Jul 18 - 50 Cent says Nas should stop reading books

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
53 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
12 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
60 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
44 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Is 50 right

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #81
thaillest719 
space
space
$2,310 | Props total: 50 50
I really dont understand 50. It makes no sense.
 10 years ago '04        #82
young_emay 
space
space
$553 | Props total: 3 3
3 words DONT BODY YOURSELF yo im a madd fan of 50 but nas is lyrically insane listen to dont body yaself

Last edited by young_emay; 07-19-2007 at 09:53 PM..
 07-19-2007, 10:24 PM         #83
vagurl02  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr.Big Deal said:
50 Cent has a few words of advice for Nas in the new issue of XXL: put down the book. When asked, "What percentage of MCs in hip-hop do you think are actually intelligent?" 50 replied: "You have different kinds of people. You have people that are extremely book-smart that lack common sense, so they don't know what's going to affect their audience. ... For instance, Nas is a really smart guy. He reads books constantly. We were around him on the Nastradamus tour. He was almost weirder than me 'cause we would go to breakfast and he'd be there reading a book. Conceptually, I think that's what made him drift away from what his initial audience enjoys from him and why he's not hot right now." In the interview, 50 also insisted Jim Jones should be running Dipset — he's "a more credible artist than Cam'ron is," 50 said — revealed that he's been trying to hook up with M.O.P. and admitted that he doesn't eat cookies because he's looking after his weight. ...

Source-MTV

This is the same mentality that a lot of African-Americans suffer from, and it's bullsh*t. Reading is corny, gay, and square. What the hell happened to being intelligent and street smart? No one should have to fit into one box because life is full of variety. 50 Cent sounds ignorant. NAS is one of the throwbacks to the conscious rappers that came before him that managed to blend African-American history and politics with decent beats. So 50 is the corny a.ss one because he's playing into all of the typical stereotypes. I hope that NAS keeps on doing his thing.
 07-19-2007, 10:48 PM         #84
midori90  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ibNuttin04 said:
On one hand.. i want nas to just obliterate him with lyrics..

on the other hand.. nas might be to grown for that
DAMN SKIPPY:iagree:
 07-19-2007, 11:04 PM         #85
Hurricane Ra  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Everyone knows he just pretends to read for show. He was just getting to hope on someones else's d*ck. He must been in his wannabe Tupac stage
 07-19-2007, 11:14 PM         #86
keioss01  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LYTE said:
CO-SIGNS BOTH^^ either way it's k!llin 50.

if he spits, he'll murder him(50). plus once nas come at 50 DIRECTLY, im willing to bet that 100 rappers will follow out of respect for nas.

2. nas not even ACKNOWLEDGING 50, is makin 50 look stupid. but wat 50 said makes sense slightly.
i agree....

so, basically.. thread ovr...
 10 years ago '06        #87
RAZAH CUTS 5844 heat pts5844
space
space
$54,098 | Props total: 18958 18958
this n*gga's a pure hypocrite and moron.....

nas got away from the music that his core audience liked huh? Yeah n*gga riiiiiight.....and you did what exactly after GRODT??
 07-20-2007, 12:34 AM         #88
fLiPKiDD253  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 luvz himself sum nas
 10 years ago '04        #89
H.N.I.C. 
space
space
space
$2,946 | Props total: 211 211
 Dead Prezidents said:
Am I the only one reading this who doesnt take it as a diss?

He just said that Nas is one of the few rappers that's really smart. Sounds like a compliment to me.

He just basically said that him being all preachy and intelectual stuff made Nas lose the momentum that he use to have. He's really just saying that if anyone in general wants to sell rap records you have to dumb it down.
basically
 10 years ago '04        #90
digicron 
space
space
$206 | Props total: 0 0
lyrically nas k!lls 50
 10 years ago '05        #91
MeziaaL 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,469 | Props total: 2489 2489
 Dead Prezidents said:
Am I the only one reading this who doesnt take it as a diss?

He just said that Nas is one of the few rappers that's really smart. Sounds like a compliment to me.

He just basically said that him being all preachy and intelectual stuff made Nas lose the momentum that he use to have. He's really just saying that if anyone in general wants to sell rap records you have to dumb it down.
I know, i thought i read it wrong looking at these comments..
 10 years ago '04        #92
Djkommish6 
space
space
$2,973 | Props total: 66 66
why should you dumb down??? What because the public IS DUMB!!! I think so...Keep doing your thing Nas!!!!
 10 years ago '07        #93
Jeet Kune Do 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,073 | Props total: 1845 1845
w/o beef 50 cant sell, thats why he always sayin sh*t bout somebody
 10 years ago '04        #94
jomarie 
space
space
$728 | Props total: 1 1
"Vitamin Water, Ladies Gentlemen, Vitamin Water! It Doesn't Even Matter No More!" - Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson
 10 years ago '06        #95
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,218 | Props total: 758 758
 SeanP said:
 07-21-2007, 05:20 PM         #96
hersh  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 has more money than me, nas has more money than me. they must be smarter than most of us. =/
 10 years ago '06        #97
Mintz 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,218 | Props total: 758 758
 ALLSCREWEDUP said:
hes gotta poynt . . . reeding is fukin borin . . .
 10 years ago '05        #98
hustlehard365 
space
space
space
$3,362 | Props total: 885 885
people on here to quick to jump down on 50 did u even understand or atleast read nething past the title of the thread..hes sayin when ur a person who is very smart u go over the heads of your fans how many people would understand a rap song by nas on the theory of relativity or a alot of math theorom and science laws and for that matter who want to listen to it. some people dont even know what those are if they do know what it is they know its super boring. u have to have simple rymes for simple people which is y this is y im hot was the biggest record this year followed by ay bay bay im very well educated but i dont want hear educational sh*t when i pop in my ipod earphones
 07-21-2007, 06:03 PM         #99
steeluv  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WHO GIVE A fu*k ABOUT 50 CENT?
 10 years ago '07        #100
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
typical fif...album drop..he name drop
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy