Mayweather vs. Hatton Dec. 8th

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
74 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
149 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #121
DPGUNIT 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,247 | Props total: 4 4
Man.......I'd usually roll with Floyd but...I think Hatton got this one, he will make Floyd have to step up and f!ght him
 10 years ago '05        #122
Sizzler01 8 heat pts OP
space
space
$5,058 | Props total: 984 984
Hatton promises relentless display against Mayweather
October 18, 2007

By Mark Staniforth Special to PA SportsTicker

Ricky Hatton insists he will not let Floyd Mayweather off the hook for a single second when the pair clash in their huge WBC welterweight title showdown in Las Vegas on December 8.

Hatton has been poring over tapes of the self-styled 'Pretty Boy' in action and has come to the conclusion his famous come-forward style is perfect to dethrone the sport's pound-for-pound number one f!ghter.

ADVERTISEMENT
Hatton is currently midway through his grueling 13-week training regime at his gym in Manchester.

"My heart will explode before I leave him alone for a single second," Hatton said. "I intend to put the pressure on him right from the start and leave plenty of gas in the tank for the last six rounds. I have no doubts that as fast as he goes back, I will go forward just as fast."

Hatton has taken particular heart from Mayweather's performance in his first f!ght against Jose Luis Castillo - the big-punching Mexican whom Hatton demolished in four rounds in Las Vegas in June.

By contrast, Mayweather struggled against the come-forward Castillo and was considered highly fortunate by many observers to escape with a unanimous decision victory.

"Floyd has been at the top of his game for a long time now and I probably know more about his style of f!ghting than most f!ghters out there," Hatton said. "I have been constantly watching his tapes and know his strengths and weaknesses. It is very pleasing for me to see that the f!ght in which he was least comfortable was his first f!ght with Castillo.

Hatton took note of Castillo's success against Mayweather.

"Castillo was able to bully him into the ropes," Hatton said. "Castillo is not stronger than me and was able to do that and Oscar De La Hoya also put the pressure on and he didn't like it.

"I understand I'm the underdog in this f!ght but in his f!ghts against pressure f!ghters he looks less comfortable. "As far as I'm concerned, he is going to have to knock me out to win - he can't outpoint me."
 10 years ago '04        #123
T-Styles 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,182 | Props total: 0 0
how can anyone say Hatton will win? DID ANY OF YOU WATCH COLLAZO BEAT HIS a.ss? Collazo won that f!ght, Hatton has no chance.
 10 years ago '07        #124
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,021 | Props total: 30265 30265
 T-Styles said:
how can anyone say Hatton will win? DID ANY OF YOU WATCH COLLAZO BEAT HIS a.ss? Collazo won that f!ght, Hatton has no chance.
No one is saying Hatton is better than PBF... at least no sane person. IMO what people mean is, Hatton has a chance to win the f!ght. There is a difference.

Inside the ring, there is NOTHING that Hatton can do better than PBF. However, PBF's seeming loss of focus (dancing with the stars), probable over-confidence, age (he doesn't f!ght/move the same anymore), and some weaknesses we've seen over his past few f!ghts..... gives Hatton a chance. Not to mention, how much dirty f!ghting will the ref let Hatton get away with?

I went and rewatched PBF vs. Corrales and PBF v. De La Hoya. The biggest thing I noticed is that PBF f!ghts flat footed now. This has to do with age and 15lbs of weight gain. AS we all know, most boxers turn old "over night", and it usually starts at around 30. Also, when most older f!ghters lose... it's usually to a pressure f!ghter.
 10 years ago '04        #125
..:Fame:.. 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,116 | Props total: 954 954
Hatton is a good f!ghter and a very hard puncher . But Mayweather is gonna beat his a.ss. There is no maybe about it Thats whats going to happen .

No 3 page paragraph about each f!ghter just whats gonnna happen flat out .
 10 years ago '04        #126
T-Styles 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,182 | Props total: 0 0
 stogz said:
No one is saying Hatton is better than PBF... at least no sane person. IMO what people mean is, Hatton has a chance to win the f!ght. There is a difference.

Inside the ring, there is NOTHING that Hatton can do better than PBF. However, PBF's seeming loss of focus (dancing with the stars), probable over-confidence, age (he doesn't f!ght/move the same anymore), and some weaknesses we've seen over his past few f!ghts..... gives Hatton a chance. Not to mention, how much dirty f!ghting will the ref let Hatton get away with?

I went and rewatched PBF vs. Corrales and PBF v. De La Hoya. The biggest thing I noticed is that PBF f!ghts flat footed now. This has to do with age and 15lbs of weight gain. AS we all know, most boxers turn old "over night", and it usually starts at around 30. Also, when most older f!ghters lose... it's usually to a pressure f!ghter.

actually in this thread, there ARE actually a few people saying Hatton is better than Mayweather... All i've been hearing for the past couple years is Hatton WILL be the one to beat Floyd. After watching Hatton's last couple f!ghts, I don't see it. Floyd may not be an exciting f!ghter, but Hatton will not be able to beat him.
 10 years ago '07        #127
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,021 | Props total: 30265 30265
 T-Styles said:
actually in this thread, there ARE actually a few people saying Hatton is better than Mayweather... All i've been hearing for the past couple years is Hatton WILL be the one to beat Floyd. After watching Hatton's last couple f!ghts, I don't see it. Floyd may not be an exciting f!ghter, but Hatton will not be able to beat him.
like I said... "at least no sane person".

The only thing I give Hatton's camp credit for is... at least they are doing what they said. A couple of years ago when the bi*chED out of a f!ght with PBF.. they said, that they would get to him in 3 or 4 f!ghts. They said they wanted Hatton to f!ght 3 f!ghts in America before going for PBF.
 10 years ago '06        #128
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,975 | Props total: 3992 3992
Just finished watching Mayweather-Hatton 24/7 on HBO... I'm hyped. I wanna see pus*y Boy Floyd get his a.ss handed to him, but I'm a LITTLE unsure about Hatton's f!ghting... he looks like a brawler. If Floyd wins, it'll be by POINTS.
 11-20-2007, 05:40 AM         #129
pothead 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This has all the hallmarks of a classic , PBF can run but , for twelve rounds ??
 11-20-2007, 06:43 PM         #130
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
Just finished watching Mayweather-Hatton 24/7 on HBO... I'm hyped. I wanna see pus*y Boy Floyd get his a.ss handed to him, but I'm a LITTLE unsure about Hatton's f!ghting... he looks like a brawler. If Floyd wins, it'll be by POINTS.
Is that Hattons trainer in your avatar?

The guy's funny as fu*k He reps the Salford ghetto hard; Was a rich suburbian area populated by mainly Jewish people last time i've checked
 11-20-2007, 06:46 PM         #131
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm going against the grain and predicting a flop of a f!ght.

Hatton will end up going back to his wrestling tactics, while Mayweather will stay on his backfoot all night.

Mayweather on points, 12 rounds of boredom.
 10 years ago '06        #132
space
space
 r a n c i d said:

The guy's funny as fu*k He reps the Salford ghetto hard; Was a rich suburbian area populated by mainly Jewish people last time i've checked
Word up. He's an interesting character... reminds me of my uncle. You don't know WHEN he's gonna k!ll you. Has that "fu*k off" look on his mug 24/7.

r a n c i d said:
I'm going against the grain and predicting a flop of a f!ght.

Hatton will end up going back to his wrestling tactics, while Mayweather will stay on his backfoot all night.

Mayweather on points, 12 rounds of boredom.

^^Let's hope not. But of course he's gonna stay away and "box" I mean he did it against DLH, his toughest rival. He's a clown and a flake on his word ("I'm going TO him") that's why I want him KO'd.
 10 years ago '06        #133
space
space
Oh btw, Rancid you should watch "Mayweather-Hatton 24/7" on HBO. Love behind the scenes stuff like that... show is dope, I'm hyped.

First episode:

Last edited by Storchaveli; 11-20-2007 at 09:02 PM..
 11-21-2007, 06:02 AM         #134
Sonny 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r a n c i d said:

Would say that looks like a geezer mate, not like rich jew. But that's just me, I'm not from Manchester so. I'd not muck about in most big cities in North of the UK but that's just me, you lot go MADD.
 11-21-2007, 12:09 PM         #135
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nah he is a geezer lol, just saying he was going on about Salford like it was a really really bad area where nobody is safe.

Just saying it's a nice area from my experiances... Not to say it doesn't have its sh*t-holes like everywhere else, but seems nice on the whole.

And i'm from North of England myself, so i'm good... Only about 30-40 minutes drive from Salford ;) Good job for the most part i catch the bus through it, wouldn't want to be walking home nekkid lol
 11-21-2007, 12:10 PM         #136
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Where abouts Northside have you been in England, sonny?
 11-22-2007, 06:36 AM         #137
Sonny 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Never been there, mate. But I've worked with people from Lpool and Glsgow, and some smaller places I don't remember. Great people. My family never could afford getting over, so I'm thinking a year over there for studies, but then I'll be switching awful weather for awful weather, he he.
 11-22-2007, 09:31 AM         #138
Scorp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
some of salford is proper sh*t to be fair, it's in the regeneration limbo

check out what said about pbf if he wore his 'bling' in salford

PBF riled by Hatton taunts
Hatton-Mayweather exclusively live on Sky Box Office & HD, Ch755/756

Last updated: 22nd November 2007
PBF riled by Hatton taunts

Mayweather: Gunning for Hatton
HOW TO BOOK THE f!ght
Ricky Hatton v Floyd Mayweather
Exclusively live on Sky Box Office
14.95 (UK) and €21.95 (ROI)
Call 08705 800 888 or
Click here for full details
Also see

* How to book
* Bet on the f!ght
* The masterplan
* Forums

A Ricky Hatton taunt finally goaded Floyd Mayweather into their December 8 megaf!ght.

Manchester's Hitman will do battle with boxing's P4P king at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

It's a bout that always looked likely to happen, maybe just not quite so soon.

But the wait was finally ended in the aftermath of Hatton's fourth-round knockout of Jose Luis Castillo back in June.

The Hitman took the HBO microphone in the Thomas & Mack Center ring and told the crowd: "You saw more excitement in those four rounds than you've seen in Floyd's whole career."

According to Leonard Ellerbe, Mayweather's trusted advisor, that was the moment when the 'Pretty Boy' finally cracked and decided it was time to meet Hatton in the ring.

Ellerbe told HBO's Mayweather/Hatton 24/7 series: "When Hatton said that on HBO, Floyd looked at me and said: 'Make the f***ing f!ght happen."

Spanked

Mayweather himself now says: "Ricky Hatton should just be appreciative that I'm giving him the opportunity. He gonna get his a.ss spanked.

"All he's fought is a lot of journeyman. My 0 ain't gonna go but his is."

Now we're into the final countdown to the f!ght itself, and Mayweather has again been talking about his troubled relationship with father Floyd Sr.

Again on 24/7 he revealed: "I really want to thank my father, so so much. As a kid he used to beat me, he used to beat me for no reason. All I wanted was that one-on-one time. That's the reason why I probably take it out on my opponents to this day."

The Pretty Boy is known for his love of blling, and often wears more than $1million in jewellery.

But Hatton trainer Billy Graham says that would have cost him dear where he was brought up - on the tough streets of Salford.

He said: "If he walked round where I'm from with that fur coat and all that bling and jewellery he'd have been stripped nekkid."

Hatton himself meanwhile, down to earth as ever, says simply of Mayweather: "Everybody knows he's a great f!ghter, why does he have to keep telling everybody?"
 11-22-2007, 12:07 PM         #139
the_manc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Salford were in worst ten places in UK to live a couple of years ago but they've really gone big on the re generation now load of swanky flats even a 5star hotel but most of thats in certain areas think rough areas outnumber posh ones but i live in stockport so dont really go salford much except for united games.
Cant believe hatton's gym is open to public to watch on think tuesdays and thursdays, used to be all week but they said it got too busy, wouldnt be able to get in there now for all press about.
Sums him up tho always wants to be approachable to fans, never seen him out but me mate seen him in a bar on night out and said he was a sound bloke.
 11-22-2007, 01:43 PM         #140
r a n c i d 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 the_manc said:
Salford were in worst ten places in UK to live a couple of years ago but they've really gone big on the re generation now load of swanky flats even a 5star hotel but most of thats in certain areas think rough areas outnumber posh ones but i live in stockport so dont really go salford much except for united games.
Cant believe hatton's gym is open to public to watch on think tuesdays and thursdays, used to be all week but they said it got too busy, wouldnt be able to get in there now for all press about.
Sums him up tho always wants to be approachable to fans, never seen him out but me mate seen him in a bar on night out and said he was a sound bloke.
Was up in Stockport the other week watching Sale Sharks play... Nice people(from the bus station to the grounds that is), i was told by alot of people in the pub to stay clear of the youths hanging around near McDonalds.

But nah... Top 10 worst means nothing. My Town was in top 20 this year... Reason i don't rate it, is because it's filled with annorexic chavs in the 'bad areas'... They're mainly kids too...
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy