The Definitive GHOSTWRITING Exposed/Research Thread (will keep updated)

most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
97 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe Bryant legendary stories like when MJ yelled @ Mugsy shoot u f'n midg..
30 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-08-2007, 08:42 PM         #101
NIC DIAMONDS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I think a lot of the BS in this post is coming from cats who claim they are in the music business not knowing the business. Case in point the comment that "Mase and Pharrell ghostwrote Give it to me for Jay-Z" No they didn't Pharrell will get a writers credit for doing half the work on the song(making the beat) and writing the hook. Other then that lets take a look at the writing credits for the song:

ANGELETTIE DERIC MICHEAL-D. Dot Producer in the hitmen
BETHA MASON-rapper/ghostwriter for Mr. Combs
COMBS SEAN PUFFY-we all know
GOLDSCHMIDT ASHA-not sure
JOHNSON JAMES A-not sure
SHAW TODD ANTHONY-Aka Too Short
WALLACE CHRISTOPHER-B.I.G.
Hugo Chad Edward-Neptunes
Williams Pharrell L-Neptunes
Carter Shawn C-Jay-Z

All from Bad Boy(other then the last 3) and or all wrote, produced, or performed the song in question or a song called "The world is filled" from a little known album called Life After death (Joke) This is all the result of Jay spitting.

When the remys in the system/ aint no telling will I fu*k'em will I diss'em/ thats what they be yellin /Im a pimp by blood not relation/ yall be chasing I replace them

By saying this line he is sampling from the written composition of the song discussed above so in fact he has to pay for the usage of the lyrics. So there you have it Mase wrote some sh*t for Diddy and he happened to be on a song with Biggie where Jay spit a part of B.I.G.s rhyme so thats why he is on the credit.

In no way shape or form did Mason write for Hova that sh*t just didn't even make since. Plus never believe what somebody else says about anything do your own research first.

Last but not least
at the idiots talking about @ cats picking and choosing what to believe. Its clear you will believe anything.

Last edited by NIC DIAMONDS; 07-08-2007 at 08:47 PM..
 10 years ago '06        #102
a_ruff24 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,332 | Props total: 5 5
 timdog said:
everyone know puffy had ppl write 4 him dun "dont worry if i write rhymes i write checks"
lol i never thought of him sayin it like that,props
 10 years ago '06        #103
-The Snitch- 141 heat pts141
space
space
$13,594 | Props total: 20199 20199
Mase is a beast. if you dont agree then that means your gay...its science
 10 years ago '04        #104
Stormtrooper 
space
space
$749 | Props total: 52 52
 NIC DIAMONDS said:
I think a lot of the BS in this post is coming from cats who claim they are in the music business not knowing the business. Case in point the comment that "Mase and Pharrell ghostwrote Give it to me for Jay-Z" No they didn't Pharrell will get a writers credit for doing half the work on the song(making the beat) and writing the hook. Other then that lets take a look at the writing credits for the song:

ANGELETTIE DERIC MICHEAL-D. Dot Producer in the hitmen
BETHA MASON-rapper/ghostwriter for Mr. Combs
COMBS SEAN PUFFY-we all know
GOLDSCHMIDT ASHA-not sure
JOHNSON JAMES A-not sure
SHAW TODD ANTHONY-Aka Too Short
WALLACE CHRISTOPHER-B.I.G.
Hugo Chad Edward-Neptunes
Williams Pharrell L-Neptunes
Carter Shawn C-Jay-Z

All from Bad Boy(other then the last 3) and or all wrote, produced, or performed the song in question or a song called "The world is filled" from a little known album called Life After death (Joke) This is all the result of Jay spitting.

When the remys in the system/ aint no telling will I fu*k'em will I diss'em/ thats what they be yellin /Im a pimp by blood not relation/ yall be chasing I replace them

By saying this line he is sampling from the written composition of the song discussed above so in fact he has to pay for the usage of the lyrics. So there you have it Mase wrote some sh*t for Diddy and he happened to be on a song with Biggie where Jay spit a part of B.I.G.s rhyme so thats why he is on the credit.

In no way shape or form did Mason write for Hova that sh*t just didn't even make since. Plus never believe what somebody else says about anything do your own research first.

Last but not least
at the idiots talking about @ cats picking and choosing what to believe. Its clear you will believe anything.

When u say people claiming to be in the music biz.. would u happen to be talking about me or are u just generalizing.. i would like to know so.. i can take the right measures.
 10 years ago '04        #105
Stormtrooper 
space
space
 DoctorJ said:
UPPPPPPPPing --- I'm gonna be trying to research both Sean Garrett & Gilie da Kid today.
When u do sean Garrett your going to come up with some sh*t.. He is close friends with Polo the Don.. he does some of the hooks on Polo's records.. you know these days every rapper needs a hook. He also had like nine number 1 single last year

But this is just some of the Sean sh*t

Usher Yeah! (ft. Lil Jon) Confessions

Ciara Goodies (ft. Petey Pablo

Destiny's Child Soldier (ft. Lil Wayne & T.I.)
Lose My Breath
T-Shirt
Bad Habit

Amerie Touch Touch

Chris Brown Run It! (ft. Juelz Santana)
Gimme That
Which One (ft. Noah)
Wall to Wall

Teairra Mari Make Her Feel Good
No Daddy
La La
Phone Booth

Nelly Grillz (ft. Paul Wall, Ali & Gipp) "He didn't wrote this but i think they used a verse from something else so he has credit"

Mary J. Blige Enough Cryin
Good Woman Down
Joe Where You At (ft. Papoose)

Donell Jones Better Start Talking (Featuring Jermaine Dupri)
If U Want (Featuring Bun B)
Hands on You

Beyoncé Check On It (ft. Slim Thug)
Get Me Bodied
Upgrade U (ft. Jay-Z)
Ring the Alarm
IF

DMX Dog Love (ft. Amerie)
The pus*ycat Dolls Buttons
Fergie London Bridge

Kelis Blindfold Me (ft. Nas)

JoJo This Time
The Way You Do Me

Britney Spears
Kiss Me All Over
Pull Out
Love
Red Carpet
Toy Soldier

Kelly Rowland Like This

Enrique Iglesias Do You Know (The Ping Pong Song)
 10 years ago '04        #106
DoctorJ|m 35 heat pts35 OP
space
space
$4,967 | Props total: 210 210
Yea Stormtropper...the reason I'm taking slightly longer on Sean Garrett is he also is a song producer as well...so I'm doing further research to differentiate songs where he's involved in production/composition compared to songs he actually is credited on the copyright for writing.

Secondly, for Irhabi007…as much as I wanna jump on the Anti-Lil Wayne bandwagon with you…Gillie Da Kid realllllllly blew the ghostwriting issues way out of proportion. While I’m finding proof that he has wrote for Cash Money artists (Baby, Boo, Gotti, etc), he’s written very little for Wayne. On the copyright research I’ve done so far…it’s on non-album tracks. A big inconsistency with him is his real name is Sar’d Nasir, yet he signs contracts and copyright applications with ‘Far’d Nasir’…and I’m finding out that he turned Muslim back in 1999, so I’m trying to research what his name was before the religious change. That’s the hold up as of right now for my Gillie Da Kid research.

Next - people like Pimpinatl (a constant enemy to my posts), Jerzyfam, Propa Shorti, garethnurden88, Ass Tapper, MDz, Killababi, Fatt Kidd, and most recently Nic Diamonds. You need to smarten up and learn about the music business.

I think a lot of the BS in this post is coming from cats who claim they are in the music business not knowing the business.
Much like Stormtropper said – I really hope that wasn’t aimed at me. Lemme school you to the legal side of the business homie. In contrast to what Fatt Kidd said, NONE of my research is opinion… Yall might wanna go back and read this WHOLE post before you try to discredit anything & anyone. Nic Diamonds, there’s a big difference between ‘publishing credits’ & a ‘filed copyright application’ – ask Stormtropper too, he can agree with me on this. As I said earlier in this post --- a problem with publishing credits is 1) it doesn’t specify how a person contributed to a song and/or what company they are from, 2) because there’s more than just 1 performing rights companies (ASCAP, BMI, & SESAC) there’s always inconsistencies for artists not under ASCAP on publishing credits, and 3) publishing doesn’t specify what is a writing credits compared to a sampling credit. THIS IS WHY publishing isn’t the best source for research. The best in my experience is official copyright files, if you already own copyrights and can access the advanced search option. Case in point, “I Just Wanna Love You” by JayZ. Lemme make some corrections to your bullsh*t post above. First, you mentioned that EVERYONE on the publishing form was Bad Boy employees except the last 3 --- Hrmm...let's see --- Asha Goldschimdt is a symphonic composer that wrote musical scores in the 1960’s & 1970’s (often Asian-influenced symphonies) – he’s not an employee at Bad Boy. For more research on him…his registered publishing company is [Wind Tiger Music]. James A. Johnson is a veteran producer from Virginia with experience stretching as far back as producing for Rick James, Kris Kross, LL Cool J’s 2nd album, & Redman, who after a little research, I found out is now in the production crew for the Neptunes. And Too Short, definitely isn’t a Bad Boy employee being that he is a semi-independent rap artist from the Bay area, who is under contracts at Jive Records and Up All Nite Records. As mentioned before I have legitly copyrighted beats and songs, so I have access to copyright searching tools. So lemme take screen shots from both the publishing credits at ASCAP versus the filed copyright information so we can compare them:

#1 ASCAP Publishing Credits screenshot:

***As you can see - Not very clear & concise, lists lots of affiliated people, doesn’t tell what companies they are from, doesn’t break down specified tasks and if/if not they are involved in sampling or production. Could be a little useful for research, but just a mess if you ask me - if you are looking for concrete answers.

#2 Copyright Registration screenshot:

***Do you notice the differences? On registered copyright forms it’s only protection of the song’s authors, and doesn’t have anything to do with financial obligations so ‘sampled’ artists aren’t even listed as authors. Now, whoever filled this form out (either Jayz himself and/or his legal attorney, or Def Jam’s legal attorney) put JayZ as an author of “music”, but not as the first primary writer of the "words". Are they suggesting he produced this song – prolly not. But I can highly believe he was involved in the hook with Pharrell. This form does state that this song’s words are authored by Mase, Pharrell, & (then) JayZ – with Mase being the primary writer. Now, am I saying Mase ghostwrote the WHOLE SONG for Jay – OF COURSE NOT. But he’s listed first as a primary writer on the song’s copyright form…all that is FACT, not OPINION.

Where I will make a OPINION at is --- judging from the note “1998 intr. use on Mason Betha Publishing” and the fact that James Johnson is given production credit on the copyright…the song could have possibly been produced by the Neptunes (with James Johnson doing a brunt of the work) and originally written by and slated for Mase’s sophomore album “Double Up”, where he could have turned it down. Later in 2000 (2 years later), the Neptunes could have offered it to JayZ for his album, and JayZ could have used ‘a lot of’ (not all) of lyrics already written for it by Mase. <-- that is just my honest speculation, but would make a lot more legal sense.

Lastly, Jackstunt, since I live in south Florida and do lots of business with Miami studios and companies --- and write many articles like this ---- I’d love to have a name/contact of who you ‘claim’ is a ghostwriter so I can research him. If you aren’t comfortable on here – hit me up on AIM (doctorJ118). Not saying you’re a liar…but from the legal end of it, there’s always a smoking gun on copyright application forms…and just by going by your ‘word’ isn’t justifiable by me. I never will report and use ‘word of mouth’ as a research resource- Ya feel me.

PS – I suggest some of your big talkers/doubters…get some college schooling in the music business, legal business, and/or journalism, and then spend a few years of experience in working in the record industry…and then come back and try to talk.
 10 years ago '06        #107
Shak1 
space
space
$290 | Props total: 0 0
 Too Wasted said:
Yes I do. BOW WOW is a ghostwriter FACT. But dude has a ghost writer???

I know for a fact Jada and Ice Cube are the most used ghostwriters in the game.

Also a fact that Diddy never wrote a damn verse himself. Biggie did most of his.

I doubt someone like Biggie will have a ghostwriter.

Yeah Bow Wow had a "Ghost" Writer...... none of the stuff he rapped up until his last maybe album and a half was written by him. Between Snoop Dogg, Jermaine Dupri, Da Brat, T.I. and a few others; he got all of his songs from other people.

Jermaine Dupri has written for a lot of people too over his career (Maraiah, Usher, Kriss Kross, etc...). He just doesn't do as well a job of writing more grown up hip hop material.
 10 years ago '06        #108
pimpinatl 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,173 | Props total: 0 0
 DoctorJ said:
Yea Stormtropper...the reason I'm taking slightly longer on Sean Garrett is he also is a song producer as well...so I'm doing further research to differentiate songs where he's involved in production/composition compared to songs he actually is credited on the copyright for writing.

Secondly, for Irhabi007…as much as I wanna jump on the Anti-Lil Wayne bandwagon with you…Gillie Da Kid realllllllly blew the ghostwriting issues way out of proportion. While I’m finding proof that he has wrote for Cash Money artists (Baby, Boo, Gotti, etc), he’s written very little for Wayne. On the copyright research I’ve done so far…it’s on non-album tracks. A big inconsistency with him is his real name is Sar’d Nasir, yet he signs contracts and copyright applications with ‘Far’d Nasir’…and I’m finding out that he turned Muslim back in 1999, so I’m trying to research what his name was before the religious change. That’s the hold up as of right now for my Gillie Da Kid research.

Next - people like Pimpinatl (a constant enemy to my posts), Jerzyfam, Propa Shorti, garethnurden88, Ass Tapper, MDz, Killababi, Fatt Kidd, and most recently Nic Diamonds. You need to smarten up and learn about the music business.

Much like Stormtropper said – I really hope that wasn’t aimed at me. Lemme school you to the legal side of the business homie. In contrast to what Fatt Kidd said, NONE of my research is opinion… Yall might wanna go back and read this WHOLE post before you try to discredit anything & anyone. Nic Diamonds, there’s a big difference between ‘publishing credits’ & a ‘filed copyright application’ – ask Stormtropper too, he can agree with me on this. As I said earlier in this post --- a problem with publishing credits is 1) it doesn’t specify how a person contributed to a song and/or what company they are from, 2) because there’s more than just 1 performing rights companies (ASCAP, BMI, & SESAC) there’s always inconsistencies for artists not under ASCAP on publishing credits, and 3) publishing doesn’t specify what is a writing credits compared to a sampling credit. THIS IS WHY publishing isn’t the best source for research. The best in my experience is official copyright files, if you already own copyrights and can access the advanced search option. Case in point, “I Just Wanna Love You” by JayZ. Lemme make some corrections to your bullsh*t post above. First, you mentioned that EVERYONE on the publishing form was Bad Boy employees except the last 3 --- Hrmm...let's see --- Asha Goldschimdt is a symphonic composer that wrote musical scores in the 1960’s & 1970’s (often Asian-influenced symphonies) – he’s not an employee at Bad Boy. For more research on him…his registered publishing company is [Wind Tiger Music]. James A. Johnson is a veteran producer from Virginia with experience stretching as far back as producing for Rick James, Kris Kross, LL Cool J’s 2nd album, & Redman, who after a little research, I found out is now in the production crew for the Neptunes. And Too Short, definitely isn’t a Bad Boy employee being that he is a semi-independent rap artist from the Bay area, who is under contracts at Jive Records and Up All Nite Records. As mentioned before I have legitly copyrighted beats and songs, so I have access to copyright searching tools. So lemme take screen shots from both the publishing credits at ASCAP versus the filed copyright information so we can compare them:

#1 ASCAP Publishing Credits screenshot:

***As you can see - Not very clear & concise, lists lots of affiliated people, doesn’t tell what companies they are from, doesn’t break down specified tasks and if/if not they are involved in sampling or production. Could be a little useful for research, but just a mess if you ask me - if you are looking for concrete answers.

#2 Copyright Registration screenshot:

***Do you notice the differences? On registered copyright forms it’s only protection of the song’s authors, and doesn’t have anything to do with financial obligations so ‘sampled’ artists aren’t even listed as authors. Now, whoever filled this form out (either Jayz himself and/or his legal attorney, or Def Jam’s legal attorney) put JayZ as an author of “music”, but not as the first primary writer of the "words". Are they suggesting he produced this song – prolly not. But I can highly believe he was involved in the hook with Pharrell. This form does state that this song’s words are authored by Mase, Pharrell, & (then) JayZ – with Mase being the primary writer. Now, am I saying Mase ghostwrote the WHOLE SONG for Jay – OF COURSE NOT. But he’s listed first as a primary writer on the song’s copyright form…all that is FACT, not OPINION.

Where I will make a OPINION at is --- judging from the note “1998 intr. use on Mason Betha Publishing” and the fact that James Johnson is given production credit on the copyright…the song could have possibly been produced by the Neptunes (with James Johnson doing a brunt of the work) and originally written by and slated for Mase’s sophomore album “Double Up”, where he could have turned it down. Later in 2000 (2 years later), the Neptunes could have offered it to JayZ for his album, and JayZ could have used ‘a lot of’ (not all) of lyrics already written for it by Mase. <-- that is just my honest speculation, but would make a lot more legal sense.

Lastly, Jackstunt, since I live in south Florida and do lots of business with Miami studios and companies --- and write many articles like this ---- I’d love to have a name/contact of who you ‘claim’ is a ghostwriter so I can research him. If you aren’t comfortable on here – hit me up on AIM (doctorJ118). Not saying you’re a liar…but from the legal end of it, there’s always a smoking gun on copyright application forms…and just by going by your ‘word’ isn’t justifiable by me. I never will report and use ‘word of mouth’ as a research resource- Ya feel me.

PS – I suggest some of your big talkers/doubters…get some college schooling in the music business, legal business, and/or journalism, and then spend a few years of experience in working in the record industry…and then come back and try to talk.
first of all stop catchin feelins... i aint gonna say hey u did 'the research' so its all true and i will believe everything i read and see and not ask any questions. its called convo..have i spit hate at u...no!...talked abt u..no! sent insults...no! gave hate to ur thread...no! i didnt even disagree with everything u wrote...so before u take me down the path of replying to u...if u cant take a few questions abt ur research then dont post sh*t. if i cant ask u the questions then tell me who then. get it straight pimp before we clash heads...people can ask questions and disagree right? where did i say all ur research is sh*t...so get it right pimp!
 10 years ago '04        #109
DonofDons21 
space
space
$6,254 | Props total: 701 701
 Pr0pa_Sh0rti said:
Sorry but some of these are bullsh*t. Jay writing "Still DRE" come on.
that sh*ts true...it was in a magazine like xxl when that sh*t dropped...and he's credited for that song in the 2001 album jackect
 10 years ago '04        #110
space
space
StormTrooper mentioned alot of these already - but from research trying to differentiate between written versus produced...here's officially what I could find for Sean Garrett:

Sean Garrett (Garrett C.R. Hamler) [Hitco South Publishing, LLC/Christopher Garrett’s Publishing/EMI April Music Inc.]
Truth Hurt’s “Real” - ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Brian McKnight’s “Crazy Love” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Brian McKnight
Janet Jackson’s “My Baby” - co-wrote by Sean Garrett, Kanye West, & Janet Jackson
Destiny’s Child “Lose My Breath” - ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Destiny’s Child “Girl” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Destiny’s Child
Destiny’s Child “Is She The Reason” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Destiny’s Child
Destiny’s Child “Soldier” - co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Rich Harrison
Destiny’s Child “T-Shirt” - co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Vidal Davis
Destiny’s Child “Bad Habit” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Destiny’s Child “Game Over” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Michelle Williams
Destiny’s Child “Through With Love” – co-wrote by Mario Winans & Sean Garrett
Destiny’s Child “Check On It” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett, Angela Beyince, & Beyonce
Ciara’s “Ohh Baby” – co-wrote by Hermen Lang, Sean Garrett, & Keri Hilton
Ciara’s “Goodies” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Teairra Marie’s “No Daddy” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Teairra Marie’s “Confidential” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Teairra Marie’s “La La” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Teairra Marie
Teairra Marie’s “Phone Booth” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Bryan M. Cox
Teairra Marie’s “Make Her Feel Good” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Vito Colapiertro
Ricky Martin’s “I Am” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Usher’s “Yeah” – song/hook co-wrote by Sean Garrett, L-Roc, & Lil Jon
Usher’s “Confessions” - ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Usher’s “Red Light” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Keri Hilson
Fantasia’s “It’s All Good” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Christina Milian’s “I Need More” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Omarion’s “Drop That Heater” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Rodney Jerkins
112’s “If I Hit” – co-wrote by Mario Winans & Sean Garrett
112’s “U Already Know” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
112’s “Closing The Club” – co-wrote by Daron Jones & Sean Garrett
112’s “My Mistakes” – co-wrote by Daron Jones & Sean Garrett
112’s “Why Can’t We Get Along” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Ken Fambro
112’s “Down The Aisle” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett, Daron Jones, & Ryan Toby
DMX’s “Dog Love” – hook wrote by Sean Garrett
Amerie’s “Touch” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett, Amerie, Craig Love, & L-Roc
Fabolous’ “No Need 4 Conversion” – hook wrote by Sean Garrett
Mario’s “18” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Mario’s Couldn’t Say No” – co-wrote by Theron Otis Feemster & Sean Garrett
Latif’s “Girl” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Latif’s “I Don’t Wanna Hurt You” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Teddy Bishop
Lloyd’s “This Way” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Teddy Bishop
Jamie Foxx’s “Warm Bed” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Michael Crooms
Jamie Foxx’s “DJ Play A Love Song” – song/hook co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Jamie Foxx
Mary J Blige’s “Show Love” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Mary J Blige
Mary J Blige’s “Good Woman Down” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Mary J Blige
Mary J Blige’s “Enough Cryin” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett, Rodney Jerkins, & Mary J Blige
Donnel Jones’ “Better Start Talking” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Jermaine Dupri
Chris Brown’s “Run It” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Jermaine Dupri
Chris Brown’s “Gimme That” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Keyshia Cole’s “Guess What” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
pus*ycat Doll’s “Buttons” – song/hook ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Gwen Stefani’s “Now That You Got It” – co-wrote by Gwen Stefani & Sean Garrett
Beyonce’s “Ring The Alarm” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Beyonce
Beyonce’s “Upgrade U” – song/hook co-wrote by Sean Garrett, Beyonce, & Solange
Beyonce’s “Kitty Kat” – co-wrote by Pharrell Williams & Sean Garrett
Beyonce’s “Green Light” – co-wrote by Pharrell Williams, Sean Garrett, & Beyonce
Beyonce’s “Get Me Bodied” – co-wrote by Swizz Beatz, Sean Garrett, Beyonce, & Solange
Beyonce’s “If” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Beyonce
JoJo’s “This Time” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
JoJo’s “The Way You Do Me” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Fergie’s “London Bridge” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Kelis’ “Bossy” – song/hook ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Kelis’ “Blindfold Me” – song/hook ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
JayZ’s “Dig A Hole” – hook ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Joe’s “Where You At” – song/hook ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Kelly Rowland’s “Ms. Kelly” – song/hook co-wrote by Kelly Rowland & Sean Garrett
Chris Brown’s “Wall 2 Wall” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Britany Spears’ “Kiss Me All Over” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Enrique Iglesias’ “Do you Know” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett

Last edited by DoctorJ; 10-11-2007 at 09:47 AM..
 10 years ago '07        #111
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
alot of people dont know that D.O.C. writes most of snoop dogg's lyrics.
 10 years ago '04        #112
Stormtrooper 
space
space
 DoctorJ said:
StormTrooper mentioned alot of these already - but from research trying to differentiate between written versus produced...here's officially what I could find for Sean Garrett:

Sean Garrett (Garrett C.R. Hamler) [Hitco South Publishing, LLC/Christopher Garrett’s Publishing/EMI April Music Inc.]
Truth Hurt’s “Real” - ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Brian McKnight’s “Crazy Love” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Brian McKnight
Janet Jackson’s “My Baby” - co-wrote by Sean Garrett, Kanye West, & Janet Jackson
Destiny’s Child “Lose My Breath” - ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Destiny’s Child “Girl” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Destiny’s Child
Destiny’s Child “Is She The Reason” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Destiny’s Child
Destiny’s Child “Soldier” - co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Rich Harrison
Destiny’s Child “T-Shirt” - co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Vidal Davis
Destiny’s Child “Bad Habit” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Destiny’s Child “Game Over” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Michelle Williams
Destiny’s Child “Through With Love” – co-wrote by Mario Winans & Sean Garrett
Destiny’s Child “Check On It” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett, Angela Beyince, & Beyonce
Ciara’s “Ohh Baby” – co-wrote by Hermen Lang, Sean Garrett, & Keri Hilton
Ciara’s “Goodies” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Teairra Marie’s “No Daddy” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Teairra Marie’s “Confidential” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Teairra Marie’s “La La” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Teairra Marie
Teairra Marie’s “Phone Booth” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Bryan M. Cox
Teairra Marie’s “Make Her Feel Good” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Vito Colapiertro
Ricky Martin’s “I Am” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Usher’s “Yeah” – song/hook co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Lil Jon
Usher’s “Confessions” - ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Usher’s “Red Light” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Keri Hilson
Fantasia’s “It’s All Good” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Christina Milian’s “I Need More” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Omarion’s “Drop That Heater” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Rodney Jerkins
112’s “If I Hit” – co-wrote by Mario Winans & Sean Garrett
112’s “U Already Know” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
112’s “Closing The Club” – co-wrote by Daron Jones & Sean Garrett
112’s “My Mistakes” – co-wrote by Daron Jones & Sean Garrett
112’s “Why Can’t We Get Along” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Ken Fambro
112’s “Down The Aisle” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett, Daron Jones, & Ryan Toby
DMX’s “Dog Love” – hook wrote by Sean Garrett
Amerie’s “Touch” – co-wrote by Amerie, Craig Love, Lil Jon, & Sean Garrett
Fabolous’ “No Need 4 Conversion” – hook wrote by Sean Garrett
Mario’s “18” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Mario’s Couldn’t Say No” – co-wrote by Theron Otis Feemster & Sean Garrett
Latif’s “Girl” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Latif’s “I Don’t Wanna Hurt You” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Teddy Bishop
Lloyd’s “This Way” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Teddy Bishop
Jamie Foxx’s “Warm Bed” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Michael Crooms
Jamie Foxx’s “DJ Play A Love Song” – song/hook co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Jamie Foxx
Mary J Blige’s “Show Love” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Mary J Blige
Mary J Blige’s “Good Woman Down” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Mary J Blige
Mary J Blige’s “Enough Cryin” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett, Rodney Jerkins, & Mary J Blige
Donnel Jones’ “Better Start Talking” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Jermaine Dupri
Chris Brown’s “Run It” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Jermaine Dupri
Chris Brown’s “Gimme That” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Keyshia Cole’s “Guess What” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
pus*ycat Doll’s “Buttons” – song/hook ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Gwen Stefani’s “Now That You Got It” – co-wrote by Gwen Stefani & Sean Garrett
Beyonce’s “Ring The Alarm” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Beyonce
Beyonce’s “Upgrade U” – song/hook co-wrote by Sean Garrett, Beyonce, & Solange
Beyonce’s “Kitty Kat” – co-wrote by Pharrell Williams & Sean Garrett
Beyonce’s “Green Light” – co-wrote by Pharrell Williams, Sean Garrett, & Beyonce
Beyonce’s “Get Me Bodied” – co-wrote by Swizz Beatz, Sean Garrett, Beyonce, & Solange
Beyonce’s “If” – co-wrote by Sean Garrett & Beyonce
JoJo’s “This Time” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
JoJo’s “The Way You Do Me” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Fergie’s “London Bridge” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Kelis’ “Bossy” – song/hook ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Kelis’ “Blindfold Me” – song/hook ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
JayZ’s “Dig A Hole” – hook ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Joe’s “Where You At” – song/hook ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Kelly Rowland’s “Ms. Kelly” – song/hook co-wrote by Kelly Rowland & Sean Garrett
Chris Brown’s “Wall 2 Wall” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Britany Spears’ “Kiss Me All Over” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett
Enrique Iglesias’ “Do you Know” – ghost-wrote by Sean Garrett

I have someone you should look up.. His name is Harold Lilly. He is really cool guy.. I worked for his management company a while back. I know personally he has done stuff for Ruben, Mario, and Alicia Keys{Maybe or will be} he also wrote Unpredicatable for Jamie Foxx.. or should we just keep it rap.. cause CNN owes there careers to Tragedy
 07-09-2007, 11:48 AM         #113
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
nic diamonds explanation of mase and jayz actually makes some sense
 10 years ago '04        #114
space
space
aight Stormtrooper...I'll look Lilly up next...thanks for you input.

RicFlair...Nic Diamonds post is a mess cause he tried to say everyone on that list was bad boy employees (I already proved that wrong) and it's using publishing credits...as I explained in the last post, aren't as consistent as copyright research -- click on the 2 links and compare yourself:

ASCAP Publishing Screenshot:

Copyright Registration Screenshot:
 07-09-2007, 12:23 PM         #115
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the links dont prove anything different.
 07-09-2007, 12:56 PM         #116
RIP B.I.G. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I heard that Chris Webber is a big ghost-producer in the game. I know he produced "Blunt Ashes" for Nas, but I was wondering if you know anything else he's done?

And major props to you Doctor J. A sh*tload of work and you're still getting haters.
 10 years ago '05        #117
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
can someone plz look up and see if wayne had ghost writers plz look that one up
 10 years ago '04        #118
space
space
"the links dont prove anything different."
Ummm, are you looking at the same thing I am?? One is the ASCAP registration listing the tons of names 'involved' in making the track without even given task recognition. The other is the COPYRIGHT registration from the LOC...that actually specifies the difference of authors of "music" & "words". This is what is filed at the Library of Congress, is governmentally certified, and is what I used for this article when I wrote it in New Times Magazine..2+ years ago.

As for Curtisimo...thanks for your input ---- yes, back in our day - in the late 80's and early 90's that used to be the case with 'ghostwriting'...straight up writing for cash ---- but factors like copyright law, new standards for performing rights companies, publishing royalties, and especially the Millennium Copyright Act in 1998 reallly changed the way writing is done in the industry in the last 2 decades homie. It's common business law knowledge that 'GHOSTWRITING' is only hidden publishing credit (nothing more, nothing less). I can a.ssure you, cause I handle alot of the copyright law/actions of my company's database artists - ALL ghostwriting since the mid-1990's whether they are getting paid upfront, under the table, or hidden --- ALL demand for their copyright authorship...it basically the only protection for them of the case where the artist they just sold the verse(s) to from turning around and selling it to someone else. Also - Just to correct/answer some of your comments here:

and plus somebody can get writing credit just for throwing a line
This is actually false...according to Library of Congress standards, you don't get writing credits until it's 3 bars or over. So giving a rapper 1 line, isn't considered 'ghostwriting' or even 'writing credit' by our government.

the producers also gets writing credit cuz they written the music(in other terms making the beat)
Again, this is not totally truth. Unlike publishing forms (and album notes), the difference with copyright registrations is it specifies what authors are responsible for. Hence the terms "music/composition" and "words". On the typical filed copyright form - the producer only is credited for "music" if he just produced the beat. For a producer to get credit for "words" authorship...much like the artist, he has to have proof of writing part of the track.

I hope that answers your questions, and clears up some of your confusion.

Take Care!
 10 years ago '04        #119
Lawgic 
space
space
$3,389 | Props total: 73 73
Gotta say this is a very informative thread. Should be a sticky
 07-09-2007, 03:51 PM         #120
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ummm, are you looking at the same thing I am?? One is the ASCAP registration listing the tons of names 'involved' in making the track without even given task recognition. The other is the COPYRIGHT registration from the LOC...that actually specifies the difference of authors of "music" & "words". This is what is filed at the Library of Congress, is governmentally certified, and is what I used for this article when I wrote it in New Times Magazine..2+ years ago.

did you read what we were arguing about when you told me to look at the links.

it doesnt prove nics theory wrong. with nics theory they would all still be credited as they are.
Home      

most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
160 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
29 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now