Jul 18 - 50 Cent says Nas should stop reading books

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
28 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
177 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Is 50 right

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #21
Dead Prezidents 
space
space
$2,030 | Props total: 6 6
Am I the only one reading this who doesnt take it as a diss?

He just said that Nas is one of the few rappers that's really smart. Sounds like a compliment to me.

He just basically said that him being all preachy and intelectual stuff made Nas lose the momentum that he use to have. He's really just saying that if anyone in general wants to sell rap records you have to dumb it down.
 10 years ago '06        #22
illathruz 65 heat pts65
space
space
$6,505 | Props total: 2306 2306
nas is doing just fine without 50 cent's advice
 07-18-2007, 02:42 PM         #23
HotepSuns  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so basically what 50 is saying is that 95 percent of rappers are dumb,and 100 percent of fans are dumb....sounds like a recipe to increase your fan base....................................
 07-18-2007, 02:43 PM         #24
Steveo54  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nas is the man, hes on the level of biggie and pac with his lyrics...ok so maybe he wasnt quite as good as him, but at least he raps about sh*t besides how big his pockets are and how many hoes hes fu*ked. That sh*t is straight but it gets old, Nas can lyrically slay most of these bi*ches today.
 07-18-2007, 02:46 PM         #25
ADDICTED2FRESH  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JustForgetIt said:
you guys sure know how to twist a person's two sentences into some of the weirdest sh*t i've read. since when did he said reading means you're gay and all that. not to mention this isn't even the full interview. i doubt he is trying to say people shouldn't read books considering he has a fukkin book himself. he's just saying [which i agree] some rappers tend to preach issues in songs on a complex level rather than try to drop sh*t normal people can relate to [he even speaks on krs-one doing this on the 2nd part of the interview]. like pac wasn't lyrically like a canibus or a chino xl, but he dropped messages in words everyone could understand. you didn't have to pick up a dictionary to get what he was saying, like some of these rappers tend to do [i don't know about nas, considering i dont listen to his new stuff].. he isn't at all saying every other rapper is dumb and being dumb is cool. all in all i think he was trying to say what saigon said in that one interview

you have to pick up a book to understand rappers

rappers are NORMAL ppl
 10 years ago '07        #26
Escobar97 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,666 | Props total: 565 565
ok who the fu*k is 50 cent to tell that n*gga not to read books... and wtf is he talking abt saying nas drifted away from what he was originally?? What does that mean.. nas is so much better than 50 that he can say one of 50's weak a.ss rhymes and make it sound hot... get the fyck outta here curtis go lift weights or something
 07-18-2007, 02:54 PM         #27
nisarg64  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
and 50 cent should start workin on makin hits like "in da club" and "candy shop" if he wants that sh*t to sell in september.
 10 years ago '04        #28
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,751 | Props total: 2411 2411
hahaha, 50 must have some kind of weird obsession with nas. he continues keep nas name in his mouth when nas barely acknowledges 50's existence.
No sh*t... that n*gga will never be on Nas' level. lol.
 10 years ago '04        #29
SeanP 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,331 | Props total: 301 301
 10 years ago '06        #30
captcrunch 
space
space
$169 | Props total: 0 0
fiddy mad prob cuz someone told him dumbledore dies

spoilers: in book 7 voldemort is revealed as a sith lord
 10 years ago '05        #31
stayfocus18 28 heat pts28
space
space
$1,145 | Props total: 355 355
50 is sad for telling another man to put a book down.
 10 years ago '04        #32
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,515 | Props total: 6448 6448
wow 50 never learns
 07-18-2007, 03:37 PM         #33
ALLSCREWEDUP  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hes gotta poynt . . . reeding is fukin borin . . .
 07-18-2007, 03:40 PM         #34
Mr.Big Deal  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ALLSCREWEDUP said:
hes gotta poynt. . . reeding is fukin borin . . .
 07-18-2007, 03:41 PM         #35
the hater  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gunit!!!!!!
 10 years ago '04        #36
Plizaya J 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,136 | Props total: 3 3
 nisarg64 said:
and 50 cent should start workin on makin hits like "in da club" and "candy shop" if he wants that sh*t to sell in september.
ummmm.. straight to the bank, she wants it & i get money >>>>>>>>> candy shop
 07-18-2007, 03:48 PM         #37
Ni2  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThyInfamousOne said:
he basically just said all rappers are dumb including him
thats what i got from it

but what i really dont understand is, hes telling nas to stop reading books, while on the other hand 50 has a line of books doesnt he? how can you publish books and at the same time say people are weird if they read books. as a rapper arent you 'drifting away' from your audience more when you publish books? i also thought most good rappers read books.
 10 years ago '05        #38
That Dude 
space
space
$847 | Props total: 89 89
i bought the new xxl and i dont remember reading this. He discussed more in the lines of the state of G Unit, him going back to his grand ma's house in queens to write his album and things of that nature can anybody agree with me or I'm I not seeing this in the XXL mag?
 10 years ago '07        #39
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,451 | Props total: 16221 16221
dude fifty is a sell out..yes he gets money..and sure at some point in the game ya gotta do you...but its funny he act like the tour was the first time he been around nas...wasnt 50 kickin it nas and bravehearts at some point??
and whats funny too is he says that not everyone in hip hop is intelligent...he just sh*tted on the whole industry more than nas...nas`s audience btw is an intelligent artist so he will always sell...but why is fifty pushin his album back..cause this time around catz dont even now about the curtis album..he is the one who has alienated his fanbase...he sells cause he caters to britney spears, and christina aguilera fans, and corny old surbanites..
 10 years ago '07        #40
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,451 | Props total: 16221 16221
 Ni2 said:
thats what i got from it

but what i really dont understand is, hes telling nas to stop reading books, while on the other hand 50 has a line of books doesnt he? how can you publish books and at the same time say people are weird if they read books. as a rapper arent you 'drifting away' from your audience more when you publish books? i also thought most good rappers read books.
no doubt again he got money..but its just puppets money compared to the people that he report too...all monkey bidness i tellya
Home      

most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
188 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
32 comments
1 day ago