Jul 18 - 50 Cent says Nas should stop reading books

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
13 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Is 50 right

Props Slaps
 07-18-2007, 03:54 PM         #41
supaflie  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr.Big Deal said:
50 Cent has a few words of advice for Nas in the new issue of XXL: put down the book. When asked, "What percentage of MCs in hip-hop do you think are actually intelligent?" 50 replied: "You have different kinds of people. You have people that are extremely book-smart that lack common sense, so they don't know what's going to affect their audience. ... For instance, Nas is a really smart guy. He reads books constantly. We were around him on the Nastradamus tour. He was almost weirder than me 'cause we would go to breakfast and he'd be there reading a book. Conceptually, I think that's what made him drift away from what his initial audience enjoys from him and why he's not hot right now." In the interview, 50 also insisted Jim Jones should be running Dipset — he's "a more credible artist than Cam'ron is," 50 said — revealed that he's been trying to hook up with M.O.P. and admitted that he doesn't eat cookies because he's looking after his weight. ...

Source-MTV

just because you sell millions dont make you nice, wheres the power of the dollar 50 cent he was hot man, now in days it doesnt take much to be considered hot or sell records, listen and watch he came in the game with his own style and continues to do what he wants not what the audience. Now thats a true mc, all of nas's albums are hot. To remember in a competition you are only as good as your competition and now him is tarnished.

Last edited by supaflie; 07-18-2007 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: typo
 07-18-2007, 03:56 PM         #42
the hater  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
massacre was a 5 mic masterpeice
 10 years ago '05        #43
clarence1986 
space
space
$4,551 | Props total: 5 5
wasn't a diss, just said Nas goes over most n*ggas head cuz unfortunately most n*ggas are dumb
 07-18-2007, 04:05 PM         #44
bigfudzzy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[MAD]50 is entitled to his opinion, has what you are pursuing, and I'm willing to bet cash that you are a white-boy using the net as a vehicle to use the word "n*gga"[/MAD]
 10 years ago '04        #45
9thFloorManiac 
space
space
$570 | Props total: 13 13
 Dead Prezidents said:
Am I the only one reading this who doesnt take it as a diss?

He just said that Nas is one of the few rappers that's really smart. Sounds like a compliment to me.

He just basically said that him being all preachy and intelectual stuff made Nas lose the momentum that he use to have. He's really just saying that if anyone in general wants to sell rap records you have to dumb it down.
^^^one of the only people who understood besides myself. I agree wholeheartedly with what u just said.
 07-18-2007, 04:09 PM         #46
bigfudzzy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
None of y'all know 50 or Nas, groupie a.ss, fantasizing hoes. Yea, A guy can be a bigga hoe
 10 years ago '04        #47
minimeblunts 
space
space
$4,710 | Props total: 11 11
whats that drink 50 made????
 07-18-2007, 04:15 PM         #48
finesse1272  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PaineBishop said:
and the **** Award goes to...
LMAO
 10 years ago '05        #49
xOuttAconTrolx 
space
space
$359 | Props total: 29 29
lol 50z on some next sh!t now
 10 years ago '05        #50
Poloi3eai2 
space
space
space
$2,985 | Props total: 1 1
50 is just trying to stir up some contraversy so people will buzz about his album. That's fu*kin weak 50 disses Nas because he reads? Nas probably will never make as much money as 50 but 50 will never have as much respect or street cred as Nas. Nas has already cemented himself as a hip hop legend, 50 just sold alot of records. When Nas is in his 50's he can still perform all the cuts off Illmatic and people will still go wild. Who know's if 50 is still going to be relevant 10 years from now?
 07-18-2007, 04:22 PM         #51
bdboy04  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas read books to me thats a good thing the more u know the further u go right
 07-18-2007, 04:23 PM         #52
Kemetik  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 Cent is an idiot, but thats just my opinion. To each his own. Nas wants to expand his mind, 50 wants to expand his wallet. So, let Nas read and let 50 make wack a.ss club songs and get rich. Then maybe BOTH can progress. As long as they are f!ghting each other, or even criticizing each other, they are just wasting their time. Stop focusing on what you dislike and just grow in the fields you do like. Life would be much greater if everyone stopped worrying and trying to prevent others from being themselves. You want to be rich? Go get rich, but dont affect others or prevent others. You want to be intelligent? Then go read and study, but dont try to take away the worldly and physical aspects of life, such as money and fame.

I know thats a far stretch but still, it would be nice.

:D
 07-18-2007, 04:26 PM         #53
Mr.Big Deal  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bigfudzzy said:
[MAD]50 is entitled to his opinion, has what you are pursuing, and I'm willing to bet cash that you are a white-boy using the net as a vehicle to use the word "n*gga"[/MAD]
1.feeling insecure eh

2.i had my pic posted in my avy for like 3 weeks cuz,i'm blacker than your punk a.ss is GUARANTEED

3.stop sending me hate like that sh*t is gonna stop me from posting or something and please pull your skirt up bi*ch

Last edited by Mr.Big Deal; 07-18-2007 at 04:28 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #54
Sivraj 328 heat pts328
space
space
$45,936 | Props total: 10820 10820
50 wasn't dissin nas, he was just sayin that tha audience wants you to explain things alot more easier...
 10 years ago '05        #55
adh56 
space
space
$1,469 | Props total: 9 9
This is why 50 sucks
 10 years ago '06        #56
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,915 | Props total: 7613 7613
50 must have an album coming out.

Here he goes name droppin again, tryin to create some noise for his albums because his singles aren't.
 07-18-2007, 04:50 PM         #57
durdysoufpleya  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BoxerE said:
who's 50 cent
mike jones!

but on the article...
wtf 50?
why do you care who reads? you avoided the question by talking about how smart nas is.
 07-18-2007, 05:10 PM         #58
TripleJ202  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that was mind numbing...i feel like i just k!lled a few brain cells reading about some more of 50's bullsh*t.
 07-18-2007, 05:10 PM         #59
luda06  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What 50 said about Nas was on some KKK white supremacist sh*t.
 07-18-2007, 05:12 PM         #60
DL111  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 wishes he could read
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
36 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
59 comments
2 days ago