How much does it cost for a rapper to get on a track?

most viewed right now
Video inside AllHipHop.Com Examines Allegations Of Taxstone's Involvement In Troy Av..
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Love_amarie
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The verdict is in: Troy ave ..not guilty!!!
121 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Dmx tells u why jayz is so disliked by his peers
84 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-11-2007, 07:50 AM         #1
13343 pageviews
26 comments

Doc D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How much does it cost for a rapper to get on a track?

I was just wondering because that small brain huey dumbass started beefing with Nelly because he charged 350k for a track, but he wanted him to do it for free image , but what price range do you think some rappers have? Which is the highest and which is the lowest?

I would have to say Jay-z is the highest.

top in section
91 comments
top in wild'ish
most viewed right now
35 comments
top in thotties
top in section
25 comments
top in tech

07-11-2007, 07:59 AM         #2
Doc D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bumpp

9 years ago '06        #3
Dtowns_Answer 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,410 | Props total: 4 4
i would say huey is the lowest lol

07-11-2007, 08:09 AM         #4
Doc D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dtowns_Answer said:
i would say huey is the lowest lol
nah man it would have to be Kevin Ferdline lmao, but many people think that other rappers will simply rap for free for some new rapper, nah they still have to eat too, only when you form a great friendship with many of them OR your on a major label where the artists would do it whatever, like Def jam. But when nelly said 350k for a track, I was like "n*gga this ain't 2003, Nellyville is over" but still Nelly has to eat and Universal wouldn't let him do some sh*t like that

9 years ago '05        #5
Rak* 
space
space
$18 | Props total: 0 0
I think Wayne pays to be on tracks since he's on like every remix .. Dude corny as fu*k.

9 years ago '04        #6
DonofDons21 
space
space
$5,780 | Props total: 58 58
it all depends....if you in demand or not but you gotta be jay to 50 to be asking for 6 digits.......i read an article it would cost 70k to get jay but that was like 5yrs ago......im sure jim at his high point was getn 50k....i dont think no n*gga is payin huey if they did it might be a couple g's

07-11-2007, 08:13 AM         #7
micwrecka 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
There aint no money in making music. I am sick of people getting caught up in the image. People see these nice cars, big houses, big jewlery, in videos and think that artist really live like that. ITS ALL A SHAM! All that sh*t is rented. Artist get like 10 to 25 cents when a cd is sold IF EVEN THAT! You gotta sell a hell of a lot of records to make real money. because there are a fu*kload of rappers and musicians out there who have the idea that you can get paid hella quick by making music and it is all a lie.

9 years ago '04        #8
Stormtrooper 
space
space
$702 | Props total: 0 0
It depends.. If you dont know the rapper and you are looking for a come-up.. they are going to hit u for everything, but ususal labels have deals worked out. Example if i was signed to a major and i wanted lets say T.I. on a song, they would ask for a reduced payment for a feat from a artist on my label

07-11-2007, 08:21 AM         #9
Doc D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 micwrecka said:
There aint no money in making music. I am sick of people getting caught up in the image. People see these nice cars, big houses, big jewlery, in videos and think that artist really live like that. ITS ALL A SHAM! All that sh*t is rented. Artist get like 10 to 25 cents when a cd is sold IF EVEN THAT! You gotta sell a hell of a lot of records to make real money. because there are a fu*kload of rappers and musicians out there who have the idea that you can get paid hella quick by making music and it is all a lie.
Yep, the only REAL money you can get is touring, but I hate it when people do that sh*t, they rent all that sh*t and it ain't them, you have to be true to yourself, you don't need all that sh*t to make a video hot, plus for me personally I would feel poor as fu*k when I'm renting all that sh*t and I have to return it. I would just be me and not worry about that material sh*t.

9 years ago '05        #10
LuDerCriS 
space
space
$831 | Props total: 0 0
lol yall must be buggin if u think it cost nelly to drop a verse for $350k....nor any rapper at that....

07-11-2007, 08:40 AM         #11
Doc D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 LuDerCriS said:
lol yall must be buggin if u think it cost nelly to drop a verse for $350k....nor any rapper at that....
Thats what that n*gga said.

07-11-2007, 09:12 PM         #12
Doc D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
bumpp

07-11-2007, 09:29 PM         #13
soundtrack 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
biggie use to charge people $5000 cash with no contracts.
pop stars get some nice paper ,but rappers on the come up and average rappers get a few thousand not alot.

9 years ago '04        #14
H.N.I.C. 
space
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 23 23
isnt most that included in the budget (if u on a major) i wouldnt pay over 25K if that because no rapper and i repeat no rapper can make u hot if the track is wack id rather do my own sh*t and have them gettin at me to get on there

9 years ago '07        #15
MELODY 14 heat pts14
space
space
$9,654 | Props total: 287 287
How Much Does Jay Charge Anyway?

07-11-2007, 09:42 PM         #16
NIC DIAMONDS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think if Nelly told him 350K because he just didnt want to do it and that was his way of pushin slim off. Swizz said the same thing in an old interview that somebody wanted a beat from him who he didnt want to work with. He threw out 175K but the person paid him they really wanted the track. I think the price goes up and down just like when artist does shows if your hot you get more if your not then take what you can get. Nelly's not that hot right now I doubt TI paid him 350K for the song they did.

Last edited by NIC DIAMONDS; 07-11-2007 at 09:43 PM..

9 years ago '06        #17
kingchicagobud 
space
space
$223 | Props total: 0 0
its nelly this n*gga sold like 50 mil worldwide just off 4 cd's

07-11-2007, 09:57 PM         #18
NIC DIAMONDS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 kingchicagobud said:
its nelly this n*gga sold like 50 mil worldwide just off 4 cd's
MC Hammer used to sell records once upon a time and was the most "ballinist" pimp ever . How much you think he getting for tracks now?

07-11-2007, 10:01 PM         #19
Doc D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NIC DIAMONDS said:
MC Hammer used to sell records once upon a time and was the most "ballinist" pimp ever . How much you think he getting for tracks now?
I wouldn't be surprised if it was just 20 dollars lol, MC Hammer fu*ked up his own career, giving money to people who didn't give a fu*k about him and when he went broke, all those fake friends said "See Ya Hammer!"

9 years ago '05        #20
bklyn 
space
space
$2,482 | Props total: 0 0
 Rak* said:
I think Wayne pays to be on tracks since he's on like every remix .. Dude corny as fu*k.

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sutton Tennyson is the guy who shot LOAD in Angela Simmions He's 6'5 c..
125 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This Tony Yayo post on IG got me dyin :dead:
31 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside This cube test will tell you everything about your personality..
68 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Largest Stone Sculptures Of Ancient Egypt: 12,000yrs old?
46 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
A collection of Taxstone's L's
153 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside WTF!! Planet Aid Scam
30 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside May 28 - More Young Adults Live With Parents Than Not—for the First Ti..
230 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Kevin Gates Recites FULL verse from QURAN in ARABIC
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy