Jul 30 - New Study - Weed damages lungs more than tobacco

most viewed right now
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
138 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
71 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Still gonna smokin some marijuana despite this study?

Props Slaps
 07-30-2007, 11:06 PM         #41
Karl Spackler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stacks050 said:
its comin up bcuz ppl are really f!ghtin to legalize it rite now so the government has to shut that down
BINGO!

Give that man a fu*kin prize!

Not only the government shuttin it down, but companies and corporations will lose profits when legal marijuana and hemp products flood the market. On top of that, we have a Republican candidate that is in favor of legalizing weed and actually ENDING this stupid war on drugs. They wanna shut him down.

They want to inflict fear into as many people as they can.
 10 years ago '98        #42
ronnie|A 10 heat pts10
space
space
$30,192 | Props total: 3594 3594
 killnarmy said:
when in doubt....bake weed brownies
ya man... get that THC without the smoke
 07-30-2007, 11:12 PM         #43
Stop Showin Off  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I believe karl was speaking about this presidential candidate

10 years ago '04        #44
Hanif 
space
space
$526 | Props total: 0 0
damn I need to cop a vapor but they too expensive
 10 years ago '05        #45
HoviWay 
space
space
$899 | Props total: 0 0
i dont know but do they believe this is gonna make me stop smoking weed?cos it wont,and it damn sure aint making cigarettes looks better,and it damn sure aint making me believe them in the first place.....reefer madness is coming back around,jus looking more modern but guess wat,i dont care wat these fu*ks think......so basically they tellin me that the dudes who have left their healths in the hands of the fu*kin govt and these tobacco companieswho MANUFACTURE fu*kin cigarettes shud feel much better about their habit than those who smoke grass???.....i'll smokin my weed and ima still be here watchin and lisinin while they do all the research and blah blah blah......ima be right here,smokin my sh*t.........
 07-30-2007, 11:42 PM         #46
CMONEY  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
id rather smoke bunk weed then tabacco anyday...atleast theres a point to smoking weed smoking cigarettes just gets your lungs fu*ked up

weed is not something to be scared of.. weed is not even a drug. crack is a drug. if you look up the definition of a drug = a manmade product...weed is not manmade its ALL NATURAL so imma keep smokin it cuz god wants me to cuz he put it here y u think it says in the bible god gave all plants he wanted to survive seeds to reproduce

i remember i got caught up smokin when i was younger, these mother fu*kers tried to tell me it stunts your growth and sh*t tryin to scare me wit that bullsh*t get the fu*k outtahere u non smokin haters

Last edited by CMONEY; 07-30-2007 at 11:48 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #47
Sheeed 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$12,028 | Props total: 12 12
everything these days is bad for u...now they wanna say drinking milk from a cow is bad....smh
 10 years ago '04        #48
BayBuryYa 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$7,114 | Props total: 5400 5400
man i smoke weed everyday, god bless cali, but it is bad for you. especially with blunts, but inhaling anything thats combusted, if that context is correct, is potentially bad for you. you could compare living in a busy urban city or living in some parts of oakland and say its worse than smokin a joint a day. 1 in 5 kids living in West Oakland have asthma and thats just from the port being nearby.
And if this is such a big deal and weed is so bad for your lungs, like they said, why the f*ck is the sh*t that is more dangerous, cigs, not illegal? oh yeah lobbyist.
tobacky has big tobacco to defend their profits and interest, some rich white people need to form big bud or somethin. and i said white cause a bunch of negroes marchin on Washington sayin weed should be legal will just lead to more blacks behind bars.
 10 years ago '07        #49
boxden813 
space
space
$246 | Props total: 8 8
what is your lungs connected to? "You.." stupid F*ck
 07-31-2007, 12:30 AM         #50
utkhimself  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Weed doesnt effect the ability to remove waste products from the lungs because that mechanism is the work of cilia. The reason tobacco does this is because of nicotine which weed doesnt contain. That is why heavy weed smokers hack up sh*t inside of phlegm all the time its not a dry cough. Congestion slightly lowers the max respiratory volume but not to a dangerous degree.

The fine small airways that are discussed are called alvolei and they are not constricted or reduced by the smoking of weed. If it did this than it would cause emphysema which it doesnt(even says it in the article). It actually expands the brionchioles. Bronchitis may occur but its acute bronchitis and not chronic bronchitis.

Tobacco's tars form a hard layer over the lungs and for every year of smoking it takes 3 years for the tar to go away. Smoking weed for a year takes 3 months to go away comparitively. Weed expands the bronchioles while making the user cough which expels excess phlegm and tar rather easily. Also people who smoke cigs smore far more cigs than weed because the effects of cigs last for about 5-10 mins while weed lasts 3-4 hours.

that was a propoganda repeat like the one from the 70's with a group of a mere 399 participants. Donald tashkins(pulmonoligist at UCLA) 30 year study of 1,209 participants concluded in 2006 that even the heaviest smokers wouldnt recieve more than congestion . new zealands drug problem has caused them to waste their money to recycle some old garbage propoganda. All you dumbasses spreading lies need to stop.

Hate for the uneducated thread started for his poll. Peace and Dank I'm out
 10 years ago '07        #51
boxden813 
space
space
$246 | Props total: 8 8
read what utk replied.....Tobacco's tars form a hard layer over the lungs and for every year of smoking it takes 3 years for the tar to go away. Smoking weed for a year takes 3 months to go away comparitively... "im out as well"
 07-31-2007, 12:41 AM         #52
utkhimself  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr 315 said:
i heard some sh*t like 1 joint equals 10 cigarettes some sh*t like that some1 fill me in is that true...?
Dont be a fool they were comparing the tar of a canabis leaf, which no one smokes, to tobacco. Bud actually contains 33% less tar than tobacco but the bottom line was that the tar in tobacco is not usually what k!lls you. What k!lls you in tobacco is the accumulation of polonium 210 that is uptaken through the soil of commercial tobacco due to the fertilizer used. Polonium 210 has a long enough half life to accumulate in the human body and cause cancers. When rats were exposed to polonium alone it caused tumors. Another reason is because the receptor sites used by tobacco to uptake nicotine are located in the lungs rather than thc which has protein receptor sites located in the brain called CB1 and CB2 receptors. The use of these cells in the lungs causes them not to die when they are supposed to because they are being used for a function. This longer lifespan allows the cells to live long enough to become tumors. Weeds mild anti tumor properties and the fact that its receptor sites arent located in the lungs means that this is yet another way that weed doesnt cause cancer. I could go on all day but if you dont get the point by now than you are hopeless.
 07-31-2007, 12:50 AM         #53
JAYMETRO  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:finger:
 07-31-2007, 01:52 AM         #54
SleepyThug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This article = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzz
 10 years ago '04        #55
Thepeoplerunnin 
space
space
space
$4,208 | Props total: 0 0
STOPSHOWINGOFF YOU SON OF A bi*ch!!!!!!!!

Im gonna light a hunny dutch, put you in the camel clutch, then fu*k you in the a.ss with the dutch and make you humble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 07-31-2007, 03:22 AM         #56
supapat  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nobody knows whats good or bad...i kno too many old muthfu*kas who smoke cig everyday, so i kno the weed gotta b betta, the 2 oldest peolpe in the world both smoke weeed, but it gotta b that bomb
 10 years ago '05        #57
Toy Solja 
space
space
$1,712 | Props total: 61 61
[QUOTE=deeznutz;10120834]thats not a new study you fu*king idiot! this has been known for years and years now so why are you trying to act like its a new discovery. and stop trying to downplay weed and how good it is.

weed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you and your whole useless family[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause:
 10 years ago '05        #58
Link4444 
space
space
$1,008 | Props total: 30 30
i use a vaporiser. those studies dont mean sh*t to me. im smoking pure THC in air homey.

get one.
 10 years ago '06        #59
Menelek 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,196 | Props total: 269 269
 Stop Showin Off said:
You didn't read did you?

It doesn't say weed is worse for you than cigarettes, it says its worse for your lungs idiot
Dam Bro If U Believe That Ciggarattes, Which Under Its Plant name Tobbacco, is Defined as Poison, is Less Harmful Than Smoking Weed, a natural Herb, In Tobacco Paper, Then your Crazy.

Not To Mention all the chemicals they put in addition the already Poisonious, Tobacco.

This is just another example of Government Propaganda use To sway the niave young persons or fretful parents.

If Weed was Good enough for King Solomon (author of Proverbs) then its good enough for anybody.

Weed has never k!lled anyone. Yet they continue to Put out Propaganda Thats its harmful.

Yet these same Ppl make it Legal for you to Drink Alchohol and Smoke Ciggarates. Both, Drugs that Can k!ll You or leave you with serious problems.

Fact. Liqour Poison k!lled Alexander The Homo.

Look up all Drugs in the Dictionary and what do you notice.

Last edited by Menelek; 07-31-2007 at 04:05 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #60
Big Moon Dawg 
space
space
$3,126 | Props total: 1 1
live and let live

fu*k your poll
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
184 comments
24 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
75 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
66 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
51 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
62 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
20 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy