Jul 12 - Black Shoppers Sue Toys'R'Us, $400M for Discrimination

most viewed right now
 119
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
112 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 94
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
60 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 81
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
97 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 60
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
58 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 07-18-2007, 07:14 PM         #141
Karl Spackler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dex1can said:
everytime i go to best buy i get asked for a receipt, and i'm not a fu*king retard so i just show it to them and walk out instead of making a scene
I walk out WITHOUT showing a receipt and WITHOUT causing a scene because I know my rights. :finger:

It's not a strip search, and it's not the final step in removing civil liberties - It's an early step. If we allow this step, will we allow the next step? What about the next? When will it stop? When will it end? It will always end with society totally enslaved. With that in mind, EVERY STEP is worth f!ghting for, to maintain the freedoms that we hold so precious to us. Without those freedoms, what else do we have?

Many of you will not understand or agree right now, but you will one day.


Last edited by Karl Spackler; 07-18-2007 at 07:18 PM..
 07-18-2007, 10:44 PM         #142
dbs hoodrat 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
Man the ignorance in this thread.
Seriously man, I'm Italian and get asked every day. sh*t I went to best buy on lunch today and they asked me to see my reciept.

If you bought everything, what does it matter? It's not a strip search. If you ever go into a sams club or costco, they go through your reciept and count your items, white, black, mexican, asian.

If anything negative happens to a person of color, fools are too quick to call racism. And no, them dumb a.ss bi*ches don't deserve millions of dollars. If anything, Toys R us should give them a max of 50g's. And that's just to shut them up and not drag it out in court.


Yes racism exists in this country. But when I go to the mall, and get stared at and mean mugged the entire time, cashiers givin' me attitude like I'm wasting their time for buying something, do you hear me callin racism? No. You pick and choose your battles. A security guard asking to see your reciept, is not worth the time and energy to get upset. Unless you're low class and tryin' to make a comeup.



a-motherfu*king-men :applause:
 07-18-2007, 10:52 PM         #143
LearnToSpell 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they often ask people for receipts...once again the race card has been pulled out
 07-19-2007, 04:35 AM         #144
jataylorlfc 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BoxerE said:
the sad thing is that only white people are saying that this case is stupid, but really though they don't know how it feels like to be of color. I'm not black but most of my friends are and they are treated differently, they're watched at stores, they get randomly pulled over for minor offences and are just treated differently in public places. People can't see the underlying racism in this country and it's kinda sad.
no most ppl have said this is stupid as it happens 2 everyone.

and ur argument really starts 2 deteriorate then doesnt it
 07-19-2007, 08:20 AM         #145
Karl Spackler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 micchecka said:
a couple years ago i got asked to show my receipt at walmart by a BLACK WOMAN and im white. and its the only time thats ever happened to me. and when i didnt have it (left it at electronics), she went back to the electronics part to check and see and when they showed her, she let me go, all that hassle and i dont even remember an apology

so maybe i should sue for discrimination as well, i didnt see her ask any blacks for receipts
You can't sue and neither can they.

You gave up your rights by waiting there. By showing the receipt, or allowing them to look at it, you are CONCENTING TO A SEARCH!!! You have a 4th Amendment right of due process, that shall not be violated without probable cause or consent. Probable cause is actual evidence that you actually stole something. Consent is when you give up your rights because you're too stupid to know what they are. The company's monthly losses DO NOT TRUMP the rights of the people! They have NO LEGAL AUTHORITY TO STOP YOU!!!! If you stop, it is a voluntary action, all they can do is beg you to stop. If they take it to the next level, your rights WILL BE VIOLATED AND YOU CAN SUE FOR BUKU BUCKS!!

Remember, asking for a receipt is not a violation of your rights. Physically stopping you and forcibly detaining you, without specific evidence of a crime, they are violating SEVERAL of you Constitutional rights and should be sued quickly.


These people should be totally ignored. Just walk right passed them, and keep on walking. If they put their hands on you THEN EVERYBODY CAN SUE!!!!!!!


Are you guys starting to understand this?????


Last edited by Karl Spackler; 07-19-2007 at 08:30 AM..
 07-19-2007, 08:38 AM         #146
dipsetgrl022 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't blame the ppl 4 suein' for all dat money..maybe it'll teach stores to be careful wat they do n' say 2 ppl of color..they gon' b scared 2 fu*k wit us now lol
 10 years ago '04        #147
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
avatar space
space
$22,138 | Props total: 9448 9448
 micchecka said:
a couple years ago i got asked to show my receipt at walmart by a BLACK WOMAN and im white. and its the only time thats ever happened to me. and when i didnt have it (left it at electronics), she went back to the electronics part to check and see and when they showed her, she let me go, all that hassle and i dont even remember an apology

so maybe i should sue for discrimination as well, i didnt see her ask any blacks for receipts
Remember, whites can't call racism. Just the way it is. Apparently it's impossible for whites to get discriminated against. (SARCASM)

 Karl Spackler said:
You can't sue and neither can they.

You gave up your rights by waiting there. By showing the receipt, or allowing them to look at it, you are CONCENTING TO A SEARCH!!! You have a 4th Amendment right of due process, that shall not be violated without probable cause or consent. Probable cause is actual evidence that you actually stole something. Consent is when you give up your rights because you're too stupid to know what they are. The company's monthly losses DO NOT TRUMP the rights of the people! They have NO LEGAL AUTHORITY TO STOP YOU!!!! If you stop, it is a voluntary action, all they can do is beg you to stop. If they take it to the next level, your rights WILL BE VIOLATED AND YOU CAN SUE FOR BUKU BUCKS!!

Remember, asking for a receipt is not a violation of your rights. Physically stopping you and forcibly detaining you, without specific evidence of a crime, they are violating SEVERAL of you Constitutional rights and should be sued quickly.


These people should be totally ignored. Just walk right passed them, and keep on walking. If they put their hands on you THEN EVERYBODY CAN SUE!!!!!!!


Are you guys starting to understand this?????
LOL at the crusader. No offense man, I get what you're saying and it's right, but why does it matter? The company wants to protect profits. It's a simple fact that people steal. So if you didn't steal anything, what's so hard to take 30sec. out of your life to show a receipt and then go?

It's not that big of a deal. They're just doing their job. You think that person would rather be there asking for reciepts if they didn't have to? I mean c'mon man. That just bein' an a.ss hole and tryin' to throw the constitution around just to make someone elses life harder. If they ask for a reciept, LIKE THEIR MANAGER TOLD THEM TO, all you have to do is show it and keep it movin'.

Like I said before, pick your battles. It ain't no thang. Now if they're hastling you, that's another problem. But if they just doin' their job, why would you go out of your way to make someone elses life harder?


Last edited by ItAlY2BkLyN; 07-19-2007 at 12:44 PM..
 07-19-2007, 01:07 PM         #148
Karl Spackler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
Remember, whites can't call racism. Just the way it is. Apparently it's impossible for whites to get discriminated against. (SARCASM)



LOL at the crusader. No offense man, I get what you're saying and it's right, but why does it matter? The company wants to protect profits. It's a simple fact that people steal. So if you didn't steal anything, what's so hard to take 30sec. out of your life to show a receipt and then go?

It's not that big of a deal. They're just doing their job. You think that person would rather be there asking for reciepts if they didn't have to? I mean c'mon man. That just bein' an a.ss hole and tryin' to throw the constitution around just to make someone elses life harder. If they ask for a reciept, LIKE THEIR MANAGER TOLD THEM TO, all you have to do is show it and keep it movin'.

Like I said before, pick your battles. It ain't no thang. Now if they're hastling you, that's another problem. But if they just doin' their job, why would you go out of your way to make someone elses life harder?
Hey man, I hear what you're saying, but I disagree. I disagree that it ain't no thang, and I disagree with just movin it along. Movin it along would go a lot smoother if they weren't standing there fu*kin panhandling receipts in the first place.

With that said.

Here's an experiment. Let's get some statistics to show how much stolen property gets recovered monthly and yearly by receipt checks at the exit.

I have no idea how to go about finding REAL information like this, but it would be interesting to look at. It will pretty much squash the discussion because if there's enough loss prevention because of it, then I just might reconsider my opinion.

Also, when I say loss prevention, I'm not referring to the deterrent factor, I'm talking about straight up catching people stealing because there's something in the bag that's not on the receipt.

Personally, I don't think it will justify the machine, you know?

And also, from what I've learned about loss prevention, the most shrinkage in retail is not from the shoppers, but from the employees.

If people wanna give up their rights, that's totally up to them. I certainly will not.

I am a firm believer in picking and choosing my battles, I was a shop steward for a NYC construction local, so I know all about that. But when it comes to personal freedom and individual rights, they are ALL worth f!ght for.

You should be happy that there's someone "out there" that's willing to put their foot down with all this scumbaggery.

But if they just doin' their job, why would you go out of your way to make someone elses life harder?
Dude, when I'm on my way out of a store and someone stops me to ask for ANYTHING, they're going outta their way to make MY life harder.

And remember, the guards at Abu Garib were just doing their job.

The cops that beat Rodney King were just doing their job.

The NAZI war criminals were just doing their jobs.

My friend... we HAVE TO draw the line somewhere! Now is the time to draw that line. If we give up any more rights, pretty soon we won't be able to f!ght anything at all.


Last edited by Karl Spackler; 07-19-2007 at 01:12 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #149
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
avatar space
space
$22,138 | Props total: 9448 9448
 Karl Spackler said:
Hey man, I hear what you're saying, but I disagree. I disagree that it ain't no thang, and I disagree with just movin it along. Movin it along would go a lot smoother if they weren't standing there fu*kin panhandling receipts in the first place.

With that said.

Here's an experiment. Let's get some statistics to show how much stolen property gets recovered monthly and yearly by receipt checks at the exit.

I have no idea how to go about finding REAL information like this, but it would be interesting to look at. It will pretty much squash the discussion because if there's enough loss prevention because of it, then I just might reconsider my opinion.

Also, when I say loss prevention, I'm not referring to the deterrent factor, I'm talking about straight up catching people stealing because there's something in the bag that's not on the receipt.

Personally, I don't think it will justify the machine, you know?

And also, from what I've learned about loss prevention, the most shrinkage in retail is not from the shoppers, but from the employees.

If people wanna give up their rights, that's totally up to them. I certainly will not.

I am a firm believer in picking and choosing my battles, I was a shop steward for a NYC construction local, so I know all about that. But when it comes to personal freedom and individual rights, they are ALL worth f!ght for.

You should be happy that there's someone "out there" that's willing to put their foot down with all this scumbaggery.



Dude, when I'm on my way out of a store and someone stops me to ask for ANYTHING, they're going outta their way to make MY life harder.

And remember, the guards at Abu Garib were just doing their job.

The cops that beat Rodney King were just doing their job.

The NAZI war criminals were just doing their jobs.

My friend... we HAVE TO draw the line somewhere! Now is the time to draw that line. If we give up any more rights, pretty soon we won't be able to f!ght anything at all.

Props on the post man. One of the most intelligent posts I've read on here. I would like to see those statistics too. Because if the loss prevention doesn't justify the means, then I'm right with you brother.

As far as just doing their jobs. I'm talkin' about the old man (usually in a wheelchair) whose manager told him to just sit there and ask for receipts. Lookin' from his point of view I'm thinking he's like

"man I gotta just stand here and ask fools for their reciepts. Can't you just flash it real quick so I won't get in trouble?"

None the less, I still see your point.
 07-19-2007, 08:12 PM         #150
Karl Spackler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ItAlY2BkLyN said:
Props on the post man. One of the most intelligent posts I've read on here. I would like to see those statistics too. Because if the loss prevention doesn't justify the means, then I'm right with you brother.

As far as just doing their jobs. I'm talkin' about the old man (usually in a wheelchair) whose manager told him to just sit there and ask for receipts. Lookin' from his point of view I'm thinking he's like

"man I gotta just stand here and ask fools for their reciepts. Can't you just flash it real quick so I won't get in trouble?"

None the less, I still see your point.
Good sh*t.

I hope someone that has access to the stats is reading this and posts up a link to so me official looking sh*t, so we can make that determine.

... Or maybe someone that works in a retail store can actually ask the manager (if there's a cool one) to cough up some stats from the computer or the loss prevention company or whatever.

It's an interesting subject and something that gets under my skin.

Understand that my wife is a "just show it and keep it movin" person, and I'm the "I aint showing you sh*t!" person, so we just don't shop in stores that check receipts to avoid arguing with each other.

:D
 07-19-2007, 08:37 PM         #151
Steve--O 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wow man america is still hysterical over racism. anything that happens with a black person and a white person it has to be racial. It could of just been a random check and hell i bet a load of other black people just went through the store without being stopped.
Stupid fu*king idiots, like the second post said people will do anything for money these days.
 10 years ago '05        #152
airmcnair06 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$6,001 | Props total: 0 0
this some bullsh*t. All the bi*ch had to do was show him. Most of the time they dont even look at it. They just wanna see a piece of paper. I can see if she saw some white people walked past and he DIDN'T ask them. But the story doesn't say that.....

I experienced sumthing similar.

I was in mejier and the greeter bi*ch (white) didnt say sh*t to me or this other black dude. I stood behind her without her knowing and watched and she gave the biggest smile and greeting to some white people that came in. I walked away
 07-20-2007, 10:32 PM         #153
JediKnight'sSon 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rawchester said:
Then check everybodys receipt you dumb fu*k.. that is the point of this article, the fact that toys'r'us does not look at EVERYBODY'S recipts, only a select few.
word up
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 24
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
137 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 24
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 21
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 13
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
75 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 7
NBA Kelly Oubre with the supreme sleeve in a game
79 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 6
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 5
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 4
Final Bright Trailer: Will Smith Gets a Magic Wand
17 comments
2 days ago
@movies
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy