amp questoin. what hertz to set the amplifier 2?

most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
33 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-11-2007, 07:51 PM         #1
9999 pageviews
3 comments

samakaballer 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
amp questoin. what hertz to set the amplifier 2?

this piece of sh*t kenwood amp i h ave , has this bass knob and if u dont have the bassk nob on , the sh*t won't really run any power at all to the subs.. so on the bas knob you amplify a certain frequency.. i have it set at the lowest which is 40hz... andi just hooked up 2 new 15" cvrs to the kenwood amp a few hours ago and i tried not turning it up 2 loud(to break in the subs) but then i just got 2 anxious to hear what they sounded like at a high volume.. so i turned my headunit up to 45 ( max is 62 i think , possibly 55 i forget) for maybe a good min' straight.. it was hitting pretty hard i wanted to turn it up more but im gonna keep it pretty mediocre for the next day or so to break them in.

but my main question is, should i put the frequency on the amplifier to 40 hz?? since i have the bass knob amplifying 40hz... the amplifier is currently set at 70 i think..

3 comments for "amp questoin. what hertz to set the amplifier 2?"

07-13-2007, 05:45 PM         #2
feardafoot  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Is the knob you are talking about have "DB" on it or is it just the "bass" knob? A good start for your subs would be 80 hz on your amp. I dont know what kind of deck you have but set the sub out at 80 also if it's aftermarket.. Set the bass on 0 on your deck and use the gain from the amp to get your desired sound. The proper way to set the gain on an amp requires a multimeter. If the amp is strong enough to blow the subs you need to really set the gain right.
 10 years ago '04        #3
JayR04 112 heat pts112
space
space
$10,947 | Props total: 5711 5711
i have a kenwood amp too. tha frequency depends on tha box. play some songs with a bassline that goes high and low. start from 40hz and keep turning tha hz up till tha bass starts to go away then turn it back down jus a little. thats how i did mine at least.
 07-15-2007, 06:19 PM         #4
samakaballer  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'll try diff sh*t out. thanks for the responses... ima keep it at 70 for a little while i guess... I'm not having any kind of distortion or anything. my subs won't hit low notes though, but it'll get really loud sometimes and it sounds like good clean bass, and my amp runs at 900wattsx2 ohms,, so im underpowering my subs by 100 watts supposedly rms..

the next day after i turned it up to 45.. i started playing it at 62 LOL, then i put it back down to 45 and put equalizer on flat and once on powerful and it got reall loud set off a few car alarms fro ma distance. and i havent driven the whip for about 3 days now, so i'm gonna keep the frequency where it's at and mess wit hit later.. and then im just gonna keep playing it loud, i think i already ruined the break in process.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
110 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
78 comments
1 day ago