Aug 4 - Resident Evil 5 Promoting Racism Agaisnt Africans?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Is this crossing the line?

Props Slaps
 08-06-2007, 04:18 AM         #281
BLINK45  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
by the way idk if anyone knew this but theres a NEW RE movie coming out to with what appears to be an appearance by the main charecter of RE5 k!lling zombies from ALL over the world.and also black main charecters too
 08-06-2007, 04:23 AM         #282
BLINK45  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:
SMH @ members thinking Blacks are socially equal with other races in the Americas.
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

so then tell me what race are YOU more equal to, then the other races in the americas? face it your a fu*king racis yourself just roll over and die please the society and the world would probably be better of without you.
 10 years ago '07        #283
Young Kiba 
space
space
$137 | Props total: 0 0
If you wanna say RE5 is racist, check out RE:Outbreak. The black man was one of the best equipped mofo's in the game! Damn near every other race got played! Example: Asian chick- backpack. White Guy-pocket knife & lighter.
The black guy had a pistol and was a strong a.ss beast without it! (172 k!lls with the pipe+brick sledgehammer!) Check your history family...
 10 years ago '07        #284
Young Kiba 
space
space
$137 | Props total: 0 0
 Casho said:
Personally im black and i dont give a sh*t about it cuz i GOT to play that game when it comes out. Blacks, whites, spaniards whoever they are i dont give a sh*t im ready to open up a can off whoop a.ss so lets just put this one in the pocket and forget about it. Then again they do need some black heroes on video games they should make a black dante or some sh*t lmao holla!!!!!
Hell yeah fam! real talk...
 08-06-2007, 07:44 AM         #285
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HHS said:
Insisting that something isn't racist because you aren't instructed to k!ll or harm a particular race doesn't make any sense, racism can be much more complex than that. By your standards someone would have to make "Genocide Village" or something for a game to have racist connotations, which suggests a big lack of knowledge about the insidious nature of racism on your part.
no you are simply putting in place a theory that could determine any game/film/book 2 be racist, which is what it seems is sweeping america at the moment

and theyve already banned a game/part of a game for being racist...hitman for a level where you have 2 go into a mosque and k!ll specifically muslims, so no youre argument falls apart

THIS GAME IS NOT RACIST

its about as racist as resident evil 1/2/3/4
 08-06-2007, 07:46 AM         #286
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TanstA! said:
People don't see the bigger picture.

Maybe while he's k!lling the zombies he's trying to save the rest of the country from this disease and it just so happens some people got caught in the mix.

If you're a flesh eating zombie, Even if you're my family I have to take you out. It's the right thing to do.

The player isn't k!lling black people, he's k!lling zombies. But if the game says k!ll black zombies, we got a problem folks.
precisely
 10 years ago '04        #287
King Ryan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,650 | Props total: 1351 1351
 BLINK45 said:
ok so explain to me how capcom is EXPLITING the cultural pride of the african race by making a game set in haiti were a virus has SIMPLY made its way to haiti? stop making yourself feel important because your black and coincidentaly your people have faced many strugles in the past so you feel like u can loot of of that fact. if you keep reminding people of racism then your obviously noticing race and thinking that some races are higher or lower then othere right? so tell me please what race do you think your superior to? is it the aryans, the jews, the polish, the latinos. please which one of these do you see yourself higher over that u can say hey dont make a game about us being k!lled, but make it about that race over there. just shut the fu*k up about race and stop letting it thrive man. if u really want something to cry about cry about our fu*ked up government and its fu*ked up lies. ive said it before and ill say it again your helping the real oppresors flurish because your too buisy with insignificant issues in your life and in turn you dont see the real problems unfolding infront of u like high gas prices and inflation. sh*tty a.ss minimum wage, aids/hiv, its a fu*king video game about k!lling zombies that just so happen to be hatian.
You are a joke, coincidently faced many struggles that hilarious. What do superiority have to do with me feeling that RE5 is a Racist game, what the hell are you talking about any way you bring up my life in this arguement. no further comments.
 10 years ago '07        #288
MissStush88 1 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 4 4
 STUNTIN said:
U know why this is??? BECAUSE before anybody else enslaved black ppl.. BLACK PPL DID!!!,.. they are the ones who traded ur ancestors,.. it wasn't right for either side.. but some how ya'll overlook what "mother" africa did, and blame the rest of the world,.. sadly enough slavery is still alive in africa,.. not too many ppl are happy about how it all turned out,.. but the fact of the matter is.. it has all already happened,.. and its over,.. and if ur too worried about the past u will miss today ,.. yea there is still racism.. there always will be,.. but dont go lookin for it in places that its not,..
If you gonna preach...pleaseget it right. Indeed Africans were enslaving their very own people prior to Europeans were, but if you did a little more research would know, in what forms it existed. In African tribes some slaves were war captives, from civil f!ghts between tribes and others were slaves by debt agriculture etc. Traditionally, African slaves were bought to perform menial or domestic labor, to serve as wives or concubines, or to enhance the status of the slave owner. Of course all forms of slavery were wrong, yet
it was til Europeans came along and "changed the game" so to speak. Treating human beings as cargo, setting Africans to live in inhumane conditions as well as the biggest as most obvious, using skin color as a means to define ones role, in which they could not achieve with the lower class whites in there country and could not do with the Native Americas because of the susceptibility to European dieases and them being idigenious to they land they were to work.
 10 years ago '04        #289
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
 jataylorlfc said:
no you are simply putting in place a theory that could determine any game/film/book 2 be racist, which is what it seems is sweeping america at the moment

and theyve already banned a game/part of a game for being racist...hitman for a level where you have 2 go into a mosque and k!ll specifically muslims, so no youre argument falls apart

THIS GAME IS NOT RACIST

its about as racist as resident evil 1/2/3/4
No, I'm not doing that, and the Hitman thing really has no baring on my argument at all. To limit racism to a game telling you to k!ll a certain race is ridiculous, racism is obviously much more than just that to anyone with a reasonable understanding.
 10 years ago '04        #290
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
 HHS said:
It obviously treads in sensitive territory and is in keeping with the stereotypes people have about Africans, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and say this is just due to what the circumstances of the game are, rather than being intentionally racist. Obviously, it's taken place in other parts of the word, it just happens to be when you use Africa (or Haiti), it takes on a slightly different meaning due to the stereotypes that are common about those places. Still, even unintentional, I don't particularly like it, people can say it's just a game or whatever, but entertainment media plays a big part in disseminating and reinforcing stereotypes, and these images in the mind of someone who already hold stereotypes and isn't very intelligent are a reinforcing influence in my opinion. I wouldn't be for some kind of forced censoring though, I just think it's an unfortunate choice they made.
 HHS said:
There aren't wide spread stereotypes of Spanish people being diseased, violent, primitive, and animal like, while these images of Africans are common, that's why it takes on something different then when they used other locations. As I said before, this isn't necessarily something intentionally done, it's just something the storyline of the game plays into, I don't think they're approaching it differently from the other games, but I also don't think the issue should be dismissed so easily, we should be conscious of stuff like this, mass media depictions are significant, so the "it's just a game" argument is weak.
 HHS said:
I'm saying there is baggage that comes with the depiction of Africans in this game, the baggage of all the stereotypes of black Africans that are present in the media and in the minds of many people. The circumstances of this game play right into those stereotypes, it could be said to be a reinforcing influence. The same can't be said when it's Europeans being depicted, people don't hold those same stereotypes about Europeans. If you look at the game in a larger social context, it clearly raises different issues when it's Africans, rather than Europeans.
I just wanted to quote my older posts in this thread, since I think a lot of people are sort of bluring the issue or not really grasping some of the arguments about the problems with the premise of the game. I've seen a lot of people say anyone who has a problem with the game is stupid or a racist, but I've seen very few even semi-valid counterpoints, especially to what I said. I've seen a lot of "it's just a game", or "they k!lled white people before", or "they're k!lling them because they're zombies", but in my view these really aren't very good arguments. Entertainment has always been a big factor in reinforcing stereotypes, and it doesn't always have to be explicit or even overtly intentional. And you don't even always have to recognize things on a conscious level for them to have an effect in the mind of the wrong person, they don't have to go out and be happy they're k!lling black people in the game, it's just the images of the game, the portrayal in the game, stacked along with all the other negative images and stereotypes floating around, it's an issue. The images and portray of the game reinforce stereotypes, that's the bottom line argument here, not that Capcom is part of some evil conspiracy to pack their games with out and out racism, and racism probably is the wrong word to use here because people interpret that a certain way, I think saying it promotes stereotypes would be more accurate.

Last edited by HHS; 08-06-2007 at 10:05 AM..
 08-06-2007, 10:02 AM         #291
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 One-O-One said:
Me personally as a black man, i can tolerate it cuz i possess the necessary knowledge and i know the history of the videogame franchise.

Otha people, which in general are idiotic sheep, can't handle this type of content. Black or white or whateva.

The game is cool with me. But i can UNDERSTAND why some people would be mad. I mean damn, this sh*t actually happened in world history. Whether its Haiti or Africa. White folks ravaged BOTH lands tryin' to lay the law. And now due to this game, its somewhat simulated. And the game DOES reinforce racial stereotypes. And last thing we need as a culture is a videogame where a whiteman is murkin' a Black village. We need more positive images of our people, and this aint helping.

And even if the black community accepted the game. U still got the racist a**holes out there that will exploit the situation. If this game has online capabilities, i know exactly what ima get into..... racist a.ss gamers (mainly white) talkin' sh*t about k!llin black people in large numbers.

Off first impressions, I dont think America is prepared for this type of content. But ima wait til i play the game and then i can truely judge if this game's premise is justifiable.
it enforces stereotypes how? LMAO u just lost credibility there, unless of course a racial stereotype is that all black ppl are undead?
 08-06-2007, 10:04 AM         #292
jataylorlfc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HHS said:
No, I'm not doing that, and the Hitman thing really has no baring on my argument at all. To limit racism to a game telling you to k!ll a certain race is ridiculous, racism is obviously much more than just that to anyone with a reasonable understanding.
yes but your searching for a hidden meaning/agenda in everything, there isn't one here at all, someone should just delete this thread
 10 years ago '04        #293
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
 jataylorlfc said:
yes but your searching for a hidden meaning/agenda in everything, there isn't one here at all, someone should just delete this thread
I don't even think there is a hidden agenda in this, I think it's unintentional, but you would be naive to not recognize that every person looks at the world in a certain way which is a result of their personal history, and if you're gonna look at anything and analyze it, that colors the way people do things and the way people act, it's just a fact of human nature that there is a history behind everything we do, nothing exists in a vacuum.
 10 years ago '06        #294
J_Teflon 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,755 | Props total: 2959 2959
residental evil in haiti?? sounds ill......

please stop cryin
 10 years ago '04        #295
dogmanx23 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,666 | Props total: 328 328
this is very simple ITS A GAME!!!!! RE4 had a white guy k!lling hispanics did the latino community care NO!! because ITS JUST A GAME!!! Im sorry but the black community is to damn sensitive when it comes to RACE they always find the littlest thing and scream racist gimme a break.. ITS A DAMN GAME!!!! ITS VIRUS AND ITS INFECTED PEOPLE THATS IT! Get over it for the people that are offended by my post and the game i say one thing. GET OVER IT! and get a hobby
 08-06-2007, 10:41 AM         #296
tweedle-  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whoever thinks this is racism, needs to Benoit themselves.

YOU ARE THE PROBLEM.
 10 years ago '04        #297
nicoled985 22 heat pts22
space
space
$14,338 | Props total: 4471 4471
This game is not racist, the game is based in Haiti first off, therefore the zombies are going to be Haitian regardless. And like someone mentioned earlier, some haitians believe in voodoo to quote wikipedia

"According to the tenets of Voodoo, a dead person can be revived by a bokor or Voodoo sorcerer. Zombies remain under the control of the bokor since they have no will of their own. "Zombi" is also another name of the Voodoo snake god Damballah Wedo, of Niger-Congo origin; it is akin to the Kongo word nzambi, which means "god." There also exists within the voudon tradition the zombi astral which is a human soul that is captured by a bokor and used to enhance the bokor's power." Here's the link if you want to read it

Besides, if the marine gets k!lled by the group of zombies is that racism? It is a big group of black people ganging up on a white man that would be considered a hate crime... Do you see how silly that sounds?

Now think of all the stuff you just said about this game being racist and consider how silly that sounds...
 08-06-2007, 03:09 PM         #298
$h0wtym3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 RakimAllahNY said:
I'm black and I don't care.. Oh wait because I know there more important battles to f!ght then some peoples retarded idea of racism.. ITS A fu*kING GAME
cosign

This thread is a waste of time. Is the game racist? No. Controversial? Yes. If you don't like it then don't play it
 08-06-2007, 03:11 PM         #299
$h0wtym3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nicoled985 said:
Besides, if the marine gets k!lled by the group of zombies is that racism? It is a big group of black people ganging up on a white man that would be considered a hate crime... Do you see how silly that sounds?

Now think of all the stuff you just said about this game being racist and consider how silly that sounds...
Cosign again

Great minds think alike :D
 08-06-2007, 03:20 PM         #300
Ant B  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr.Heismen said:
who cares i was playin re4 today and the zombies on there are speakin spanish or sumthin and they didnt say nuthin but since they look black theres a problem im black and im not trippin jus another game were i can beat the fu*k out of sum infected zombies anybody else feel me
agree
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
112 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
139 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
130 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
352 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy