Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
47 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

What Do You Think
1 Mic 12 3.45%
2 Mics 2 0.57%
3 Mics 31 8.91%
4 Mics 138 39.66%
5 Mics 165 47.41%
Voters: 348. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 08-15-2007, 04:22 PM         #121
theone2g  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
amazing album, much better than Be, best album this year so far..easily a 5.
 08-23-2007, 12:55 AM         #122
Ryder248  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
black maybe is that deal
 10 years ago '05        #123
prolifick 
space
space
$531 | Props total: 0 0
4 or 4.5.... great album one of the best if not the best hip hop album to drop this year yet. i didnt want to spoil myself a download it early, because i just think it ruins the experience of buying it, which i did the first day it dropped. i like it more and more everytime that i listen to it. im glad he was number 1 on the billboard charts it's first week out he definitely deserves it. if u COP it if u LOVE IT and support good music.
 08-25-2007, 08:17 PM         #124
AlCapone  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
can't get enough of this
 08-25-2007, 08:28 PM         #125
`·.¤KINGGS¤.·´  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HHS said:
I've been trying to get into it more, but I still can't hear the supposed greatness, it's one of Common's worst albums, I'd say 3 1/2.
yeah, he doesn't say ANYTHING on this album that he hasn't said before. This time around the production isn't that bad, but still isn't the best.
 10 years ago '04        #126
Mike T 136 heat pts136
space
space
$12,878 | Props total: 18463 18463
BE was better
 08-25-2007, 11:29 PM         #127
Tagalog  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
another str8 fire album
 10 years ago '05        #128
whiz 
space
space
$1,052 | Props total: 0 0
always hated Common...dude sounded boring as fu*k to me

this album made me open my eyes...i even bought it and now i'm lovin this!
real nice change from all the bay area and dirty south sh*t i prefer...

anyway, this is a 5/5 to me...production is great and Common brings some to the table...fav track is oddly enough the one with the british chick...

ps: bought me "Be" for 4 bucks aswell and i gotta say i like that one too, but Finding Forever is the better of the two i think
 10 years ago '04        #129
jigdagod 
space
space
$553 | Props total: 0 0
CLASSIC......compared to 80% of the trash put out daily....C O double M O N is keep it fresh like always. Didn't miss a beat on this album. I'm waiting for a stellar album from him, Mos Def and Kweli still I know they working on something...sh*t you can throw Ye in there too he's spitting that real sh*t too. EASY
 08-31-2007, 06:17 PM         #130
SubSirface  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I gave it 3....essentially because this album tends to be a bit generic, compared to the classics Resurrection and Be!
 09-03-2007, 12:02 PM         #131
HermesJT  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
not as good as BE, in my opinion. The tracks are all about the same thing, there's not a real diversity like some of his other tunes. LWFC had that. EC had that. Hell, even Can I Borrow A Dollar? had that... this one, let's go thru the tracklist:

1. Intro -nice like way to set it off, but i think it's too long
2. Start the Show (feat. Kanye West) [prod. by Kanye West] - hype a.ss track, feeling it, this should be the first song. It's a brag joint.
3. The People (feat. Dwele) [prod. by Kanye West] - about empowerment and the everyday people, kinda like a response to that Arrested Development joint.
4. Driving Me Wild (feat. Lily Allen) [prod. by Kanye West] - about love. the first taste of it on the album. i started to fall for this song after listening enough.
5. I Want You [prod. by will.i.am] - one of my faves. alas, it's about love again. i kno love is a broad thing (no pun intended) but it always seems so regular, like boy meets girl, falls in love... this is a lot like Kick Push in my opinion. That song had a gimmick. this one dont.
6. Southside (feat. Kanye West) [prod. by Kanye West] - i wish the instru would stick to the sounds in the beginning, it goes in a bad direction, and the rock orchestration doesnt work for me. About Chicago, i like to hear this, not as good as ChiCity tho.
7. The Game (feat. scratches by DJ Premier) [prod. by Kanye West] - this is a song i can proudly say deserves to be top track of the summer. It's a f!ghting song, but has got some intellectual lyrics in there, and some nice wordplay.
8. Black Maybe (feat. Bilal) [prod. by Kanye West] - very critical and nice. very good tune about racism and the difference between what it means to be black and white.
9. So Far To Go (feat. D'Angelo) [prod. by J Dilla] - heard it on the Dilla jam, and can't say i was impressed to see it again. I like D, but this just didnt hit it for me. whats this song about anyways? sounds like love again..
10. Break My Heart [prod. by Kanye West] - love done bad. The lyrics with the kanye "ingl-ay" structure are terrible. the beat is hot, but this track about heartbreak is jus not good.
11. Misunderstood [prod. by Devo Springsteen] - i think this joint is about love too... sample is aiight, but coulda been done a bit better i think.
12. Forever Begins [prod. by Kanye West] - dont like this jam, he dont sound good and the beat is boring. but this is where he shines lyrically and conceptually. he saves the best for last i guess, but he ran out of steam by the time he got there.

and that last joint wasnt on my copy. I've heard it, and i think it's solid, but again, not on my bought copy (you cats fronting the artists downloadin and not supporting).

A lot of his tunes are about love, he has more diversity than i gave him credit for tho, my bad. But all the love songs have the same vibe. Gets boring to listen to, not that i aint like an uplifting song about ello vee-ee, jus there's only so much time for it.

I voted a 3. and understand i love comm and his music, i think he's a great role model for the children and a real icon in the hip hop game. and he's a renaissance man, doin movies n stuff, i dig that.

BE was the superior album. Overall, i could bump it front to back and love the whole thing. maybe it was in the sequencing of FF....
 10 years ago '07        #132
robwb88 1 heat pts
space
space
$604 | Props total: 25 25
cold album
 10 years ago '04        #133
djinferno 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,227 | Props total: 34 34
solid
 09-13-2007, 09:50 AM         #134
Dj Polo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i like this cd
 09-19-2007, 12:27 AM         #135
LeoWhoa  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
be was much better but still good music
 09-29-2007, 12:09 PM         #136
AlexG1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this album is amazin...i havent liked a album this much since i got......................goddamn i cant even think of one.....

probably me against the world by tupac but i got that sh*t years ago
 10 years ago '07        #137
fabianj 
space
space
$281 | Props total: 32 32
real deep!
 10 years ago '06        #138
ANOMOLIE 
space
space
$248 | Props total: 1 1
I know I'm kinda late but this album is a classic. Common really came through. I give Finding Forever a slight edge over Be.
 11-22-2007, 04:12 PM         #139
bgman0600  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Strong album. I don't think it's better than be or one day it'll all make sense. i won't even compare it to resurrection. between this and the last album, common's showing a consistency that's getting rare.
 10 years ago '07        #140
Prospect Boy 
space
space
$1,721 | Props total: 120 120
This was another great album that Common put out. Like Water for Chocolate is my favorite from him, but this one is just as good to me. He is one of the realist artists in the game. The lyrics and content are on point in my opinion. 4 out of 5 for me.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
42 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
99 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
64 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
266 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
175 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
72 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside NBA2K18 Is Removing User Made Content From The Game
36 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
30 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy