Jul 17 - 50 Cent: Real Talk **MUST READ**

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
112 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
97 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
58 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-17-2007, 03:10 PM         #81
adadfalife607 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Originally Posted by namean
the music business and hip-hop are two different things....hip-hop is a culture, music business is a corporation....these two jus happen to cross paths, but that doesn't mean artists shouldn't put out music if there is a possibility that someone might not buy it...it's why they're called ARTists, not fu*kin car salesman...the fact that someone would suggest that an artist shouldn't put out music "cuz it's not hot" is some bullsh*t....that's telling Lupe not to put out "Food and Liquor" because it might not go platinum and because skateboarding isn't a popular rap topic...yet look at how many people were influenced beyond a superficial level because of that album...even though it's a good living, hip-hop is about the message, and everyone has a voice in it whether it's considered "hot" or not...this mutherfu*ker 50 is the epitome of the decline of hip-hop's integrity.
'nough said
 07-17-2007, 03:12 PM         #82
bigfudzzy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:applause: 50 is a business man (first) in the music business. He has always been a businesss man, even on the block. His music is commercial, but revolutionary in it's own way. I love Ghostface, but his days are long passed, just like method.
 07-17-2007, 03:13 PM         #83
China Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This is the problem with most people in here, you want to go against the business model but yet you use it to diss rappers you don't like, win arguments, etc...and if it's available.

"This dude flopped."

I read in here someone said 50's singles flopped.

Why does it matter if someone's singles or album flopped? It's music right? It's ART right? How does something flop anyways? Because like 50 said, the MASS and the general public don't like it.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

So technically, all music is good if the artists like it. Yet we're on here debating that sh*t everyday. What do we always go back to? Oh did ______ flop. The biggest artists in the game are the richest and most business oriented artists. Yet when 50 decides to talk about it like this, everybody responds differently.

Every single, yes, every single person in here thinking 50 is COMPLETELY wrong and his way of thinking is wrong, will never EVER run any business and will work 9-5 for the rest of you lives. That's real talk, you won't believe it, and lie to yourself, but I don't care, I'm just lettin you know

Your favorite artist wont' be sh*t if he didn't sell.

Put it like this, 50 is where's he's at because of how he's thinking. You're at like where you're at on how you're thinking. Whose position would you rather be in?

Oh, and cut that crap with these are ARTists n sh*t. Where are artists, what are their jobs? Their job is music, and music is a business if you want it as a job.

You want to say ARTists, and they should do it for ART...but an from the beginning of time till now, and artists is recognized because the general public and the mass public like his or her sh*t. And artist is an artist to YOU because he provides something that entertains YOU.

If you want to be successful in the business there better be a lot of YOU's you're entertaining.

Or you can take the dumb mindset most people in this thread are taking...the only true YOU is yourself and flop.

07-17-2007, 03:16 PM         #84
JAVI. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
WOW i just read this article and lost any respect i had left for 50 he really is contributing the fall of hip hop..talkin about "oh a good record is one that is played in cars and clubs"...so that means he thinks "ay bay bay" is a classic record..

and ghostface>>>>>g-unit
 10 years ago '06        #85
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94 OP
space
space
$27,981 | Props total: 4006 4006
 bigfudzzy said:
:applause: 50 is a business man (first) in the music business. He has always been a businesss man, even on the block. His music is commercial, but revolutionary in it's own way. I love Ghostface, but his days are long passed, just like method.
Big props to this dude right here. ^^Your opinion and judgement is NOT compromised by the mere fact that you're a Ghostface fan.

China Man said:
This is the problem with most people in here, you want to go against the business model but yet you use it to diss rappers you don't like, win arguments, etc...and if it's available.

"This dude flopped."

I read in here someone said 50's singles flopped.

Why does it matter if someone's singles or album flopped? It's music right? It's ART right? How does something flop anyways? Because like 50 said, the MASS and the general public don't like it.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

So technically, all music is good if the artists like it. Yet we're on here debating that sh*t everyday. What do we always go back to? Oh did ______ flop. The biggest artists in the game are the richest and most business oriented artists. Yet when 50 decides to talk about it like this, everybody responds differently.

Every single, yes, every single person in here thinking 50 is COMPLETELY wrong and his way of thinking is wrong, will never EVER run any business and will work 9-5 for the rest of you lives. That's real talk, you won't believe it, and lie to yourself, but I don't care, I'm just lettin you know

Your favorite artist wont' be sh*t if he didn't sell.

Put it like this, 50 is where's he's at because of how he's thinking. You're at like where you're at on how you're thinking. Whose position would you rather be in?

Oh, and cut that crap with these are ARTists n sh*t. Where are artists, what are their jobs? Their job is music, and music is a business if you want it as a job.

You want to say ARTists, and they should do it for ART...but an from the beginning of time till now, and artists is recognized because the general public and the mass public like his or her sh*t. And artist is an artist to YOU because he provides something that entertains YOU.

If you want to be successful in the business there better be a lot of YOU's you're entertaining.

Or you can take the dumb mindset most people in this thread are taking...the only true YOU is yourself and flop.

Exactly. Nuff said.
 07-17-2007, 03:42 PM         #86
China Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JAVI. said:
WOW i just read this article and lost any respect i had left for 50 he really is contributing the fall of hip hop..talkin about "oh a good record is one that is played in cars and clubs"...so that means he thinks "ay bay bay" is a classic record..

and ghostface>>>>>g-unit
He didn't necessarily mean cars and clubs specifically, he was using it as an example that stands for something. He just means records that are being played, PERIOD. Radio, clubs, cars, your mp3 player, your computer, anything.

This is another problem with most people, not only in this thread but this is how the world is as a whole.

Because what 50 said was dark but true, and it goes against EVERYTHING you've followed you're whole life. Instead of ADAPTING and understanding, you choose to just close your mind and run away, like NO!! THIS CAN'T BE TRUE! IT'S NOT!

Your favorite athlete cheats on his wife, does many many things that are against what you believe. Your favorite athlete plays for money.

People are just so close minded...if you want to be rich, or at least understand them you have to let some of this sh*t sink in.

Donald Trump is a grimy dude. Read up on the REAL sh*t about any of your favorite entrepreneur, and try to find some REAL sh*t. Not some oh damn he had it hard, he grew up with no money. I'm talking about sh*t TODAY and how they are. Warren Buffet, he will fu*k you over if it will put him in a better position at every angle.

Mother fu*kers are still acting like their 10 and the tooth fairy comes and Santa Claus puts all them presents under your tree.

When your parents tell you, I'm working hard long hours to get you what you want, do you sit back and think, damn I feel bad this sh*t is wrong, Christmas is about joy! Christmas is about family time, it's about spending time with your family, and taking the whole year and appreciating everything...do you do that? I know you probably think that Christmas is a good time of the year, but do you realize it's actually the time of the year where people work the hardest to squeeze out a few dollars to spend on you? No, you just go and see what you've been taught as a kid. That's why most of ya'll are so damn immature.

Most of ya'll are so young and take this as a lesson...but the fu*kin truth is Christmas = time of the year with more hours of work and OT they can stress up on so your loved ones can get you presents. Just so YOU can get what you want...now is that a right way of thinking?

Back to MUSIC...MUSIC is a fu*kin business and it's about the mass public liking your sh*t. You wouldn't be a hip hop artist if you didn't believe a lot of people like your sh*t to begin with. Are you to stupid to recognize this logic?

EDIT
When you read my posts, realize most of the time I'm speaking in the perspective of the general audience I'm directing it towards. I KNOW everyone is different and I know there are different cases, but I try to relate my posts to as many people as possible...that makes it worth more.

Oh wait, that makes me a bad person now, I want more people to understand and relate to my posts!

Last edited by China Man; 07-17-2007 at 03:46 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #87
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,754 | Props total: 1571 1571
I think 50 is speaking from a business man's point of view and he has a very valid point, If I owned a label and my artist was making music for "themselves" but expecting me to spend millions on marketing it I'd probably be like WTF too.

thats from a suit and tie perspective though I make music aswell and that artist is definetly there and this is where I disagree with 50, This music has to be about more then selling, music existed long before it was a market to sell it song has to have soul and feeling to them or else they will be forgotten in time, tupac sold so many records because you could feel his words he had real song for singles like "keep ya head up" and "brenda's got a baby" this is what the game is missing, I may make 1 or 2 songs in the interest of selling the album but alot of my music is made for people to relate not just entertainment I think thats the problem with hip-hop nowadays cats has forgot how to "EDUtain" the market.
 07-17-2007, 03:48 PM         #88
China Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ra-da-god said:
I think 50 is speaking from a business man's point of view and he has a very valid point, If I owned a label and my artist was making music for "themselves" but expecting me to spend millions on marketing it I'd probably be like WTF too.

thats from a suit and tie perspective though I make music aswell and that artist is definetly there and this is where I disagree with 50, This music has to be about more then selling, music existed long before it was a market to sell it song has to have soul and feeling to them or else they will be forgotten in time, tupac sold so many records because you could feel his words he had real song for singles like "keep ya head up" and "brenda's got a baby" this is what the game is missing, I may make 1 or 2 songs in the interest of selling the album but alot of my music is made for people to relate not just entertainment I think thats the problem with hip-hop nowadays cats has forgot how to "EDUtain" the market.
It's not long before, it's NOW.

You can't EDUtain a market if people don't like your sh*t...do you realize that?
 10 years ago '06        #89
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94 OP
space
space
$27,981 | Props total: 4006 4006
 China Man said:
Because what 50 said was dark but true, and it goes against EVERYTHING you've followed you're whole life. Instead of ADAPTING and understanding, you choose to just close your mind and run away, like NO!! THIS CAN'T BE TRUE! IT'S NOT!

Storchaveli said:
Truth is, the truth hit you haters like a bucket of freezing water... and it hurt you. If you're pissed cuz his crew dissed Ghostface, say you're pissed because his crew dissed Ghostface. But the truth will always be the truth, even if it hurts (i.e. September 11).

07-17-2007, 03:57 PM         #90
Quiksilver 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Soulcontrollah said:
If 50 Cent is doing so well then why does his album keep getting pushed back?

The big million-dollar statement of the year...:applause: :applause:

*punches all the stans in the face*
 10 years ago '04        #91
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 China Man said:
It's not long before, it's NOW.

You can't EDUtain a market if people don't like your sh*t...do you realize that?
yeah I do realize that but there is saying and goes "good music will always find a home"

just because you sell records doesn't mean you make good music and just because you don't sell doesn't meam people don't like your sh*t.

this reigns so true when it comes to hip-hop take Lupe Fiasco for example IMO his one album sh*ts on anything 50 ever done but what seperates the two? marketing 50 cent has a machine behind him that most artist could only dream of and all that factors into records sales along with making good music, thats not to take anything from 50 as and artist cause I like his sh*t too but I'm simply saying we are in an era of the game where an artist can't really be an artist everything is ruled by formula's like Girl track,club banger, street record. that type of thinking goes against the very nature of what art is, but thats from a hip-hop persective though this is a music business aswell so I guess its all how you look at it.
 07-17-2007, 04:01 PM         #92
misfit313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
This is a portion of an interview with 50:

:applause: 100% real talk.

@ anyone bringing up irrelevant MC's (like Ghostface) and saying they're GOATs over cats like Jay, Nas, Em, and Common when all of these are STILL out and SELLING.
cant stand 50 at all maybe when he first made it but now its like jadda said it bet if u go to a 50 show he comes out singing!!!!!!
 07-17-2007, 04:06 PM         #93
China Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Quiksilver said:
The big million-dollar statement of the year...:applause: :applause:

*punches all the stans in the face*
Does he keep getting it pushed back or does HE push it back? It's a business move...but...

Are we talking about 50 doing well now, or his CAREER?
 07-17-2007, 04:11 PM         #94
China Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ra-da-god said:
yeah I do realize that but there is saying and goes "good music will always find a home"

just because you sell records doesn't mean you make good music and just because you don't sell doesn't meam people don't like your sh*t.

this reigns so true when it comes to hip-hop take Lupe Fiasco for example IMO his one album sh*ts on anything 50 ever done but what seperates the two? marketing 50 cent has a machine behind him that most artist could only dream of and all that factors into records sales along with making good music, thats not to take anything from 50 as and artist cause I like his sh*t too but I'm simply saying we are in an era of the game where an artist can't really be an artist everything is ruled by formula's like Girl track,club banger, street record. that type of thinking goes against the very nature of what art is, but thats from a hip-hop persective though this is a music business aswell so I guess its all how you look at it.
And you're looking at it from a soft point of a view.

Just because you sell records doesn't mean you make good music? Well you OBVIOUSLY make good music to the people who bought your sh*t? wtf kind of logic are you using?

You don't sell because people don't like your sh*t? If this is consistent, then obviously not ENOUGH people like your sh*t.

The way you're thinking is real soft.

Art is a got damn business no matter what it is. When you're doing something artistic, you better make sure a sh*tload of people like or else it won't be sh*t to anybody but you. Unless you're doing that sh*t as a hobby not a JOB. Those who are artists as a career have to make sure MASSES like their sh*t. Is that WRONG?

Those who do it as a hobby don't have to worry about that. So by using your logic, the best music is that is not heard by masses...because that music is the real music!
 10 years ago '05        #95
bobbysteels18 663 heat pts663
space
space
space
$7,602 | Props total: 2509 2509
50 crew in the background: "Nobody even cares what he does." "Who's listening to him, anyway?" "That was the '90s, B. Kids don't even know Ghostface anymore." "The streets are different now," says Yayo. "Guys like Ghostface don't matter. They don't. They had a run, but it's over."
haha yeah Ghost is way better then yayo atleast ghost had a run and sold way more records then all of g-unit expect 50.
 07-17-2007, 04:23 PM         #96
the hater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ghostface last 4 cds sold less combined then lloyd banks "rotten apple"
 10 years ago '05        #97
Kahlil Illah 1 heat pts
space
space
$788 | Props total: 18 18
Good Read...
 07-17-2007, 04:35 PM         #98
Jerseyelite89 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this thread is def. getting alot of un-needed publicity....
 10 years ago '04        #99
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 China Man said:
And you're looking at it from a soft point of a view.

Just because you sell records doesn't mean you make good music? Well you OBVIOUSLY make good music to the people who bought your sh*t? wtf kind of logic are you using?

You don't sell because people don't like your sh*t? If this is consistent, then obviously not ENOUGH people like your sh*t.

The way you're thinking is real soft.

Art is a got damn business no matter what it is. When you're doing something artistic, you better make sure a sh*tload of people like or else it won't be sh*t to anybody but you. Unless you're doing that sh*t as a hobby not a JOB. Those who are artists as a career have to make sure MASSES like their sh*t. Is that WRONG?

Those who do it as a hobby don't have to worry about that. So by using your logic, the best music is that is not heard by masses...because that music is the real music!
its funny how you wanna play the business angle yet you ignore all the marketing that goes into these albums.

you missed the whole point of the statement, called my point of view soft you're looking at it from and ignorant point of view period

by your logic vanilla ice made good music too i guess so 10 million people bought his cd :rolleyes:

the key word is marketing dollars and this is what draws the line between artist do you have any idea how much money it costs to get a record broken cross country or how much money it costs to start a local label? make no mistake money is what seperates cats when it comes to popularity of music, the equation is quite simple the more money you have in your budget the more marketing you recieve, the more marketing you recieve the more people know about you which gives you a bigger buzz the bigger the buzz the higher percentage of records you can sell, I don't care how much catchy songs a n*gga like 50 makes if he doesn't have that machine pushing him he ain't go sell sh*t point blank.

alot of times an album doesn't sell because noone knows what it is ala Rhymefest thats do to bad marketing not quality

and the art and business are two different things believe it or not, the art is the the love & passion to do it, the appreciation for the music and the message that you put out there, the business is money and coporate interest they don't give a fu*k about the music itself and you can tell now more than ever, now thats not to say you shouldn't get paid if you're going to devote all this time into making these albums and dealing with the general BS thats in the music industry but this can't be just about selling records with the passion the soul is missing from the craft an NBA star may play to get paid but it all started with a general love for the game of basketball the love is the only thing that going to push you to be better in the times when you're not getting paid to do it, n*ggas like 50 have no love for what they are doing its just a hustle and thats why he's a sub-par emcee he can make club records but look around who's still bumpin "get rich...." on the dailey? I know cats that listen to reasonable doubt every other day same for illmatic or the purple tape and those joints are over 10 years old 50 doesn't make records like that and without records that can stand the test of time the art will fade away point blank, if you know anything about the culture or any artform that can't be argued.

we can go back and forth about sales all day some of my favorite emcees are big sellers but to say music shouldn't have a soul that it should only be made for the purpose of corporate interest is silly and shows you don't have a appreciation for what you listen to you just like it cause its "hot" which means you just like it cause everyone listens to it.
 07-17-2007, 04:55 PM         #100
aceboogie714sa 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
crazy sh*t
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago