Paul Wiliiams vs. Antonio Margarito(Fight of the Year!)

most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
49 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
16 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
86 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-15-2007, 12:46 AM         #181
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chillin said:
I just typed what i said...don't put words in my mouth......you got a guy saying margarito is a joke...and another saying he looked terrible....did they see the same f!ght,,,,i thought it was a good f!ght...to say paul whooped him is a overstatement.....paul outpunched him,,,
What the fu*k does "who showed up?" mean if you're not trying to say Williams wasn't boxing to your standards?
 07-15-2007, 12:57 AM         #182
chillin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 texasplayboy_23 said:
What the fu*k does "who showed up?" mean if you're not trying to say Williams wasn't boxing to your standards?
punching power
 07-15-2007, 01:02 AM         #183
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 chillin said:
punching power
He's not a power puncher....that's the way he's built. But he was ALOT more active than Margarito and landed more punches. Having that f!ght a draw up until the 12th round is just ridiculous.
 07-15-2007, 01:17 AM         #184
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Williams was definitely more active and landed more punches but Margarito landed the more effective power punches and definitely the body shots. Like I said, Williams did exhibit more "ring generalship" and clearly won the rounds he did win more convincingly. But to say Paul Williams dominated this f!ght is laughable.
 07-15-2007, 01:20 AM         #185
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gramz said:
Williams was definitely more active and landed more punches but Margarito landed the more effective power punches and definitely the body shots. Like I said, Williams did exhibit more "ring generalship" and clearly won the rounds he did win more convincingly. But to say Paul Williams dominated this f!ght is laughable.
Laughable? ...even all the commentators thought Williams was more dominate. What f!ght were you watching?
 07-15-2007, 01:28 AM         #186
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I was cleary watching the same f!ght that Kevin Iole, Tim Smith, Bill Dwyre, Steve Kim, Doug Fischer, Robert Morales, Carlos Arias, David Avila and Francisco Salazar were watching.

Williams dominated the first five rounds easily and won the 12th round decisively as well. As for the other six rounds, a case can be made for Margarito winning any of those rounds or those rounds being 10-10. Williams won the f!ght but clearly not in the dominating way you speak of. Like I said, this f!ght could of easily been a draw and many boxing journalists also see this the same way. A rematch needs to be made.

Last edited by Gramzsdfasdfsdf; 07-15-2007 at 01:29 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #187
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,062 | Props total: 986 986
Promoter Bob Arum said after the f!ght that the loss did not diminish Margarito's status. Arum said he'll speak with Margarito next week about a f!ght against unbeaten Miguel Cotto.

07-15-2007, 01:37 AM         #188
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Margarito possibly won the 5th round and 3 of the later rounds and only 1 of those rounds he won convincingly. 6 rounds is a huuuuge stretch homie....and how often do you see a 10-10 round??

Last edited by texasplayboy_23; 07-15-2007 at 01:38 AM..
 10 years ago '05        #189
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,062 | Props total: 986 986
 texasplayboy_23 said:
Margarito possibly won the 5th round and 3 of the later rounds and only 1 of those rounds he won convincingly. 6 rounds is a huuuuge stretch homie....and how often do you see a 10-10 round??
Teddy Atlas' scorecard every friday night f!ghts
 07-15-2007, 01:46 AM         #190
texasplayboy_23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sizzler01 said:
Teddy Atlas' scorecard every friday night f!ghts
:rolleyes:
 07-15-2007, 01:49 AM         #191
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
didn't I just state that Paul Williams won the rounds he did more convincingly? The sixth round was a close round but the fifth wasn't... Williams clearly won the fifth round. The tide started turn into the sixth and I think Margarito would have to have won the 12th to win the f!ght. I can clearly see how many of those boxing journalists and sports' writers had the f!ght as a draw. Anybody who watched this f!ght objectively knows this f!ght was very close and deserving of a rematch.

I would rather see a Williams-Margarito rematch than a Cotto-Margarito bout right now.

Last edited by Gramzsdfasdfsdf; 07-15-2007 at 01:55 AM..
 07-15-2007, 01:50 AM         #192
chillin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sizzler01 said:
Promoter Bob Arum said after the f!ght that the loss did not diminish Margarito's status. Arum said he'll speak with Margarito next week about a f!ght against unbeaten Miguel Cotto.

Good sh*t....
 10 years ago '07        #193
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,056 | Props total: 30353 30353
 Sizzler01 said:

It may not damage his stock but.... i don't see how Cotto would still wanna f!ght him.
 07-15-2007, 01:53 AM         #194
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Shane Mosley-Miguel Cotto is definitely the f!ght to make right now. Floyd needs to drop back down to 140 and f!ght Ricky Hatton at that weight.
 07-15-2007, 01:57 AM         #195
chillin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gramz said:
didn't I just state that Paul Williams won the rounds he did more convincingly? The sixth round was a close round but the fifth wasn't... Williams clearly won the fifth round. The tide started turn into the sixth and I think Margarito would have to won the 12th to win the f!ght. I can clearly see how many of those boxing journalists and sports' writers had the f!ght as a draw. Anybody who watched this f!ght objectively knows this f!ght was very close and deserving of a rematch.

I would rather see a Williams-Margarito rematch than a Cotto-Margarito bout right now.

Margarito fought a good f!ght...he did what he was supposed to do...being that paul has the height and reach....margarito had no choice but to f!ght inside...he was effective,,,paul defineltly recieved the harder punches....paul basically just won on punches landed.....
 07-15-2007, 01:57 AM         #196
chillin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
It may not damage his stock but.... i don't see how Cotto would still wanna f!ght him.
why not?
 10 years ago '07        #197
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
 chillin said:
why not?

Why f!ght someone with no name that lost.... when you can f!ght someone with no name that won?

H*ll, why not just f!ght someone with a name... and make it a PPV?
 07-15-2007, 02:08 AM         #198
chillin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Even tho margarito barely loss,,he was still impressive...and remember its a business,,,this would be more exciting f!ght for the fans.....and i can't remember anyone taking it to the punisher like the way margarito did....
 10 years ago '07        #199
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space

[pic - click to view]

What's Williams' walk around weight? This cat sooo skinny lookin'. Half somalian???
 10 years ago '05        #200
D-BLOCK4LIFE 
space
space
space
$1,111 | Props total: 0 0
it was definitely a good f!ght...i did thought that williams won the f!ght... margarito hurt himself in the first half of the f!ght and he definitely won the 12th...williams was just busier in the f!ght and thats how he won
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
44 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - Alien Spacecraft Discovered? Scientists believe so
23 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
80 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
270 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
170 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
148 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
132 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
DMV Niggas Get In Here (DC/MD/VA)
78 comments
2 days ago