Common - Findind Forever (2007)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What Do You Think
1 Mic 12 3.45%
2 Mics 2 0.57%
3 Mics 31 8.91%
4 Mics 138 39.66%
5 Mics 165 47.41%
Voters: 348. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 10 years ago '04        #141
KillaKell_01 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,601 | Props total: 41 41
Black Maybe = One of Commons best songs EVER.....
 10 years ago '07        #142
MansoMane 32 heat pts32
space
space
space
$256 | Props total: 375 375
 HermesJT said:
not as good as BE, in my opinion. The tracks are all about the same thing, there's not a real diversity like some of his other tunes. LWFC had that. EC had that. Hell, even Can I Borrow A Dollar? had that... this one, let's go thru the tracklist:

1. Intro -nice like way to set it off, but i think it's too long
2. Start the Show (feat. Kanye West) [prod. by Kanye West] - hype a.ss track, feeling it, this should be the first song. It's a brag joint.
3. The People (feat. Dwele) [prod. by Kanye West] - about empowerment and the everyday people, kinda like a response to that Arrested Development joint.
4. Driving Me Wild (feat. Lily Allen) [prod. by Kanye West] - about love. the first taste of it on the album. i started to fall for this song after listening enough.
5. I Want You [prod. by will.i.am] - one of my faves. alas, it's about love again. i kno love is a broad thing (no pun intended) but it always seems so regular, like boy meets girl, falls in love... this is a lot like Kick Push in my opinion. That song had a gimmick. this one dont.
6. Southside (feat. Kanye West) [prod. by Kanye West] - i wish the instru would stick to the sounds in the beginning, it goes in a bad direction, and the rock orchestration doesnt work for me. About Chicago, i like to hear this, not as good as ChiCity tho.
7. The Game (feat. scratches by DJ Premier) [prod. by Kanye West] - this is a song i can proudly say deserves to be top track of the summer. It's a f!ghting song, but has got some intellectual lyrics in there, and some nice wordplay.
8. Black Maybe (feat. Bilal) [prod. by Kanye West] - very critical and nice. very good tune about racism and the difference between what it means to be black and white.
9. So Far To Go (feat. D'Angelo) [prod. by J Dilla] - heard it on the Dilla jam, and can't say i was impressed to see it again. I like D, but this just didnt hit it for me. whats this song about anyways? sounds like love again..
10. Break My Heart [prod. by Kanye West] - love done bad. The lyrics with the kanye "ingl-ay" structure are terrible. the beat is hot, but this track about heartbreak is jus not good.
11. Misunderstood [prod. by Devo Springsteen] - i think this joint is about love too... sample is aiight, but coulda been done a bit better i think.
12. Forever Begins [prod. by Kanye West] - dont like this jam, he dont sound good and the beat is boring. but this is where he shines lyrically and conceptually. he saves the best for last i guess, but he ran out of steam by the time he got there.

and that last joint wasnt on my copy. I've heard it, and i think it's solid, but again, not on my bought copy (you cats fronting the artists downloadin and not supporting).

A lot of his tunes are about love, he has more diversity than i gave him credit for tho, my bad. But all the love songs have the same vibe. Gets boring to listen to, not that i aint like an uplifting song about ello vee-ee, jus there's only so much time for it.

I voted a 3. and understand i love comm and his music, i think he's a great role model for the children and a real icon in the hip hop game. and he's a renaissance man, doin movies n stuff, i dig that.

BE was the superior album. Overall, i could bump it front to back and love the whole thing. maybe it was in the sequencing of FF....
Co-sign. I couldn't help but feel let down by this album somewhat. Maybe my expectations were too high.
 11-28-2007, 07:23 AM         #143
bullis  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
common is whack! great album
 12-04-2007, 04:07 AM         #144
shageer2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dope album, i've been a fan of common when he was beefin with Ice Cube, so to see him grow like this is ridiculous, Props to kanye for jump startin his career again, it's like he's 2 rappers, cuz there's 2 completely different styles and lyrics and content its crazy, You got the old school, hiphop lovin common, and the new fashion, love filled, rappin about todays struggles, and emotions, common so it's been tight to watch him grow this much, and then sort of have a re-birth in the rap game. Classic album 5/5. Peace
 10 years ago '08        #145
fourxlt 
space
space
space
$76 | Props total: 0 0
This is the best album of the year, hands down
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 8 - Tom Down! TV One Cancels NewsOne Now Bye Bye Roland
41 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago