The Definitive GHOSTWRITING Exposed/Research Thread (will keep updated)

most viewed right now
 175
The pyramids were what?
45 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 127
Image(s) inside How the hell did Jaden Smith smash Sarahfu-kingsnyder !
36 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 121
Video inside Pusha T's brother 'No Malice' speaks on Drake Ye & Kim K
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 86
Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj hating on Cardi B and Offsets love?
41 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 11 years ago '05        #61
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$5,433 | Props total: 409 409
 TRiL said:
If you would have read my post correctly I clearly stated that "THIS IS NOT R&B THIS IS RAP n*ggaS" meaning of course R&B artists are going to have song writers. Most R&B artists get signed off of their vocal abilities. That's understandable. Rap is way different. This is a music genre thats supposed to be based off pure talent and skill mainly SONG WRITING abilities, flow, and style. I just find it corny that n*ggas have people penning whole verses or songs for them. Rap is a competitive sport fam. You can't claim to be the best when someone else wrote ur sh*t. Simple as that. THIS IS RAP.
I was just making a point...........


Ight let me water this down for some folk. Artist “COULD” have decided to go with a with a ghost writer because of their flow was hot at the time. Fot example a bad one at that,,,, look at the thread starters list of ghost writers there are multiple artist Foxy, Bow, Wow sh*t even Dre. That’s a little proof artist could be going after people who are hot at the time.
 11 years ago '05        #62
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$5,433 | Props total: 409 409
SOME OF YALL ARE IN COMPLETE DENILE
 07-06-2007, 01:06 PM         #63
Jerzyfam 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jaiden05 said:
SOME OF YALL ARE IN COMPLETE DENILE
some people can't spell

its denial homeboy
 07-06-2007, 01:07 PM         #64
TRiL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jaiden05 said:
I was just making a point...........


Ight let me water this down for some folk. Artist “COULD” have decided to go with a with a ghost writer because of their flow was hot at the time. Fot example a bad one at that,,,, look at the thread starters list of ghost writers there are multiple artist Foxy, Bow, Wow sh*t even Dre. That’s a little proof artist could be going after people who are hot at the time.
I already know all of that homie. I just think it's corny. Write your own sh*t if your gonna be in the rap game. Simple as that.
 11 years ago '05        #65
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$5,433 | Props total: 409 409
 Jerzyfam said:
some people can't spell

its denial homeboy
wow not worried about spelling boi boi, If I cared about spelling I would’ve used spell check


battyman phuk outta here


Last edited by Jaiden05; 07-06-2007 at 01:19 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #66
Jaiden05 23 heat pts23
space
avatar space
space
$5,433 | Props total: 409 409
 TRiL said:
I already know all of that homie. I just think it's corny. Write your own sh*t if your gonna be in the rap game. Simple as that.



I hear you but that's what that record executives want are spin I agree with you though.
 07-06-2007, 01:11 PM         #67
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jackstunt said:
Well from my first hand experience...

Jeezy - Got a ghostwriter from Miami. I have personally seen the written lyrics before he ever recorded them. One time i saw the verse to "Keep it movin" from the mixtape months before I heard the song.

Nas - Same cat wrote a few verses for Nas.
Dre - The dude from Cool and Dre, same cat from Miami write this n*gga sh*t.

Dude told me he wrote for many more but he just cash out instead of trying to get d*cked around for his money.
Who is this and where did u get this information from????
 07-06-2007, 01:12 PM         #68
TRiL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jaiden05 said:
I hear you but that's what that record executives want are spin I agree with you though.
No doubt fam
 11 years ago '05        #69
PIRU'N'BONE 
space
avatar space
space
$381 | Props total: 0 0
that sh*t about


bone thugs gettin trey songz to ghost rite "this aint a game" is fake....i draw the line right bout here hahaha... :thumbsdow


Last edited by PIRU'N'BONE; 07-06-2007 at 01:56 PM..
 11 years ago '05        #70
J Mos 
space
avatar space
space
$247 | Props total: 0 0
@ when u go back and listen 2 tha songs and u can hear those other rapper's styles on tha verses...props 2 ne-yo but i aint trippin so much over tha r&b sh*t becuz most of those cats dont write their own songs neway...so THAT much was a given

i figured ghostwritin was more popular than i thought but i still tripped when i went back n listened 2 sh*t like "Still D.R.E." while thinkin of Jay-Z's style...

"Still, puffin' my leaf, still fu*k wit tha beats,
(pause) still not lovin' police,
Still rock my khakis wit a cuff and a crease,
Still got, love for tha streets reppin' 213..."

lol thats classic Jigga rite there...i juss never thought about it becuz i juss figured Dre had stepped his game up a lil bit cuz he was never much more than an average lyricist at best...guess i'll be more careful about who i give credit to from now on...


*Mos*
 07-06-2007, 02:57 PM         #71
BIG POPPA 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if you go to this site you could see who wrote for who
but you gotta know they real name

 07-06-2007, 04:35 PM         #72
Krazy K 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
@ Jada wirting Horse & Carriage, Nas writin Gettin' Jiggy With It and Mase writing for Jay
@ Bugs having Jay write his lyrics
 07-06-2007, 05:06 PM         #73
Tha_D 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good thread, finally shedding some light on a subject that hasnt really been exposed/discussed. I'm forever trying to convince fools that ____ used a ghostwriter, or a bit closer to home, ____ straight jacked the ____beat. A year ago, at my gf's birthday, we were all kickin back after the sh*t stopped, finishin drinks, i got some tunes out, n some bird dropped 'ohhh i loveeeeeee this track, this beat is like so original' or some sh*t. I glanced, grabbed a Zapp record, and it was all on. Show and tell time.

Ghostwriting has been acceptable in R&B based on the fact that singers are signed for their voice and image over their lyrical creativity. That Beyonce/Shakira track, annoying as all fu*k, n you wouldnt imagine one or either of them was responsible for the entire song.

An artist may be capable of writing verses, but there are many reasons as to why they'd be featuring on someones track, doing a verse they didnt write.

- Contracted/Appearances
- Verse was already written, already suited for the song and the artist, was headhunted for the appearance

Btw, its the general belief that Em wrote or co-wrote, whatever you want to call it, Dre's verses in 'Forgot About Dre', based on the basic flow/rhyme scheme. He also helped write 'Let's Get High', as he was also implicated when they were sued over jacking the beat.
 11 years ago '04        #74
DoctorJ|m 35 heat pts35 OP
space
avatar space
space
$5,012 | Props total: 243 243
UPDATE...I added some CAM'RON copyright credits...go check it out!
 11 years ago '07        #75
Jackstunt 
space
space
space
$1,553 | Props total: 23 23
 Andre3000 said:
Who is this and where did u get this information from????
Same dude out of Miami told me he wrote for that n*gga. I seen actual proof of other sh*t he did so I will take him on his word.

Besides that I am not surprised to hear about rappers having a team of writers. Like dude told me he said rappers are like tv shows you need a team of writers, aNr's, producers, etc to put out a good product.
 07-06-2007, 06:44 PM         #76
macadon83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jackstunt said:
Well from my first hand experience...

Jeezy - Got a ghostwriter from Miami. I have personally seen the written lyrics before he ever recorded them. One time i saw the verse to "Keep it movin" from the mixtape months before I heard the song.

Nas - Same cat wrote a few verses for Nas.

Dre - The dude from Cool and Dre, same cat from Miami write this n*gga sh*t.

Dude told me he wrote for many more but he just cash out instead of trying to get d*cked around for his money.
I couldn't see nas with a ghostwriter. He loves the art too much. Plus, him having the same ghostwriter as Young Jeezy really wouldn't make much sense. If someone could write a verse for Nas, you gotta write better lyrics than what my n*gga jeezy spews out.
 11 years ago '07        #77
Jackstunt 
space
space
space
$1,553 | Props total: 23 23
 macadon83 said:
I couldn't see nas with a ghostwriter. He loves the art too much. Plus, him having the same ghostwriter as Young Jeezy really wouldn't make much sense. If someone could write a verse for Nas, you gotta write better lyrics than what my n*gga jeezy spews out.
A good ghostwriter can mimic any artist's style. Look I am going by what dude told me plus I seen them Jeezy lyrics and ole boi doing something for the money, its not like he trapping.

Another point if you listen to someone enough then you know how to sound like them on paper.
 07-06-2007, 07:44 PM         #78
Andre3000 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jackstunt said:
A good ghostwriter can mimic any artist's style. Look I am going by what dude told me plus I seen them Jeezy lyrics and ole boi doing something for the money, its not like he trapping.

Another point if you listen to someone enough then you know how to sound like them on paper.
Im a Big Nas Fan but for some reason ur story seems a little believable cuz Nas does have a house in MIA that he stayed at so hes usually in the area. I just wanna know what song he says he wrote.
 07-06-2007, 07:50 PM         #79
The Asshole 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this what i know for a fact

nas ghost wrote for will smith, foxy

T.I wrote TONS of bow wow material

royce, DOC, em,jayz,smitty wrote for dre
 07-06-2007, 08:01 PM         #80
currybai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
babyface is one of the best song writers ever. Luther Vandross was also a pretty damn good writer.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 40
Image(s) inside May 25 - Rachel Dolezal faces 15 yrs in prison if convicted of felony ..
46 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 38
Image(s) inside The Frame on this AMAZON.com/Ninimour Model tho...
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 29
Image(s) inside PAWG got no chill (#Jheeez)
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
Article inside Reboot your router
47 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 15
Drake- I’m Upset
421 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 15
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
127 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Smashing With The House Arrest Bracelet On 🤷🏾*♂&..
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 8
audio inside Drake - Duppy Freestyle
1371 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy