Jul 5 - 50 Cent Tells G-Unit The Free Ride Is Over

most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
60 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
17 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
62 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '06        #1
9770 pageviews
151 comments

Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,990 | Props total: 4020 4020
Jul 5 - 50 Cent Tells G-Unit The Free Ride Is Over

The free ride is over at 50 Cent's G-Unit Records.

The rap mogul has confessed he was overgenerous with artists on his label. In fact, Fitty spent $8.5 million of his own money to take a lot of the rappers on his most recent tour so that they could bring their entourages - and so that everyone could travel, as he says, "comfortably."

Not only that, he'd hand out hundreds of thousands of dollars to them at a time just for the asking, Sacha Jenkins writes in the new issue of XXL magazine. "Whether I got to give them $500,000 or $300,000 ... Just 'cause they want $300,000 more to make what they [are] doing at the time comfortable. Like, 'yo, I want to get this new place over here.' "

Sure, 50's got plenty of do-re-mi: His albums "Get Rich or Die Tryin' " and "The Massacre" sold 20 million copies combined. And though his album "curtis" is delayed till September, he's getting a payday playing a boxer in the Nicolas Cage movie "The Dance," and a drug dealer in "Righteous k!ll" with Robert De Niro and Al Pacino. And there are the clothing and sneaker lines - and at least $100 million more he stands to make now that coca-cola has bought Glaceau, which owns Fitty's Formula 50 Vitamin Water. But still, he called a meeting and told the artists at his label that the free ride was over.

"Laze was there as representation of M.O.P., Havoc and Prodigy," he told the hip-hop mag. "Banks, Buck. Spider was on the phone. Olivia was there. Sha Money was there. I broke it down. I told them I wouldn't be a.ssisting them financially anymore. Pretty much I was telling them I wouldn't be there. [In the past] they'd make a lot of money and spend a lot of money and have me there to fix it."

There was another problem. "I looked around the room, and I was the only person with G-Unit sneakers on. But they were being paid," he adds. "It had become the norm for the check to come, but they were no longer wearing the clothes." image

Still, 50 lives in the largest mansion in connecticut - Mike Tyson's former spread. He moved there from a basement room in his grandmother's house in Queens, where, in a visit beautifully shot by Ben Watts, 50 ruminates: "When I come back here ... it's like my feet are on the ground."

[pic - click to view]

http://www.rapbasement.co .. /view/3044/35/

I don't blame him. I get the feeling from all the interviews that he's the only one who works hard. The rest are just cruisin. image image

151 comments for "Jul 5 - 50 Cent Tells G-Unit The Free Ride Is Over"

10 years ago '04        #2
CentsCuZ 19 heat pts19
space
space
$11,002 | Props total: 771 771
Interesting...

...Waits for this thread to go platinum.
 10 years ago '05        #3
TheChampIsHere! 
space
space
$2,869 | Props total: 123 123
Dont blame him...
 10 years ago '04        #4
namean 
space
space
space
$1,482 | Props total: 0 0
and yet he couldn't spare some fu*kin pocket change to bail Bang Em Smurf outta prison.
 07-05-2007, 08:19 PM         #5
Teflonic 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Finally a smart decision by fifty, them g unit n*ggas talented but buck the only n*gga who tried to do anything. Props for buck, banks sick, the rest yall n*ggas need to get off your a.ss and get some money.
 10 years ago '06        #6
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,379 | Props total: 5660 5660
it's about time.
 07-05-2007, 08:20 PM         #7
livebythunder 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 namean said:
and yet he couldn't spare some fu*kin pocket change to bail Bang Em Smurf outta prison.
co-sign
cheap motherfu*ker
 10 years ago '06        #8
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
 namean said:
u right about that... I wish I knew the true story of what happened...

But it's not like 50 is bein cheap, he just doesn't want ppl gettin lazy on him and sh*t....especially after seein 50 kick hot rod off the stage at that concert
 07-05-2007, 08:33 PM         #9
stackmatics 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
... sat down with m.o.p ? and you letting them rot on your roster but you wont a.ssist them. why dont you tell the people that you only signed them for more street cred. have a problem in cali? so you sign spider loc? a rapper you know that couldnt make sh*t after thanksgiving?? (lmao sh*t after thanks giving ha !) vitamin water got this n*gga thinking he god. his entourage is the reason hes not gettin his a.ss beat. tony yayo and him is going to be alone in that big a.ss mansion even thou hes a rich man... people saying they dont blame him.. but watch g unit crumble dont matter how good formula 50 is.. the n*gga still cant act.
 10 years ago '05        #10
rippac4 
space
space
$14,134 | Props total: 1050 1050
don't blame him, sh*t they grown
 07-05-2007, 08:36 PM         #11
the hater 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
gunit!!!!!!!!!!
fiddy worst song > the rest of gunits careers combined
 10 years ago '05        #12
wr8201 
space
space
$5,894 | Props total: 4 4
if hes givin them money he should be tellin them to invest in somethin

he probly didnt tell any of them to invest some of their money in the vitamin water

i think 50 is to the point where he just wants 2 focus on himself and everyone else do them

i remember reading an article on dame dash a couple years ago and he said he would give the artists money but not for clothes or a car he would tell them to invest it in somethin that can make them money for the future

Last edited by wr8201; 07-05-2007 at 08:42 PM..
 07-05-2007, 08:40 PM         #13
Fire_Thief_ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Young Buck > Fifty
 10 years ago '04        #14
chi - lite 
space
space
$474 | Props total: 4 4
lol!!! 50 is saying no more for yall damnit, i gotta pay more child support!!!
 10 years ago '04        #15
dirty v 
space
space
$1,119 | Props total: 0 0
i woulda been said this cuz do em and dre do this for 50 hell nah they gave him a million dollar signin bonus and he did his thang he shoulda dont the same for each of them and let them grind on they own
 10 years ago '04        #16
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 12 12
g unit will fall apart ..... its evidently clear that the only reason they stayed a float for this long is because he gave an arm and a leg to try and help those hopeless dudes ..

now that he realized they have no talent .... its good news to hear 50s putting sh*t right ....

and him delaying the album gives him the opportunity to put some thought into the album ..... loss the g unit sh*t was built up ...

hes gona turn a new page ....

it took busta a REALLY long time to drop the flipmode sh*t ...

atleast 50s quick ... hopefully he starts making good music ...
 10 years ago '04        #17
mszomola 
space
space
space
$3,536 | Props total: 12 12
 Fire_Thief_ said:
Young Buck > Fifty

thats why 50 pays bucks tiny salary ......

get your sh*t right dumbass ....
 10 years ago '06        #18
Exxo 
space
space
$583 | Props total: 0 0
50 had to regulate.
What about Yayo?
 10 years ago '06        #19
servesurite 42 heat pts42
space
space
$9,317 | Props total: 1085 1085
lmao sucks for yayo

so does that mean the gunit album is indefinitely on hold?
 10 years ago '05        #20
tonydeals 
space
space
$678 | Props total: 0 0
good move for 50
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
106 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
113 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy