Aug 4 - Resident Evil 5 Promoting Racism Agaisnt Africans?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
63 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
32 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
13 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Is this crossing the line?

Props Slaps
 08-04-2007, 11:36 PM         #1
12046 pageviews
388 comments

luda06 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Aug 4 - Resident Evil 5 Promoting Racism Agaisnt Africans?

[pic - click to view]

http://www.blacklooks.org .. nt_evil_5.html

The new Resident Evil video game depicts a white man in what appears to be Africa k!lling Black people. The Black people are supposed to be zombies and the white man’s job is to destroy them and save humanity. “I have a job to do and I’m gonna see it through.”

This is problematic on so many levels, including the depiction of Black people as inhuman savages, the k!lling of Black people by a white man in military clothing, and the fact that this video game is marketed to children and young adults. Start them young… fearing, hating, and destroying Black people.
Capcom is crossing the line with this one. Racism is high among gamers from what I can tell. Logging on to Xbox live to play a game, I'd come across people calling me a zzzzzz and other racial slurs. You can't turn on the tv without someone sterotyping black people these days, Hip-Hop, Don Imus, Viacom (BET). Putting this game amongst ignorant people is just going to create more racial tension.

388 comments for "Aug 4 - Resident Evil 5 Promoting Racism Agaisnt Africans?"

10 years ago '06        #2
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
space
$21,789 | Props total: 173 173
its not africans god fu*k damit its hatians
 10 years ago '06        #3
King Allister 36 heat pts36
space
space
$21,789 | Props total: 173 173
ITS NOT EVEN MARKETING AT YOUNG AGES ITS fu*kING RATED M
 10 years ago '06        #4
SuppaSlick 3 heat pts
space
space
$5,748 | Props total: 1187 1187
 luda06 said:

Capcom is crossing the line with this one. Racism is high among gamers from what I can tell. Logging on to Xbox live to play a game, I'd come across people calling me a zzzzzz and other racial slurs. You can't turn on the tv without someone sterotyping black people these days, Hip-Hop, Don Imus, Viacom (BET). Putting this game amongst ignorant people is just going to create more racial tension.
Your an idiot, basically no games can take place in Africa?

Like, I understand where their coming from, but it don't make it less stupid....
 08-04-2007, 11:53 PM         #5
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SuppaSlick said:
Your an idiot, basically no games can take place in Africa?

Like, I understand where their coming from, but it don't make it less stupid....
Violence against black people with a white character? Sounds like the KKK and other hate groups have a new tool for their youth.

What happened to the racial diversity among games like this?
 08-04-2007, 11:56 PM         #6
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 King Allister said:
ITS NOT EVEN MARKETING AT YOUNG AGES ITS fu*kING RATED M
17 years of age is young. 20 years of age is young. Games in general are for the youth to enjoy. Not to mention how many of yall had older relatives buy mature games for you? Chill out.
 08-04-2007, 11:57 PM         #7
7AURELIUS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ok...........so they were supposed to make all the africans or hatians white.....that would have been racist........
 10 years ago '06        #8
Mr.Heismen 
space
space
$3,163 | Props total: 7 7
who cares i was playin re4 today and the zombies on there are speakin spanish or sumthin and they didnt say nuthin but since they look black theres a problem im black and im not trippin jus another game were i can beat the fu*k out of sum infected zombies anybody else feel me
 08-05-2007, 12:01 AM         #9
Alter_Ego  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The problem is that african americans are always looking to point the finger at the white man. There will always be racism in the world from blacks to whites to asians to indians but calling this racist is pure stupidity.
Those who condone racism are ignorant, I'm sorry for your online XBOX experience.

If this was a black marine k!lling whites do you think they would be crying racism?
 08-05-2007, 12:08 AM         #10
Eqman  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Might as well say Resident Evil 4 was racist against spaniards.
 08-05-2007, 12:12 AM         #11
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Can someone not visualize this game being used as a tool of hate and widespread ignorance? Imagine just playing online with a game like this, some guy is going to scream "Yeah k!ll those zzzzzzs!" or some other sh*t like that. It's just rediculous to imagine the results from this game's release.

Resident Evil 4 was straight to me. Not to be offensive to Spanish people, but they were along with the rest of the Europeans enslaving blacks in the Americas. They don't have the history of racial tension among others like blacks. It's just disturbing to see a Caucasion male against a group of blacks who are all disease ridden zombies.
 10 years ago '04        #12
syxx2001 
space
space
$2,809 | Props total: 168 168
One, lets nevermind the fact that most mummies are in Africa, and disregard the fact that zombies are a.ssociated with mummies. Also, lets disregard that for the last 10 years the zombies have been white. So its no racism when white people are getting k!lled?? Dont just pull the race card everytime something different is done.
 08-05-2007, 12:18 AM         #13
Eqman  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:
Can someone not visualize this game being used as a tool of hate and widespread ignorance? Imagine just playing online with a game like this, some guy is going to scream "Yeah k!ll those zzzzzzs!" or some other sh*t like that. It's just rediculous to imagine the results from this game's release.

Resident Evil 4 was straight to me. Not to be offensive to Spanish people, but they were along with the rest of the Europeans enslaving blacks in the Americas. They don't have the history of racial tension among others like blacks. It's just disturbing to see a Caucasion male against a group of blacks who are all disease ridden zombies.
i can deffinetly imagine it like that...but thats in the minds of the players. If capcom really wasn't trying to be racist they'd throw in a black protagonist. Online play has always been racist not only to blacks but to mexicans and asians (on certain occations). Capcom really should be more careful with their plots and race choice but its probably too late and would be too expensive and too impractical to change.
 10 years ago '04        #14
King Ryan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,650 | Props total: 1358 1358
I already made a thread exploiting the racist storyline of RE5, But that punkass MOD Jann Lee deleted my sh*t. It shame we are willing to overlook the bigger pictures for a few extra hours of gratification.

Residents Evil 5 Is Racist Plain and simple
 08-05-2007, 12:21 AM         #15
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 syxx2001 said:
One, lets nevermind the fact that most mummies are in Africa, and disregard the fact that zombies are a.ssociated with mummies. Also, lets disregard that for the last 10 years the zombies have been white. So its no racism when white people are getting k!lled?? Dont just pull the race card everytime something different is done.
Yet the game couldn't have a main character that is native to the home of the problem? Nope. That would have eased up the sitation the game is presenting.
 08-05-2007, 12:23 AM         #16
Mr 315  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:
so you're agaisnt racial comments but you condone to violence...can you just imagine someone yelling out "Kill that mother fu*ker!!" that seems like its promoting violence to me wouldn't you say...so if you're insulted by the game how its promoting Racism just don't play it easy as that
 08-05-2007, 12:24 AM         #17
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Eqman said:
i can deffinetly imagine it like that...but thats in the minds of the players. If capcom really wasn't trying to be racist they'd throw in a black protagonist. Online play has always been racist not only to blacks but to mexicans and asians (on certain occations). Capcom really should be more careful with their plots and race choice but its probably too late and would be too expensive and too impractical to change.
I believe Capcom had no intentions on making this game racist in any way possible. It's just that they're going to have an issue with localizing this game for the United States. I don't believe developers in Japan have much knowledge of the history of African Americans. Well they're about to find that out soon enough.
 08-05-2007, 12:29 AM         #18
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr 315 said:
so you're agaisnt racial comments but you condone to violence...can you just imagine someone yelling out "Kill that mother fu*ker!!" that seems like its promoting violence to me wouldn't you say...so if you're insulted by the game how its promoting Racism just don't play it easy as that
I condone to video game violence, but you can't just say you're a racist only when playing video games.
 10 years ago '06        #19
BTiZZLe 
space
space
$2,791 | Props total: 15 15
hah.. i wish it was racist that would make the game that much funner.. stupid mother fu*kers.. get in touch with reality.
 08-05-2007, 12:31 AM         #20
Eqman  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 luda06 said:
I condone to video game violence, but you can't just say you're a racist only when playing video games.
real TALK
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
81 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
78 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
72 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - This Colorado city declined to allow pot sales. Now it's havi..
27 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
32 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
82 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
141 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
276 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy