Jul 3 - Kanye West Says "No" To Rappers

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
209 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
136 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
50 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 10 years ago '04        #1
7783 pageviews
114 comments

m_cullins 62 heat pts62
space
space
$7,531 | Props total: 275 275
Jul 3 - Kanye West Says "No" To Rappers

Kanye West Says "No" To Rappers
July 2nd, 2007 | Author: Andres TardioKanye West is ready to graduate. With his LP dropping, West recently spoke on a few things and said a few things that could get him in trouble.

This time around, he decided to not let any artists on the album, aside from a Jeezy adlib. Why?

"I don't have any rappers on my album...Not just because I'm trying to make a statement of being an MC — I want people to get into my album and zone out. You never asked Marvin Gaye, 'You have such and such doing a background track?' I do have an ad-lib from [Young] Jeezy. That's because he has that line, 'Hey Snowman, can I get an ad-lib?' So I asked for an ad-lib. Where the rappers do appear is on the remixes," Kanye told MTV.
This past weekend, West paid tribute to Princess Diana by performing at a concert thrown by Prince William and Prince Harry. The rapper joined the likes of Lily Allen, Elton John, Duran Duran and Diddy.

Although he had a short set, which included "Gold Digger" and "Stronger", West said he would do his best to perform for the huge crowd at Wembley Stadium in London.

“We've only got 7 minutes but we are gonna rip this stage in half. This one is for Diana,” he told the audience.

Controversy doesn't leave West alone. As he performed "Jesus Walks:, viewers could hear the word "ni-gas" in the intro to the song. On "Touch the Sky", West said the word "sh-t" in one of the verses.

According to MTV in the UK, this could potentially hurt BBC and other channels that had the concert on live.
Graduation drops this Summer.

114 comments for "Jul 3 - Kanye West Says "No" To Rappers"

10 years ago '04        #2
King Ryan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,649 | Props total: 1340 1340
Kanye is on fire, anticipating the album
 10 years ago '04        #3
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,554 | Props total: 93 93
No guest rappers? Not a fan of that idea, I'll of course have to hear the album before I can actually judge, but I personally don't think Kanye is a very good rapper, hopefully he's improved.
 10 years ago '07        #4
Kashiff10 
space
space
$464 | Props total: 0 0
The album will def be another classic...mad props
 10 years ago '04        #5
1nonly 15 heat pts15
space
space
$12,450 | Props total: 1237 1237
^^^ I like the idea. Maybe a verse from Common would have been good

Sometimes an album can have so many features you can't call it a solo effort.
 10 years ago '06        #6
LakerFan 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,280 | Props total: 459 459
i like guest spots too but he said they will be on the remixes so maybe he plans on bringing out a remix album.
 10 years ago '04        #7
GreatWhites 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,200 | Props total: 66 66
i'm a huge fan of the idea of not having guests...albums today have like 3 solo tracks and 13 guests....

i'm just not a big fan of Kanye West, unfortunately...
 10 years ago '05        #8
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
Good. No guests. This will make him prove himself as a credible STANDALONE artist instead of some manufactured product to be consumed by all of the sheep.
 10 years ago '05        #9
carden2 15 heat pts15
space
space
$13,554 | Props total: 1156 1156
 1nonly said:
^^^ I like the idea. Maybe a verse from Common would have been good

Sometimes an album can have so many features you can't call it a solo effort.
yep like fab's new album has features on every track and the album was wack...fab fell off hard. and i was major dissappointed. but kanye dont need no help from other rappers he's a real musician...he actually cares about his production, he cares about his message, he cares about if people can really relate and understand what he is saying most rappers dont give a sh*t there in the studio to make hits thats all...they say anything that sounds nice on track then they make paper...kanye is trying to give the fans something to hold on to i mean you can't listen to tracks like white girl, cake, i get money, and say i can relate to that sh*t...cus most folk can't relate to that sh*t...it jus sounds good..and most rappers stretch monetary value and dont know how much weight there really talken about why there lyrics are jus face value..like if they talken about guns they say heater, gun, etc. etc. they dont say make and sh*t usually...same wit drugs they always say 8 ball but that aint that much money but they still say they got ki's and sh*t..if they dealt as much weight as they said they wouldn't need to rap..
 10 years ago '04        #10
sundance 
space
space
$1,777 | Props total: 0 0
im looking foward to his cd
 10 years ago '05        #11
P DRILLA 103 heat pts103
space
space
$10,671 | Props total: 6418 6418
'can't tell me nothin' is the best hip hop video i've seen in a while
 10 years ago '04        #12
syxx2001 
space
space
$2,809 | Props total: 168 168
 HHS said:
No guest rappers? Not a fan of that idea, I'll of course have to hear the album before I can actually judge, but I personally don't think Kanye is a very good rapper, hopefully he's improved.
I dunno if you have ever said it before but when a rapper has guests on his album n*ggas complain about "the good ol' days" when a rappers album was that rappers album and not a compilation so when a rapper finally keeps his album his album, people doubt that it will be any good. n*ggas....
 07-03-2007, 12:29 PM         #13
ibNuttin04 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
college dropout was the best so far... hopefully graduation equals that
 10 years ago '04        #14
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
 syxx2001 said:
I dunno if you have ever said it before but when a rapper has guests on his album n*ggas complain about "the good ol' days" when a rappers album was that rappers album and not a compilation so when a rapper finally keeps his album his album, people doubt that it will be any good. n*ggas....
I would generally agree that rappers should carry their albums, have few or no guests, but while Kanye might consider himself a rapper first and a producer second, I think he has said that he's been rapping longer, I think he's a far better producer than rapper, so I'd put him more in the Dr. Dre/Pete Rock category. So, I'd rather have a "Chronic" or "Soul Survivor" type album, at least based on his previous albums, it is possible that he's taken a big leap as a rapper, I'm not writing the album off by any means, I'm looking forward to it, since he's been trying some different stuff, in terms of production, since his last album.

Last edited by HHS; 07-03-2007 at 12:46 PM..
 07-03-2007, 01:04 PM         #15
><>Young'n<>< 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i could see him doing something similar to Diamonds (Remix) on Late Registration where it was just Jay-Z on it. Jay has been on both of the previous albums and both songs were very well done, so hopefully hes on it again. The no rapper thing seems like bullsh*t also, because didn't kanye come out and say that him and Com had a song called "The Glory" that was gunna be on Graduation. I still think some rappers are gunna make an appearance.
 10 years ago '04        #16
syxx2001 
space
space
$2,809 | Props total: 168 168
 HHS said:
I would generally agree that rappers should carry their albums, have few or no guests, but while Kanye might consider himself a rapper first and a producer second, I think he has said that he's been rapping longer, I think he's a far better producer than rapper, so I'd put him more in the Dr. Dre/Pete Rock category. So, I'd rather have a "Chronic" or "Soul Survivor" type album, at least based on his previous albums, it is possible that he's taken a big leap as a rapper, I'm not writing the album off by any means, I'm looking forward to it, since he's been trying some different stuff, in terms of production, since his last album.
I personally think Kanye is a good rapper and capable of holding his own on a album by himself. Alot of people dont like him cause he wont shoot nobody or pitch a onion to a fiend and actually raps about his life but its refreshing sometimes. His first album is crack. His 2nd has its shining moments, so Imma be waiting for this one.
 10 years ago '07        #17
boar 
space
space
$1,215 | Props total: 0 0
 HHS said:
No guest rappers? Not a fan of that idea
str8, real talk

Last edited by boar; 07-03-2007 at 01:15 PM..
 10 years ago '04        #18
HHS 1 heat pts
space
space
 syxx2001 said:
I personally think Kanye is a good rapper and capable of holding his own on a album by himself. Alot of people dont like him cause he wont shoot nobody or pitch a onion to a fiend and actually raps about his life but its refreshing sometimes. His first album is crack. His 2nd has its shining moments, so Imma be waiting for this one.
I'm all for what he raps about and what he tries to do, it's the execution I have an issue with.
 07-03-2007, 01:33 PM         #19
AlCapone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
cant wait for this
 07-03-2007, 01:33 PM         #20
micwrecka 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
No rappers? Wow then that means Kanyes album wont have ANY rappers on there himself included. Please the n*ggaz cant rap first off and it would sucked even with cameos. Now that there wont be any says **bomb** time 10. No one wants to hear a weak a.ss fool trying to rap over hot beats.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
15 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
15 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
33 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
50 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
47 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy