Jul 17 - 50 Cent: Real Talk **MUST READ**

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
84 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
85 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #21
dirty v 
space
space
$1,119 | Props total: 0 0
50 got a point y would u put out a album u no wont sell? that n*gga wanna sell he got to sell so he dont owe the lable he on now ive only heard one ghostface song n my life n sh*t was clean i 4got the name but i wouldnt listen to dude now hes really not an issue maybe on the east coast but im out n da west i listen to 50 straight to the bank is my sh*t i dont give a mutha fu*k what any1 ssay that sh*t clean
 07-17-2007, 09:06 AM         #22
Scorp 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
storchaveli is a butt fu*king homo who has no clue about hip hop
 10 years ago '05        #23
justindlawson 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,860 | Props total: 0 0
this was posted last week. thanks for the repeat
 10 years ago '04        #24
syxx2001 
space
space
$2,809 | Props total: 168 168
 Soulcontrollah said:
If 50 Cent is doing so well then why does his album keep getting pushed back? Eminem put out a compilation album at the end of last year, that had 50 Cent and G-Unit on it, and how well did that album do commercially? Jay-Z put out "Kingdom Come" and compared to his previous albums it was a failure. Nas had a minor hit with "Hip-Hop Is Dead," but where is the follow-up single? Common just recently attained commercial success a couple of years ago, but in today's musical climate he probabaly won't do that well, and it's not because he doesn't have quality music, it's because of people who are totally ignorant when it comes to what they think good Hip-hop music is. It's actually odd that the person who started this thread would diss Ghostface, and site people like Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem and Common as the best rappers out today. Because out of all of those artists, who do you think has more in common with them, 50 Cent or Ghostface? I don't believe that album sales have anything to do with how good an artist is. If that's how you measure the talent of a rapper, then you've got your head up your a.ss. I don't know if anybody else is aware of this fact, but Hip-hop across the board is not selling. Even though Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem and Common are skilled lyricists, their recent work is far from their best work, and it is not their best-selling work either.
How in the hell was Kingdom Come a failure when it damn near went platinum in the 1st week?? And lets not forget the only Jay albums to really push numbers was Vol 2 and MAYBE Vol 3. All of the others went platinum, no more than double at the time of release, so how was it a failure compared to his previous releases??

And 50 has a point when you look at it from the business standpoint and its what I keep trying to tell people. Music is a business and its these peoples job to make music and sell records; if they dont sell records, they are fired. Thats why mixtapes can be about whatever you want them to be about because the mass public isnt buying a mixtape, but you cant put the same sh*t from a mixtape on a album and expect it to sell. Thats why Fab has fallen into the mold that he is in and why Budden cant release The Growth. Like Joe said, The Growth was done a long time ago but it was a album full of dark tracks and the label told him to re-do it. Music is fickle. Sometimes you have to be yourself and get personal and you will sell records, sometimes if you do that it could backfire. Sometimes you can just be hard and not make a chick song and sell records (Jeezy) and then sometimes it will back fire.
 10 years ago '06        #25
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,615 | Props total: 2237 2237
Look @ it from another angle...McDonald's is probably the biggest seller of food in the country, yet that shiit has absolutely no nutritional value...in other words, just because it's popular, doesn't make it quality...crack & heroin are popular, does that make it acceptable to be strung out on either one of those because alot of people are buying it?
 07-17-2007, 09:30 AM         #26
djstashman 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
can someone please define what real hip hop is please coz you guys keep saying that and not elaborating the actual meaning
 10 years ago '04        #27
syxx2001 
space
space
$2,809 | Props total: 168 168
 Str8 outta Cuse said:
I somewhat agree with the sh*t that he said. .i disagree with the fact that he doesnt make any music because thats what he wanted to make and hes making it thinking about how the public will respond. .whats the point in that? Thats not how music is supposed to be. .its supposed to be the feelings of the artist laid out lyrically. .and 50 just admitted that all he trys to do is make music that other people can feel even if he doesnt like it. .fu*k outta here 50
Look at it like this...EVERYTHING IS ART. EVERYTHING. From designing clothes, to making movies, to making tv shows, to painting, to making music. Do you think clothing desginers design clothes based on how they feel and what they like or what they think the public will like?? Enyce and Rocawear are making seersucker shorts and plaid shorts....n*ggas aint ever worn seersucker or plaid in the hood before, but its hot now, so thats what they are releasing. Its the same with 50. He is making music with the mindset "This is hot. People are gonna jam this" and he puts it out.

And some of yall need to make up yalls minds. When a rapper gets personal, like Eminem and Joey yall go "Im sick of hearing about his mama and his daughter every song" or "Im sick of hearing about him being depressed and using drugs", so then when a rapper doesnt get personal and just goes to the club, you want him to put his feelings on wax??
 07-17-2007, 09:42 AM         #28
bloodfia 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 is the MAN
 07-17-2007, 09:43 AM         #29
sneakerfreak 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He has a point. There has been very few artists, writers, or musicians who have been smart enough to embrace both the artistic side of the business and the creative side.

But 50 also is ignoring that fact that he has released three singles, all have flopped, and his album keeps getting pushed back. The arrogance must end.
 10 years ago '05        #30
Killaaj 
space
space
$2,368 | Props total: 64 64
 Bobby's World said:
Its the damn truth...read it and weep.

:wow: Seems like he got u... 50 bi*ch a.ss just tryna sell records so he gone talk sh*t and be on the headline's and keep pushing his album back until he feel he gone sell hella records... HOW MANY WANNA BET THAT HIS ALBUM WAS DONE WHEN T.I. CAME OUT BUT HE AINT DROPING TIL SEPTEMBER OR WHAT EVER
 10 years ago '06        #31
omnipotent45 
space
space
space
$171 | Props total: 0 0
 dirty v said:
50 got a point y would u put out a album u no wont sell? that n*gga wanna sell he got to sell so he dont owe the lable he on now ive only heard one ghostface song n my life n sh*t was clean i 4got the name but i wouldnt listen to dude now hes really not an issue maybe on the east coast but im out n da west i listen to 50 straight to the bank is my sh*t i dont give a mutha fu*k what any1 ssay that sh*t clean
there more to life than money. ide rather be real and poor than rich, mass produced, and a fake puppet. 50 sold his integrity and pride
 10 years ago '05        #32
Killaaj 
space
space
$2,368 | Props total: 64 64
 djstashman said:
can someone please define what real hip hop is please coz you guys keep saying that and not elaborating the actual meaning

fu*k HIP HOP :finger: :finger: ITS A BUNCH OF FALSE, FICTION BULLsh*t THAT RAPPERS SAY TO CATCH THE ATTENTION OF THE CONSUMERS... WORDS PUT TOGETHER FROM THE NET... WHEN U SPIT THE REAL THATS WERE U DRAW THE LINE...
 10 years ago '05        #33
TheChampIsHere! 
space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 123 123
50 stupid...
 07-17-2007, 10:29 AM         #34
mrsouthcarolina 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
50 sucks and the whole g-unit (Gayo flopped, has anybody seen Lloyd Tanks, and Young Buck stayed hot 2 weeks) I think music is horrible right now and in a few years the content of songs are not even going to matter it's all about the beats cause really producers make all the REAL MONEY ANYWAY!!!!!
 07-17-2007, 10:33 AM         #35
divine5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think there will be a change soon because bullsh*t rap ain't selling anymore even though it still dominates radio. Soon those old white muthafu*kas will realize that ain't nobody buying bullsh*t like the Shop Boyz and Hurricane Chris and will switch over to real music but only if we go out and buy it.
 10 years ago '07        #36
Blaze332 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 0 0
 dirty v said:
Now that's real talk^^^
 10 years ago '07        #37
Blaze332 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 0 0
 bloodfia said:
50 is the MAN
Word^^
 10 years ago '05        #38
The Utmost 1 heat pts
space
space
$10,495 | Props total: 129 129
no comment
 10 years ago '04        #39
Kadroan 103 heat pts103
space
space
$33,458 | Props total: 6405 6405
wow 50 at it again
 10 years ago '07        #40
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
50 has lost his mind and so has the threadstarter
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
155 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
228 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dead by Daylight - Freddy Krueger Gameplay
13 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kojima explains death stranding gameplay and lore
23 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
197 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy