Paul Wiliiams vs. Antonio Margarito(Fight of the Year!)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
122 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
63 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
107 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 07-17-2007, 01:24 AM         #241
chillin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
well i guess if you didn't see it that means it didn't happen........

getting "whipped" constitutes getting hit all night,and then proceeding to lose..which is what happened to margarito...this seemingly has in a way hurt your feelings as you are now trying to make up excuses for margaritos loss...and the f!ght i saw paul williams outworked margarito....

and for the record you can get whipped,and it still be a great f!ght...hagler vs hearns for example...hearns got whipped,but it was a great f!ght while it lasted....
How can you say i make excuses when i've already said paul won the f!ght,,,you saying that paul whipped margarito is a overstatement......period...
great f!ght on both sides,,,hagler and hearns,,,,,great f!ght for hagler not for hearns...
 07-17-2007, 01:27 AM         #242
chillin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Mayweather was and is the best lb for lb f!ghter out there, why wouldn't Zab have wanted to f!ght him and vice versa? As far as Cotto, I think you have him all wrong. He seems like the type who would rather go for the better f!ghter rather than the better payday...it's not all about the money when it comes to every boxer.
its all about the payday,,,there are so many titles in every division,,and f!ghters can drop or move up in weight classes that grabbing a title is not that hard....There are alot of f!ghters who would easily leave there title just to have that huge payday....
 10 years ago '04        #243
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 1573 1573
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Mayweather was and is the best lb for lb f!ghter out there, why wouldn't Zab have wanted to f!ght him and vice versa? As far as Cotto, I think you have him all wrong. He seems like the type who would rather go for the better f!ghter rather than the better payday...it's not all about the money when it comes to every boxer.
right, and Cotto is top 3 in his division and Margarito is still damn good, so it makes sense. (at least to me)

and chillin is right, its all about that $ at the end of the day. Cotto is the type to want to beat the best, i think, but even the proudest of proud Puerto Rican are about they $.

thing is, i dont even want to see a Cotto/Margarito f!ght anymore. i'd rather to see Cotto go after Mosley....
 07-17-2007, 02:38 AM         #244
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 1MikE said:
right, and Cotto is top 3 in his division and Margarito is still damn good, so it makes sense. (at least to me)

and chillin is right, its all about that $ at the end of the day. Cotto is the type to want to beat the best, i think, but even the proudest of proud Puerto Rican are about they $.

thing is, i dont even want to see a Cotto/Margarito f!ght anymore. i'd rather to see Cotto go after Mosley....
That's exactly my point, NO ONE really wants to see Cotto/Margarito anymore. Margarito may not have gotten his @ss whooped, but he still lost by a couple rounds. I'd prefer Cotto get at a f!ghter who's in the 1 or 2 spot of his weight class so he can put his skills on showcase...Margarito doesn't hold a top spot in the echelon of f!ghters in that weight anymore.

You guys are talking about the > payday...well what f!ghts would generate a better payday...Mosley, Hatton, Williams or Mayweather/Cotto or Margarito/Cotto? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to that.

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 07-17-2007 at 02:43 AM..
 07-17-2007, 07:41 PM         #245
2woLJD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
f!ght was alright.
 07-18-2007, 02:50 PM         #246
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DCReprezenta said:
Hearns got "whipped" as much as Hagler did...Hagler just happened to last longer. Jirov got whipped by Toney, Mayorga got whipped by Tito, Judah got whipped by Cotto........Hearns & Hagler were inflicting about equal damage to each other before Hagler hit the nail on the head and put Tommy out.

what does that have to do with the fact that hearns still got "whipped"?
 07-18-2007, 02:53 PM         #247
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chillin said:
How can you say i make excuses when i've already said paul won the f!ght,,,you saying that paul whipped margarito is a overstatement......period...
great f!ght on both sides,,,hagler and hearns,,,,,great f!ght for hagler not for hearns...
how is it an "overstatement"...paul williams was landing shots all night on margarito..i constitute that as getting whipped..and it was a great f!ght...but that doesn't take away from the fact margarito was getting punched in the face all night...

and you need to revisit the hagler hearns f!ght,becuase both fought great that night...hearns just took an extremely low probability strategy by coming out guns blazing,but he was getting in just as many good shots as hagler,however hagler took him out...
 07-18-2007, 06:33 PM         #248
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
what does that have to do with the fact that hearns still got "whipped"?
I used that term lightly, I don't feel he was "whipped"...it was an even f!ght until the knockout. Losing by knockout doesn't automatically mean u got "whipped". (Conn/Louis 1, Nunn/Toney, Castillo/Corrales 1)
 07-19-2007, 02:48 PM         #249
HotepSuns 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DCReprezenta said:
I used that term lightly, I don't feel he was "whipped"...it was an even f!ght until the knockout. Losing by knockout doesn't automatically mean u got "whipped". (Conn/Louis 1, Nunn/Toney, Castillo/Corrales 1)

i'd say they both whipped on each other..but we can always agree to disagree
 07-19-2007, 03:42 PM         #250
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HotepSuns said:
i'd say they both whipped on each other..but we can always agree to disagree
I can agree to that....I originally thought u were just sayin it was only Hearns that got "whipped". They definitely beat each other's heads in for the 8 minutes that it lasted.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
76 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy