50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA ALL Nike "City" Uniforms Leaked via 2K
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Boxden NY will be upset! Cardi B bought offset a wraith. Let the hate b..
10 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
150 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #41
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,676 | Props total: 8625 8625
50 makes music to sell records make whatever the general public wants to here and you blame him. The n*gga aint never had sh*t so what do you aspect for him to act like. That n*gga think and move like a drug dealer. He aint got no respect for making good music he all about the money. Yea he is a puppet and does whatever Interscope says but if you can live with it then fu*k what everbody say about you.fu*k his music but at the same time get yo money pimpin. Rapping don't last forever.

Last edited by marcusaka50; 07-17-2007 at 11:36 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #42
Opm 
space
space
space
$1,341 | Props total: 0 0
who the fu*k is 50 cent? corn ball fu*k
 07-17-2007, 11:42 AM         #43
bloodfia 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 12 gauge said:
why dont we all jus listen to lil wayne cuz thats real hip hop fu*k ghostface and the wutang clan and all the pioneers who made hip hop what it is today... stupid fu*ker
lil wayne is Trash he should STFU and listen to 50.
 10 years ago '05        #44
messiallah 
space
space
$245 | Props total: 8 8
That n*gga Clyde gon smack the sh*t out of 50...
 10 years ago '04        #45
Peter Starks™ 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,217 | Props total: 223 223
I'm sorry wait...

He's right.
The Music BUSINESS IS a BUSINESS and the goal of a BUSINESS is to make money.
Has nothing to do with d*ck riding or nothing.. its about right or wrong and Curtis is right.
Music made for yourself should be on independent so you wont fall in depth if ur sales are low. get it?
 10 years ago '04        #46
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,749 | Props total: 2410 2410
so i guess that's why gayo and banks album flopped.. 50 is a fu*king idiot at times.. always talkin.
 10 years ago '05        #47
blazerock 9 heat pts
space
space
$974 | Props total: 93 93
Half of yall responding really don't seem to catch what you're even responding to.

Here's the thing about "trendfollowing" "trendspotting" and "trendsetting"

BUSINESS isn't always about following the trend. At one point what you all deem as "independent" or "not gonna sell" music is what can become THE BUSINESS or the most profitable. Business is about shifts and dynamics, something that for the most part G-Unit has failed to notice. I'm a big 50 Cent fan, but if you notice, when he began duplicating his methods with his artists -- the decline slowly began. Now NO ONE on G-unit is pushing numbers... so does that make the music that theyre making "not good business?"

What it means is that the trend is shifting, and as a result they have to add some variety to their music... apparently what he views as "hits" is just NOT hits anymore.

Keeping it completely real, singles and hits are more like darts than chess moves. There's ALOT of situational luck in what establishes a "hit" and also what establishes a trend. Thats not a business model, thats just riding a wave. In 50's case, he took a trend - ran it and made it profitable - but the staying power is what we havent seen.

I just kinda find his comments to be somewhat true, but ridiculous at the same time. The biggest problem with the hiphop business model is its ONE type of music sells or NO type-- which is why most of the "empires" of hiphop last about 5 years, then fizzle into obscurity.
 10 years ago '05        #48
DonPrestige 
space
space
space
$175 | Props total: 0 0
Damn, 50 can talk sense and sh*t at the same time.

He's right coz a lot of artists do try play off poor sales by saying they dont care coz they weren't tryna sell. Dont get me wrong if your someone like Jay-Z or Dre and you already have the money, power and status you can afford to not sell but other cats cant do that, coz they get dropped. If its for the art then dont try and market it to sell, the art should find those it was meant to speak to.

Also people keep talking about 50 album getting pushed back, remember this dude aint Charlie Baltimore or Rah Digga, I'm sure he has a say in the decisions and is putting it out later is an attempt to find a spot when there is no competition so it pushs more units.

One thing I will agree though is that dude has sold out, its a shame too because even though most of you wont admit it the guy is talented. He's like the rapper version of Floyd Mayweather, people hate him no matter what he does.
 07-17-2007, 12:07 PM         #49
youngholla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think he has a point......i mean hip hop is a culture, but its still a job at the same time.........
 10 years ago '05        #50
LVuittonDon4EVA 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,609 | Props total: 439 439
Um this was posted already multiple times, and all the other versions said that YAYO said that stuff (50 did jump in later in the interview tho)
 10 years ago '06        #51
LBThrizzy 11 heat pts11
space
space
$13,335 | Props total: 963 963
smh

free post
 07-17-2007, 12:29 PM         #52
ibNuttin04 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 = ignorant
 10 years ago '06        #53
"SS" 28 heat pts28
space
space
$10,241 | Props total: 4830 4830
i aint listened to 50 since get rich or die tryin but i totally agree with everything
he sayin. the goal of any buisness is to get money point blank. n*ggas fail to realize this sh*t is a job jus like any other job. u go to work and u do your best to be the most productive and make the most u can whether u like going to work everyday or not. look at it like this. u can go to job a makin a decent amount of money, sure its a little more work and the hours are sh*tty, but in the end u gettin paid for the work u do. or u can go to job b, hours are great, u can hang out with your friends, take coffe and smoke breaks whenever u fell, but u aint makin sh*t but minnimum wage. and then u got the nerve to complain about the n*gga at job A actin like he better than u, and he makin more than u. and how u get to keep it real at your job. all i see is u workin for free. think about it.
 07-17-2007, 12:59 PM         #54
PRINZ HIP HOP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dat boi a fool
 10 years ago '06        #55
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94 OP
space
space
$27,981 | Props total: 4006 4006
 Soulcontrollah said:
If 50 Cent is doing so well then why does his album keep getting pushed back? Eminem put out a compilation album at the end of last year, that had 50 Cent and G-Unit on it, and how well did that album do commercially?
I'll answer that retarded question. That album went PLATINUM with only ONE music video/single out. And get this: the single didn't even get radio-play.

Soulcontrollah said:
I don't believe that album sales have anything to do with how good an artist is.
You just sonned yourself right there (see bolded part of your quote above. You used sales as a "point" in your initial argument.)

Soulcontrollah said:
Even though Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem and Common are skilled lyricists, their recent work is far from their best work, and it is not their best-selling work either.
You're right, it isn't. But you just explained to yourself why it's not (because the way we get music now has changed, and the market is suffering because of it).

The point is, sales DO matter. It reflects how wide your impact was made and just how much it was EMBRACED by the masses. Not to mention, it's a reflection of your relevancy in the game.

namean said:
Hip-hop is about the message, and everyone has a voice in it whether it's considered "hot" or not...this mutherfu*ker 50 is the epitome of the decline of hip-hop's integrity.
Hip-hop hasn't been about the "message" for YEARS. Off the top of my head, the only ones who DO represent a message NOW are Common, Andre from OutKast, Wyclef, and even though I hate the fu*ker, Lupe. Other than that, don't preach about integrity and the "message" in hip-hop when it's flooded with bullsh*t like "Walk It Out" and "Hey Bay Bay." Those days are long gone, but respected in my book.
 07-17-2007, 01:04 PM         #56
Rowe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wait a week ago they were saying tony yayo said this sh*t
 07-17-2007, 01:05 PM         #57
Rowe 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
some n*ggas posted this interview on Wu Corp forums...them n*ggas over @ the wu tang forum were mad as hell
 10 years ago '07        #58
Pos 90 heat pts90
space
space
$9,617 | Props total: 5471 5471
damn, 50 really got caught up in this music business......its like he forgot what he stands for and where he came from, he's a sellout

i guess he has a point tho.......but the money is startin to interfere with the love for the music

Last edited by Pos; 07-17-2007 at 01:12 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #59
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94 OP
space
space
$27,981 | Props total: 4006 4006
 Scorp said:
storchaveli is a butt fu*king homo who has no clue about hip hop
Bi*ch, you're in the U.K. Nuff said.
 10 years ago '06        #60
DUNDUN 
space
space
$890 | Props total: 140 140
REPEAT Post.........funny how the 1st wun started it was all 50 supporters we left it @ dat with the exception of da few h8ters .....But da 50 h8ters seen this was a repost & still came in & posted another BS comments h8ting & as usual no1 has their own mind & jump'd on da h8ting bandwagon....oyea u know da kat had 2 come in with his random Game DVD fact....lmao.....in mase voice"wooooooowww"
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
69 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
196 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
81 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
50 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
13 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
59 comments
1 day ago