Paul Wiliiams vs. Antonio Margarito(Fight of the Year!)

most viewed right now
NBA Wildest Game Stats of the Year so far...?
17 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA NBA GMs vote Wolves star Towns best player to build around - Is it still t..
45 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Tom Savage concussion makes clear that NFL's protocol has major issues
12 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '05        #1
6395 pageviews
249 comments

Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,734 | Props total: 12554 12554
Paul Wiliiams vs. Antonio Margarito(f!ght of the Year!)

The year's boxing schedule has been littered with highly anticipated f!ghts: Oscar De La Hoya-Floyd Mayweather, Ricky Hatton-Jose Luis Castillo, Miguel Cotto-Zab Judah and Rafael Marquez-Israel Vazquez among them.

Now, the latest match in an outstanding run of the best f!ghting the best is upon us: Welterweight titlist Antonio Margarito (34-4, 24 KOs) faces highly regarded mandatory challenger Paul Williams (32-0, 24 KOs) Saturday night at the 8,000-seat outdoor Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif.

The f!ght, which many expect to be a barnburner, caps off a huge night of coast-to-coast welterweight action on HBO (9 p.m. ET).

The tripleheader will open in Atlantic City, N.J., where headliner Arturo Gatti (40-8, 31 KOs) returns to face Alfonso Gomez (16-3-2, 7 KOs) of "Contender" fame and Kermit Cintron (27-1, 25 KOs) defends his piece of the welterweight title against his mandatory challenger, Walter Matthysse (26-1, 25 KOs) of Argentina, in a battle of sluggers at Boardwalk Hall.

Margarito-Williams, dubbed "Pride N' Punishment," will follow from California. Perhaps it's a case of saving the best for last?

"You cannot predict with certainty how a f!ght is going to unfold. However, based on what I have seen of the styles of these f!ghters, it cannot help but be an exciting f!ght," said Bob Arum, Margarito's promoter. "Now, how exciting compared to Cotto-Judah? We will have to see. But certainly, it is going to be more exciting in the ring than De La Hoya-Mayweather."

Dan Goossen, Williams' promoter who won the rights to the f!ght with purse bid of $1.9 million and subsequent out-of-court settlement with Arum, agreed with his rival.

"One of the great things this year we have seen are some great anticipated match-ups and this is certainly I think one of the top ones," he said. "We have had De La Hoya-Mayweather, Cotto-Judah, Hatton-Castillo and I think at the top of that chain, we have two of the hungriest, in their prime, welterweights in the world -- one that we know has been considered the most feared f!ghter in boxing [Margarito], and the other one who wants to show that that title deserves to be on his shoulders."

Margarito has more on the line besides his belt. A victory will pave the way to a major HBO PPV f!ght in the fall against fellow titleholder Cotto. Their deal is done contingent on Margarito winning.

"They are talking about a lot of big f!ghts for me in the future, but my future is [Saturday]," he said. "I must win or I can forget about any immediate big f!ghts."

Margarito, who counts a knockout win against Cintron among his seven title defenses, is confident despite Williams owning many advantages. Williams, who owns a 10th-round knockout of Matthysse at the Home Depot Center in 2006, is younger (25 to 29), taller (6 feet, 1 inch to 5-11) and a lanky southpaw.

"Williams is undefeated so he doesn't know how to lose," Margarito said. "But he has never been in the ring with anybody like me."

The two sparred a few years ago, but they have different recollections of the session. Williams says he got the better of the action and cut Margarito.

"The truth never changes. I cut him and he knows that," said Williams, who is predicting a seventh-round knockout. "If he was a real man, he would admit that. I cut him, hurt him to the body and they sent me home. I am here to win. I am going to win. Margarito already knows the deal. He has already lost two rounds in sparring against me. I am going to mop the floor with him. You can take that to the bank."

Said Margarito: "I don't understand what Williams is basing his facts on. He did not cut me. His camp is full of [lies]."
]

[pic - click to view]

http://sports.espn.go.com .. dan&id=2935157

When Paul Williams mops the floor with Margarito, I can't wait to see how many n*ggas start bandwagoning Williams.

I been supporting the n*gga from day 1.

Last edited by Hold That; 07-14-2007 at 01:27 PM..

249 comments for "Paul Wiliiams vs. Antonio Margarito(Fight of the Year!)"

10 years ago '05        #2
Sizzler01 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,059 | Props total: 984 984
I support Williams too but Margarito will take him out

nice preview of the f!ght
 07-14-2007, 02:09 PM         #3
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I would buy this on PPV if HBO wasn't showing it. Definitely one of the f!ghts I have been looking forward to.
 10 years ago '04        #4
trill1 
space
space
$2,717 | Props total: 395 395
cant wait to see this imma get the roy jones f!ght to on ppv i get it for free so im not trippn.....
 10 years ago '06        #5
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,462 | Props total: 14706 14706
man i been on the Williams bandwagon since i seen that n*gga on damn Friday Night f!ghts or whatever on ESPN a cpl years ago. Williams is a BEAST! cant wait for the f!ght!
 10 years ago '05        #6
Suavebeatz 32 heat pts32
space
space
$10,324 | Props total: 14097 14097
I been waiting for this f!ght..i dont see Paul Williams losing anytime soon..i remember seeing Jermain Taylor a few years back saying yup hes gonna be a champion....i get that same feeling with Paul Williams his freakish build..he will be the Randy Moss of the WBC

mark my words....he will Ko Margarito
 07-14-2007, 05:27 PM         #7
chillin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm taking Margarito in this f!ght,,,,,he's the hardest puncher in that division,,,tko 7
 10 years ago '04        #8
Chokeabiish 
space
space
$7,801 | Props total: 0 0
too close to tell who will win tha williams f!ght. I have gotti winnin n maybe cintron winnin too i dont know sh*t about other dude so i cant really say...but its a triple header..its gone be one hell of a night.
 07-14-2007, 06:14 PM         #9
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ima ride wit Paul on dis one.
 10 years ago '05        #10
Suavebeatz 32 heat pts32
space
space
iM GONNA GET c*ckY WIT IT AND SAY PAUL WILLIAMS WILL GET THE TKO BEFORE THE 8TH ROUND!!!

:banghead: :banghead:
 07-14-2007, 08:05 PM         #11
elferoz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
anybody got an hbo stream for the f!ghts tonight?
 10 years ago '05        #12
Suavebeatz 32 heat pts32
space
space
cintrons a beast WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
 10 years ago '04        #13
Chokeabiish 
space
space
$7,801 | Props total: 0 0
damn..lol...knocked dude out with that one two.
 07-14-2007, 08:22 PM         #14
DCReprezenta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wow@Cintron.
 10 years ago '04        #15
BrBHZ 8 heat pts
space
space
$16,231 | Props total: 3010 3010
jesus Cintron went to work on matthysse
 10 years ago '04        #16
1MikE 9 heat pts
space
space
$7,011 | Props total: 1573 1573
oooooo wwwweeeeee Cintron knocked dog poo-poo out homeboy
 10 years ago '04        #17
AlSween 
space
space
$1,386 | Props total: 26 26
if williams kos margaritto he better never mention mayweather again.
 10 years ago '04        #18
trill1 
space
space
 BrBHZ said:
jesus Cintron went to work on matthysse
yea thats the truth he crushed this n*gga did you see his right hand crush this n*gga dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
 10 years ago '04        #19
BrBHZ 8 heat pts
space
space
$16,231 | Props total: 3010 3010
 trill1 said:
yea thats the truth he crushed this n*gga did you see his right hand crush this n*gga dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
yeah...that last flurry was nasty. the left ko'd em that right cleaned em up
 10 years ago '04        #20
trill1 
space
space
yall think gotti gonna take this next 1
Home      

most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
51 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
209 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
84 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
82 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
139 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
34 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
190 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy