Aug 4 - Resident Evil 5 Promoting Racism Agaisnt Africans?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
105 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
46 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Is this crossing the line?

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #261
rshodunke 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,445 | Props total: 210 210
 BTiZZLe said:
hah.. i wish it was racist that would make the game that much funner.. stupid mother fu*kers.. get in touch with reality.
how would it make the game funner by being racist?
 08-05-2007, 10:37 PM         #262
WAYNE2050  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
am a back man, just want to let you know, yall on some stupid a.ss sh*t. he's in a all black country. so if they are zombies he should not k!ll them cause that would be raciest? come on now. look a blade he be fu*king withe folks up. get a life take care of your kids
 10 years ago '04        #263
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,613 | Props total: 286 286
come on know in resident evil outbreak every zombie was white and their is 2 black guys in that game and the only way there was a black zombie was if the 2 black guys got k!lled it's a damn game u sound like the media. don't buy the game go play something else i'm actually glad to see chris redfield return to the game no matter where it is based it's not based in the 60's or 70's and he is not screaming out die you fu*king zzzzzzs after he k!lls them.
yes i'm black and no the game doesn't offend me in any shape or form.
 08-05-2007, 10:49 PM         #264
PhantomBeatz  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King Allister said:
ITS NOT EVEN MARKETING AT YOUNG AGES ITS fu*kING RATED M
You idiot how many kids you know pick up a game,look at the rating, then put it back if its rated M. I'm sure that rarely happens.
 08-05-2007, 10:59 PM         #265
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ><>Young'n<>< said:
so its cool if the main character was black? would that be promoting black on black violence? im sorry, people just need to realize theres not a fu*king underlying messege under everything that happens. just take things at face value, the game is in Haiti, ur not gunna have asians or middle eastern people running wild. im sorry, but its very stupid to me. its fu*king sad in my opinion,
the fact that african american's think everything thats created that has black dudes in it is just a ploy/scheme by the white man to bring the black community to their knees. im not in any way racist, but cmon yall, this is reaching.
First off I didn't say it would totally alleviate the problem if the main character was black. When you see a Caucasian male just k!lling a bunch of blacks, it automatically triggers an offense to many African Americans. If the character was black, it wouldn't be as so blatant as to what we see now.

And you also need to stop generalizing everything that deals with African American people.
 08-05-2007, 11:29 PM         #266
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 darealness818 said:
wow one of da dumbest thread in da world and i hate how people are basically sayin its ok to k!ll spanish people in RE4 cuz they didnt go through as much opression as blacks..omg 4 real i hate those pieces of shyt dat like to pull the race card every oppurtunity they are a disgrace to black people if you ask me...n fu*k dat my poeple been opressed for over 400 yrs boo hoo yu didnt live during the slave times muthafu*ka
He, along with the majority of Boxden feel as if everything is cool now. @ the ignorance.
 10 years ago '04        #267
One-O-One 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,198 | Props total: 8912 8912
Me personally as a black man, i can tolerate it cuz i possess the necessary knowledge and i know the history of the videogame franchise.

Otha people, which in general are idiotic sheep, can't handle this type of content. Black or white or whateva.

The game is cool with me. But i can UNDERSTAND why some people would be mad. I mean damn, this sh*t actually happened in world history. Whether its Haiti or Africa. White folks ravaged BOTH lands tryin' to lay the law. And now due to this game, its somewhat simulated. And the game DOES reinforce racial stereotypes. And last thing we need as a culture is a videogame where a whiteman is murkin' a Black village. We need more positive images of our people, and this aint helping.

And even if the black community accepted the game. U still got the racist a**holes out there that will exploit the situation. If this game has online capabilities, i know exactly what ima get into..... racist a.ss gamers (mainly white) talkin' sh*t about k!llin black people in large numbers.

Off first impressions, I dont think America is prepared for this type of content. But ima wait til i play the game and then i can truely judge if this game's premise is justifiable.
 08-05-2007, 11:35 PM         #268
CHRONIC2oo3  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I feel this thread is racist because the background is dark and there isn't enough light colors. I mean... did anyone think of CHILDREN!?
 08-05-2007, 11:56 PM         #269
InCa69  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ayyo this is bull cuz in resident evil four that "white man" was in spain shootin spanish people so thats bullsh*t ain't no one racist
 10 years ago '04        #270
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
wow ....if people are getting offended by this then they dont need to be playing videogames in the first place....the only people who should find this game offensive to them is zombies! Black people,I beg and plead with you not to get this game banned because they already banned my mufu*kin Manhunt 2,I need this game in my life.....thank you for your time.
 10 years ago '04        #271
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,899 | Props total: 1127 1127
 PhantomBeatz said:
You idiot how many kids you know pick up a game,look at the rating, then put it back if its rated M. I'm sure that rarely happens.
all the time.[/sarcasm][/sarcasm]
 08-06-2007, 12:52 AM         #272
Casho  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Personally im black and i dont give a sh*t about it cuz i GOT to play that game when it comes out. Blacks, whites, spaniards whoever they are i dont give a sh*t im ready to open up a can off whoop a.ss so lets just put this one in the pocket and forget about it. Then again they do need some black heroes on video games they should make a black dante or some sh*t lmao holla!!!!!
 08-06-2007, 12:57 AM         #273
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm black and I don't care.. Oh wait because I know there more important battles to f!ght then some peoples retarded idea of racism.. ITS A fu*kING GAME
 10 years ago '04        #274
Keystone 
space
space
$2,593 | Props total: 84 84
 Jann Lee said:
You can say fu*k me all you want. The game will be released. People will buy it and the world will continue to spin. Me working for the actual company that makes the game will only make my job a little bit harder, which is fine.

As a matter of fact you can call the Capcom building and I will personally answer your questions about the game and the company itself. Just to prove that the company is not racist.

Your one of those annoying black people that ask why the puck in hockey is black. This is coming from somebody who is black. Shut the fu*k up.
indeed....
 08-06-2007, 03:21 AM         #275
BLINK45  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
rac·ism /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rey-siz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
thats the definition for racism off of dictionary.com
ok so all of u screaming racism here read the definition of the word your using.
whatyou guys are saying is that since your race has been opprsed more then other races in the past you have the right BY RACE to accuse others of being inttolerant to other races. meanwhile you fit the description of a racist by doing so. your not letting any other race be elligible for being hurt by race just because your race has suffored more. thats like waiting in line at a football game after you drank LOTS of beer and theres a long line of people waiting outside the door but, you have the privillage to go first without waiting in line JUST because you have to pee more then everyone else. WTF is that? your saying that the spaniards have suffored some racism but cant comlain about it JUST cus they didnt get it as bad.but blacks on the other hand whooa whooa wit up everyone dont be mean to them or treat them the SAME way as you would treat everyone else in this world cus theyre people have suffored a lot in the past 100 years. but hey look there comes a mexican lets make a bunch of resturants based around a stereotype that all they eat is tacos and name it taco-bell, and make a bunch of movies were the latinos are always either illiterate, sombrero wearing dumbasses who cant understand a word your saying, or a bunch of gangsters who love talking weird and wearing skully hats in the middle of a californian summer. you are idiots if u think re5 has an underling tone of racism.

and by the way its in fu*kig haiti haitians are not considerd AFRICAN there from haiti and when was the last time you looked in a history book and seen a bunch of white people walking around in haiti with one or 2 hatians in the picture? its in haiti so theres gonna be haitian zombies. it wouldnt make sense if if you set RE up in china and seen a bunch of GUATEMALAN zombies eating everyones brains. there is no undertone of racism here your just looking to hard for someting and trying to make very distant points connect to help you pull the race card just so u can bi*ch about it. what are you gonna do about this issue? your just calling out racism so you can have something to complain about to other people and have people feel bad about you for something you have never experienced on the SAME level as the africans living in the 50's. did you experience that same type of racism on a daily bassis? no i highly doubt u have so just be gratefull that u havent and know that you arent facing that same type of racism because it dosnt exist like that anymore.
 08-06-2007, 03:33 AM         #276
BLINK45  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
orriginaly posted by T.O.N.Y.

alright ima jus throw out a completely hypothetical situation, and tell me if you white people would be offended...

so a few hundred years ago a bunch of africans sailed to europe, rounded up a bunch of caucasian slaves and dispersed them throughout the western hemisphere

the caucasians worked as slaves for hundreds of years making this new found land flourish and become the richest nation in the world, but then the caucasians got tired of it and rose up, a huge war was fought, and then the blacks reluctantly ended slavery,

but even after slavery was done things werent the same, caucasians were forced to live in the worst slums of america w/ the worst schools so that even today hundreds of years later, there is still disenfranchized caucasians, and there is still a lot of hate and animosity between caucasians and blacks(some who still think caucasians are inferior and should still be slaves)

then a game comes out, and it depicts a black character going back to europe to k!ll infected caucasians, ur telling me u wouldnt be slightly bothered by that?

iam not black, and i do NOT think this game is racist, iam just saying in that context there will undoubtedly be blacks who will feel uncomfortable about this game (and rightfully so)...and there will be whites who use it as some sort of fantasy land doing sh*t they wish they could actually do in real life..to jus come out n say no its not racist stop talking about the issue is naive and stupid
theres one thing wrong with this but i kept in mind that this is completely hypotehical, but for some reason i cant help but think your trying to make this a reversed version of the situation at hand. the situation at hand being that a few ahundred years ago white american men went to africa and rounded up a bunch of them to make into slave and so on and so on. well in your scenario a black man goes back to europe and k!lls a bunch of white guys, your saying that this white charecter is going back to africa? and k!lling a bunch of africans? im pretty sure this game takes place in haiti and NOT in africa. if anything your racist and your post proves it cus what u really want is to switch places and have all the white men be replaced with black men and vice versa so u can feel your superior to everyone else.
 10 years ago '07        #277
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,834 | Props total: 194 194
The main reason why it looks bad is because of the fact that the main character is white so some people automatically get the vibe of a racist undertone for the game. This could have been the perfect time to introduce a main dark-skinned character because there's never been a black or dark-skinned RE main character that I can remember. By doing this, it wouldn't have made the game look any better though. It would have looked like 'black on black' crime instead of direct racism. Another reason why it looks bad is because of the position that most black or dark skinned people around the world are in today as opposed to ancient times when we dominated. If the main character was 'Cablanasian' would you be happy?
It's time to stop hollering "racist' and start actually makin games where you might get to play as a black character in a positive role other than crime and sports games and the sh*t you usually see us in. Why can't Japanese, Korean, American, European developers ever add a dark-skinned/black character in a main character role in action/adventure games? There aren't too many video game studios in Africa yet as a result of colonialism, sickness, drought, etc. so it would automatically be harder for developers over there to produce mainstream video games depicting black characters in black stories, especially since video games are expensive to make(millions).

Last edited by Playa; 08-06-2007 at 03:58 AM..
 10 years ago '06        #278
tye tah 
space
space
$415 | Props total: 0 0
chill out its just a game i bet you the person that made this thread says n***A more then they hello..would it make a diff.if the re5 cop was black..its not a white or black thing if thats the case speak out on the black that are k!lling each other every day and stop wasteing time on some dumb a.ss video game..sh*t my uncle got k!lled 2weeks ago here in philly.you know who shot him a 25year old n*gga.and you know who is trying too find his k!ller a 40year old white man and i think him for that..
 08-06-2007, 04:15 AM         #279
style  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'll tell capcom to only k!ll albinos next time they make a game set in a place with black people. Goon heads.
 08-06-2007, 04:17 AM         #280
BLINK45  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King Ryan said:
How about you Stand your a.ss up, and stop being a pus*y for a fu*king game, defending a damn Disc over someone cultural History, Pride, Integrity, Pedigree doesnt make no damn sense. people are obviously offended by RE5 and they have reason to be, We as a people have to draw the line when our cultural history is infringe upon to make a profit. This game is not necessary, Capcom is one of the leading developers in the gaming industry, Their imagination is not that limited, where this is their only means to make a profit. I respect creativity, it spurs competition which betters society, but RE5 is closeminded on so many levels.
ok so explain to me how capcom is EXPLITING the cultural pride of the african race by making a game set in haiti were a virus has SIMPLY made its way to haiti? stop making yourself feel important because your black and coincidentaly your people have faced many strugles in the past so you feel like u can loot of of that fact. if you keep reminding people of racism then your obviously noticing race and thinking that some races are higher or lower then othere right? so tell me please what race do you think your superior to? is it the aryans, the jews, the polish, the latinos. please which one of these do you see yourself higher over that u can say hey dont make a game about us being k!lled, but make it about that race over there. just shut the fu*k up about race and stop letting it thrive man. if u really want something to cry about cry about our fu*ked up government and its fu*ked up lies. ive said it before and ill say it again your helping the real oppresors flurish because your too buisy with insignificant issues in your life and in turn you dont see the real problems unfolding infront of u like high gas prices and inflation. sh*tty a.ss minimum wage, aids/hiv, its a fu*king video game about k!lling zombies that just so happen to be hatian.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
63 comments
24 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy