Paul Wiliiams vs. Antonio Margarito(Fight of the Year!)

most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
71 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
102 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
240 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-15-2007, 02:16 AM         #201
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:

What's Williams' walk around weight? This cat sooo skinny lookin'. Half somalian???
That's why his punches weren't very effective...boy needs to eat.
 07-15-2007, 02:17 AM         #202
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he wouldn't make 147 if he ate.
 10 years ago '07        #203
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,097 | Props total: 30478 30478
 Gramz said:
he wouldn't make 147 if he ate.

So is that where the nickname came from? He "punishes" himself to make weight?
 10 years ago '05        #204
Suavebeatz 32 heat pts32
space
space
$10,364 | Props total: 14216 14216
Damn had sort of a family emergency and missed that last 3 rounds..watching the replay now

:banghead:

If Manny Stewart trained Paul Williams i guarantee he wouldnt get hit at all and would dominate the weight class
 07-15-2007, 09:44 AM         #205
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:

[pic - click to view]

What's Williams' walk around weight? This cat sooo skinny lookin'. Half somalian???
LOL...dats how im built. He's 25, so he might still just be "skinny" walkin around. I'd give him about 170 walkin around.
 07-15-2007, 10:32 AM         #206
BROOKLYNSTANDUP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cotto would whoop both they a.sses, and I like Margarito but he just looked lost for most of the f!ght.. i give credit to williams for not slowing down in the later rounds cause thats what margarito planned on happening.... williams threw the most punches in the last round of the f!ght so his conditioning is obviously good...
 10 years ago '04        #207
Chokeabiish 
space
space
$7,801 | Props total: 0 0
Margarito came on too late n williams won i think on ring generalship. He is very qwik for his height but thats about it. I would honestly bet on cotto ko'n him.
 07-15-2007, 01:32 PM         #208
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chokeabiish said:
Margarito came on too late n williams won i think on ring generalship. He is very qwik for his height but thats about it. I would honestly bet on cotto ko'n him.
U think so? Margarito, who I think hits much harder than Cotto, couldnt put him in serious danger....how could Cotto?.....with punching power aside, style-wise I dont even think Cotto would be able to get close to Paul.
 07-15-2007, 01:48 PM         #209
chillin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DCReprezenta said:
U think so? Margarito, who I think hits much harder than Cotto, couldnt put him in serious danger....how could Cotto?.....with punching power aside, style-wise I dont even think Cotto would be able to get close to Paul.
I agree,,,,same style,,paul would f!ght the same style he did with margarito,,,and I honestly think,,,,margarito has the more solid chin than cotto...and i don't think cotto would want this f!ght anyway,,,I see him f!ghting margarito before even thinking of f!ghting paul....
 07-15-2007, 01:52 PM         #210
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chillin said:
I agree,,,,same style,,paul would f!ght the same style he did with margarito,,,and I honestly think,,,,margarito has the more solid chin than cotto...and i don't think cotto would want this f!ght anyway,,,I see him f!ghting margarito before even thinking of f!ghting paul....
Paul, wit dat style is gonna be a problem for a while.
 07-15-2007, 02:00 PM         #211
chillin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It would be great if there was rematch,,just to see how the f!ghters would do anything different from the first f!ght,,,,Margarito would do doubt come out firing from round 1
 10 years ago '06        #212
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,491 | Props total: 14786 14786
 chillin said:
It would be great if there was rematch,,just to see how the f!ghters would do anything different from the first f!ght,,,,Margarito would do doubt come out firing from round 1
he would prolly SAY thats what he would do but Margarito has always been a slow starter
 07-15-2007, 02:19 PM         #213
chillin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Besides his lost to santos and his win over josh clottey both decisions....i wouldn't say margarito has always been a slow starter,,,paul will always be a difficult f!ghter to f!ght becuz of his height and reach...which is why it took longer than usual..

-- Andrew Lewis, Las Vegas, NV, TKO 2
-- Maurice Brantley, Phoenix, AZ, TKO 2
-- Hercules Kyvelos, Phoenix, AZ, TKO 2
-- Sebastian Lujan, Atlantic City, NJ, TKO 10
-- Kermit Cintron, Las Vegas, NV, TKO 5
-- Manuel Gomez, Las Vegas, NV, TKO 1

Last edited by chillin; 07-15-2007 at 02:20 PM..
 07-15-2007, 06:47 PM         #214
FaceMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 creep said:
margarito just proved he was never ready for PBF
Definetly an unfounded a.ssumption.
 10 years ago '05        #215
Hold That 103 heat pts103 OP
space
space
$36,736 | Props total: 12561 12561
 FaceMob said:
Definetly an unfounded a.ssumption.
He couldnt even beat a cat who plays ZERO defense, there shouldnt be any doubt that he can go up against Mayweather.

From round 1 you seen how Paul Williams was giving Margarito the business..

Mayweather would have Arturo Gatti'd his a.ss.
 07-15-2007, 06:56 PM         #216
FaceMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
He couldnt even beat a cat who plays ZERO defense, there shouldnt be any doubt that he can go up against Mayweather.

From round 1 you seen how Paul Williams was giving Margarito the business..

Mayweather would have Arturo Gatti'd his a.ss.
Floyd wouldnt and couldnt f!ght the same f!ght as Williams. Williams range played a big role in the f!ght. He has a much longer jab than Mayweather and Mayweather has even less pop than Williams. You cant definetly say what someone would do based on a f!ght against someone else. Styles make f!ghts.

Floyds workrate isnt even half that of Williams and Floyd is 5'8" on a good day.
 10 years ago '04        #217
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,017 | Props total: 1576 1576
 FaceMob said:
Floyd wouldnt and couldnt f!ght the same f!ght as Williams. Williams range played a big role in the f!ght. He has a much longer jab than Mayweather and Mayweather has even less pop than Williams. You cant definetly say what someone would do based on a f!ght against someone else. Styles make f!ghts.

Floyds workrate isnt even half that of Williams and Floyd is 5'8" on a good day.
... is all i can do
 10 years ago '05        #218
space
space
 FaceMob said:

This right here destroys your whole arguement.

When have you ever seen Floyd f!ght ANYONES f!ght?

Floyd sets his own PACE, Floyd is always the general in the ring. Floyd is always the smartest boxer whenever he steps in the ring or in the stadium for that matter.

Do you really think Floyd would just forget his brain at home and f!ght Paul Williams f!ght?

Floyd would also be smart enough to let Paul Williams come at him if he can't move forward.

We all know Floyd is the best f!ghter in boxing in f!ghting going backwards. Floyd could be on the ropes all day dodging P-WIlls pitter patter and picking his shots while one the ropes.

People underestimate Floyds greatness because they cant stand his c*ckiness. Floyd is a great boxer period.

Last edited by Hold That; 07-15-2007 at 07:20 PM..
 10 years ago '05        #219
space
space
Oh and those angles that Paul gives his f!ghters are nice, but he doesnt block after he throws.

Nobody is better at Floyd than making you pay for mistakes and not blocking yourself.

Floyd would be doing that to Paul's face allday. Paul has ZERO defense, get this in your head ZERO defense. That wont fly against Floyd.
 07-15-2007, 07:55 PM         #220
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 FaceMob said:

Of course Williams has a longer jab than Mayweather, he's over 6 feet tall! Mayweather having less pop than dude is comical too, seeing how he has just 24 knockouts and all.:rolleyes: As far as the workrate......I won't even comment on that.
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
89 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
196 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
61 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
94 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Dad challenges daughter’s boyfriend to video game grudge match, gets ..
18 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Ashamed Of Pixel Sales, Google Begins Hiding Pixel Launcher Install Count In P..
10 comments
2 days ago
@tech
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy