Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish thots&dimes games movies news tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

How much does it cost for a rapper to get on a track?

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
67 viewing
 Image inside Yooooooooooooooo!!! LMAO!!
27 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
45 viewing
Video inside Snow bunny Tomi Lahren to Beyonce: Your husband was a drug dealer, worr..
151 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
44 viewing
Image inside Comcast begs Atlanta customers not to switch to Google Fiber
37 comments
@tech
most viewed right now
38 viewing
Image inside Kanye West - The Life Of Pablo Final Tracklist
235 comments
@hiphop
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)

let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
Props w/ the most Props:  0
Slaps w/ the most Slaps:  0
 How much does it cost for a rapper to get on a track?
Old 07-11-2007, 08:50 AMclass of -  - #1
13133 pageviews
26 comments

Doc D  space
space
$n/a |
I was just wondering because that small brain huey dumbass started beefing with Nelly because he charged 350k for a track, but he wanted him to do it for free image , but what price range do you think some rappers have? Which is the highest and which is the lowest?

I would have to say Jay-z is the highest.

top in section
18 viewing
Image inside KANYE Honoring 50 Cent Once Again
93 comments
top in hiphop/24hrs
top in section
12 viewing
Video inside The Purge: Election Year TRAILER 1 (2016) (Crossbones is in it again, yes)
51 comments
top in movies/24hrs

Old 07-11-2007, 08:59 AMclass of -  - #2
Doc D  space
space
$n/a |
bumpp
Old 9 years agoclass of '06 - away - #3
Dtowns_Answer 2 heat pts space
space
$1,405 | 3028294
i would say huey is the lowest lol
Old 07-11-2007, 09:09 AMclass of -  - #4
Doc D  space
space
$n/a |
Dtowns_Answer said:
i would say huey is the lowest lol
nah man it would have to be Kevin Ferdline lmao, but many people think that other rappers will simply rap for free for some new rapper, nah they still have to eat too, only when you form a great friendship with many of them OR your on a major label where the artists would do it whatever, like Def jam. But when nelly said 350k for a track, I was like "n*gga this ain't 2003, Nellyville is over" but still Nelly has to eat and Universal wouldn't let him do some sh*t like that
Old 9 years agoclass of '05 - away - #5
Rak*  space
space
$18 | 20832445
I think Wayne pays to be on tracks since he's on like every remix .. Dude corny as fu*k.
Old 9 years agoclass of '04 - away - #6
DonofDons21  space
space
$5,677 | 12447678
it all depends....if you in demand or not but you gotta be jay to 50 to be asking for 6 digits.......i read an article it would cost 70k to get jay but that was like 5yrs ago......im sure jim at his high point was getn 50k....i dont think no n*gga is payin huey if they did it might be a couple g's
Old 07-11-2007, 09:13 AMclass of -  - #7
micwrecka  space
space
$n/a |
There aint no money in making music. I am sick of people getting caught up in the image. People see these nice cars, big houses, big jewlery, in videos and think that artist really live like that. ITS ALL A SHAM! All that sh*t is rented. Artist get like 10 to 25 cents when a cd is sold IF EVEN THAT! You gotta sell a hell of a lot of records to make real money. because there are a fu*kload of rappers and musicians out there who have the idea that you can get paid hella quick by making music and it is all a lie.
Old 9 years agoclass of '04 - away - #8
Stormtrooper  space
space
$702 | 5580399
It depends.. If you dont know the rapper and you are looking for a come-up.. they are going to hit u for everything, but ususal labels have deals worked out. Example if i was signed to a major and i wanted lets say T.I. on a song, they would ask for a reduced payment for a feat from a artist on my label
Old 07-11-2007, 09:21 AMclass of -  - #9
Doc D  space
space
$n/a |
micwrecka said:
There aint no money in making music. I am sick of people getting caught up in the image. People see these nice cars, big houses, big jewlery, in videos and think that artist really live like that. ITS ALL A SHAM! All that sh*t is rented. Artist get like 10 to 25 cents when a cd is sold IF EVEN THAT! You gotta sell a hell of a lot of records to make real money. because there are a fu*kload of rappers and musicians out there who have the idea that you can get paid hella quick by making music and it is all a lie.
Yep, the only REAL money you can get is touring, but I hate it when people do that sh*t, they rent all that sh*t and it ain't them, you have to be true to yourself, you don't need all that sh*t to make a video hot, plus for me personally I would feel poor as fu*k when I'm renting all that sh*t and I have to return it. I would just be me and not worry about that material sh*t.
Old 9 years agoclass of '05 - away - #10
LuDerCriS  space
space
$831 | 537090
lol yall must be buggin if u think it cost nelly to drop a verse for $350k....nor any rapper at that....
Old 07-11-2007, 09:40 AMclass of -  - #11
Doc D  space
space
$n/a |
LuDerCriS said:
lol yall must be buggin if u think it cost nelly to drop a verse for $350k....nor any rapper at that....
Thats what that n*gga said.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:12 PMclass of -  - #12
Doc D  space
space
$n/a |
bumpp
Old 07-11-2007, 10:29 PMclass of -  - #13
soundtrack  space
space
$n/a |
biggie use to charge people $5000 cash with no contracts.
pop stars get some nice paper ,but rappers on the come up and average rappers get a few thousand not alot.
Old 9 years agoclass of '04 - away - #14
H.N.I.C.  space
space
$2,812 | 3969887
isnt most that included in the budget (if u on a major) i wouldnt pay over 25K if that because no rapper and i repeat no rapper can make u hot if the track is wack id rather do my own sh*t and have them gettin at me to get on there
Old 9 years agoclass of '07 - away - #15
MELODY 12 heat pts12 space
space
$9,526 | POWERFUL
How Much Does Jay Charge Anyway?
Old 07-11-2007, 10:42 PMclass of -  - #16
NIC DIAMONDS  space
space
$n/a |
I think if Nelly told him 350K because he just didnt want to do it and that was his way of pushin slim off. Swizz said the same thing in an old interview that somebody wanted a beat from him who he didnt want to work with. He threw out 175K but the person paid him they really wanted the track. I think the price goes up and down just like when artist does shows if your hot you get more if your not then take what you can get. Nelly's not that hot right now I doubt TI paid him 350K for the song they did.

Last edited by NIC DIAMONDS; 07-11-2007 at 10:43 PM..
Old 9 years agoclass of '06 - away - #17
kingchicagobud  space
space
$223 | 567558
its nelly this n*gga sold like 50 mil worldwide just off 4 cd's
Old 07-11-2007, 10:57 PMclass of -  - #18
NIC DIAMONDS  space
space
$n/a |
kingchicagobud said:
its nelly this n*gga sold like 50 mil worldwide just off 4 cd's
MC Hammer used to sell records once upon a time and was the most "ballinist" pimp ever . How much you think he getting for tracks now?
Old 07-11-2007, 11:01 PMclass of -  - #19
Doc D  space
space
$n/a |
NIC DIAMONDS said:
MC Hammer used to sell records once upon a time and was the most "ballinist" pimp ever . How much you think he getting for tracks now?
I wouldn't be surprised if it was just 20 dollars lol, MC Hammer fu*ked up his own career, giving money to people who didn't give a fu*k about him and when he went broke, all those fake friends said "See Ya Hammer!"
Old 9 years agoclass of '05 - away - #20
bklyn  space
space
$2,482 | POWERFUL
Rak* said:
I think Wayne pays to be on tracks since he's on like every remix .. Dude corny as fu*k.

Home > >

join bx

most viewed right now
536 viewing
Article inside Nas On The Verge of Becoming a Billionaire???
265 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
23 viewing
Image inside R.Kelly Got Arrested
80 comments
21 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
22 viewing
Image inside Cherise Roze Twerk Videos (IG:queencroze)
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
11 viewing
Image inside Feb 9 - Woman Shot by Stray Bullet Had Been Warned by Father Not to Mo..
161 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Image inside Mangos get you higher
136 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
8 viewing
Video inside 7 minutes of pure comedy on Family Feud (Vid)
102 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
7 viewing
Feb 9 - Anal sex is furthermore to be avoided friends....
41 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
6 viewing
Image inside Feb 9 - Here's The FULL List of Paychecks Hillary Collected From Wall ..
94 comments
1 day ago
@news
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time