Jul 17 - 50 Cent: Real Talk **MUST READ**

most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
81 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Pierre Bourne says he's responsible for Birthing Tekashi 69 Rap Career...
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake prepping new LP with another new accent
49 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #1
7659 pageviews
139 comments

Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,979 | Props total: 4001 4001
Jul 17 - 50 Cent: Real Talk **MUST READ**

This is a portion of an interview with 50:

It's hard to imagine Ghostface is going to stop cursing, especially considering his last couple of records.

50 crew in the background: "Nobody even cares what he does." "Who's listening to him, anyway?" "That was the '90s, B. Kids don't even know Ghostface anymore." "The streets are different now," says Yayo. "Guys like Ghostface don't matter. They don't. They had a run, but it's over."

But can't he just make a great record, even if it doesn't sell, and we can appreciate it as listeners, as hip-hop fans?
50: No, because a great record is embraced and enjoyed by the public. And it's played in cars and clubs.

When I make music, I make it with the intention that the world's gonna enjoy it. I have music that I feel like is really good music, but I haven't released it. There's things playing at my house right now that's never gonna be played on the radio. And that music isn't out there, because I didn't feel like enough people would actually respond to it. Like, if I said, "Hey, this album is for me, that's why I named it Curtis, and if they don't pick it up, hey, they don't pick it up. This is just something I wanted for myself from an artistic standpoint." If I took that position, it's a cop-out. You make music with the intention for the masses to enjoy it. If not, then you should take your CD and play it only in your Walkman. It's crazy to think that you're going to make a record and put it out commercially for the world to listen to and then say you made it for yourself. And I've heard it countless amounts of times from artists in different periods. They're like, "I don't really care about the sales, this is about the art form."

50's crew: "That's bullsh*t, man." [Laughs] "That's bullsh*t. That's what you say when you know nobody gives sh*t about you." image

That's an artist who's so artistic he should just have a smock and be painting pictures for himself instead of trying to sell people music. We're in the music business. When they forget that last half, that's where it gets messed up. In the music business, you do what makes sense for music and business. So if the artist makes a record they know ain't gonna sell, then why do they allow the company to spend money marketing it? They're just making the wrong music at that point -- creatively. Sometimes, they just get out into a different space where they don't know what to write. I've been around rappers, what was the freestyle guy, Supernatural? He was incredible, he could rap about anything, about Mars and cars, whatever, and Craig G was like that. But they didn't have a specific thing that they were basing their music on that people could embrace. My music is based on my actual life. You might be a rapper that could beat me at something, but you can't beat me at being me, and this is what the world's embraced at this point.

Would you ever make a record just for yourself, and put it up for free online, just as an artistic statement?
Any artist who tells you they made the record for themselves is just saying that ahead of time because they're afraid nobody's going to embrace it. They say, "I'm just doing this for me, this is real hip-hop right here." Come on, man, nobody cares about that sh*t, they want good music. If it ain't hot, it ain't hot. (shout out to T.I. image)

So it's not helping the art form if it's not "hot"?
You're actually hurting the art form, if your music isn't urgent enough to drive people to buy it, you're hurting the art form. You're just another sh*tty release on the schedule.

[pic - click to view]

http://www.spin.com/featu .. 7/0707_50cent/

image :applause: image 100% real talk.

image @ anyone bringing up irrelevant MC's (like Ghostface) and saying they're GOATs over cats like Jay, Nas, Em, and Common when all of these are STILL out and SELLING.

Last edited by Storchaveli; 07-17-2007 at 03:29 AM..

139 comments for "Jul 17 - 50 Cent: Real Talk **MUST READ**"

10 years ago '05        #2
ivan1087 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,291 | Props total: 19 19
....you and 50 have a really warped opinion as to what hip-hop is really all about..........
 10 years ago '04        #3
namean 
space
space
space
$1,482 | Props total: 0 0
the music business and hip-hop are two different things....hip-hop is a culture, music business is a corporation....these two jus happen to cross paths, but that doesn't mean artists shouldn't put out music if there is a possibility that someone might not buy it...it's why they're called ARTists, not fu*kin car salesman...the fact that someone would suggest that an artist shouldn't put out music "cuz it's not hot" is some bullsh*t....that's telling Lupe not to put out "Food and Liquor" because it might not go platinum and because skateboarding isn't a popular rap topic...yet look at how many people were influenced beyond a superficial level because of that album...even though it's a good living, hip-hop is about the message, and everyone has a voice in it whether it's considered "hot" or not...this mutherfu*ker 50 is the epitome of the decline of hip-hop's integrity.
 07-17-2007, 04:10 AM         #4
Doc D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
how is this news groupie?
 07-17-2007, 04:54 AM         #5
Domic462 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:applause: :applause:
 namean said:
the music business and hip-hop are two different things....hip-hop is a culture, music business is a corporation....these two jus happen to cross paths, but that doesn't mean artists shouldn't put out music if there is a possibility that someone might not buy it...it's why they're called ARTists, not fu*kin car salesman...the fact that someone would suggest that an artist shouldn't put out music "cuz it's not hot" is some bullsh*t....that's telling Lupe not to put out "Food and Liquor" because it might not go platinum and because skateboarding isn't a popular rap topic...yet look at how many people were influenced beyond a superficial level because of that album...even though it's a good living, hip-hop is about the message, and everyone has a voice in it whether it's considered "hot" or not...this mutherfu*ker 50 is the epitome of the decline of hip-hop's integrity.
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Respect your elders 50
 10 years ago '04        #6
Soulcontrollah|M 
space
space
$1,183 | Props total: 0 0
If 50 Cent is doing so well then why does his album keep getting pushed back? Eminem put out a compilation album at the end of last year, that had 50 Cent and G-Unit on it, and how well did that album do commercially? Jay-Z put out "Kingdom Come" and compared to his previous albums it was a failure. Nas had a minor hit with "Hip-Hop Is Dead," but where is the follow-up single? Common just recently attained commercial success a couple of years ago, but in today's musical climate he probabaly won't do that well, and it's not because he doesn't have quality music, it's because of people who are totally ignorant when it comes to what they think good Hip-hop music is. It's actually odd that the person who started this thread would diss Ghostface, and site people like Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem and Common as the best rappers out today. Because out of all of those artists, who do you think has more in common with them, 50 Cent or Ghostface? I don't believe that album sales have anything to do with how good an artist is. If that's how you measure the talent of a rapper, then you've got your head up your a.ss. I don't know if anybody else is aware of this fact, but Hip-hop across the board is not selling. Even though Jay-Z, Nas, Eminem and Common are skilled lyricists, their recent work is far from their best work, and it is not their best-selling work either.

Last edited by Soulcontrollah; 07-17-2007 at 05:44 AM..
 10 years ago '07        #7
wtr1906 45 heat pts45
space
space
$17,725 | Props total: 4479 4479
And people run around talking about "The South" k!lled hip-hop... BS, it sounds to me like people who think like 50 Cent k!lled hip-hop! It's all about the money and that's fine but 50 has gone away from himself and he just puts out what's hot right now and I don't support artist like that! That's why he has songs with JT and Robin Thicke cause they are hot right now and I don't have a problem with that but I like nigs that try and step out the box because I'm sick of hearing the same BS ie: Akon, T-Pain... all that sh!t sounds the same right now!

*Real Talk*
 10 years ago '05        #8
goldgrill910 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 105 105
kinda smh...i fu*ks with fif here and there, but it's all business with him now. he's not an MC, he's a rap entertainer. he doesn't give a sh*t about the art anymore. just the business of selling records.
selling 30 million records must make him feel like he can sh*t on everybody who stays true to the art i guess...
 10 years ago '04        #9
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
space
$11,378 | Props total: 463 463
ghostface>>>>>>everybdoy in gunit,shady,and aftermath...............

combined

and yayo needs to shut his P.c. a.ss up,cause i'm pretty sure he will never drop another album.
 07-17-2007, 07:01 AM         #10
bdboy04 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
hip hop has be taken over my corprate big wigs who sit up in there multi-million dollar mansions and use artists as test subjects if they think u hot they put the house on ya but when u start to go down they drag the rug from underneath ya.curtis is a hustler dude gets his paper thats a goes with out drinkin lol but artist wise i think dudes music his average at best its just that he knows how to hustle real hip hop is that music you can feel real hip hop is roots common mos def and talib but they dont sell because the masses dont want real hip hop they want the watered down music served by radio because real hip hop is true
 07-17-2007, 07:02 AM         #11
kingflip 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 namean said:

props...now that is realtalk
 07-17-2007, 07:02 AM         #12
kingflip 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
....fu*k 50
 10 years ago '05        #13
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
I somewhat agree with the sh*t that he said. .i disagree with the fact that he doesnt make any music because thats what he wanted to make and hes making it thinking about how the public will respond. .whats the point in that? Thats not how music is supposed to be. .its supposed to be the feelings of the artist laid out lyrically. .and 50 just admitted that all he trys to do is make music that other people can feel even if he doesnt like it. .fu*k outta here 50
 07-17-2007, 07:04 AM         #14
j_espo1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mt fuji said:
ghostface>>>>>>everybdoy in gunit,shady,and aftermath...............

combined
:applause: :applause:

now thats REAL talk.
 07-17-2007, 07:16 AM         #15
12 gauge 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why dont we all jus listen to lil wayne cuz thats real hip hop fu*k ghostface and the wutang clan and all the pioneers who made hip hop what it is today... stupid fu*ker
 07-17-2007, 07:21 AM         #16
Entreprenegro 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ghostface's 'Fish Scale' & 'More Fish' were on point! Irrevent, he is not!
 10 years ago '05        #17
blazerock 9 heat pts
space
space
$973 | Props total: 91 91
Its kinda funny to me how many people on G-UNIT make exactly the type of irrelevant a.ss "not a hit" type music -- JUST LIKE YAYO co-sidelining cant BUY A HOT record a.ss.

smh at that sh*t.
 10 years ago '05        #18
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
Its the damn truth...read it and weep.
 10 years ago '07        #19
DIPSET101 28 heat pts28
space
space
$9,856 | Props total: 8815 8815
 Entreprenegro said:
Ghostface's 'Fish Scale' & 'More Fish' were on point! Irrevent, he is not!
pretty toney was on point too
 10 years ago '06        #20
captcrunch 
space
space
$169 | Props total: 0 0
fiddy still hurting from being thrown down those stairs
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
154 comments
1 day ago