Damn!! Is all I can say
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
36 comments
@news
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #61
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,637 | Props total: 5487 5487
Fishcale was a hot album
 07-17-2007, 01:24 PM         #62
TRiL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Rowe said:
some n*ggas posted this interview on Wu Corp forums...them n*ggas over @ the wu tang forum were mad as hell
Those Wu fans(I'ma big Wu fan too) probably had a fu*kin' fit! n*ggas probably put those funny a.ss rings on and hooked off on photo's of 50 .
 10 years ago '04        #63
Confidance 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,776 | Props total: 144 144
 mt fuji said:
ghostface>>>>>>everybdoy in gunit,shady,and aftermath...............

combined

and yayo needs to shut his P.c. a.ss up,cause i'm pretty sure he will never drop another album.
Buck, Em, Dre, Busta, even Eve > Ghostface. Lyrically Buck is there, just too afraid to embrace because he's too gangsta with his naive a.ss. But Eminem and Busta are geniuses, and Eve is a firecracker that has the most potential of all to be legendary. Dre's latest verse in Snoop's song owned all of the past sh*t so^^^ forget it son
 10 years ago '04        #64
iLLwiLLis 
space
space
space
$124 | Props total: 0 0
You know who really buys up albums? 13 yr old girls. So when u base ur success on what 13 yr old girls like (lip gloss, etc.) then ur fu*kin lame. 50 and especially no talent yayo are a disgrace to hiphop because they think they're the truth cuz middle-schoolers are taking their parents' money and flooding sam goody when their albums drop. I'll still listen to any 90's wu album over some horrible 50 song where he sings like sh*t and rhymes ball with call. I cant wait till the bottom falls out of the whole industry when even the 12-15 yr old crowd realizes that this commercially successful music is a.ss.
 07-17-2007, 01:49 PM         #65
onicap 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I gotta admit, 50 IS right. 50 makes more sense than most people when he speaks on hiphop. 50 ain't the only one who has said stuff like that. If you remember back on the Makaveli album, on the opening track, 'bomb First'. EDI ask, "If you ain't in this rap game, for the muhfu*kin cash, man... then what is your muthafu*kin purpose?"

I'm sorry but its true. Hiphop is a culture, and rap is an art that derives from it. As an artist, you have to have goals. These goals can be anything you want them to be. But you have to seriously ask yourself, "If I'm spending my own money to make this music, do I wanna make money off of it?". And if you're signed to a major label you have to understand that their major goal is to make as much profit off of you as possible, so you might as well sell as much as possible if you want to have big crowds attend your concert so that you can make some money off of your hard labor.

Thats why artists like the Lox face so many hardships. Sometimes you gotta use your head and stop complaining that you're getting screwed by your record label. Hire an attorney prior to signing that contract. Stop acting like their screwing YOU over, when you're screwing yourself over instead. The label is making it possible for you to record in a studio. You get very little creative freedom due to the fact that they have a very specific formula for success and they want you to use your talent to help bring in money, but only through their formula until your contract is up.
 10 years ago '04        #66
iLLwiLLis 
space
space
space
$124 | Props total: 0 0
^^^ yea, but 2pac was talkin when everybody used to buy cd's. it was a different time, completely different from now. we're in an age of ringtones where young a.ss kids dictate what sells.
 10 years ago '04        #67
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
if you think that's 100% real talk, you don't know the culture that's been stolen and transformed.
 10 years ago '04        #68
Mysonne 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,831 | Props total: 2 2
Nas the Genesis "when it's real you doin this even without a record contract"
 10 years ago '05        #69
youngmeriwether 
space
space
$595 | Props total: 0 0
 namean said:
the music business and hip-hop are two different things....hip-hop is a culture, music business is a corporation....these two jus happen to cross paths, but that doesn't mean artists shouldn't put out music if there is a possibility that someone might not buy it...it's why they're called ARTists, not fu*kin car salesman...the fact that someone would suggest that an artist shouldn't put out music "cuz it's not hot" is some bullsh*t....that's telling Lupe not to put out "Food and Liquor" because it might not go platinum and because skateboarding isn't a popular rap topic...yet look at how many people were influenced beyond a superficial level because of that album...even though it's a good living, hip-hop is about the message, and everyone has a voice in it whether it's considered "hot" or not...this mutherfu*ker 50 is the epitome of the decline of hip-hop's integrity.
CO-SIGN...FIFTY GOT HIS sh*t ALL TWISTED. THATS WHY HES "MUSIK" IS WHERE ITS AT. NOBODY DONT REALLY RESPECT HIS MUSIK ANYMORE CUS HE REALLY DOESNT...ITS ALL BUSINESS TO HIM NOW.
 07-17-2007, 02:14 PM         #70
AKA The Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I live down the road from 50's Conneticut Mansion. I used to like the dude, but homes got too c*cky..... GhostFace is lyrically, one of the best out. Who cares about sales... not everybody understands what listening to music is. Some people just buy a cd because they like a song. I buy a cd because I like the artist, and I listen to the whole thing not just one song. For 50 to say Ghost Face ain't nobody is rediculous. Ghost was creamin when 50 was sellin crack in the streets. Respect your elders ya dumb fu*k. fu*k 50 and YAYO's whack a.ss. Yayo is another waste of an artist. He does that whack sh*t with his hands cuz he's whack. fu*k both them n*ggas. CT STAND UP
 07-17-2007, 02:17 PM         #71
sykoj0e 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
I'll answer that retarded question. That album went PLATINUM with only ONE music video/single out. And get this: the single didn't even get radio-play.

You just sonned yourself right there (see bolded part of your quote above. You used sales as a "point" in your initial argument.)

You're right, it isn't. But you just explained to yourself why it's not (because the way we get music now has changed, and the market is suffering because of it).

The point is, sales DO matter. It reflects how wide your impact was made and just how much it was EMBRACED by the masses. Not to mention, it's a reflection of your relevancy in the game.

Hip-hop hasn't been about the "message" for YEARS. Off the top of my head, the only ones who DO represent a message NOW are Common, Andre from OutKast, Wyclef, and even though I hate the fu*ker, Lupe. Other than that, don't preach about integrity and the "message" in hip-hop when it's flooded with bullsh*t like "Walk It Out" and "Hey Bay Bay." Those days are long gone, but respected in my book.
ok.... you responded to those comments.. but the comments that made sense .. you had sh*t to say.. so che.... fu*k 50 and Gunit.. AND ALL THESE MOTHERfu*kING bi*ch a.ss COMMERCIALL RAPPERS... now this dude is gunna try to give me hate and reply to my comment by calling me stupid...

fu*k off :):finger:
 10 years ago '04        #72
Jamaro85 
space
space
$10,610 | Props total: 3 3
Real talk? Stopped reading after the ignorant responses to the first two interview questsions. Ghostface doesn't matter and nobody's listening to him because he doesn't go gold? If his record isn't embraced and enjoyed by the public its not a great record? Yeah, any motivation to read the rest of the interview died after that
 10 years ago '05        #73
Windy City G 
space
space
$688 | Props total: 0 0
fishScale Classic more Fish was Garbage
 10 years ago '06        #74
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94 OP
space
space
$27,991 | Props total: 4022 4022
Most of the pissed off posters here caught feelings. Especially the Ghostface fans. Truth is, the truth hit you haters like a bucket of freezing water... and it hurt you. If you're pissed cuz his crew dissed Ghostface, say you're pissed because his crew dissed Ghostface. But the truth will always be the truth, even if it hurts (i.e. September 11).
 07-17-2007, 02:50 PM         #75
dj mannie fresh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
This is a portion of an interview with 50:

:applause: 100% real talk.

@ anyone bringing up irrelevant MC's (like Ghostface) and saying they're GOATs over cats like Jay, Nas, Em, and Common when all of these are STILL out and SELLING.
this is the dumbest sh*t ever and if you think like that to your more fu*ked up than is savable. this is why music is fu*ked up now because of ignorance and disrespect for the art like this
 10 years ago '06        #76
space
space
 dj mannie fresh said:
this is the dumbest sh*t ever and if you think like that to your more fu*ked up than is savable. this is why music is fu*ked up now because of ignorance and disrespect for the art like this
This is strictly opinionated. And even so... this doesn't beat HALF of the stupid a.ss threads you're always making and known for.
 07-17-2007, 02:54 PM         #77
China Man 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 yumflip said:
Look @ it from another angle...McDonald's is probably the biggest seller of food in the country, yet that shiit has absolutely no nutritional value...in other words, just because it's popular, doesn't make it quality...crack & heroin are popular, does that make it acceptable to be strung out on either one of those because alot of people are buying it?
Yet we all go out and buy McDonalds to eat today.

Tell me this, would you rather be a business that makes healthy food (Subway) but you ain't as big. Or would you be a business that makes bad nutritional food (tastes good) and rule the fu*kin world?
 07-17-2007, 02:56 PM         #78
dj mannie fresh 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Storchaveli said:
This is strictly opinionated. And even so... this doesn't beat HALF of the stupid a.ss threads you're always making and known for.
you respect 50 so i win by default
 10 years ago '06        #79
space
space
 dj mannie fresh said:
you respect 50 so i win by default
Who says I respect him? BIG mistake right there on your part: a.ssuming. 50 is average (at most) with his lyrics, but he understands the game of popular music-making and plays it well. That right there, was the truth, and it's clear that it hurt YOU as well.
 10 years ago '04        #80
thuggland 
space
space
space
$339 | Props total: 1 1
this dude from NY or a batcave?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
109 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
187 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
116 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy