The Definitive GHOSTWRITING Exposed/Research Thread (will keep updated)

most viewed right now
 105
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 67
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 54
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
14 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 43
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
55 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '07        #21
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
avatar space
space
$30,469 | Props total: 14929 14929
the d.o.c. ghostwrote thats that sh*t
 07-05-2007, 06:49 PM         #22
RIP B.I.G. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DoctorJ said:
the only one that can speak on this that I see making logical sense is StormTropper.

Much like him, I have worked at and with Sony Records, as well as some work at So So Def, while it was still under the Sony imprint. My Hear My Voice Urban Talent Service Database is coordinated by Beverly Martin, Dir. of Regional Promotions at Sony. So trust me -- I'm speaking from 9 years of experience.

If you read my whole post - you'd see I too said 'most' ghostwriting used to be kept as unknown as possible --- One mistake you have though is -- the original ghostwriter does retain copyright registration for the tracks...and that's where the smoking gun ALWAYS is. (Go research Cardan...(you spelled his name wrong) who used to be in Harlem World...just like you said, the tracks he did write for Nelly, as well as Foxy are credited through the Library of Congress. VERY VERY rarely do they not retain authorship homie. You should know this.

Pimp...YES, BIG did use ghostwriting...it's well documented all the cats he's hooked up for helping out...go do some homework. Even if it's not a WHOLE verse written, nearly all artists get a.ssistance on a major label. So don't be so shocked.


RIP, that's cooo, you are like 3 minutes from my crib right now....as for people I've worked with, I run a database that Beverly from Sony coordinates...so I work with many regions. My biggest 2 successes is selling a beat to Brian McKnight and a beat to Mario Vazquez. Locally, I've sold 2 beats to Triple J...and I'm working on a project with Kimillion (Killa Kim).
I think everyone can agree that nearly every artist has gotten some help. Maybe a "This would sound better than..." or maybe an artist is having trouble writing a hook. I was just a bit surprised that Big had someone write whole verses for him.

Man, that's tight as fu*k. If you ever see a teenaged kid about 6'0 tall crossing 441, it's probably me. I'm always walkin' over there to the mall and gym and sh*t. I always have a damn adidas bag and I'm sometimes rockin' Versace sunglasses.

I'd prop you again but I have to spread some Rep around.

Is the music business as fu*ked up as they say?
 10 years ago '04        #23
DoctorJ|m 35 heat pts35 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,967 | Props total: 210 210
hahaha, worse fu*ked up....put it this way, when I was 20 years old and didn't have all my education in music biz, my first production company was called Reel Life Entertainment, after 10 documented months of mixtape/production business --- a woman in Cali started a movie of the same name, and her first task was to sue me. I won fortunately...because I was able to show proof (invoices/receipts for projects and equipment for over 10 months)...but it just shows how fu*ked up people can be; especially when they 'think' you don't know what you're doing.


I'll keep an eye out for you homie --- I'll swerve so I don't hit you on 441.

I'm also trying to work with 99 Jamz & Crazy Hood Productions in a 'Florida's Most Wanted' mixtape. Hit me up on AIM when you see me online --- and I'll show you some of the early work & promo art I got for it aight.


Last edited by DoctorJ; 07-05-2007 at 06:59 PM..
 10 years ago '07        #24
timdog 921 heat pts921
space
avatar space
space
$30,469 | Props total: 14929 14929
everyone know puffy had ppl write 4 him dun "dont worry if i write rhymes i write checks"
 10 years ago '06        #25
Boondocks 
space
avatar space
space
$1,153 | Props total: 6 6
 RicFlair said:
i dont believe that mase wrote i just wanna love you
co-sign


Wasn't Jay sending sub shots at mase around I Just wanna love u droped (late 90s-early 2000s)
 07-05-2007, 07:00 PM         #26
RIP B.I.G. 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DoctorJ said:
hahaha, worse fu*ked up....put it this way, when I was 20 years old and didn't have all my education in music biz, my first production company was called Reel Life Entertainment, after 10 documented months of mixtape/production business --- a woman in Cali started a movie of the same name, and her first task was to sue me. I won fortunately...because I was able to show proof (invoices/receipts for projects and equipment for over 10 months)...but it just shows how fu*ked up people can be; especially when they 'think' you don't know what you're doing.


I'll keep an eye out for you homie --- I'll swerve so I don't hit you on 441.

I'm also trying to work with 99 Jamz & Crazy Hood Productions in a 'Florida's Most Wanted' mixtape. Hit me up on AIM when you see me online --- and I'll show you some of the early work & promo art I got for it aight.
Damn. That's fu*ked up. You must be doin' pretty well if you livin' up in Wellington. Much luck to ya in the future, as well.

Thanks.

Oh damn. That's tight as fu*k. Aight, thanks.


Last edited by RIP B.I.G.; 07-05-2007 at 07:02 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #27
DoctorJ|m 35 heat pts35 OP
space
avatar space
space
$4,967 | Props total: 210 210
<Boondocks says> "Wasn't Jay sending sub shots at mase around I Just wanna love u droped (late 90s-early 2000s)
I do remember the issues they had too...although I do believe it was after the release of the album. Typically songs are produced, written, & recorded months prior to turn-in deadlines. Also, realize that Mase and JayZ were around each other and a.ssociated with each other prior to Big's death, plus Jay was on Mase's debut album...so they were at least on friendly terms at some time.

Realize that --- this data I'm gonna keep updating this post with is directly off of the approved copyright application for the song. This is what is filed in the copyright office, at the Library of Congress. Since that's governmental documents I trust them. Ya feel me.
 10 years ago '04        #28
klone03 
space
avatar space
space
$9,930 | Props total: 2 2
props for the info.
 07-05-2007, 08:25 PM         #29
zin 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
thanks for the info
 07-05-2007, 08:57 PM         #30
REAL_NESS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Thanks for the info

at people trying to discredit dude and him successfully defending himself

& damn NE-YO puts in work :wow:
 10 years ago '04        #31
Stormtrooper 
space
avatar space
space
$748 | Props total: 51 51
 DoctorJ said:
the only one that can speak on this that I see making logical sense is StormTropper.

Much like him, I have worked at and with Sony Records, as well as some work at So So Def, while it was still under the Sony imprint. My Hear My Voice Urban Talent Service Database is coordinated by Beverly Martin, Dir. of Regional Promotions at Sony. So trust me -- I'm speaking from 9 years of experience.

If you read my whole post - you'd see I too said 'most' ghostwriting used to be kept as unknown as possible --- One mistake you have though is -- the original ghostwriter does retain copyright registration for the tracks...and that's where the smoking gun ALWAYS is. (Go research Cardan...(you spelled his name wrong) who used to be in Harlem World...just like you said, the tracks he did write for Nelly, as well as Foxy are credited through the Library of Congress. VERY VERY rarely do they not retain authorship homie. You should know this.

Pimp...YES, BIG did use ghostwriting...it's well documented all the cats he's hooked up for helping out...go do some homework. Even if it's not a WHOLE verse written, nearly all artists get a.ssistance on a major label. So don't be so shocked.


RIP, that's cooo, you are like 3 minutes from my crib right now....as for people I've worked with, I run a database that Beverly from Sony coordinates...so I work with many regions. My biggest 2 successes is selling a beat to Brian McKnight and a beat to Mario Vazquez. Locally, I've sold 2 beats to Triple J...and I'm working on a project with Kimillion (Killa Kim).
You are correct , but what i was trying to say there is alot of under the table money dealings not so much with the labels, but directly with the artist , producers and or managers. I can tell you i know someone that wrote songs for Fox Brown and they just paid him some change.. That song she did Stylin' if yall remember that she didnt write it my dude wrote that for her, they just throw him a couple thousands.. thats it no credits, no pub. I can tell u more, lots more. Thats why its called GHOSTWRITING.. you dont know unless u are in the know
 07-05-2007, 09:20 PM         #32
NIC DIAMONDS 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I know that Ghostwriting is common but I think in some of the instances you listed your getting contributions mixed up with ghostwriting. Im not sure but I can pretty much throw out that Mase wrote for Jay-z. Now if you say Kanye wrote for Jay then I would believe you since I have seen it, we all did but might not have paid attention. Jay snatched what Kanye said he was gonna spit to Lucifer if Jay didnt take it. But Mase writing for Jigga Nah thats buullll sh*ttt.
 07-05-2007, 09:21 PM         #33
WestwoodDaKid 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wen u actually listen to the tracks that have been ghostwrittin u tend to do hear the actually ghostwritin in the words

like wit bow wow tracks i heard em i can definetly hear t.i.
jody breeze write diddy tracks for press play and i hear it

and so...
 10 years ago '07        #34
silverhaze 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$314 | Props total: 7 7
man eminem wrote the watcher for dre it says in the booklets
 10 years ago '06        #35
MΛζ†Д VεNфM™ 
space
avatar space
space
$2,551 | Props total: 2 2
i think u're mixin' up between writin' and GHOSTwritin'
 07-05-2007, 10:34 PM         #36
RicFlair 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DoctorJ said:
I do remember the issues they had too...although I do believe it was after the release of the album. Typically songs are produced, written, & recorded months prior to turn-in deadlines. Also, realize that Mase and JayZ were around each other and a.ssociated with each other prior to Big's death, plus Jay was on Mase's debut album...so they were at least on friendly terms at some time.

Realize that --- this data I'm gonna keep updating this post with is directly off of the approved copyright application for the song. This is what is filed in the copyright office, at the Library of Congress. Since that's governmental documents I trust them. Ya feel me.


actually he took shots at mase before that song. regardless i still dont believe mase wrote that sh*t. some of the shots jay was takin at mase was about jay ghostwritin mases sh*t.
 10 years ago '04        #37
KAL Worth 
space
avatar space
space
$4,488 | Props total: 0 0
Post up the songs Skillz (a.k.a. Mad Skillz) ghostwrote for
 07-06-2007, 04:22 AM         #38
SnakeBites 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DoctorJ said:
Foxy's "If I" - ghost-wrote by JayZ
Foxy's "Foxy's Bells" - ghost-wrote by JayZ
Foxy's "Get Me Home" - ghost-wrote by JayZ
Foxy's "Ill Na Na" - (Foxy's verse) ghost-wrote by JayZ
Foxy's "I'll Be" - ghost-wrote by JayZ
Foxy's "Big Bad Mama” - ghost-wrote by JayZ
Foxy's "Hot Spot" - ghost-wrote by JayZ
Foxy's "I Can't" - ghost-wrote by JayZ
Foxy's "JOB" - ghost-wrote by JayZ
Foxy's Verse on "Affirmative Action" - ghost-wrote by Nas
Foxy's Verse on "Hardcore" - ghost-wrote by Nas
Foxy's Verse on "Encore" - ghost-wrote by Nas
Foxy's Verse on "Firm Fiasco" - ghost-wrote by Nas
Foxy's Verse on "Untouchable" - co-wrote by Nas & Mel Man
Foxy's Verse on "Firm Biz" - co-wrote by Nas & AZ
Foxy's Verse on "Executive Decision" co-wrote by Nas & Nature
:thumbsdow
 07-06-2007, 04:45 AM         #39
Domic462 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
:applause: :applause:
 DoctorJ said:
I do remember the issues they had too...although I do believe it was after the release of the album. Typically songs are produced, written, & recorded months prior to turn-in deadlines. Also, realize that Mase and JayZ were around each other and a.ssociated with each other prior to Big's death, plus Jay was on Mase's debut album...so they were at least on friendly terms at some time.

Realize that --- this data I'm gonna keep updating this post with is directly off of the approved copyright application for the song. This is what is filed in the copyright office, at the Library of Congress. Since that's governmental documents I trust them. Ya feel me.
Nice post

So what did you do at your record company, I'm in college wanting to go in the music industry as anything I don't care I just got to be around music.
 07-06-2007, 04:52 AM         #40
garethnurden88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that gotta be bullsh*t bout Jay-Z writing for those tracks for Dre.. Royce, eminem and xzibit done the ghostwriting for his album, other than still dre, tha was Jay
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 30
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
37 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 30
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 21
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
67 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 20
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
89 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
 6
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 5
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 5
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
59 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy