Jul 3 - Kanye West Says "No" To Rappers

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

14 years ago '04        #1
8901 page views
114 comments

m_cullins 
Props total: 425 425  Slaps total: 89 89
Jul 3 - Kanye West Says "No" To Rappers

Kanye West Says "No" To Rappers
July 2nd, 2007 | Author: Andres TardioKanye West is ready to graduate. With his LP dropping, West recently spoke on a few things and said a few things that could get him in trouble.

This time around, he decided to not let any artists on the album, aside from a Jeezy adlib. Why?

"I don't have any rappers on my album...Not just because I'm trying to make a statement of being an MC — I want people to get into my album and zone out. You never asked Marvin Gaye, 'You have such and such doing a background track?' I do have an ad-lib from [Young] Jeezy. That's because he has that line, 'Hey Snowman, can I get an ad-lib?' So I asked for an ad-lib. Where the rappers do appear is on the remixes," Kanye told MTV.
This past weekend, West paid tribute to Princess Diana by performing at a concert thrown by Prince William and Prince Harry. The rapper joined the likes of Lily Allen, Elton John, Duran Duran and Diddy.

Although he had a short set, which included "Gold Digger" and "Stronger", West said he would do his best to perform for the huge crowd at Wembley Stadium in London.

“We've only got 7 minutes but we are gonna rip this stage in half. This one is for Diana,” he told the audience.

Controversy doesn't leave West alone. As he performed "Jesus Walks:, viewers could hear the word "ni-gas" in the intro to the song. On "Touch the Sky", West said the word "sh-t" in one of the verses.

According to MTV in the UK, this could potentially hurt BBC and other channels that had the concert on live.
Graduation drops this Summer.

best
worst
114 comments

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+46online now  15
Video inside Jerome in the house The movie you didn’t know you wanted
74 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+64online now  9
I've been addicted to P0RN for 20 years mane!!!!
173 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+76online now  7
Creepiest thing you ever experienced?
255 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  3
Interviews with both parties from the "Suns In 4" f*ght. . .
27 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy