Jul 12 - Black Shoppers Sue Toys'R'Us, $400M for Discrimination

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
67 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
93 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-13-2007, 09:19 AM         #81
Karl Spackler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Styl3s said:

thats the word "probable" cause, if the store security has PROBABLE cause or PROOF that you stole something they are allowed to search your bags or you
First of all you're dead wrong. Only the police can search you *IF* they have sufficient evidence that you committed an illegal act and can back up that claim in court.

Secondly, let's say you bought some stuff, and didn't steal anything...
How can they have probable cause to search you, if You KNOW that you didn't steal anything? Why should you feel it necessary to surrender your constitutional rights to these retards? In reality, if you had some fu*kin BALLS you'd be pretty fu*kin insulted that they are accusing you of stealing with absolutely NO EVIDENCE. They're only banking on your ignorance of your rights and taking advantage of your stupidity

you act like security cops have no power, they do, just like how they can arrest you till proper authorties can arrive
They don't.

I beat up security guards for fun. They're nothing but wannabe cops on a power trip. I bi*ch slapped a security guard once and the little bi*ch said, "Owwwww" and started crying.

fu*k outta here with YOUR bullsh*t, pus*y.

Be a fu*kin man and stand up for your rights.
 10 years ago '04        #82
bomester 
space
space
$2,634 | Props total: 0 0
 TValles said:
that is discrimination because come on now the registers are always near the damn exit doors so to ask that is over the line...they should get that money
 07-13-2007, 09:26 AM         #83
Deuce21 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
The amount the ladies are asking for may be a bit exorbitant but they are not wrong. Until I actually thought about it i thought this was sum bs an that they jus wanted money. But until it happens to you or you see sum shyt like that happen u will never know the feeling.

if they don't check everyone its discrimination...period.
YOU DAMN RIGHT!

Once I accompanied my mother, who is a civilian pentagon employee, to a luncheon at a restaurant. Because of this event military personel, received half off their meal. Everyone that was in the military that day was allowed to dress down in civilian clothing. Everyone before us in line just happened to be white and they, without showing credentials, were automatically given half off there meal. When it was my mothers turn to pay the cashier charged her full price. Mind you, only a couple people initially in front of us were military personel the majority were civilians. My mother was pissed , and like the ladies at "toys r us" she should have been. She didn't take as far as a lawsiut, but, she let the manager know how she felt and his was just as enraged that it happened as she was and yes we ate for free that day and the corporate office called her and apologized and i think gave her a gift card for the restaurant to eat free again. The thing is..they knew what the deal was the were tryna prevent our situation from ending up in court just like the ladies in this article. I believe personal race a.ssumptions create these situations although a company's employees are representing the company so when issues happen whom do you think is going to get penilized...

Last edited by Deuce21; 07-13-2007 at 09:44 AM..
 10 years ago '06        #84
dmoney80 
space
space
$1,416 | Props total: 12 12
THATS BULLsh*t 2 THE FULLEST. I mean sh*t I shop @ wal-mart & bestbuy all the time and they always be asking me & EVERY1 ELSE IN THE STORE 4 THEIR receipt. I'm black so does that mean that they're racist 4 verifying that I paid ????? LOL
 10 years ago '06        #85
dmoney80 
space
space
$1,416 | Props total: 12 12
 Deuce21 said:
The amount the ladies are asking for may be a bit exorbitant but they are not wrong. Until I actually thought about it i thought this was sum bs an that they jus wanted money. But until it happens to you or you see sum shyt like that happen u will never know the feeling.

YOU DAMN RIGHT!

Once I accompanied my mother, who is a civilian pentagon employee, to a luncheon at a restaurant. Because of this event military personel, received half off their meal. Everyone that was in the military that day was allowed to dress down in civilian clothing. Everyone before us in line just happened to be white and they, without showing credentials, were automatically given half off there meal. When it was my mothers turn to pay the cashier charged her full price. Mind you, only a couple people initially in front of us were military personel the majority were civilians. My mother was pissed , and like the ladies at "toys r us" she should have been. Although she didn't take as far as a lawsiut, but, she let the manager know how she felt and his was just as inraged that it happened then she was and yes we ate for free that day and the croperate office called her and apologized and i think gave her a gift card for the restaurant to eat free again. The thing is..they knew what the deal was the were tryna prevent our situation from ending up in court just like the ladies in this article.
U know wut I agree 100%...IN YOUR CASE, I'D SAY IT WAS DISCRIMINATION, BUT NOT WITH THESE 2 LADIES @ TOYS R' US. Ur situation is much different homie. U guys were standing in line and the cashier blatantly charged u guys full price w/ out even asking 4 credentials.
 07-13-2007, 09:39 AM         #86
Karl Spackler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deuce21 said:
The thing is..they knew what the deal was the were tryna prevent our situation from ending up in court just like the ladies in this article.
You're right, but the thing is this:

In court, your moms would have lost. And frankly, had no case to begin with. When you see people suing these companies and getting money, it's not because of some "right" that was infringed upon, it's because the company usually offers a cash settlement to avoid generating any bad publicity.

Bad publicity is worse than a law suit.

Toys r Us will throw some money at these women just to shut them up about it. There will be no law suit, and there will be no trial.

Done.
 07-13-2007, 09:43 AM         #87
Fire_Thief_ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
so this basically means we can sue anybody for anything for millions of dollars? hell I'm down. lets all do it and get set for life! hell....
 07-13-2007, 09:46 AM         #88
34klub 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
[QUOTE=siccness;10001480]^^ The fact is that a lot of people shoplift. If I was the owner of a major retail store, I'd order strip searches, x-rays and cavity searches.

And you would be sued by all and out of business the next day.
 07-13-2007, 10:04 AM         #89
EncinoMan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Karl Spackler said:
You're right, but the thing is this:

In court, your moms would have lost. And frankly, had no case to begin with. When you see people suing these companies and getting money, it's not because of some "right" that was infringed upon, it's because the company usually offers a cash settlement to avoid generating any bad publicity.

Bad publicity is worse than a law suit.

Toys r Us will throw some money at these women just to shut them up about it. There will be no law suit, and there will be no trial.

Done.
Why are you so stupid? His mother did have a case because it was blatant discrimination. In the case of Toys R Us, that is a standard practice that is applied to people of all colors. I have personally been asked for my receipt, and I'm white. I showed it to them because I didn't steal anything and, having worked in retail, I understand the reasoning behind it. Under your theories and thought processes, however, because I have been asked to show my receipt, I am also entitled to my $200 million. Is that correct?
 07-13-2007, 10:05 AM         #90
EncinoMan 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 34klub said:
And you would be sued by all and out of business the next day.
Nice sense of humor...
 07-13-2007, 10:10 AM         #91
BrassMonkeyXP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Escobar97 said:
your a fu*king idiot
man fu*k you - you obviously dont know what the fu*k is up
 07-13-2007, 10:14 AM         #92
Fire_Thief_ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
well I know what the fu*k is up - these people like these women p!ss me off cause they get free money and all the rest of us have to work for a living!
 10 years ago '04        #93
Chokeabiish 
space
space
$7,801 | Props total: 0 0
phukin idiots. hope they get sued
 10 years ago '06        #94
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,629 | Props total: 2328 2328
As a black man who has been in retail for years, even managing a small retail store, it's not out of the question to ask to see a reciept, especially on large purchases or big ticket items...If you've ever been to a BJ's Warehouse, they ask everyone to show a reciept & punch it w/a paperpuncher, no matter how small the purchase is...it's just another level of loss prevention...
 07-13-2007, 10:50 AM         #95
Karl Spackler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BrassMonkeyXP again.

EncinoMan said:
His mother did have a case because it was blatant discrimination.
Discrimination how? What civil right had been violated?

From the story above, they mistakingly gave the people in front of her a 50% discount and she ended up paying the correct price. Technically, no harm was done to her.

In the case of Toys R Us, that is a standard practice that is applied to people of all colors.

So far, that's the only thing you said that's correct.

I have personally been asked for my receipt, and I'm white. I showed it to them because I didn't steal anything and, having worked in retail, I understand the reasoning behind it.
Well, Whoopty-God-Damndy-Doo!

You showed your receipt because you knew you didn't steal anything; and you gave up your 4th and 5th amendment rights because you either don't like them, don't appreciate them, or don't understand them.

Under your theories and thought processes, however, because I have been asked to show my receipt, I am also entitled to my $200 million. Is that correct?
I never claimed that these people have a legitimate claim. If they were searched and did not consent to it, then they can sue. If they consented to a search (showing the receipt is consenting to a search), then their rights were not violated because they waived their rights by consenting.

What I said is that they will still get an out-of-court-settlement from the company to avoid any bad publicity - especially now that the "Holiday" shopping season is about to begin...

You seem like a halfway intelligent person. Read the Bill of Rights and understand the rights you automatically have as an American citizen. People in countries all over the world would literally k!ll for the freedoms that we have. The least we can do is appreciate them.

It only starts with stores like circuit city and toys r us. Then comes the road blocks and checkpoints. That whole pussified reasoning "If we got nothing the hide, then what's the problem?" just don't fu*king cut it. We are FREE people! We DO NOT need to prove our innocence all over the god damned place.

Now we have a generation of children that see this and they learn from it. They see their parents being stopped by some 'perceived' authority and be falsely accused of a crime and put in a situation that they need to prove their innocence, or be detained. A child growing up in this environment will grow up into an adult that has no problem giving away even more civil rights until we are all "Guilty Until Proven Guilty". This is how it was in Europe under the tyranny of the King. This is all conditioning. You gotta break outta this sh*t.

Last edited by Karl Spackler; 07-13-2007 at 10:56 AM..
 10 years ago '04        #96
knives 
space
space
$1,571 | Props total: 24 24
 Karl Spackler said:
Yo! When the fu*k did they make a Toys R Us in the BX?
I had to drive up to Yonkers to hit a Toys R Us when I lived there.
There's a toys R Us in Co-op City.

Anyway, this is fu*king stupid. Most, if not all major retailers check your reciept before you leave. Best Buy does it to everyone. These chicks r reaching.

Last edited by knives; 07-13-2007 at 10:56 AM..
 07-13-2007, 11:00 AM         #97
Karl Spackler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 knives said:
There's a toys R Us in Co-op City.
Where I lived, the one up in Yonkers was easier to get to. I was right near the 241st exit on the Bronx River Parkway. I moved outta there in the early to mid 90's
 07-13-2007, 11:09 AM         #98
stfukthnx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wait, black people have to pay in stores? UNSPEAKABLE RACISM.
 07-13-2007, 11:10 AM         #99
TuJay 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
dont they have things that beep when you try to steal sh*t?
 07-13-2007, 11:10 AM         #100
stfukthnx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Vote Ron Paul, he'll make sure the victims of this horrible hate crime receive every dollar of the 400M they deserve.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
32 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
57 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
22 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
209 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
63 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy