Jul 17 - 50 Cent: Real Talk **MUST READ**

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
23 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 08-01-2007, 02:03 PM         #121
built4haters 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the responses in this thread r great!! i wish the people that could make the difference in hip hop would think liek half of you!!! BTW sh*tty article an 50 aint sellin sh*t cuz all the bulsh*t he talkin... beef was nice at on point ..now its old 50
 08-01-2007, 02:14 PM         #122
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this is the most ignorant interview i ever read thats why 50s music is in decline cuz he aint true to his sh*t, then the bi*ch has the nerve to say that lil weezy is a wh0ore and say sh*t about evrybody elses music when he aint even real with his own. So what i ultimately take from this is that Fifty just said that he aint no kind of artist he just puts out music that he thinks other poeple wanna hear 50 is a straight up hipocrit and a bi*ch .:slap: :slap: :slap:

Last edited by lilt9484; 08-01-2007 at 02:24 PM..
 08-01-2007, 02:46 PM         #123
CanadianOG 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Doc D said:
how is this news groupie?
Word.....ur a nerd if u believe dat. Ur da problem with hip-hop right now
 10 years ago '04        #124
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,187 | Props total: 1072 1072
he speaks the truth about the music business... but there's one thing he's missing...

rappers like ghostface write songs for hip hop and rappers like 50 write songs for the music business...

either way... good read...
 10 years ago '06        #125
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94 OP
space
space
$27,989 | Props total: 4020 4020
 CanadianOG said:
Word.....ur a nerd if u believe dat. Ur da problem with hip-hop right now
Ur an idiot. He understands that where he's at right now is a BUSINESS. Like it's been said before: his way of thinking got him to where he is now.
 10 years ago '06        #126
dangerous_minds 
space
space
$943 | Props total: 0 0
I dont really talk anymore on this site but......................

hate given to this $.50 stan
 10 years ago '07        #127
dipset121 39 heat pts39
space
space
$2,260 | Props total: 15 15
Good Read
 08-01-2007, 03:38 PM         #128
wilsonbyron 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dirty v said:
50 got a point y would u put out a album u no wont sell? that n*gga wanna sell he got to sell so he dont owe the lable he on now ive only heard one ghostface song n my life n sh*t was clean i 4got the name but i wouldnt listen to dude now hes really not an issue maybe on the east coast but im out n da west i listen to 50 straight to the bank is my sh*t i dont give a mutha fu*k what any1 ssay that sh*t clean
what part of oakland you from. i'm from the murder doves...2300

anyway, fu*k it, if you know for a fact that your sh*t wont sell, then give the production and studio time to someone that is confident that there sh*t will sell
 10 years ago '06        #129
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94 OP
space
space
$27,989 | Props total: 4020 4020
 dangerous_minds said:
hate given to this $.50 stan
I've criticized Fif before, but real talk is real talk.

dangerous_minds said:
I dont really talk anymore on this site
GOOD. Keep it that way... bi*ch.
 10 years ago '06        #130
dangerous_minds 
space
space
$943 | Props total: 0 0
^^^^^^ true thug right there!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
 10 years ago '06        #131
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 944 944
 djstashman said:
can someone please define what real hip hop is please coz you guys keep saying that and not elaborating the actual meaning
No such thing as "real hip hop." Either you like the music (songs) or you don't.
 10 years ago '06        #132
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 944 944
 Mysonne said:
if you think that's 100% real talk, you don't know the culture that's been stolen and transformed.
You know your "history." Props.
 10 years ago '04        #133
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
 Soulcontrollah said:
If 50 Cent is doing so well then why does his album keep getting pushed back? Eminem put out a compilation album at the end of last year, that had 50 Cent and G-Unit on it, and how well did that album do commercially? Jay-Z put out "Kingdom Come" and compared to his previous albums it was a failure. Nas had a minor hit with "Hip-Hop Is Dead," but where is the follow-up single? Common just recently attained commercial success a couple of years ago, but in today's musical climate he probabaly won't do that well, and it's not because he doesn't have quality music, it's because of people who are totally ignorant when it comes to what they think good Hip-hop music is. It's actually odd that the person who started this thread would diss Ghostface, and site people like Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem and Common as the best rappers out today. Because out of all of those artists, who do you think has more in common with them, 50 Cent or Ghostface? I don't believe that album sales have anything to do with how good an artist is. If that's how you measure the talent of a rapper, then you've got your head up your a.ss. I don't know if anybody else is aware of this fact, but Hip-hop across the board is not selling. Even though Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem and Common are skilled lyricists, their recent work is far from their best work, and it is not their best-selling work either.
First, the compilation that Em put out was supposed to be a mixtape. At the last second, it was put out commercially. I think it did quite well for what it was.

50's album got pushed back because his singles were sh*t. He didn't want to embarrass himself after talking all that sh*t about sales, and having an album flop because of bad singles. I think that was smart. How silly would he have looked if he let the album out and it sucked? He would have had to eat his words. So now, the album gets pushed back, more work is getting done, and NY is loving the new single.

As far as 50 k!lling hip-hop, whatever. Hip-hop isn't dead, it's evolving. Our old perception of hip-hop and whatnot is dying. Change comes and goes. BEfore it was about the music. Record sales meant something because you couldn't bootleg the sh*t on the internet. Videos were cheaper. Now it's like a damn Hollywood production for a music video. Expenses are through the roof. Artists have to ensure multiplatinum success in order to break even or even slightly profit.

So if the game changed to who sells more records, its because it's a necessity. If a n*gga can go multiplatinum in one quarter, or even just platinum even in the face of internet bootlegging and leaks, then good for him. That sh*t is hard G. Seriously.

50 sees that. I think that's why he's always talking about record sales.
 10 years ago '04        #134
Floeji 
space
space
$5,529 | Props total: 68 68
bump.
 08-02-2007, 01:37 AM         #135
China Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Like I've said a million times...

The way 50 thinks is the reason he is where he's at and you're not.

It's like a billionaire that goes up to you and tells you an opinion on something, and you COMPLETELY object to it like he's wrong. The problem is, his way of looking at it is probably correct, more valuable than your thoughts and opinion...because his mindset and the way he thinks is the reason why he's a billionaire.

And that is the case. If there was a room full of millionaires and they started analyzing your life, you'd probably disagree with a bunch of sh*t they said. Or if they started telling you their beliefs and their ways of thinking. You'd probably disagree because of ignorance.

But in reality, where their thoughts come from is where you want to be at...and you just don't want to think like that because you're too dumb to see it.
 08-03-2007, 09:56 PM         #136
lilt9484 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 China Man said:
Like I've said a million times...

The way 50 thinks is the reason he is where he's at and you're not.

It's like a billionaire that goes up to you and tells you an opinion on something, and you COMPLETELY object to it like he's wrong. The problem is, his way of looking at it is probably correct, more valuable than your thoughts and opinion...because his mindset and the way he thinks is the reason why he's a billionaire.

And that is the case. If there was a room full of millionaires and they started analyzing your life, you'd probably disagree with a bunch of sh*t they said. Or if they started telling you their beliefs and their ways of thinking. You'd probably disagree because of ignorance.

But in reality, where their thoughts come from is where you want to be at...and you just don't want to think like that because you're too dumb to see it.
i understand what u saying in a business sense, but just because someone has money or knows how to make it doesnt mean you should value his/her opinion on life... just cuz u paid doesn't mean u any better than anyone else...
 10 years ago '05        #137
Nvisible 
space
space
space
$212 | Props total: 0 0
He's on some major contradictory bullsh*t.....he says nobody can do what he does and people like his music because of what is life was like or some sh*t....and we can relate to it....but think about it....in the old days of hipp hop people would rap about real sh*t that happened in life...being poor, getting shot at....trying to survive....and we all could relate because we went through that 2 (not me but yall kow what I mean) but now what is happening is that corporate america is strumming rap to be about what WE USED to be able to relate to...and what's hot....Everyone wanted money...we could relate to that......but now all we do is rap about drugs and money....and not everyone in this day in age relates to it but is instead inspired to do it. Like this way...a n*gga wake up never doin a damn thing wrong in his life....heres one of jeezy's FANTASTICLY WELL WRITTEN (SARCASM PEOPLE) songs about sellin "white". And he's now a drug dealer. he didn't relate, he was inspired to do it....50 isn't being him, he's being what the money wants him to be...REAL hip hop WAs about expressing yourself and being real....and because you were being real....we as 'REAL" INDIVIDUALS COULD RELATE thusly you were successful and made money....but at some point...we lost our sense of reality and started believing that we could all ride 5847498437 inch rims and have s3x with Melyssa Ford....it's about being....real..he's not relating to us...no....on the contrary....he's irritating us...he's the one saying your not hot unless you get shot..how could I honestly relate to a n*gga who forgot to duck one night.....seriously....
 10 years ago '06        #138
Panasonic 82 heat pts82
space
space
$5,678 | Props total: 1463 1463
@voting for Hurricane Chris for TRL ad
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
111 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
115 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy