Aug 4 - Resident Evil 5 Promoting Racism Agaisnt Africans?

most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
67 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Is this crossing the line?

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #241
MissStush88 1 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 4 4
 luda06 said:
17 years of age is young. 20 years of age is young. Games in general are for the youth to enjoy. Not to mention how many of yall had older relatives buy mature games for you? Chill out.
^^^Word...

I think its all how u see thing. Black people are known to pick up on things that others may not sense...half of the time being the actually case and the other half not. Others who arent black honestly just wont understand. I just think some blacks would see it as being racist because if the history of African Americans treatment in America. If the history of Africans coming to America to present time was disscused then there might not be as much "looking for racism" but thats another story. My thing is there are many games out there that one might find racist if they just take a second look but I say chill people. Unless the character is callin the zombies zzzz and sayings other race related names then get mad other then that chill.

P.S. I love the game and have followed it from jump..No racisim is intent
 10 years ago '04        #242
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
 STUNTIN said:
to change the characters.. who have been mostly the same characters throughout when they were k!lling everybody else,.. would have been racists,if they were doing it for that reason,,,.. to make a decision based on race is being racist,.. like using the 'n' word,.. if black ppl can use it ,.. white ppl can use it.. IF NOT ,.. that is racist
That's not racist, but that's a whole other topic, too much to go into here, I just don't agree with your conception of racism.
 10 years ago '04        #243
King Ryan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,652 | Props total: 1380 1380
 STUNTIN said:
U know why this is??? BECAUSE before anybody else enslaved black ppl.. BLACK PPL DID!!!,.. they are the ones who traded ur ancestors,.. it wasn't right for either side.. but some how ya'll overlook what "mother" africa did, and blame the rest of the world,.. sadly enough slavery is still alive in africa,.. not too many ppl are happy about how it all turned out,.. but the fact of the matter is.. it has all already happened,.. and its over,.. and if ur too worried about the past u will miss today ,.. yea there is still racism.. there always will be,.. but dont go lookin for it in places that its not,..

and how do you know this, Just because some white man wrote your history books, History can only be speculated upon, there is no way of proven this bullsh*t theory trying to make slavery seem like it's our fault.

Pathetic. This argument is going nowhere, there are too many bigot's on bx.

If you are going to play game go ahead and enjoy yourself, I just wanted to let bx know my outlook on RE5.

:D So who's ready for some Madden 08!
 10 years ago '04        #244
STUNTIN 
space
space
$914 | Props total: 0 0
 King Ryan said:
and how do you know this, Just because some white man wrote your history books, History can only be speculated upon, there is no way of proven this bullsh*t theory trying to make slavery seem like it's our fault.

Pathetic. This argument is going nowhere, there are too many bigot's on bx.

If you are going to play game go ahead and enjoy yourself, I just wanted to let bx know my outlook on RE5.

:D So who's ready for some Madden 08!
like i said.. because it is still the case u idiot,.. and the fact that it happened all around the world,.. it wasn't just we went and got u and brought u back here,.. why would u be the only race that is spread throughtout the world like u described?????? think about it,.. and.. not to mention the fact that ,.. the history of it is the only way we know about it all??? all ur doing is presenting a theory mine is based by documentation,..
 10 years ago '04        #245
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
There was slavery in Africa before the European slave trade, there was slavery in many parts of the world, there still is, but even though I don't want to sound like I'm defending slavery any form, not all forms of slavery are equally destructive. The kind of slavery practiced by Europeans (and the Arab slave trade, to some extent) against Africans during the peak of the Atlantic slave trade, it was the most destructive form. Africans were taken in very large numbers, usually in the prime of their life, and transported to other continents for the benefit of the people there, that's the loss of a vital workforce in the development of parts of Africa (which in turn negatively effected the parts where the slave trade wasn't even prevelent, because the health of your neighbors is directly related to yours), where if you look at slavery that was taking place within Africa, those people still worked for the productive benefit of different locations within Africa. This was destructive not only for the sheer numbers of people taken, but also the violence and instability due to the methods of kidnapping people to be enslaved, the fact that what was given in exchange for them was non-productive resources, stuff that did not benefit the growth of Africa.

Last edited by HHS; 08-05-2007 at 08:46 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #246
STUNTIN 
space
space
 HHS said:
There was slavery in Africa before the European slave trade, there was slavery in many parts of the world, there still is, but even though I don't want to sound like I'm defending slavery any form, not all forms of slavery are equally destructive. The kind of slavery practiced by Europeans against Africans during the Atlantic slave trade was the most destructive form. Africans were taken in very large numbers, usually in the prime of their life, and transported to other continents for the benefit of the people there, that's the loss of a vital workforce in the development of parts of Africa (which in turn negatively effected the parts where the slave trade wasn't even prevelent, because the health of your neighbors is directly related to yours), where if you look at slavery that was taking place within Africa, those people still worked for the productive benefit of different locations within Africa. This was destructive not only for the sheer numbers of people taken, but also the violence and instability due to people being kidnapped to be enslaved, the fact that what was given in exchange for them was non-productive resources, stuff that did not benefit the growth of Africa.
it doesn't matter what it is benefitting its still not helpin the ppl that are being enslaved,.. they are humans they should be treated like humans,. i was never promoting it.. i was just sayin that it did happen

Last edited by STUNTIN; 08-05-2007 at 08:50 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #247
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
 STUNTIN said:
it doesn't matter what it is benefitting its still not helpin the ppl that are being enslaved,.. they are humans they should be treated like humans
It does matter when you're comparing the Atlantic slave trade to the slavery that existed within Africa, it's not nearly an equal comparison. Obviously it's horrible to the people being enslaved in any way, but using people as an extractive resource rather than a productive resource brings about very different widespread consequences.
 08-05-2007, 08:50 PM         #248
TValles  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yes then no...i can see why people say this is racist because you got a white person shooting a bunch of african "zombies"...but then again any game could be considered that...graw you're shooting up some mexicans and other latinos...san andreas is just so damn ignorant...i truly think they never made it to be what the threadstarter is saying because it's a game w. a premise
 10 years ago '04        #249
STUNTIN 
space
space
 HHS said:
It does matter when you're comparing the Atlantic slave trade to the slavery that existed within Africa, it's not nearly an equal comparison. Obviously it's horrible to the people being enslaved in any way, but using people as an extractive resource rather than a productive resource brings about very different widespread consequences.
no it doesn't because what it comes down to is the individual person being enslaved and how they felt about it,.. for the country it might not have been as bad,.. but me personally if i was that slave it wouldn't be any more satisfying that i'm helping my country if they are treating me like that
 10 years ago '04        #250
collegeboy58 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,515 | Props total: 797 797
 DirtyHarry said:
damn i offended you but you didnt pull the race card. damn you gotta teach all your "n*ggas" to do that
Chill out bruh...no need to go out ya way to say "n*gga"
You've actually changed my perspective....I hoped that in 2007 that ppl would be more mature to see this as a game and a game only but ppl like you make me believe that there will actually be a negative impact...I can only imagine you and your friends playing this game talkin bout "wish this was real and I could k!ll all these zzzzzzs"....Probably the same group of friends that get on XBox Live and talk racist sh*t

I still believe that its just a game and the majority of people that will buy it will see it as such (Resident Evil Fans)...the other minority will buy it and pretend to k!ll black ppl....guess its betta to live out ya fantasies through a game than in real life
 10 years ago '04        #251
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
 STUNTIN said:
no it doesn't because what it comes down to is the individual person being enslaved and how they felt about it,.. for the country it might not have been as bad,.. but me personally if i was that slave it wouldn't be any more satisfying that i'm helping my country if they are treating me like that
You're not looking at this logically.
 08-05-2007, 09:13 PM         #252
Alter_Ego  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King Ryan said:
Retarded comment.
Calling people on this forum a bigot when you just proven to us your one yourself is contradicting. History is what it is. If you don't want to believe the truth then throw your bible out and everything else that happened in the past.
 08-05-2007, 09:16 PM         #253
QueenzBaller26  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NjGiant420 said:
because the people arguing this is racist are in fact racists themselves and have obviously not followed the franchise and is not a fan of the series

Just lookin to pull the race card hoping others will come in and support there twisted view on racism and life
your right man..........when they was dispatched into the masion in the first game on ps1

i wasnt even thinkin bout race....they was fu*kin zombies...fleash hangin down..holes in there body....i aint give a fu*k..and still dont

its based on annilating the zombie race..............if zombies where alive and where like me and you and everyone on boxden..they should be the one complaining bout the game being racist..and not anyone else
 08-05-2007, 09:21 PM         #254
pierre2525  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I've Shot A Gang Of White Folkz On Gta So Does That Makes Me A Racist And When I Get This Game I Going To Shoot Up A Whole Lot Of Africans If U R A Flesh Eating Zombie Im Gon Pop Yo Azz
 10 years ago '04        #255
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,913 | Props total: 1157 1157
 micchecka said:
wtf?

this is dumb bullsh*t

what about the 50m cent game, where you play as a black character and k!ll whites or san andreas, or any of the other million games like that

what about dead rising where whites are depicted as you say "savage" zombies?

you're a fu*king idiot and a racist. thats why you dont mind playing as a black guy and k!lling whites, but as soon as the show is on the other foot, you start crying about it and calling people racist. i hope somebody k!lls your mother
your credibility was at 95% with your whole statement until the last sentence. then it shot down to about -28,000%.:banghead:
 08-05-2007, 09:35 PM         #256
><>Young'n<><  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so its cool if the main character was black? would that be promoting black on black violence? im sorry, people just need to realize theres not a fu*king underlying messege under everything that happens. just take things at face value, the game is in Haiti, ur not gunna have asians or middle eastern people running wild. im sorry, but its very stupid to me. its fu*king sad in my opinion,
the fact that african american's think everything thats created that has black dudes in it is just a ploy/scheme by the white man to bring the black community to their knees. im not in any way racist, but cmon yall, this is reaching.
 08-05-2007, 09:35 PM         #257
Lil Dice  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SkateboardT said:
it'd be racist if the guy was using racial slurs and k!lling every black person regardless of wether they were infected or not.
lol that would be hillarious... lighten the fu*k up.
 08-05-2007, 09:38 PM         #258
Styl3s  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
are people still crying over this bullsh*t?

if you think its racist do the world a fu*king favor and shut down your internet and never come back on

its people like you that makes the internet a horrible place to visit, because we have to put up with your fu*king ignorance
 10 years ago '04        #259
King Ryan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,652 | Props total: 1380 1380
 Alter_Ego said:
Retarded comment.
Calling people on this forum a bigot when you just proven to us your one yourself is contradicting. History is what it is. If you don't want to believe the truth then throw your bible out and everything else that happened in the past.
I guess because i'm intolerant to the idea about RE5 being just a game, that would make me a bigot well okay, How can we be 100% sure about history if we wasnt there to experience what really happen there will always be doubt about what happen. History and Religion are in seperate category that cant even be compared, do you have faith in slavery Ok I rest my case.
 08-05-2007, 10:23 PM         #260
Alter_Ego  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King Ryan said:
I guess because i'm intolerant to the idea about RE5 being just a game, that would make me a bigot well okay, How can we be 100% sure about history if we wasnt there to experience what really happen there will always be doubt about what happen. History and Religion are in seperate category that cant even be compared, do you have faith in slavery Ok I rest my case.
History is well documented from many sources. The History of the Romans To the Greeks to African Americans. If you feel history was written by the white man to make stories up then your ignorant.

There was 13 other RE games that were all white zombies.
The problem with the black community is that they hold african americans to a higher level than that of other races when it comes to insignificant things like this game; they pull the race card. This type of thinking is what causes the world to get upset, unstable and unsafe. Whoever thinks Capcom is making this game with racial intent is taking this too far and has destroyed any equality they are originally trying to obtain.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
181 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
113 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
61 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
vida guerra
82 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
76 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
61 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy