Jul 17 - 50 Cent: Real Talk **MUST READ**

most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
135 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
133 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
21 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #101
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
 Storchaveli said:
it's clear he got your feelings hurt because his crew dissed one of your favs. Meaning, you can't keep an open mind. The truth hit you hard like a bucket of cold water, and it hurt you.
You're right in that I probably wouldn't have given hate if Ghostface wasn't mentioned, but the whole notion of guys not selling records = they have no relevance in rap is bullsh*t. We're actually talking two completely things here but people don't realize they are arguing over nothing.

I am referring to relevance in the RAP game, not the music industry. If you make your music with the intention of satisfying the masses then you aren't making music from the soul, and I can't consider that sh*t art. So I guess Nelly is great because of the number of records he's sold. If millions of people are buying your record that means that a mainstream audience enjoys your music, and the majority of these people know little about rap music anyway.

Storchaveli said:
@ anyone bringing up irrelevant MC's (like Ghostface) and saying they're GOATs over cats like Jay, Nas, Em, and Common when all of these are STILL out and SELLING.
Common's last two albums shipped gold, meaning it didn't sell over half a million units, so I guess he wouldn't be a great in your book. I guess Black Thought and The Roots ain't sh*t since they have 2 gold shipped albums out of their nine or so. And I guess Rakim isn't sh*t since his last album failed to ship gold and the one before it only did that. And I guess T.I. selling half a mill in the first week for his last two albums means he's on his way to becoming a great :sleepy: :rolleyes:

All you cats who claim what 50 says is real talk are saying that if your music doesn't conform to what the general public wants to hear then it isn't good.

Anyway, I know where you cats stand and this is where I stand so I'm not gonna try to make anybody change their opinion. I'm far from an underground head, but I'm not big on most mainstream sh*t either. Talib Kweli will never go platinum but he's still going to be a great to me eventually. Judge the music for what it is, not what the masses think of it; have your own opinion

Relevance amongst the mainstream/the music industry and relevance in the rap game are two different things.

Last edited by Jamaro85; 07-17-2007 at 05:19 PM..
 07-17-2007, 05:38 PM         #102
jbudz420 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gotta love the defintion of irrelevence yayo talking sh*t about anyone's career.

not 2 mention that when 2 cent says "the masses" he means white kids from the burbs which isnt a problem if ur honest about it, lets face it ppl the great majority of hip hop listeners havent ever had to struggle or hustle a day in there lives. thats the only reason artist like g-unit are or should i say WERE comercially viable and real artist like ghostface are the butt of jokes because ppl who listen to ghost tend to be able to relate to what is expressed in his music.as opposed to the kids in the burbs living through the lyrics of 2 cent.

mad hate to all the g-unit stans who are so eager to agree with this nonsense before giving it proper thought.
 10 years ago '07        #103
Lamrock 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,093 | Props total: 16 16
ghostface sh*ts on 50 and yayo, 50 may be more famous but not better no matter which way you look at it.
 10 years ago '04        #104
Hardkore 10 heat pts10
space
space
$18,906 | Props total: 1149 1149
50's saying real sh*t and also talking like a sellout at the same time.

but he's like a $50 million dollar sellout, so i would do the exact same thing.
 10 years ago '05        #105
Da Gooneyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,044 | Props total: 824 824
"If money makes the man then on Iraq land
Saddam statue will still stand on top of the sand"

Tony for Mayor
 07-17-2007, 08:22 PM         #106
play107 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 namean said:
the music business and hip-hop are two different things....hip-hop is a culture, music business is a corporation....these two jus happen to cross paths, but that doesn't mean artists shouldn't put out music if there is a possibility that someone might not buy it...it's why they're called ARTists, not fu*kin car salesman...the fact that someone would suggest that an artist shouldn't put out music "cuz it's not hot" is some bullsh*t....that's telling Lupe not to put out "Food and Liquor" because it might not go platinum and because skateboarding isn't a popular rap topic...yet look at how many people were influenced beyond a superficial level because of that album...even though it's a good living, hip-hop is about the message, and everyone has a voice in it whether it's considered "hot" or not...this mutherfu*ker 50 is the epitome of the decline of hip-hop's integrity.
now this is REAL talk , fu*k 50spent
 10 years ago '04        #107
Soulcontrollah|M 
space
space
$1,183 | Props total: 0 0
You know what I don't really think this is about record sales, and I don't think it has anything to do with Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem, Common or Ghostface. This is about 50 Cent's mentality, and the overall state of how people who like 50 Cent and believe his bullsh*t think. I think this video is a more appropriate response to not only 50 Cent's comments about Ghostface, but his career and attitude in general:

07-18-2007, 05:46 AM         #108
A-One 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i fux wit 50...good read
 07-18-2007, 03:14 PM         #109
China Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ra-da-god said:
its funny how you wanna play the business angle yet you ignore all the marketing that goes into these albums.

you missed the whole point of the statement, called my point of view soft you're looking at it from and ignorant point of view period

by your logic vanilla ice made good music too i guess so 10 million people bought his cd :rolleyes:

the key word is marketing dollars and this is what draws the line between artist do you have any idea how much money it costs to get a record broken cross country or how much money it costs to start a local label? make no mistake money is what seperates cats when it comes to popularity of music, the equation is quite simple the more money you have in your budget the more marketing you recieve, the more marketing you recieve the more people know about you which gives you a bigger buzz the bigger the buzz the higher percentage of records you can sell, I don't care how much catchy songs a n*gga like 50 makes if he doesn't have that machine pushing him he ain't go sell sh*t point blank.

alot of times an album doesn't sell because noone knows what it is ala Rhymefest thats do to bad marketing not quality

and the art and business are two different things believe it or not, the art is the the love & passion to do it, the appreciation for the music and the message that you put out there, the business is money and coporate interest they don't give a fu*k about the music itself and you can tell now more than ever, now thats not to say you shouldn't get paid if you're going to devote all this time into making these albums and dealing with the general BS thats in the music industry but this can't be just about selling records with the passion the soul is missing from the craft an NBA star may play to get paid but it all started with a general love for the game of basketball the love is the only thing that going to push you to be better in the times when you're not getting paid to do it, n*ggas like 50 have no love for what they are doing its just a hustle and thats why he's a sub-par emcee he can make club records but look around who's still bumpin "get rich...." on the dailey? I know cats that listen to reasonable doubt every other day same for illmatic or the purple tape and those joints are over 10 years old 50 doesn't make records like that and without records that can stand the test of time the art will fade away point blank, if you know anything about the culture or any artform that can't be argued.

we can go back and forth about sales all day some of my favorite emcees are big sellers but to say music shouldn't have a soul that it should only be made for the purpose of corporate interest is silly and shows you don't have a appreciation for what you listen to you just like it cause its "hot" which means you just like it cause everyone listens to it.
It's not even worth it no more because you can't seem to hold a strong case.

Vanilla Ice didn't make good music according to US, but to millions of people at the time he made good music. It's what you do at the time...good music back in 1975 necessarily wouldn't be good music today.

Anyways, you're just talking dumb now. Because YOU know people that bump illmatic and purple tape means thats a representation of the music culture as a whole? Because YOU don't know people bumpin get rich, that means theres nobody, or not a lot of people bumpin it?

You're looking at it through your eyes and you aren't seeing it any other way...ain't even worth it.
 10 years ago '05        #110
CaShMoNeYDfG 8 heat pts
space
space
$896 | Props total: 140 140
 Storchaveli said:
This is a portion of an interview with 50:

:applause: 100% real talk.

@ anyone bringing up irrelevant MC's (like Ghostface) and saying they're GOATs over cats like Jay, Nas, Em, and Common when all of these are STILL out and SELLING.
"...and if ya say 'Real Talk' i Probably wont trust ya.."
Andre 3000
 10 years ago '05        #111
stayfocus18 28 heat pts28
space
space
$1,145 | Props total: 354 354
50 is all about pushing sales and being commercial
 10 years ago '04        #112
rasheedwallace 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,310 | Props total: 11226 11226
man...100% real talk? please.

50 says some real sh*t from time to time, but to say it's not "good music" unless it sells is the dumbest sh*t i've heard him say.
 10 years ago '07        #113
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,414 | Props total: 16133 16133
 Storchaveli said:
This is a portion of an interview with 50:

:applause: 100% real talk.

obviously you know who ghost fasce is..so that makes the statement about peeps not knowing him irrelevant..everybody knows about the wu-tang...even young bucks who aint ever heard their musick..jay nas em... em is overrated for one... just cause he is white dont pass with me...I look at the playing field evenly..and any black artist that comes out can not make musick like em cause its not the "norm" for black peeps. on that note it makes 50`s rant about making musick for the masses is irrelevant too...because if Em speaks to the masses( because he went plat) then would an artist like Jeezy go platinum if he rapped about rainman..or sorry momma...or Im slim shady he could but it wouldnt sell because its not the perception of our culture..If I make musick for myself I am essentially making for the masses ...cause we all live in this world together, and live the same experiences yada mean
 10 years ago '07        #114
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,414 | Props total: 16133 16133
 rasheedwallace said:
man...100% real talk? please.

50 says some real sh*t from time to time, but to say it's not "good music" unless it sells is the dumbest sh*t i've heard him say.
to further my case... good musick is good music for the masses or just for ya self...Kanye is the best commercial example...or better yet lil wayne cause the carter sessions are not what the souths "masses" are checkin for..if its good isht its gonna sell..f coverin the pop britney spears fan base, if you about the streets you aint gonna sell platinum... catz go around rappin bout the hood should know it aint sweet in the hood thats why they call it that...if cats was really that smart and stuntin b4 they got deals why they rappin... if I had mils Id have business eff makin money off musick especially with todays market...saturated.. This time around matter a fact alotta people dont even know fifties droppin an album...my favorite quote is Disco died...

its a sign of the times...even lil weezy switched up his flo...even luda..and where have all the houston artisit gone??
 08-01-2007, 12:12 PM         #115
chefanon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i only fu*k wit thorough ni66as and fif aint 1 of em'. after he blasted ja for singin then he turned around and did it. that ni66a sad yo. he could never get the streets back. the streets made and the streets gon' break em. watch what i tell yall. dont confuse realness wit muzik!!!!
 08-01-2007, 12:41 PM         #116
Btruenlife1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
who the fu*k still listens to 50 anyway? after get rich or die tryin his flows have been so garbage and generic that you could literally just pick excerpts from other people tracks and fill up entire verses. dude ain't no originator and now he ain't even original and anyone buyin or even respectin his sh*t is just buyin into his fu*kin ridiculous image of himself
 10 years ago '06        #117
lethald1 
space
space
$605 | Props total: 0 0
his heads so far up his own a.ss
 08-01-2007, 01:05 PM         #118
TheCityOnMyMind 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 12 gauge said:
why dont we all jus listen to lil wayne cuz thats real hip hop fu*k ghostface and the wutang clan and all the pioneers who made hip hop what it is today... stupid fu*ker

NO, fu*k you man. wu tangs the sh*t. we cant just stick to wayne, some of his sh*t is too crazy anyway ( but he is the sh*t). and you need to go and die someplace!!!
 08-01-2007, 01:10 PM         #119
CMONEY 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 is a bi*ch, banks is a bi*ch, yayo is a bi*ch, olivia is a... olivias a man
 08-01-2007, 01:11 PM         #120
Eqman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rowe said:
some n*ggas posted this interview on Wu Corp forums...them n*ggas over @ the wu tang forum were mad as hell
Lol (also a big Wu fan)...i can only imagine

"n*gga DISSED GHOSTFACE!!!!!!!!!!"

"TIME TO WRITE A nasty E-MAIL!!!"

"WU-TANG FOREVER"
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
78 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
202 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
87 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy