game is rated M! and if you do like it guess what DONT PLAY IT! ill be first in line to buy this game and enjoy the hell out of it and im sure a lot of other people will enjoy it too. The people that think this game is racist all i gotta say is GET A HOBBY!
Shut the hell up. Who gives a fu*k about your race being over anything. Now this fu*ker here is the racist, not Capcom.
 10 years ago '04        #357
nicoled985 22 heat pts22
space
space
$14,338 | Props total: 4471 4471
The new Resident Evil video game depicts a white man in what appears to be Africa k!lling Black people. The Black people are supposed to be zombies and the white man’s job is to destroy them and save humanity. “I have a job to do and I’m gonna see it through.”

This is problematic on so many levels, including the depiction of Black people as inhuman savages, the k!lling of Black people by a white man in military clothing, and the fact that this video game is marketed to children and young adults. Start them young… fearing, hating, and destroying Black people.
The new Resident Evil video game depicts a white man in what appears to be Africa k!lling Black people
WRONG, the game takes place in Haiti and the people are Haitian and it is a part of Latin America, Latin America is not in Africa. Yea Haitians may be far descendants of Africans, but aren't we all?

The Black people are supposed to be zombies and the white man’s job is to destroy them and save humanity.
Supposed to be? How about they are zombies silly

the k!lling of Black people by a white man in military clothing
Doesn't this go with the storyline? What do you want him to wear, a t-shirt, straw hat and some Girbaud jeans? Would it have been better if the man was nekkid and k!lling the zombies?(what a useless argument he made there)

This is problematic on so many levels, including the depiction of Black people as inhuman savages, the k!lling of Black people by a white man in military clothing, and the fact that this video game is marketed to children and young adults. Start them young… fearing, hating, and destroying Black people.
I think he means the depiction of zombies as inhumane savages. :) Unfortunately, that's what zombies are.

And last but not least, I would like to state that games do not shape the individual. Shaping of an individual starts with the parents. Blaming games is a scapegoat by people who do not want to blame themselves for their children's actions. I personally played Resident Evil when I was in elementary school and junior high. This game did not make me violent. In fact, I would watch my brother play the game (who is younger than I, and could play a lot better) and I would help him solve the puzzles in the game. The game was scary in that there were zombies trying to harm you and jumping out of no where. My parents instilled the morals in me that I have today and I thank them for that.

On another note, sorry Luda if you are getting tired of me posting in this thread, but my reason is that I wanted to make a point. First off, the guy that you quoted and that I have subsequently quoted judged a book by its cover. By that I mean that he glanced at the game and a.ssumed that these people were Africans. You and I both know that he did not mean descendants from Africa. From the start of his argument he had already lost me with his misinformation and his own form of stereotyping. If you're going to argue a point you should be well researched and not be a hypocrite.
Secondly, I personally do not consider Zombies functioning human beings. They basically have no souls. They were brought back from the dead. What do you expect the man to do, stand there and let the zombie k!ll him? LOL that would defeat the purpose of the game. The purpose of the game is to mow through the zombies and accomplish a goal and by letting the zombies live, accomplishing that goal gets a whole lot harder haha. The man is Chris Redfield, who was the original main character in the first Resident Evil and some of the subsequent games. He is a member of a squad (like a police squad, therefore he wears fatigues) sent to investigate an incident that happened in a desert, that happens to be in Haiti :).

The game has not yet been rated. It will most likely be rated M. But parents will still probably buy this game for their under-aged children. My last point is, the parents hold the power to how their children will be raised, not a game. It all comes down to what small children are taught by the people that they revere the most and those are usually parents or guardians and teachers.

Last edited by nicoled985; 08-09-2007 at 06:22 PM..
 08-09-2007, 05:23 PM         #358
DaInfamous  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
not racist at all
 08-09-2007, 05:40 PM         #359
sykoj0e  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
stfu.. they did it in spain and nobody said sh*t.. stfuu .. fu*king worthless f*gs
 10 years ago '04        #360
Blazze One 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,230 | Props total: 13 13
 nicoled985 said:
WRONG, the game takes place in Haiti and the people are Haitian and it its a part of Latin America, Latin America is not in Africa. Yea Haitians may be far descendants of Africans, but aren't we all?

Supposed to be? How about, they are zombies silly

Doesn't this go with the storyline? What do you want him to wear, a t-shirt, straw hat and some Girbaud jeans? Would it have been better if the man was nekkid and k!lling the zombies?(what a useless argument he made there)

I think he means the depiction of zombies as inhumane savages. :) Unfortunately, that's what zombies are.

And last but not least, I would like to state that games do not shape the individual. Shaping of an individual starts with the parents. Blaming games is a scapegoat by people who do not want to blame themselves for their children's actions. I personally played Resident Evil when I was in elementary school and junior high. This game did not make me violent. In fact, I would watch my brother play the game (who is younger than I, and could play a lot better) and I would help him solve the puzzles in the game. The game was scary in that there were zombies trying to harm you and jumping out of no where. My parents instilled the morals in me that I have today and I thank them for that.

On another note, sorry Luda if you are getting tired of me posting in this thread, but my reason is that I wanted to make a point. First off, the guy that you quoted and that I have subsequently quoted judged a book by its cover. By that I mean that he glanced at the game and a.ssumed that these people were Africans. You and I both know that he did not mean descendants from Africa. From the start of his argument he had already lost me with his misinformation and his own form of stereotyping. If you're going to argue a point you should be well researched and not be a hypocrite.
Secondly, I personally do not consider Zombies functioning human beings. They basically have no souls. They were brought back from the dead. What do you expect the man to do, stand there and let the zombie k!ll him? LOL that would defeat the purpose of the game. The purpose of the game is to mow through the zombies and accomplish a goal and by letting the zombies live, accomplishing that goal gets a whole lot harder haha. The man is Chris Redfield, who was the original main character in the first Resident Evil and some of the subsequent games. He is a member of a squad (like a police squad, therefore he wears fatigues) sent to investigate an incident that happened in a desert, that happens to be in Haiti :).

The game has not yet been rated. It will most likely be rated M. But parents will still probably by this game for their under-aged children. My last point is, the parents hold the power to how their children will be raised, not a game. It all comes down to what small children are taught by the people that they revere the most and those are usually parents or guardians and teachers.
:applause:x5
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
147 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy